• Published 30th Mar 2015
  • 372 Views, 5 Comments

Trixie's Requiem - theseventhdoctor



Shocked by the sudden death of her grandfather and frustrated by the lack of answers from the local guards. Trixie began to investigates his murder herself and finds a darkness that threatens all of Equestria.

  • ...
 5
 372

Chapter 5

The air was cold, stale and musty in the corpse of the great city of Riap-shid but Trixie only noticed that fact only dimly for it felt as if her head and hooves were filled with powdered lead and her lungs burned as if she was breathing in fire and flames. The black blanket of spell exhaustion was closing in and she didn’t know if she wanted to fight it. The idea of just letting the world and all it’s trouble’s go was so tempting but the image of an old stallion’s headless corpse and that of a being who wear that stallion's form entered her heart and mind giving her enough energy to work through the haze and to take a swig from the bottle Star Tome gave her. Her eyes shot open as the drink went down her throat feeling like frozen lightning as it went from her stomach out towards her limbs, reenergizing the whole of her being. Where once fatigue and despair dwelled, hope had blossomed in to replace it. Where her mind was clouded and confused was now clear as a bell. She even felt her mouth form a vicious little smile, “That’s the ticket, Worth tasting like burnt coffee.” she made a check of her surroundings feeling an energy marker from where her spell brought her, “My path back I suppose,” she idly mused to herself but she turned to face the entry to the great city and it’s massive central pillar.

Her face hardened as she looked on at the great tower and of the city more than likely filled with nightmares of a bygone age but she straightened her hat and bags and made sure her cape was clasped and with the ancient sword at the ready she made her way to the gates, ready to face any challenge before her.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Trixie was running for her life, dodging around the animated corpses only sparing quick glances for her eyes to confirm what she could hear and feel in the ground. A blue bipel beast vaguely reminiscent of a great ape was chasing her though how it could see her despite having three mouths and no eyes was another question, one Trixie really didn’t want answered so she ran as the horror squashed those too slow to escape it’s path. Trixie wasn’t slow and ducked into a side alley.

The great horror continued it’s chase and as it lumbered into the alley raising one of it’s great limbs to smash the pony, it’s limb met a field of purple energy that caused it to recoil and before it could do anything more, Trixie bellowed holding the big gun that was glowing with green energy, “SUCK ON THIS UGLY!”, the plume of flame left one barrel of the big gun and the shot caused the great horror to jerk violently to one side, a steady stream of a blue ichor came from it’s wounds. Angry it tried to charge at Trixie and well the shield spell did break not before it’s backlash ended the beast.

She stared at the defeated foe, idly rubbing where she had the gun braced, feeling the beginnings of a bruise start to form but she did her best to ignore it as she picked up the saddlebag and piece of chalk that helped her form the barrier and she replaced the spent shell in the gun and noted that she only had five shells left,including those in the the gun before she slung it on her back once more, as well as holding her sword at the ready and noticed that it’s edge was chipped the blade itself was beginning to warp. With a sigh she intoned the spell, “Xel’lotath Pargon Antorbok Pargon Magormor,” and watched as the green energy raced and danced along the sword, straightening and restoring it as well as infusing it with energy at least for a while.

As she gave the sword a few practice swings, she lost her balance for a second as her head began to buzz, she reached into her bag to pull out the potion and took another swig from it and in a moment’s time the buzzing in her head and unsteadiness of her limbs left her. As she looked at the bottle her grandfather left her, she noted that it was already half gone, “How ever this potion works I must be reaching its limit as well as my own,” From her spot in the alley she looked up towards the central spire still forlornly looming above her, “Guess it’s time to give this magick a rest and do things old school.”

She left the alley and turned towards the tower and saw that several zombies blocked her path, the first one no more that ten feet away lurched at her, she countered with a quick sidestep then with all the force her horn could muster she flung the gladius at the creature and the glowing blade buried itself half into it’s skull quickly falling over dead again. She retrieved the sword in time to remove a limb of another undead that had tried to grapple her. As it slaked to one side due to it’s missing limb Trixie kicked it hard enough to hear bones crack and as it fell over unable to move she removed it’s head with one quick motion.

In moments the small group of undead was no more, with a quick flick of her magic the ichor flew free of her sword and sheathed it and used a free hoof to wipe the sweat from her brow and began her solemn march.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As she neared the doors of the great tower, she readied herself by recasting the enchant item magick on both the sword and gun and also cast a shield magick on herself. Steeling herself so she can take on this darkness eternal before opening the doors a thought crossed her mind that made her smile a mischievous smile.

The doors of the tower swung open with great force causing the Liche in the center to jump back and shield his eyes from the torrent of wind that held them open, “Righteous Guard! Your reckoning comes!” bellowered the blue and quite pissed off mare. The Liche countered with a bolt of black lightning that he sent forth at Trixie only for it to pass through the image before he could react two loud booms filled the hall and Righteous heard and felt his armor splinter under the impact of the blow followed by another such blow and another only to be finished with an enchanted gladus entering his chest pinning him to the floor.

Before she left the prone Liche she kicked him hard enough to knock some teeth out and still smiling to herself began walking about his ritual area to figure out how best to undo his working. She was on her way to get her bag by the entrance when there was a detonation of power that caused her to go flying through the air and land in a heap.

“Impudent Charelaten Mage of a Child! Did you honestly believe that me the servant of the great mage-god Ulyaoth. Could be bested by an old sword or fire stick? Even with the magicks you’ve stole you have lost. Not even a miracle could save you now.” and with that the Liche turned away from Trixie to continue his work on summoning his god.

Trixie laid there partially because she felt utterly defeated and partially because she wasn’t sure she could move if she wanted to. as she laid there her mind drifted and reflected on many things of her life including a conversation from long ago.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A blue unicorn sat at a table in a library fiercely writing on a piece of paper, she was not yet a mare nor was she a filly anymore if her cutie mark was anything to go by but her braces hammered home the fact that she was a teenager.

“Grandfather!” She nearly yelled, “I don’t get this bucking worksheet!”

“Language! Trixie I did not raise you to talk like a street trotter.” Came a stern stallions voice from across the table,as he sat down the book he was reading and picked up the worksheet he gave it the once over and said, “And this is just basic magic theory and how magic can take shape be it a spell or runes or even song sometimes spontaneously so.”

“Spontaneous magical song? Really grandfather?” She asked a skeptic’s eyebrow arched.

“Yes well ponies bursting into song is rare here in the city but more rural locals like Appleloosa or Ponyville they are much more common but they can happen anywhere one common place is as guests enter the Grand galloping Gala for the first time.”

“Okay..” She saids till a bit skeptical, “Why do they do it?”

“Well,We ponies all of us are innately magical and that can cause are emotions to run high, it’s believed by some that the songs help keep are internal mana in check while others think it’s a way to spread good cheer or maybe even as a defense mechanism against hostile magic. Just like the appendix we really don’t know.” He continued to look over her work sheet before flipping it over and asking, “see me dominate because I’m powerful and great?”

The blue pony’s face turned a bright shade of scarlet as she grabbed the worksheet and song on the back away from her grandfather and tried to mumble an explanation as the older stallion just shook his head and laughed.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Her eyes shot open and by her own resolve or stubbornness she stood up again, ready for one last go at the Liche. She focused on every good memory she had began to draw power from them as she made her way towards the Righteous in his circle, He turned and scoffed at her, “What’s this worm, Another pitiful trick?”

She smiled and was happy to oblige his perfect start up line. So she opened her mouth and sang, “You better believe I’ve got tricks up my sleeve, See me dominate cause i’m powerful and great!” The song not only flummoxed the old Liche but seemed to be healing her or at least allowing her to ignore her pain and not willing to lose her advantage she pressed on, “ You think you’ve got what it takes to go blow to blow, I’ve got more moves than you’ll ever know I own the stage I’m all the rage, you’re from the past I’m from the space age!”

She rushed him and hit him hard with an energy backed right hoof, the blow causing him to stumble about drunkenly trying to remember how to bend reality to his will and walk a straight a line too, “ No! This is impossible, You should be broken and begging for death. How? He asked backing away from the mare.

“Don’t mean to brag don’t mean to boast but I’m a six course meal and Righteous? You're just burnt toast Think I’m gonna give up? No! Never ever ever ever!” And with that the song and the magic tied up in it reached its crescendo and cascaded out of her it was as if Equestria itself was aiding her as the power engulfed him and annihilated him leaving nothing but the remains of his armor and what acted as his core for so long, a blue statue suggestive of a blue jellyfish sat there and as she picked it up a horrible alien voice filled her being.

“THINK YOU CAN STOP THAT WHICH HAS BEEN IN MOTION SINCE BEFORE YOUR COUNTRY FORMED?” It asked.

But Trixie ignored it and with her bag once again in her grasp began going over notes and setting up all the essences.

“STOP!” it commanded, “I AM A GOD! MY WILL WON’T BE DENIED!”

Again Trixie said nothing but felt a smug satisfaction as the god floundered and tried to bribe her.

“POWER, RESPECT I CAN GRANT YOU THESE THINGS.

She was almost done setting up the essences and was now changing up the lines of the circle and the runes of the spell.

“I CAN GIVE YOU THAT WHICH WILL LET YOU OUTSHINE THE SPARKLE!”

Trixie paused for a second and was treated to an image of herself wielding immense arcane power and being called the greater mage by Twilight herself but her gaze fell on the remains of the last one who was promised power from Ulyaoth and she finished the preparations.

“FOOL I WOULD GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU DESIRE! AND-” He continued but she ignored him instead put all her focus and the last of her reserves towards what may very well be her greatest, most powerful and possibly final magic act. “Mantarrok Pargon Pargon Bankorak Pargon Pargon Aretak Pargon Pargon!” She intoned and with the first spell cast purple light from the heart wrapping around Ulyaoth’s essence.

“NO I SHANT DIE!” He yelled causing the city to shake around her but still she spoke the next spell, “Chattur’gha Pargon Pargon Nethlak Pargon Pargon Aretak Pargon Pargon!” With the second spell cast weights of red energy formed around the claw of Chattur'gha before draping themselves around the blue essence sealing it’s aura.

“NO! NO!” He cried as she began the final spell of, “Xel’lotath Pargon Pargon Antorbak Pargon Pargon Aretak Pargon Pargon!” Trixie finished with a croaking shriek as she watched a spear of green power being emitted from the sigil of Xel’lotath before striking and shattering the essence of Ulyaoth. Trixie smiled hearing that the death throes of the “god” and that the city of Riap-shid was once again silent as a tomb and with that silence she let oblivion take her.