• Published 1st Apr 2015
  • 1,012 Views, 15 Comments

King of Equestria - Neroson40



Wayvern's unique power can tell him about everyone except himself, even if he is Celestia and Luna's Brother.

  • ...
22
 15
 1,012

Betrayal

After Wayvern got Flash admitted into the hospital, Wayvern tried calling Twilight. The call wouldn’t have worked either way because she came rushing in the room crying like a little girl. She fell onto Flash and cried while Flash hugged her with his good arm.
Wayvern felt like he disappointed her. He had the means to keep Flash safe, but he got hurt on the field of a battle he shouldn’t have been a part of. What’s worse is this just proved his point. If there was a chance that Wayvern’s job was going to put those he knew at risk, he didn’t want to have friends… so… that’s why he was taught alone.
Wayvern left the hospital… and avoided all contact with people over the next week. Did it hurt? Yeah it hurt, a lot, but if it meant that Twilight and the others could be safe, he could deal with it. Going back to the Rental home that Discord had for the month they would be in Canterlot City, Wayvern got a call on his Transformer. It was Celestia.

“I got an Answer from Flash Sentry. He likes her.”

“Good…” Wayvern said.

“By the way, is Discord Behaving?” he felt sick all over again. He still hadn’t told Celestia about Discord.

“He’s… helping,” Wayvern said. “In more ways than you could imagine… I wish I could stomach telling you more.”

“What do you mean?”

“Flash Sentry got hurt in this world.”

“What!? Is he okay!?”

“No, Celestia! He is not okay! It was Relius! And frankly I’m not okay either!”

“What do you mean?”

“I was talking to him earlier… about how I feel about Twilight… Yeah, I like her but if I were her I’d choose him, and this little Fiasco just proved why!”

“Flash Sentry isn’t Royal-“

“And Neither is Shining Armor but Cadence married him!”

Silence on the other end of the line, then, “I see your point, but what if Twilight’s destiny isn’t to marry a guard, but a king?”

“That's really petty of you Celestia!, Plus, I don’t want to put her in that kind of danger.”

“So… you don’t trust her?”

“What?”

“Ask her who she would choose between you and Flash Sentry. If she chooses you there’s nothing you can do about it.” The connection was cut at that. Twilight came up to him after thirty seconds.

“Wayvern? Why have you been avoiding us recently?” Wayvern turned around and touched her arm, taking everything she felt in. He didn’t see an ounce of hatred in there.

“I’m sorry Twilight…” He explained. “It was my fault that Flash got hurt… and that proved the reason why I think you should be with him…”

“Wait, Wayvern… What are you saying?”

“Sorry… I shouldn’t have brought it up.” He took three steps and heard something.

“Do you like me!?” Wayvern stopped in his tracks. He heard stories that went kind of like this. But in those stories, this situation came up, the answer from the guy always had something positive to it. He did not have anything positive to say.

“It doesn’t matter!”

“Of course it matters! If you like me, I might just choose you over him!”

“But if I were you I’d choose him over me, regardless of how I feel! Would you rather be with someone who could protect you from the danger they live in, or someone who wouldn’t put you in danger at all!?” Twilight looked shocked. Tears welled up in her frozen face of terrifying epiphany. “I thought so.” Wayvern walked away; completely unaware of the sheer volume of pain he just thrust onto Twilight.