• Published 13th May 2012
  • 2,060 Views, 42 Comments

Eternal Solace - D Styles



The tale of Celestia and Luna's father, King Solace.

  • ...
0
 42
 2,060

Lost within Time

Lost within time

[Continuing from where 'The Voice' had spotted him.]

Solace had slumped down the side of the shop, where the white Alicorn and the six young mares ate. He didn't understand this at all... After awaking in front of the settlement by the name of Ponyville, he had set his mind straight to return to Canterlot. The large Castle on the side of a mountain made it painfully easy for Solace to spot it. He, being the very controller of the Sun and the Moon, made it to the castle without much difficulty.

He was correct, he found himself back in Canterlot, his home. Yet, the place itself seemed different. The clothes ponies wore were quite... strange to say the least. There were no longer any lanterns on the walking paths, instead there were these strange poles that had emitted light from it's tip. As Solace walked down the paths of Canterlot, nopony had greeted him with any variation of the sentence: "Greetings, my King Solace." Instead, ponies had opted to stare and whisper about him to their nearby companions.

Solace found this entire scene to be quite strange. He certainly hadn't hoped for this, he was hoping more for the "Oh Solace our King! You have returned from saving us from a horrible fate!" Type of welcome from the ponies of Canterlot. He had felt a strong urge to cause a solar flare and burn everypony there into a charred corpse for their incompetence. Instead he just looked around and offered a smile, to which nopony chose to return.

"Oh Twilight don't worry..." A voice had sounded from a shop nearby. He stopped, the voice sounded motherly, tender, caring. He decided a quick peak wouldn't hurt anypony. He quietly looked through an open window and seen it. A white Alicorn with a Rainbow mane that moved as if a wind was gently blowing through her hair, he knew, that it was her hair flowing of it's own accord, since he hasn't felt a single breeze throughout the night. A new ruler? How long has he been gone? He took another peek. Yes, the alicorn was the ruler, a princess maybe? The crown was unmistakeable. That crown was only to be possession of the rulers of Equestria. He sank down, resisting the urge to grab the crown and run.

Then he felt two different things, he felt as if he was being watched himself, not him doing the watching. He looked around him, scanning his surroundings. There didn't seem to be anypony around that could possibly be watching him, though, in the space behind Solace, for a split second he thought that it appeared to look a bit foggy. Within a few seconds however, the sensation of being watched slowly faded away, leaving him only with the other feeling, a feeling of connection between him and the other Alicorn that was inside of that shop. Solace didn't know how, but there was a connection, a bond between the two. Solace felt like he should just interrogate the new 'Ruler' of Equestria, but he thought better of it.

Solace thought about it for a few minutes, then came to the conclusion that since nopony seems to acknowledge him, it would be better for him to go around and to avoid suspicion, in the mean time he could go ahead and gather some intel about this new place. He recalled the events that led up to this, with the dragon's invasion, and the...spell that he had to use after Canterlot was burned down, and he had to make a stand at Discord's castle.

Discord! His brother! He should still be alive, and should be able to help him!

With his new goal set in mind, he decided to go off to where Discord would most likely be: The new rebuilt Canterlot castle. A small smirk appeared upon Solace's face, but was slowly dissolved upon the next few seconds.

"Halt!" A voice called out from behind him, it was a feminine voice, but it was deeper and more strict. It carried power and authority. Solace had one guess on who it was before he turned around. There she was, the alicorn ruler, then six other ponies, all mares, all facing him, ready to fight him should he retaliate. She then gave him a cold glare, then shouted:

"Alicorn! State your name now! Any attempts to escape will be dealt with the appropriate force!"