• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,011 Views, 15 Comments

King of Equestria - Neroson40



Wayvern's unique power can tell him about everyone except himself, even if he is Celestia and Luna's Brother.

  • ...
22
 15
 1,011

Relius

The life of a ruler was difficult. But the entire time Celestia, Luna and Twilight were there to help him govern their respective domains, Celestia aided Canterlot and predominantly Unicorn populated cities, Luna helped with Cloudsdale and the Pegasus population, and Twilight represented Ponyville and the Earthlings. Every day, he went to get the work out of the way first, sometimes working straight through scheduled breaks to get something done, and at night he plopped on his bed and went into a dream like he was somepony else.

Wayvern was in the middle of an audience with a member of the Apple family of farmers, something about a concern for a supplier’s latest shipment’s failure to arrive. Suddenly he heard a voice echo throughout the chamber.

“KING OF EQUESTRIA! I HAVE COME FOR THEE!”

Everypony rushed outside to see a giant mass of shadow cover Canterlot. Wayvern recognized this voice, but he couldn’t remember where he heard it before now. The shadow formed a pillar that got more and more concentrated on the base on the balcony where Wayvern and the others stood. When the Darkness faded, a cloaked figure stood up from his crouched position, and he removed his hood to reveal a masque, spikey blond hair and soulless green eyes.

“Relius!” the name fell off Wayvern’s lips

“I see you’ve finally found your way home… Reaper.”

“I see you found me… Shadow King.” Everypony looked at Relius with fear, even Celestia. Wayvern didn’t feel fear. What he felt was a reminder of the moment of Avalanche’s death. He remembered now. It was Relius who killed Avalanche. What he felt was straight up hatred.

“Evolution! Execution!” Wayvern was remembering things left and right today. His body changed shape with this phrase, he started to stand on his hind legs, and clothes started to cover his body. He started to become human.

Wayvern’s Transformation subsided, and everypony stared at him in awe. The light that surrounded him split into seven spheres and circled around him. There was a broken sword’s hilt on the back of his waist. He grabbed it and pulled it, as if to draw it from a scabbard.

“Hummingbird.” When Wayvern said the name of the sword, the seven lights circled faster and formed the rest of Hummingbird’s massive single edged blade. The Sword at Relius’ side was similar to Hummingbird, therefore Wayvern couldn’t see how it fit into that scabbard fit for a broadsword. He also couldn’t see how either one moved so quickly, but then again Magic explains the unexplainable. It was double edged red blade with a rapier style guard and hilt, which looked ridiculous on this sword.

Wayvern held Hummingbird out in front of him with one hand, an impressive feat even to him. They started the clash on the balcony and it quickly turned to the side of the tower. They kept rushing each other, countering blow for blow. All the while, the memories that Wayvern lost started to flood back to him. His parents were brutally murdered by this creep when he was ten, his best friend was killed in a fight against a brainwashed dragon, and Hummingbird, his greatest inheritance was all he had left of all of them. Finally his rage subsided as he remembered why he became a Reaper when he did.

He felt alone when his parents were killed by this guy. Hopeless, hurt. He never wanted anyone else to feel like that again, not just from Equestria, but anywhere that could create a Reaper, anywhere that could sustain life. He knocked Relius against the tower and drove Hummingbird through his stomach. Knowing what Relius could do, it wasn’t over. Relius faded into dust slowly. It gave Wayvern enough time to say something to Relius.

“One of these days, Justice will be served.”