• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 1,255 Views, 17 Comments

Miss President...Rainbow Dash? - AzelTheMantis



Rainbow Dash wakes up in an alternate universe where Princess Celestia doesn't exist and she's the current president of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,255

Chapter 2

"Maybe she's just accepting the fact that I'm the President of Awesomeness...yes, that must be it" Rainbow Dash let out a nervous chuckle as she attempted to dodge the obvious truth, "That must be it".

The pegasus then headed towards the bathroom for a quick, cold shower. Just as Business Twilight had told her, the water was kept at an optimum temperature, just the way she liked it. Aside from the brief eye-burn she got from a stray soap bubble, it was divine. The best shower she had in ages.

After she dried herself, Rainbow Dash opened a wardrobe which was placed near the door. She expected some clothes that might resemble a Wonderbolt uniform but to her disappointment, only shirts, coats and ties were present. Begrudgingly, she took out a random combination and wore it. She then checked herself in front of the mirror.

"Well...you've looked better", Rainbow Dash said to her reflection who wore a black coat over a white shirt and a red tie around her neck, "I will admit though. I make this corporate-ish look 20% cooler", she chuckled.

With that, she flew out of her chamber in a jiffy, fully expecting to be in the familiar crystal hallway of Twilight's castle. But unfortunately, she was dead wrong.

To her horror, she found herself standing in a hallway filled with pictures and paintings of important looking ponies, something she would expect to see in one of those Wonderbolt Halls of Fame. At the sides were bodiless sculptures or busts of more ponies and there was a single maid standing in the hallway, busily dusting them.

Rainbow Dash uncharacteristically trotted through slowly, staring at the paintings and the busts. Some of them looked vaguely familiar like "Starswirl the Bearded", "Flimsy Coat" and even "Blueblood" of all ponies. They wore all these strange suits which didn't seem to match them at all.

"Who the hay are these guys?" she asked herself.

"Could you keep it down, Miss President?" the maid asked her blankly.

"Umm...okay...I guess" Rainbow Dash shrugged, "Hmm...they even got somepony else to join in on the prank", she mumbled.

Steadily, she went past the paintings, trying her best to take a look at each and every one of them. The one thing that Rainbow Dash found it weird was that they all had numbers imprinted in the description plates in an ascending order. She trotted past the 356th, the 357th before she stopped right at the 358th.

Her jaw dropped as she stared wide-eyed at the last painting in the room. Right at the middle of the four corners of the wooden frame was a familiar pegasus, a very familiar pegasus. Her rainbow mane was combed to the side, giving her a very regal look; and just by looking at the painting, she could feel a sense of grandeur and responsibility at it.

Rainbow Dash leaned closer to take a better look at the description plate just to confirm her assumptions. To her utter shock, she saw the following words:

"The 358th President of the grand country of Equestria.

Miss Rainbow Dash, the 127th Pegasus to take an oath to be the President of Equestria. She, like those before her, has promised to govern all responsibilities in the great country for the good of all who live in it "

"Say what!?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"Could you please keep it down?" the maid growled yet again, clutching her broom.

Rainbow Dash quickly shut up when she saw that the maid was ready to knock her senseless if she even dared to let out a small peep. The glare from the pony was intimidating enough to make the poor pegasus shake in her hooves.

She took one last look at her supposed portrait before she swung the huge door at the end of hallway open. To her annoyance, another hallway greeted her although she felt relieved upon seeing Business Twilight impatiently tapping a pen against a notebook she was levitating.

Without any hesitation, Rainbow Dash checked for any signs of angry maids before she scooted over to Twilight's side. The whole place suddenly had an eerily familiar vibe to it, almost like she had been there before although she wasn't able to recall anything about it.

"Uh...is there something amiss, Miss President?" Business Twilight suddenly asked, arching her eyebrows at the suited mare who had her eyes fixed on the walls and ceiling of the room they were in.

" Er...yeah..." Rainbow Dash replied although she was unsure what it was, "Were we here before?" she asked bluntly.

"Is that a serious question, Miss President?" Business Twilight asked back. She was starting to get suspicious at her boss' behavior in the past few minutes but she dismissed it as lack of sleep...for now.

"As serious as me wanting to join the Wonderbolts" Rainbow Dash unconsciously answered while she racked her brains trying to figure out what place it was.

"Wonderbolts? Don't you mean The Special Winged Assault Troopers Team?" Business Twilight's suspicions rose.

"What? When did they become military?" Rainbow Dash asked, puzzled by the answer.

"They've been part of the Equestrian Military for quite some time now"

"Nopony told me that"

"I guess we do learn new things every day don't we Miss President?" Twilight let out a nervous chuckle, expecting her out-of-character boss to switch back to her normal state of mind with a simple reply.

However, her ears fell flat when she realized Rainbow Dash wasn't getting any wiser. On the contrary, it appeared as though she was more dumbstruck with every explanation she gave her and with every single thing she saw.

Business Twilight decided to give the pegasus one more chance before she would stuck to her assumption that something was definitely off with the President of Equestria. Maybe a quick press conference would do the trick. Yes, the disciplined mare had always noticed how excited the rainbow-maned mare would become whenever the attention was all on her.

"Okaaayyy...I'm starting to really freak out right now" Rainbow Dash suddenly stated, much to Twilight's surprise. The bespectacled unicorn hadn't anticipated the President to shudder in obvious, genuine fright and confusion.

"Calm down, Miss President" Twilight quickly dropped her notepad and approached the trembling mare cautiously, "Something's definitely off with her" she thought.

The self-proclaimed best flyer in Ponyville was starting to soak in some revelations herself. Everything appeared too serious and too real to be dismissed as some dream or some prank. How else could anypony explain the grouchy maid from before or even the strange stained glass paintings on the ceilings?

Without any second thought, Rainbow Dash grabbed Twilight by her collar and pulled her head close to hers until the other's breaths could be felt on their respective coats. The pegasus looked straight into the unicorn's purple eyes in an attempt to pry out any logical explanations of the situation.

Twilight, on the other hoof was completely taken by surprise by Rainbow Dash suddenly forcing her towards her face. Her face was covered in a bright red hue as she tensed up while she stared at her boss through her glasses.

"M-Miss President, w-what are you doing?" she stammered. It was becoming increasingly uneasy and embarrassing for the lavender mare, being a mere inch away from the pegasus' face.

"Where's Applejack? Pinkie Pie? Rarity? Fluttershy? Spike?" Rainbow Dash inquired forcefully, spouting all the names of her absent friends in rapid succession, "And where's Tank too?"

Twilight let out a sigh of relief and eased a bit when Rainbow Dash asked a question she wasn't expecting at all. She wiped a drop of sweat off her brow before she turned back to the President who shot her an inquisitive look.

"C-Could you let go of me, Miss President?" Business Twilight smiled nervously as she lightly held the hoof grabbing her.

"I'll let you go when you answer my question" Rainbow Dash asserted, fully intent on keeping the lavender unicorn from moving away.

"Okay...Alright..." Twilight gulped, visibly intimidated by the threat, "I don't know much about the five names but I do know that the plans for the armored vehicles are being drafted. Sorry for keeping those plans away from you. I really just wanted to impress you".

The next instant, Business Twilight placed her hooves in front of her face, expecting the President to smack the taste right of her or worse for keeping something from her but nothing happened. Carefully, she lowered her forehooves and saw the same puzzled look from before.

"Armored what?" Rainbow Dash questioned after a few seconds of silence.

"Uhh...Tanks?" Twilight replied.

"Thanks for what?"

"No, tanks!" Twilight repeated, pulling out a sketch of said machine from her notepad.

Rainbow Dash took the sketch and observed it for some time. However, she wasn't able to make heads or tails of the whole engineering crap so she merely handed it back to the unicorn.

"Yeahhhh...I've never seen those before" Rainbow Dash shrugged.

"Can I ask one question?" Business Twilight suddenly asked.

"I guess you could" Rainbow Dash answered blindly.

"You're not the real Miss President, are you?" Twilight asked point blank.

The question stopped Rainbow Dash's train of thought right in its tracks. Twilight Sparkle admitting that something was odd was the wake-up call she needed, the last number to be sure that she had the combination right. She was definitely somewhere she wasn't supposed to be.

The mare standing in front of her appeared to be all too serious for the past half an hour to be joking. And add in the weird place as well as the intimidating maid from before and she had all the cards she required to believe that everything around her was real. Wherever she was, she was the damn President and everypony else thought so too.

"Tell me" Twilight demanded. Now it was time for the lavender pony to be on the offensive. She had to be sure whether or not her boss was still there.

Rainbow Dash wrestled with her conscience. She had already accepted this was all real but she still had two choices to make. One, she continues pretending to be the President of Equestria, govern the country as best as she could and try to find a way to get back to her own world or two, she could confess who she really was to Twilight and persuade her to help her fix everything before anypony else knew.

She went for option no. 2, mainly because she felt Business Twilight probably must've had at least some experience in situations like this before. After all, any universe' Twilight must at least by proficient in magic, right?

"You're correct. You see, I'm not from around here" Rainbow Dash decided to spill the beans. She cringed a bit when she said that but she was sure that Twilight would help her.

However, as soon as she saw Business Twilight's mouth curl into an inevitable scream, she quickly reached forward. "Buck" she cursed on the inside.

"WHAAAA...mmphhh.." Twilight tried to yell in shock, only to be stopped by a cyan hoof muffling her.

"Jeez, calm down for Celestia's sake" Rainbow Dash groaned as she kept her hooves on the unicorn's mouth although taking care not to hurt her "friend".

What puzzled Rainbow Dash though was that this Twilight was much weaker than hers. Princess Twilight Sparkle would've easily levitated her away but Business Twilight didn't even try to push her away. Either that or President Dash must've really worked out a lot.

"Quit wriggling, will ya?" Rainbow Dash said, annoyed at the lavender mare's futile attempts at escaping her hold, "You're done trying to escape, right?" she asked, loosening her grip.

Twilight was all too happy to be released from the hold and she almost immediately stepped away from Rainbow Dash. Yep! This was definitely not the Rainbow Dash she used to know.

"Where are you from?" Twilight finally asked after she regained her composure.

"Equestria" Rainbow Dash replied bluntly before she corrected herself, "Not this Equestria though. In our world, I'm not a freaking President and we're friends".

"We're friends?" Business Twilight really found that hard to believe despite the fact that this wasn't President Dash she was talking to.

"Yeah! And those guys I asked you about? They're part of our little circle of friendship" Rainbow Dash gave Twilight a smile.

"Say what? You're friends with the traitor Fluttershy?!" Business Twilight eyes widened at the reply.

"Fluttershy's a what? You can't be serious" Rainbow Dash returned an equally shocked expression.

"She left Equestria and joined the other species due to conflicting views" Twilight explained, a hint of anger could be felt in her voice.

"What conflict?" Rainbow Dash asked again. She was at odds with her foalhood friend in this world?

"Err...I'll explain later" Twilight replied, "And as for Rarity, she must be that famed designer in Ponyville although I've never seen you meet her before".

"Well, at least that means she's probably still the same" Rainbow Dash heaved a sigh of relief upon knowing that there was a chance that she could visit her friend later, "What about Applejack?"

"Applej...she's part of the Apple Family or maybe the Pie Family, right?" Twilight asked.

"The Apple Family. What about it?"

"Well, if she's part of the Apple Family then she's probably at the Eastern Battlefield as per your orders for all mares of the Apple and Pie Family to supply food and water to the soldiers in the zone", Twilight replied indifferently.

"BATTLEFIELD?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, "Get them back here in ten seconds flat. That's no place for ponies like them", she said, suddenly finding new found concern for Applejack and Pinkie Pie, "They're still okay, right?"

"Umm...there hasn't been any reports of casualties from our side..." Twilight said.

"That's a relief"

"..yet" Twilight added, picking her pen and notepad up.

"Wow! Just wow!" Rainbow Dash let out a nervous chuckle as she facehoofed herself.

"What's the matter?" Twilight asked.

"Letting Fluttershy go, not even meeting Rarity, and sending two of my friends to the worst place in Equestria? I did all that?"

"Yes, yes you did"

"I...am such...a jerk!" Rainbow Dash shouted, shaking her hooves in anger.

"Welcome to the club" Twilight smirked before she placed a reassuring hoof on the pegasus, "Come on, Dashie. We've a press conference to attend to".

"What the hay am I gonna say? I'm not a President" Rainbow Dash sighed.

"Leave it all to me. Just trust me" Twilight assured her as she walked by her side, "After all, that's what we do in your world, right?"

"Heh...I guess so" Rainbow Dash replied with a chuckle.


Meanwhile, some dimensions far away

"Release me, Secretary! I demand to be set free!" A cyan pegasus yelled aloud.

Princess Twilight Sparkle just let out a sigh as she continued to restrain the flailing mare in place on her bed. She didn't know why but Rainbow Dash had acted rather strangely ever since she woke up.

She had volunteered to wake up Rainbow Dash so as to remind her of her meeting with the Wonderbolts later in the day. Especially considering that the pegasus had spent hours practicing nonstop, she was sure that her friend would definitely oversleep.

However, Princess Twilight didn't expect to see a paranoid mare when she opened the door to Rainbow Dash's chamber. To her surprise, said mare was yelling all kinds of obscenities at her as well as trying to throw some of her furniture out of the windows, more specifically, her life-size Wonderbolt action figures.

That was enough for the Princess of Friendship to bind Rainbow Dash down with her magic before she could do any more damage to her room.

"What in Equestria is wrong with you, Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked, careful not to hurt her friend.

"What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" Rainbow Dash retorted, "And who the hay gave you permission to grow wings? What'd you think you are? Some unicorn-pegasus hybrid?"

"Alicorn" Twilight corrected her, "And I didn't grow them, Princess Celestia gave them to me", she explained calmly.

"Celestia? What do you take me for? A mere simpleton?" Rainbow Dash looked like she was deeply offended by the assumption that Twilight was making fun of her, "I'll have you know that I majored in Equestrian History and Political Science and there's absolutely no instances of any "Princess Celestia"s".

"There's definitely something off inside that little brain of yours" Princess Twilight concluded before she turned her attention to some sounds coming from the hallway behind her, probably belonging to Spike.

"That's it! No pay for a week! I should write a bill about sacking insubordinate workers like you" Rainbow Dash ranted, "But who am I kidding? Unicorns like you have never been competent in your jobs. Always snotty and full of yourselves".

Twilight twitched at the last remark. She was pissed by what Rainbow Dash said. Mainly because one, she never expected her friend to say that and two, it sounded vaguely racial, something that she absolutely hated.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that" Twilight forced a smile.

"Hey Twilight! What's taking you so long? The others are waiting for you" a voice behind the alicorn said.

"Spike!" Twilight quickly spun around to face her assistant, "I was going to join you guys but I've run into a snag heheh", she gave the dragon a sheepish laugh.

"What snag?" Spike asked before he noticed Rainbow Dash being restrained on her bed, "And why's Rainbow Dash tied up with magic?"

Before Princess Twilight could answer, another angered shout came from the mouth of the tied-up pegasus.

"A DRAGON!? YOU"RE WORKING WITH A FILTHY REPTILE!?" Rainbow Dash yelled at the top of her lungs, "YOU BETTER NOT DARE TO REPEAT WHAT YOUR PREDECESSOR FLUTTERSHY DID!"

"Filthy?" Spike gave a puzzled look, sniffing the undersides of his arm, "I just showered an hour ago".

"I HATE YOU, TRECHEROUS BEAST! I WI...mmph!" Rainbow Dash tried to add some more insults before a levitated towel covered her mouth.

"Twilight?"

"Yeah?"

"She's finally snapped, right?"

Twilight pondered an answer. She kept her gaze fixed on the mare restrained by her magic. She could see a wild look on her face as well as a murderous desire in her eyes. One could definitely assume that the pegasus had gone insane.

"I guess you're right" Twilight sighed.