• Published 8th Apr 2015
  • 890 Views, 19 Comments

Constant: Time Guardian - TimeSpawn



A Doctor Who/My Little Pony Crossover. When a lone Time Lord finds himself trapped in the MLP universe, he aims to find a way back to his own. However, his personal rules to preserve time and limit contact with other beings will make it difficult..

  • ...
12
 19
 890

15: He's Here, Too?!/The First Real Mission

Constant checked the probe records to see where and when the Doctor had traveled in Equestria. So far, none of his findings revealed any major changes, but even then, since the Doctor had arrived first, there was no way to tell if the events Constant was watching were the original events, or if they were completely new as a result of the Doctor's actions to play hero. Constant was so busy worrying about this possibility and the consequences if it was true, that he did not see Jethrek coming in to the main control room. Once again, he saw the cold expression on Constant's face through the holographic interface projections. He wanted to say something to Constant, but did not dare to, in fear of Constant lashing out at him. He heard a console beeping behind him and looked to see the screen displaying a schematic layout of the Doctor's TARDIS, which changed every so often to show how it had changed over the time the Doctor had used it. It stopped changing when it reached the latest data, going up only to it's design during the Time War. Jethrek moved to the console...

"Leave it!" Constant snapped, looking up to Jethrek.

Jethrek was startled for that moment. He looked to Constant. "Do you wish for me to assist you?" he asked cautiously.

"No," Constant said coldly, "I can deal with this myself." He went silent as he continued to work.

For once, Jethrek had to admit to himself that he was afraid. While he hated and feared the Doctor like every other Dalek, he now saw a more legitimate reason to fear Constant. He backed away from the console and stopped about a meter away from it. He was thinking of leaving the control room until he heard Constant muttering. Approaching him slowly, he was able to distinguish a few words... "escape", "coward", and "warrior". The word "warrior" was the clearest that Jethrek could comprehend, as it was the last word Constant spoke under his breath, and Jethrek was close enough to hear it. He finally spoke up. "Who is the warrior you speak of?"

Constant mistyped a key after hearing that question, and an error message appeared on the holographic display in front of him. He sighed with a tight mouth and his eyes closed. He was resisting the urge to yell at Jethrek. He opened his eyes and looked to him. "The very person who you hate and fear most, Jethrek. The Time Lord who was always in the way of the Daleks whenever their greatest victories were at hand."

It all made sense to Jethrek now. "So you have confirmed it?!" he exclaimed, "The Doctor is here?!"

"Yes," Constant replied.

"But why do you call him a 'warrior'?" Jethrek asked.

Constant paused for a few moments, then saved his work and turned off the holographic displays before standing up. He paced for a few moments and then looked to Jethrek again. "I'm not sure if you are aware, Jethrek," he said, "but he was on Gallifrey during the Time War. I was able to confirm it after I analyzed the signals which the Monitor recorded before Gallifrey was wiped out of existence, destroying your fleet. People kept referring to someone who called himself the 'Warrior'. Furthermore, the Council referred to a weapon that could wipe out a galaxy."

Jethrek backed up, startled once again. "And this weapon was what destroyed Gallifrey and the Dalek fleet?!"

"Exactly," Constant confirmed, "But note that I was not aware of any of this until the war was over and I had started my own personal journey. To continue on, when I watched the visual records, I saw the Warrior's own TARDIS leaving the area...vanishing a few seconds before the final explosion occurred." Jethrek was speechless. "It was a cowardly move he made, using that weapon to wipe out both Gallifrey and the Dalek fleet." Constant stood up and banged his hand on the console as he looked to Jethrek again. "There were millions of people on Gallifrey who did nothing to deserve what the Doctor did to them! But he did it anyway, and for what?! To wipe your people out, that's what! Tell me Jethrek, is this the kind of action you would take?!"

Jethrek was silent, still taking in what Constant was saying.

"ANSWER ME!" Constant yelled.

"NO!" Jethrek replied, backing up until he hit a wall behind him. His arms and eye stalk were trembling as he spoke. "One of the primary objectives that all Daleks share is to ensure that the race survives! I would end my own life before considering such actions! And if I was found to be taking such actions as the Doctor has taken, I would be exterminated at once!"

"AND RIGHTLY SO!" Constant yelled again. He panted for a few moments, and then took one last breath to calm down. "If you think your hate of the Warrior is greater than anyone else's, you're wrong. I hate him to the point that I want to humiliate him for all the damage he did. I hate him a thousand times more than I hate you."

Jethrek stopped trembling at that moment. "I request permission to help you exterminate---"

"No," Constant interrupted, "Listen carefully, Jethrek. I don't want him to die. I want him to feel pain. If he even has one bit of regret about what he did, I want to expand it so much that he has to live with it for the rest of his lives!"

"How is that better than exterminating him?" Jethrek asked.

"Because if he dies, he can't feel that pain," Constant replied.

Jethrek paused to take in what Constant had said. "Why have you not already done this in our universe?"

"I've tried to find him," Constant replied, "I've tried following his trail for a few years, but he's always managed to escape."

"Perhaps you have not tried hard enough," Jethrek said.

"Don't start with me on that, Jethrek!" Constant snapped, "You know what I ended up having to do every time he went on his little hero missions? Pick up the pieces and record all of his actions as part of history, rather than correct them. You can't tell the Warrior not to do what he does and expect him to comply. He travels his own path. Furthermore..." Constant sighed..."Furthermore...it seems that time allows him to do what he does. After running a variety of simulations, I found that interfering with him would end up with universe-ending results and paradoxes the likes of which would be irreparable unless by undoing my own immediate change."

Jethrek rolled up closer to Constant. "Are you certain that all the simulations you ran are accurate?"

"Yes I am, Jethrek," Constant replied, "I never lie when it comes to temporal mechanics."

Jethrek looked down. "Then what must we do?"

"'We'?" Constant asked, incredulously, "Jethrek, let's get one last thing straight, the Warrior is mine! I will personally deal with him. Myself. Do you understand me?"

Jethrek, who had looked Constant in the face through all that, backed up once more. "I...understand," he replied.

"Good," Constant said, "Now go back to the lab and watch the probe logs."

Jethrek left the control room and went to do as he was told. On the way, however, he looked back to the control room. Something did not seem right about Constant. Earlier, he was calmer, and more open-minded. Now, it seemed that his hatred of the Doctor was clouding his judgement. Jethrek went quickly to the lab after pondering all this. When he got there, he closed the door behind him as quickly as he could. "Activate voice interface," he said.

A holographic image of Constant appeared in front of him "Voice interface activated. Limited access."

Jethrek faced the hologram. "At my access level, can I record a personal log?"

"Affirmative," the hologram replied, "That function is not restricted at your access level."

"Then start a log and deactivate voice interface," Jethrek said. The hologram disappeared and Jethrek started his log. "Dalek...Jethrek personal log, entry one. Constant's actions are beginning to...concern me. I have heard reports about the psychological effects on Time Lords when a struggle for power is at hand, or in that same instance, a hatred toward an individual or group. I believe that Constant is about to become a victim of said psychological effects. For further information, reference the following individuals: Rassilon, Time Lord council leader, and the Master. If the psychological condition continues to develop, Constant may be a danger to the equinoid population of Earth in this universe, to me, and to himself. While my concern for other races is usually null, if this happens, the chances of either or both of us returning to our universe will be...minimal. Therefore, I must assure myself that he will not develop this condition...by any means necessary. Stop recording and save log entry."


Somewhere in the residential area, the Doctor took a peek out of his TARDIS. Earlier, he had detected signs of temporal activity himself, and was eager to find out what was going on. As he slowly waved his "timey-wimey detector", it beeped in ways he never thought possible. He walked out of his TARDIS, his hooves clopping lightly on the grass under him. He was about to reach the gate to leave the backyard where he was parked when a hoof touched him.

"Going somewhere, Doctor?" his companion asked.

"Uhm...yes, actually," the Doctor replied, "My timey-wimey detector is picking up readings of a type that I've never seen before. I think it best to find out what it is before it starts trouble."

The Doctor's companion looked worried for a moment, then she remembered how many situations they have been through and survived. "Okay, but Doctor, be careful. Please?"

"I will," the Doctor replied, "I promise," and with that, he walked out the gate, being as stealthy as possible to search for what his device was picking up.


Constant walked into the lab, startling Jethrek. He looked to Jethrek. "What?" he asked.

"No---nothing," Jethrek replied, a bit nervous.

"Uh-huh," Constant said, taking note that Jethrek did appear scared about something. "Ok, Jethrek look, I need you to pull up the duplicated record files and make sure that they don't differ too much from the actual data we have."

"Why?" Jethrek asked.

"I need to make absolutely certain that no critical events were affected by the Warrior's actions," Constant replied.

"I understand," Jethrek replied. He went to a console and did as he was told.

Constant pulled the original files on another console to compare with the duplicates. He squinted his eyes to make sure he was seeing clearly. "Dash it all," Constant thought to himself, "I haven't slept since I was knocked out by Big Macintosh at Sweet Apple Acres, but with all this going on..I'm not certain I'll even have a chance to sleep...especially with Jethrek in the Monitor. Maybe I should---" Constant's thoughts were interrupted when the console he was working with started beeping. He looked up to the screen to see a time coordinate indicator blinking red, followed by red streaks "growing" out of it forward in relation to the flow of time.

"Constant!" Jethrek exclaimed, "I just cross-referenced the two probe files. Comparing them with current temporal sensor data---"

"Yes, Jethrek, I know!" Constant said, "It's finally happened! Someone went back in time and changed a critical event!"

Jethrek checked the records again. "The changes are progressing quickly. I estimate it will take 15.3 kilorels for all changes to reach the present."

"So about five hours and twenty minutes in Earth time," Constant said, calculating time conversion in his head..."That amount of time may decrease suddenly...we'd better hurry up." He made sure that all unaltered data was saved so they would know what was supposed to happen before the changes were made. "Okay, Jethrek, let's see if we can pinpoint where the change started. If we don't get to it soon, I just hope there aren't any reapers indigenous to this universe."

"Reapers?" Jethrek asked.

"I'll explain that later," Constant replied, "Just keep searching for the break point."


Maud Pie had come back to Ponyville from a quick trip back to the rock farm to erase the entries she had written about the Monitor. As much as she wanted to keep the information, she knew that it would be dangerous to do so, given the situation. She was walking to the library when she saw a light brown furred stallion with darker mane and tail and an hourglass cutie mark fiddling with a strange gadget in his hooves. Pondering what she was seeing, she recalled everything that Constant had explained at the meeting in Sweet Apple Acres. "Wait a minute," she thought to herself, "If we're the only ones who know about him and his situation...then what is he doing there?" She approached the library cautiously and kept an eye on the stallion, listening carefully in case he was muttering. Hearing nothing, she entered the library.

Pinkie Pie was reading a randomly-selected book while she was waiting for Maud, and leaped out of her seat to her. "HEY SIS! How's it going?"

Maud looked to her over-excited sister. "Well, I came here to find books on geology, and...uh..." she ducked behind the table, pulling Pinkie with her and whispered, "There's a stallion out there looking at Constant's vehicle."

"Huh?" Pinkie whispered back.

"I think he knows something is up," Maud went on, "He's fiddling with something in his hooves."

Pinkie peeked up toward a window and saw him. "Who is he?"

"I don't know," Maud said as the stallion moved to another position close to the Monitor. "But if he finds out about Constant's situation, we're all in trouble..."

Twilight walked downstairs to put a book away. "Psst! Twilight!" Pinkie whispered, "Down here!"

Twilight jumped from her position on the stairs to where Maud and Pinkie were ducked. "What's wrong?" Twilight asked.

"There's somepony outside looking at Constant's ship!" Pinkie whispered.

"He was fiddling with something in his hooves," Maud added, "I don't know what it could be, but I can only guess that whoever it is found something out and is trying to collect data."

"That's...not good," Twilight said..."If it reaches the press,...I don't even want to think about the consequences right now."

Before Pinkie or Maud could say anything, there was a flash of light near them. When they looked in the direction of the flash, they saw Constant in his disguise, only he was glowing, and transparent. "Are you seeing me?" he asked, looking around, "Twilight? Spike?"

"I'm over here, Constant," Twilight whispered, "Spike's taking a nap. What brings you to the Library?"

"I'm not actually there," Constant replied, "What you are seeing is an isomorphic projection. I'm using it to communicate with you...I see Pinkie and Maud Pie are there too."

Maud stood up and whispered, "Constant, I think somepony's on to you. He's outside your ship with some kind of gadget in his hooves."

"What?" Constant asked..."Jethrek, give me an external view."

"Affirmative," they heard Jethrek reply.

They saw Constant look toward something as the projection flickered momentarily. "I see him...He's got an hourglass cutie mark." An isomorphic image of said stallion appeared next to Constant's. "Is that the stallion you saw?"

"That's him," Maud said.

Constant looked to the viewscreen again, "Jethrek, scan the device he's holding."

"Scanning," Jethrek replied. A few seconds passed. "The device is composed of materials found on Gallifrey."

They saw Constant turn his head quickly as the image of the hourglass-marked stallion disappeared. "What?! Scan it again."

A few more seconds passed. "Same results," Jethrek confirmed.

Constant looked back in the direction of the viewscreen, his face turning cold. "It's him."

The three mares looked at Constant's projection. "Who?" Twilight asked.

"The...Doctor," Constant replied, his expression no longer cold, but rather a little concerned, "Listen, I'll deal with him. Don't try to interact with him."

"Why not?" Maud asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Wherever he goes, danger always follows," Constant stated, "and I don't want any of you to get caught in the middle of it."

The three mares looked at each other, confused and curious. "Uh...Are you sure?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Yes, I am sure," Constant replied, "I've watched him enough times to know it. Just sit tight. Besides which, somepony...or someone, I'm not sure which it is, has altered the timeline, and the change will reach the present in...." he checked the viewscreens..."about four hours."

"WHAT?!" Twilight exclaimed.

"We're just finishing the final preparations to depart," Constant said.

"How will we know if there is a change?" Twilight asked.

Constant paused. Even he didn't have all the information he needed to answer that question. "You may or may not," he replied, "Somewhere within those four hours, a change may occur ahead of time, changing you in the process, so you may not even be aware that a change has occurred. However, if it is not the case you'll probably see something change in the blink of an eye..."

"Okay," Maud said, "We'll still keep an eye out."

"That's all I ask," Constant said, "Hopefully by the time you notice the change, it will be gone within minutes, or even seconds."

"So it'll be a very quick game of 'Spot the Difference', then," Pinkie said.

Constant looked to Pinkie. "Yes...in a sense."

"But not the fun type," Pinkie added, with a slight smirk of disappointment.

"You should hear my ship landing here when I return, assuming you're even here to hear it," Constant said, "But for now, wish me luck." His projection disappeared from view.


Inside the Monitor, Constant went to the doors to the outside and pulled them outward. "That should catch his attention," he said.

"For what purpose?" Jethrek asked.

"You'll see," Constant said, "This will be quick. Is he walking in the direction of the doors?"

"He's in front of them now," Jethrek replied.

"Good," Constant replied. He watched the viewscreen until the Doctor got close enough, then he let go of the doors and let them open slightly. When he saw the Doctor, he just stood there for about five seconds. "So it's true...you ARE here," Constant said, "I just wanted to make sure it was true."

The Doctor, who had dropped his scanning device, stood on all four hooves looking at Constant in confusion. "What?" he asked quietly.

"Yes," Constant said, "I know it's you."

"Who...are you?" the Doctor asked.

"We can discuss that later," Constant replied, "right now, I have more pressing matters to attend to. Don't follow me. When I'm done, I'll send a signal to your TARDIS."

The Doctor looked at Constant very carefully. "It can't be!" he whispered, "You're a---"

"Yes," Constant replied, "I am. You aren't the only survivor...Warrior."

The Doctor opened his mouth to speak, but stopped about half a second into starting when he took in what Constant had said. "How do you---"

"We'll discuss it later," Constant repeated, "Go back to your TARDIS and stay put, unless you have some adventure to go on." With that, Constant closed the doors, and they moved forward into place.

The Doctor just stood in front of the Monitor, astonished by what he had heard. At the moment, three things had surprised him about Constant:

1: Constant knew who he was, and not only as the Doctor.

2: He somehow survived the war.
and 3: He was still in his humanoid form.

After a few moments of pondering this in his mind, the Doctor turned and walked back toward his companion's home.

Back inside the Monitor, Constant compared the records of the time zone where the change had taken place. He found that it had occurred when two Allicorns, namely Princesses Celestia and Luna, first trapped a mysterious creature named Discord in stone for his evil deeds. But before he was actually trapped, he was spreading some kind of seed over the fields where he was trapped. After that, nothing was supposed to happen with Discord until some time after the return of Nightmare Moon, who Constant took note was Princess Luna.

However, in the altered timeline, it seemed that sometime after Princesses Celestia and Luna left Discord where they trapped him, an extra seed appeared out of nowhere in the dirt and started sprouting early. Within half an hour, the vines growing from it had reached other seeds, accelerating their growth process. Constant continued to watch the visual record until it was completely obstructed by one of the vines, which had apparently found the probe and grabbed it. Fifteen seconds later, a creaking and groaning sound was heard, which was an indication that the probe was crushed, and Constant could only guess that because the screen he was using showed nothing but static at that moment. He looked to Jethrek. "You saw what happened, I assume?"

"Affirmative," Jethrek said.

"Our first mission," Constant said, "Let's hope it all works out. Calculate the position of that seed, Jethrek."

"Affirmative," Jethrek said, working on the control panel. "Will you need me to follow you outside the Monitor to extract the seed?"

Constant thought about Jethrek's question. This first mission would have been the opportunity he needed to see how Jethrek would cooperate with him while they were still trapped in this universe. "Though I'm still a bit skeptical, Jethrek," he replied, "I think having an extra set of hands, so to speak anyway, would be beneficial."

"Then I will need a perception filtering device of my own," Jethrek said, still working with the console.

"I agree," Constant replied, "We're both going to have to blend in somehow if we're going to keep ourselves out of the history books."

Jethrek looked back at the screen over his console. "Coordinates calculated," he said, "I am sending them to your console now."

The console Constant was working with displayed the location of the seed on a map, which he zoomed into so he could make an immediate plan. "This feels too easy," he said, pulling out his laser screwdriver and adjusting it, "and from my experience, that is never a good sign."

Jethrek turned his eye stalk to Constant. "Why does it feel too easy?" he asked.

"It seems that all we're doing is extracting a seed that should never have been there in the first place," Constant replied, "Have you ever felt that you were being tested somehow?"

Jethek turned his travel machine to completely face Constant. "I understand what you are saying. I have felt that way in eighteen different skirmishes."

"Then be prepared for anything, Jethrek," Constant said, "I plan for us to be there a few minutes before that seed appears."

Jethrek could immediately see the logic in Constant's plan: wait a few minutes before the seed appears in the area, and then use whatever method necessary to extract it. "You should have prepared a weapon for me earlier," he said.

"I know, Jethrek, I know," Constant sighed, "I'll tell you what, I'll start working on it once we return here and now."

"Very well," Jethrek said.

"I've set the spatial and temporal coordinates," Constant said, "Confirm?"

"Coordinates received by the computer," Jethrek replied.

"Okay," Constant said, "Let's move!" He pressed the execute button on the navigation panel, and the Monitor's spatial and temporal drives hummed to life.


Outside, the Doctor watched as the extraneous branch on Golden Oaks Library disappeared. It was a quick and swift phase out of the area, and he was surprised to see how well it shifted. "Whoever he is, he's doing a better job taking care of his TARDIS than I am," he muttered to himself. He paused for about ten seconds. "So I guess I am not the only survivor after all...but how did he escape? And who is he? The Master?...No, that's ridiculous...The Master wouldn't have shown his face and said we would...discuss something later the way he did." He thought back to that moment. "Although he was angry...and he somehow knows that I relinquished my identity as the Doctor when I fought in the Time War..."

"But wait a minute!" he thought to himself, thinking again about the face he saw, "How did he manage to keep his humanoid form when he came to this universe?...And his TARDIS...It definitely was a TARDIS, but it's not like anything on record..."

He kept asking himself questions about the new situation he was about to face, and the mysterious Time Lord who was at the center of it, as he walked back toward his companion's house, making sure nobody had seen what had transpired earlier.


The ride to the target time was going smoothly compared to when Constant was on his probe-spreading mission. He watched the navigation console carefully as Jethrek watched the Monitor's status console. "We have just passed the paradox wave," Jethrek reported after a slight tremor.

"Any sign that the paradox affected us?" Constant asked.

"Negative," Jethrek replied after a quick check, "Activating perception filter." When it turned on, Jethrek looked like a burgundy-colored stallion with a light brown mane and light blue eyes.

"Good," Constant said, taking out his laser screwdriver and adjusting it, "Let's make this as quick, but as efficient as possible."

"Agreed," Jethrek said, his voice sounding natural.

A few minutes later, Constant had prepared all the equipment he would need for extracting the seed from the dirt. He turned on his perception filter. Jethrek was at the navigation console watching their course. "Approaching target time and location in ten rels!" he announced, "Nine...eight...seven..."

Constant made one last check on his sonic and laser screwdrivers as he approached the main door.

"Four...Three...Two...One..." Jethreks countdown ended as the Monitor landed at it's destination with a slight vibration. "We have arrived at the target location!"

Constant pulled the doors open, and rushed out when they had opened enough. He turned on his radio. "Link with Probe Six, Jethrek. It's the one which recorded the paradox event."

"Stand by..." Jethrek replied. "Link established. The probe is now recording your presence in the area."

"Okay, now, have the computer cross-reference the data we have with the probe's input." Constant got out his laser screwdriver and a small shovel from his pack.

"Affirmative," Jethrek replied. After a few minutes, he was able to get the information he knew Constant would want. "The seed will appear three meters ahead of you in your current facing direction."

Constant walked in the direction Jethrek told him to go. "How long before the seed comes?"

"Fifty rels," Jethrek replied, "running" out of the Monitor to assist if Constant needed him to.

Constant got ready to dig. "How far do I have to dig?"

"Half a meter," Jethrek replied, "You must hurry! Thirty-eight rels remaining!"

Constant could not argue with that. He started digging quicker than he had when he extracted and replaced the probe at Sweet Apple Acres. "How far am I from the seed's location?" he asked.

"You are about one centimeter away," Jethrek replied, "Five rels remaining! Four! Three! Two! One!"

Constant had dug enough to get to the seed, and just in time, as the seed appeared, as if by magic, right in front of him. He grabbed it. "I've got it, Jethrek!" He kept it in his hand as he grabbed a transparent canister from his bag and opened it. He then noticed that the seed went dark for a moment. That worried him. He stuck it in the canister at once and put it in his bag, giving it to Jethrek. "Bring it back inside!"

"Understood!" Jethrek replied. He "ran" back to the Monitor with the bag as Constant refilled the hole he dug to get the seed in a hurry. Jethrek waited patiently with the main door open as Constant ran back, making sure nobody was watching.

"Set course back to Ponyville at our home time!" Constant panted as he went back inside, "Quickly!"

"Affirmative!" Jethrek replied, deactivating his perception filter and setting the course.

"Wait!" Constant said, "On second thought, set course for the same time, but change the location to the edge of the Everfree Forest!" He closed the main door carefully.

Jethrek's visual scanner showed that there was unusual energy in the canister which Constant put the seed in. "Changing course now!"

Moments later, the Monitor materialized at the edge of the Everfree forest, it's outer shell disguising it as a boulder.

"We have to dispose of this as safely as possible!" Constant said, "Records showed that it took a sacrifice of magical artifacts to get what sprouted out of those seeds in this era under control!"

Jethrek looked to Constant in surprise. "How can we dispose of it when we cannot control magic ourselves?!"

"I'll burn it!" Constant replied, getting out his laser screwdriver, and the canister from his bag. He left the Monitor and ran about four meters to a clear spot before setting the canister down.

"Energy levels are rising inside the canister!" Jethrek said, turning on his perception filter.

"Then I'd better do this quickly!" Constant said. He pointed his laser screwdriver at the canister and fired. However, instead of burning the seed as he expected it to, the laser fire caused the canister to split in two, releasing the dark energy inside, which took the form of a vine and slapped him away. He landed on his back.

Jethrek found that there was nothing he could do, so he ran back to the Monitor as Constant sat up to get his laser screwdriver, which, unfortunately, the vine grabbed. "NO!" he exclaimed. He rushed to get it back, but each time he got close, the vine teased him by quickly moving away from his hand. "Darn you! Give it back!" he demanded, but the vine paid no attention.

Jethrek found Constant's predicament interesting. If he had a sense of humor, this would have been funny to him. Nevertheless, he knew that Constant would need the laser screwdriver again at some future time, so he dug inside Constant's bag and grabbed the shovel. Analyzing it, he found that the edge was sharp enough to cut through a vine, assuming enough force was applied. He ran out and charged the vine, holding the shovel out. It cut through very swiftly, causing it to drop the laser screwdriver.

Constant picked up the tool. "Thank you, Jethrek," he said, a bit surprised. However, he had no time to ponder what had transpired, as he saw not one, but about five vines wrap around Jethrek and drag him down.

"HELP ME, CONSTANT!" Jethrek called out.

Constant aimed his laser screwdriver, but found that as much as he did have a good aim at any vine in particular, there was still the risk that he might hit a vital system in Jethrek's travel machine. At this point, he could only watch helplessly as Jethrek struggled, and his perception filter flickered.

Author's Note:

At this moment, the Doctor had not yet changed his own actions in the DW universe ("The Day of the Doctor").

Also, the reason I didn't choose who the Doctor's companion was is that I have seen and read a few Doctor Whooves fanfics, and I was just not sure which pony I SHOULD have chosen to be his companion in this fanfic.