• Published 9th Apr 2015
  • 1,254 Views, 17 Comments

Miss President...Rainbow Dash? - AzelTheMantis



Rainbow Dash wakes up in an alternate universe where Princess Celestia doesn't exist and she's the current president of Equestria.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,254

Chapter 1

Princess Luna sighed as she stood on the balcony of a tower in her sister's castle. The serene sight of the moon and the beautiful manner in which it shone amongst the stars in the pitch black sky was one scene that even her sister wouldn't have been able to conjure. From her place, she could see her loyal subjects moving about in the distance, some discussing how bright the moon was that night. She could feel the younger ones dreaming about their fantasies, hopes and desires, not a single nightmare in sight. She was indeed indebted to the Elements of Harmony for bringing her back from the dark side and to her sister for showing her how much the night really meant to the ponies.

Her thoughts moved to what life would have been if her sister, Twilight and her friends hadn't been there for her. She probably would have destroyed the whole of Equestria due to the infinite reign of darkness. On the other hoof, it would've meant that Discord would still be running rampant, spreading chaos wherever direction he faced until the whole world drowned in the madness that would've ensued. All in all, she was glad that everything had worked out the way it did. She prepared to add more stars in the sky...only to be stopped by an intruding snore.

Luna groaned as she saw her sleeping sister, sitting on a chair inside the tower. She was a bit ticked off that Celestia had missed the raising of the moon but she couldn't blame her though. She had been more drained and tired than anypony else after the Tirek crisis they faced just a few days. Still, she found it odd that Celestia was able to sleep through the entire process.

"Come on, dear sister...time for bed" Luna let out a giggle as she levitated her slightly drooling elder sister to her chambers.


Some few miles away, there was another group of ponies who were already snuggled in their beds as well. Twilight Sparkle's castle shone elegantly against the beams of moonlight while the six residents comfortably drifted off to dreamland in their respective chambers. They had quite the task helping ponies all around the world rediscover their magic but it was worth it, although a bit too tiring for their liking but worthwhile nonetheless.

Rainbow Dash, the bearer of the Element of Loyalty had been asleep for a good two hours, one hour earlier than the others due to an early appointment she had with the residents of Cloudsdale the next morning. She had been looking forward to it the whole day, especially since she heard that the Wonderbolts had taken a day off which meant that there was a high possibility that she would be meeting them.

"...Spin...cycle 360...awesome..." she muttered in her sleep, dreaming about the almost inevitable event.

It seemed as though everything was going to go according to plan for the cyan pegasus. But sometimes, things take an unexpected turn when we least thought it would.


A stray, bright ray of light penetrated the glass window at the side of Rainbow Dash's chamber, reaching the closed eyes of the pegasus. She twitched her eyes in response to the gleaming light before she pulled a blanket over her head. She was half-awake by then and was not all too pleased by the rude awakening, although it was naturally unintentional by any means.

"Stupid sun..." she groaned, annoyed at being awakened so early in the morning. Normally, the sun wouldn't have risen for another half an hour but the earlier timing really pissed her off. She wanted to sleep some more. Who would want to look like a sleepy slouch on a meeting with their idols?

While the rainbow-maned pegasus attempted to catch some "Z"s again, a familiar lavender pony opened the door and trotted in, obviously in a hurry. Twilight stopped though, staring at the sleeping mare with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhh...Rainbow Dash, you're gonna be late" she told her friend, turning on an alarm placed near the grand bed. An annoying beeping followed, reaching the ears of Rainbow Dash almost immediately.

"Jeez! Twilight! Just let me get some sleep..." Rainbow Dash yelled beneath the bed sheets while holding two pillows to her ears, "And why'd you keep an alarm? You do know I always turn them off when I go to bed" she added, tightening her grip on the pillows and trying her best to tune out the god-awful beeping.

Twilight raised her eyebrow in surprise yet again. Rainbow Dash was usually so energetic in the morning but then again, she hadn't known everything about the pegasus so she came to a conclusion that she probably caught her in one of her crankier awakenings.

"And what's with that..." Rainbow Dash sniffed the air, "...girly, rose smell? Did you let Rarity or Fluttershy inside while I was asleep?" she asked again.

"Rarity? Fluttershy?...err, nope", Twilight merely replied, puzzled by the question, "You ordered the flowers yourself yesterday, remember?" she asked back, turning off the alarm much to Rainbow Dash's relief.

"I've no idea what you're talking about" Rainbow Dash let out a sigh of satisfaction. "[i}Peace and quiet again", she thought.

"Okay, Miss. Enough of the small talk. You need to get ready for your big day", Twilight told her before she headed towards the door. She readied herself to leave the chamber, but not before shooting one last inquisitive glance at the pegasus. A soft creaking of the door followed her exit.

"Finally..." Rainbow Dash cooed.

However, before she could fall asleep, an extremely bright flash of light hit her right in the eyes. She flailed wildly before her hooves eventually got tangled in her blanket, causing her to spill to the floor.

"Who the hay put this mirror here?" she groaned as she saw the source of the blinding reflection.

She slowly picked herself up before she stretched her wings and hooves while yawning. The bright light made it feel like it was noon so she figured it would be better to wake up than to be rudely awakened again. A few basic exercises were all it took to fully awaken her senses. After all, it was indeed her big day and she wasn't gonna end up looking like a slouch.

She rubbed her eyes to clear her sight. She grabbed her fallen blanket and casually placed in on her bed before she sat on it. A smile broke on her face as she vaguely recalled her dream. Flying around with the Wonderbolts and meeting other great flyers in Equestria before they raced with her to someplace she couldn't remember. It was a good dream.

She stepped down to the floor again only this time, she felt a furry coat beneath her hooves. She tensed up slightly at the fear of accidentally having stepped on one of her friends' pets but then again, no sound or squeak or hoot came from below.

"When did I get a furry carpet?" she asked herself as she bent down to take a closer look, "Heh...this feels like real fur" she chuckled, tracing her hooves to the side of the carpet, "I would've totally believed this was manticore if I had seen its..." she instantly froze in place when her hooves touch a bulky extension at the other end of her head, "...head?"

She quickly backed away when she saw a large feline face look back at her with its mouth wide open, giving the illusion that it was about to devour her in one go. Yup! It was a definite, dead manticore placed rather inappropriately below her bed.

"Okay...w-who did this!?" she yelled, trying to avoid making eye contact with the dead beast.

Her eyes widened in shock yet again as she took a better look at her surroundings. The chamber was much, much larger that it was supposed to be. Not to mention that almost nothing felt familiar to her. The bouquets of roses, the out-of-place mirror, the multi-colored skylight and the manticore carpet. Wherever she was, she was definitely not inside their castle.

"Haha! Good job! Pinkie, Rarity or whatever. You really got me" she chuckled nervously, anticipating a return laughter from her friends. But nothing answered her, "Umm...guys?" she searched "her" chamber for any signs of her friends.

She checked the closet, the bathroom and even under her bed but still, no sign of her friends. She contemplated just flying the hell out of the place but then, she realized something. There was one pony she had forgotten about.

"TWILIGHT! GET IN HERE!" she shouted at the top of her lungs. Silence followed for a good three seconds before she heard a sound.

To her relief, she heard the clopping of hooves just outside the door as it moved closer and closer before the doors swung open to reveal her lavender friend, although she had her hair tied up in a bun and she wore some kind of corny business clothes. But to Rainbow Dash, it didn't matter though. Even Business Twilight Sparkle was a welcome sight.

"What is it, Miss? You called for me?" Twilight asked before she took in a deep breath.

"Miss?" Rainbow Dash arched her eyebrow, "Whatever...Thank Celestia, you're here", she smiled.

She expected her friend to at least respond with a warm smile or something but she only got a puzzled response from the mare. It was a tad bit strange that Twilight acted like she had said something offensive or utterly weird.

"What? Did I say something?" Rainbow Dash quickly asked.

"Who's Celestia?" Twilight asked back.

"Who's Celestia? What do you mean "Who's Celestia?"?" Rainbow Dash raised her voice a little.

Much to her surprise, Twilight shuddered and gulped after she said that. A drop of sweat dripped down the suddenly tense mare's brow as she turned her head to the ground, not even daring to look at her straight in the eye.

"Sorry for that question. I wasn't supposed to do that" Twilight bowed low.

"Say what? Whoa...you're apologizing? What am I? Your boss?"

"I guess you could say that"

"Hey! Is there a bet I forgot about that you lost?"

"I'm not so sure either" Twilight forced a smile, "Anyway, what did you call me for?" she asked.

"Oh, right! Where'd all my stuff go?" Rainbow Dash asked. Somehow, she noticed Twilight calming down a bit after the subject was changed.

"About that...We renovated your chamber last night while you were asleep", Twilight replied proudly, sporting a genuine smile this time, "I take everything is suited to your satisfaction?"

"I guess it is..." Rainbow Dash looked around. Everything really was placed conveniently. A separate bathroom just a few feet away, a licorice dispenser and some hoops hanging high above the strangely tall room for aerial practice. "Although the roses and the mirror are unnecessary", she added, "And get rid of the manticore too".

"Okay" Twilight said happily, "If that is all, I'll be taking your leave now. Oh, you better freshen up and suit yourself quick, Miss President. You've got a press conference in thirty minutes", the lavender pony added before she left the chamber.

"Tsk! Poor Twilight..." Rainbow Dash mused as she watched the door slam shut, "When will she ever beat me in a bet?" she chuckled before she suddenly realized something.


Just a few distance away, a maid carefully dusted a bust in the hallway before a scream echoed throughout the place.

"MISS PRESIDENT!?" a muffled voice from behind the door yelled.

"This is why I hate Mondays..." the maid muttered, moving on to another bust.