• Published 28th Mar 2015
  • 14,833 Views, 663 Comments

When lightning strikes... - FrostTheWolf



A boy wakes up in the world of the Power ponies as The Azure Striker; Gunvolt. However, if they see him as a hero or not is another story[Displaced story][Azure Striker Gunvolt/MLP crossover]

  • ...
65
 663
 14,833

PreviousChapters Next
Strike 12- Analysis

When Lightning Strikes- Analysis


Power Pony HQ

Hours after Lance and “Venom” had defeated Hot Spot and Venom left through a portal to his own world (probably), The Adept had now scavenged almost every piece of tech and equipment that he could find and transported everything to the Tech Lab at Headquarters so he could analyze them and see how much of a threat this posed on the Power Ponies. With the discovery of an old metalworking factory and the amount of gear that the ponies were mass producing, the only assumption was that they were preparing for a takeover or war on a global scale. Given the materials used, most of the gear was resistant to Magic while the weapons themselves weren’t exactly… ordinary.

The Adept soon turned the laboratory into a testing facility, setting up mechanisms for each of the devices and weapons they uncovered and mannequins to use as target practice. During this though, the Adept also used a scanner on the Black Scythe he acquired from Lee in order to see if any of the materials of the token would be found in the equipment. He had a suspicion that the token somehow played a role on how the Unicorn they faced earlier was able to take on an entirely new form and almost defeat the two of them if it weren’t for him letting his guard down at the last possible second.

Some Bio scans indicated that the token was composed of the same living source that Venom used in combat. What he called “Symbiote”. But somehow, after looking at the remains of the ruined glaive that Hot Spot used that was now only an empty shell, they had very high readings of the material inside there. This concerned the Adept. If these Glaives were made of this material and given to different users, who knows what they’ll be used for or what kind of transformations will be pulled off.

A knock on the door caught Lance’s attention and he saw The Masked Matterhorn enter the room. “Can I come in? You look a bit… Busy.”

“No, by all means, go ahead.” Lance offered, pointing at a nearby chair. “I’ve been working a lot with the gear we found and made some major discoveries.”

“Oh really? What kind of discoveries?”

“Ones that would really concern me and also should concern you too.” Lance said. “Let me run a field test with the Armor we acquired to show you what I mean.” He shows the demonstration by comparing two sets of body armor. The one used by the members of the Powers Division in the Maretropolis Police Department and then the one used by Sumeragi. Using his energy blade, he did one vertical slice on each set. The difference? Not only did Sumeragi’s armor held up just like the other set, but it absorbed most of the damage better than the first set due to the active materials used in it. “This concerns me because it means that somepony in this gear could get themselves slammed into a bus and come out unscaved, making them harder to capture than before.”

“What about the weapons?”

“Thats… another thing. The weapons are also made using technology that’s not normally found around the city and run on these crystals.” Lance pulled out a few that he had extracted from the interior of a few of Sumeragi’s weapons and showed them to the Masked Matterhorn. “They’re like rechargeable batteries because these are kinetic weapons that run on them as energy, recharge when not in combat and can be switched out like ammunition clips.”

“Okay, that’s a bit worrisome. What are the effects in combat though?” The Mare then asked as The Adept sighed.

“It varies depending on the size of the weapon and purpose. But each one has a normal shot and a charged blast. Each one being quite… deadly. But I think a demonstration should be the best way to show you.”

Soon, the Adept put a clip into the three different weapon types they found there. A primary firearm, A secondary firearm and a third gun that was for heavy weapon purposes. “Alright, Field test one. Standard Long range rifle…. The Scorpion.” He said, reading the side of the weapon. Soon, he opened fired on the mannequin that had the Sumeragi issued body armor as the shots came out in strings of Rapid fire pulse blasts. Like an assault rifle. But, as it turns out, the first weapon had a secondary function when Lance accidently extended the barrier. When the weapon’s barrel was extended, it was able to fired a charged bolt and functioned like a sniper rifle. It would be a perfect tactical weapon.

“Okay… moving on. Test number two, the Crossfire Pistol.” The Adept said as he placed the energy crystal where the clip would be. The first thing he noticed was that the function of the pistol would remind him of a Desert Eagle back home. But, in addition, this one had a miniature sight that allowed for the user to look through walls using infrared technology. He found this out when he pointed at the wall to see both Radiance and Mistress Marevelous talking to each other in the next door room. For a test, he fired a few shots. The normal capabilities were standard. But Charged blasts allowed for a brief stun blast that was silenced by the weapons capabilities. Almost like his pistol on Steroids.

Finally, the last weapon test. The ‘Hellfire’ Rail gun. Quickly, Lance could immediately tell why it was given the name. Blasts of Pulse Energy were released in quick succession. Not only that, but a charged shot from this gun went off like someone fired a rocket launcher. The blast from this demonstration almost caused the whole room to go into disarray with the impact of the attack leaving an unprotected mannequin turned to ashes.

“Dear sweet Celestia.” Masked Matterhorn cursed under her breath. With this much destructive capability in the hands of such an enemy like Sumeragi, nopony could ever be safe. But, with the ones they obtained, maybe they could find a way to use the enemy’s technology against them. “Lance, is this all the weapons that we collected?”

“Besides the combat suit and the tanks, it seems like we only scratched the surface.” The Adept replied with a frown, taking out a few papers that he found in a tube. “During the excavation, I found these. They’re weapon blueprints. For more than just these weapons though. Some of these schematics are for robotics and mechanical suits. Possibly being designed at a different location after we beat Hot Spot.”

The Azure Striker brought up this because he was concerned about something else. Since Lee’s Symbiote was used to create Hot Spot’s glaive, Lance was concerned that Nova was able to create other glaives using the same material since it was a living force that could be duplicated given the right procedures. That other villains would be guarding important research wings and each one being tougher than the last. He remembered there being seven major Adepts in Sumeragi besides Nova. Each one representing one of the seven deadly sins.

Wrath, Envy, Pride, Sloth, Gluttony, Lust, and Greed.

Hot Spot was the first one to appear. The Burning Fire of Wrath. Now, Lance was beginning to wonder what else was to come. He remembered each of the other bosses, but given that this is Equestria and not a human version of it, there would be different circumstances. “Can you excuse me for a moment, Twilight. I need some air. All this thinking is giving me a headache.”

The Alicorn nodded as he walked towards the elevator and rode it up to the top floor. Once there, he stepped on out onto the rooftop. He was beginning to feel refreshed. But… only temporarily. Lance felt another presence on the roof with him and he did not like it when he felt like he was being spied on.

“Alright, who’s there?” He asked as the adept turned around.

“.........” The Figure was quiet. Possibly either deaf or mute. Which lead to Lance’s next question.

“Can you hear me?” The figure simply nodded yes to Lance’s question. He breathed a sigh of relief, but then thought through the conversation he had with the one eyed owl only two nights ago and the man that set the Unconscious Cody by his feet. “Are you…… Arima?”

The figure only nodded his head again, followed up by a question that he wrote on a small whiteboard with a whiteboard marker. [Yes I am Arima Kishou.]

“Okay Arima. May I ask why are you here? Its it because the One Eyed Owl wanted you to watch over me so I don’t go back on my promise?”

[That and to see if you are all talk and bark.]

“I assure you, I’m doing all that I can. But with the recent endeavours with the newly formed Sumeragi, I have my hands full…… We’ve uncovered weapons and technology that are years ahead of this worlds time. Almost futuristic. Now I’m trying to find the locations of the facilities that they are building them and shut them down. Maybe…… if you can help me find them, I can have some more time convincing them about Kaoru.”

Arima handed him two cards telling him about the possible locations of two of the facilities. [One hidden at a port on the coast of Sun Fransokyo while the other is located at the edge of Baltimare.]

“So everything’s not exactly in one place and hard to find. Clever devils…” Lance said. “Thank you. If I had some money, I would pay you for your help because of your generosity-.”

Arima simply pulled out his quinque and pointed it at Lance. [Be prepared to see me at this location.]

“Wait… Why? I can take care of these on my own. Or is it for something else?” The Adept wondered, asking him.

[You may be powerful then most of the beings in this world, but the lone wolf act will end up getting you killed. Rely on your team more often than just yourself kid, otherwise you’ll fail.]

“I do rely on my team. It’s just in certain incidents, me relying on them has made them become targets and I don’t want them to get hurt. They’re more than just teammates and friends to me. They’re like Family and Family members don’t let others get hurt.”

[That’s the life of being a hero, kid. No matter what happens even when you may or may not rely on them, they’ll still get hurt. You’ll know soon enough when we meet again.]

With that, Arima left the rooftop. But all that conversation did was have a chill go down Lance’s spine. He already knew about that lesson from what happened with Cody… But what Arima finished with… Did he plan to hurt anypony in the tower? Now this just made him worry a little bit more as he returned inside the HQ with the new locations he had obtained.


Sumeragi Headquarters

Over the past few hours, Nova had to deal with the news of their major weapon facility being taken over and Hot Spot being defeated. This, to him though was only a minor setback. He had already gotten all the equipment he needed and thanks to the Black Scythe he found earlier and the Synthetic material it was composed of, he was able to construct a series of Glaives not just for himself, but for the individuals that he assigned to the various facilities that were important to Sumeragi’s success. They were the different organs of the body with this watchtower being the brain. But that wasn’t his major focus when a new figure entered the room. A teenaged male pony with two horns that curved backwards. Instead of fur, it had scales along it’s body. For this was a very special kind of creature.

It was a Capricorn.

“Welcome… You must be Jumper, am I right?”

“Yes. Indeed I am.” he replied.

“I heard as well that you have some… Interesting skills. Am I right?”

“Well,” Jumper began to speak. “I wouldn’t exactly call them interesting now. Back when I was younger and using my skills in conjuring portals to travel all over the world was one thing. Then, I got bored and tried my portals for other things… Which got me into crime. But now, there's nothing really much to do anymore. Even with us busting out and everything.”

Normally, something like this would make somepony believe if this guy was for real. But to Nova, he saw opportunity. “You make it sound like you need something to… entertain you. Am I right? Well, I believe I just have the perfect opportunity for you.”

Nova now took out a glaive that he had in a nearby locker that had an sky blue colored hue and gem in the center. “There is a underwater testing facility that can’t be discovered by the likes of the power ponies. If discovered, I would like for you to use your gifts to…… surprise them. Does that sound fun to you?”

The Capricorn smiled. “Finally, something to possibly cure me of my boredom.”


End Strike 12

Author's Note:

One step forward, two steps back.

Also, thanks for over 100 watchers. I'm really grateful for all our your support :twilightsmile:

PreviousChapters Next