• Published 12th May 2012
  • 3,225 Views, 307 Comments

The Unlikley Sanctuary - Tie RoamingHooves



Three long time friends turned soilder crash in a helicopter in Equestria. Two of them are bronies.

  • ...
13
 307
 3,225

Daring Dash: Before the Storm

Sorry for taking so long I will start to introduce the OC characters that have been submitted to me in this chapter. Most will be shown in the future though so if your OC isn't in here don't freak out. Also, the plot thickens somewhat! This chapter is raw and unedited so there are bound to be grammar errors.


Rainbow Dash was annoyed that Star Swirl would leave her alone especially when she was blind. She still needed to get up off the floor. She was starting to get a little sore. "Hey Scoots, wake up." she said while gently shaking the sleeping filly.

"Ugh... five more minutes."

Rainbow decided to just let gravity do her dirty work. She opened her fore hooves and let the filly fall. She woke up instantly and glared at the cyan pegasus before her for a moment before smiling and hugging her. "I thought I'd never see you again." the orange pegasus said into Rainbows chest as she continued to embrace her.

"You know I could never leave you like that."

"Hey I never knew you were this soft Rainbow." she said playfully while breaking the hug.

"Well don't get used to it, Scoots. I had to track down an ancient civilization to save your sorry flank."

"I was going to ask about that but I really don't care. All that matters is that you saved my life and now your here."

"Oh come on. I was hoping I could at least tell you my the epic tale of how me, Rainbow Dash, cheated death." she said effectively stroking her ego for the time being. She then gave the smaller pegasus a hoof-nogie. "I missed you squirt."

"I do have a question. Why do you keep staring off into space like that? Its kinda creepy."

"Eh, the machine that Star Swirl the Bearded used to bring you back to life blinded me. I should ware of any time in the next five days..." she trailed off. She just realized she would be grounded.

"You're blind... does it hurt?"

"What? No. Its just dark. Everything is just black."

"Oh. Do you need help?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, yes I do. I won't be making it out of here anytime soon like this. Thats for sure."

Unbeknownst to Rainbow Dash, the orange filly was grinning mischievously. Slowly the pegasus moved from her last position as silently as she could and then stopped behind the rainbow maned mare. "Scootaloo?"

Silence.

"Scootaloo?"

More silence.

"Come on squirt this ain't funny."

She still was only replied by silence. To make the joke even funnier Scootaloo silently trotted to the door and opened and closed it again.Rainbow's head immediately shot to where she last heard the noise. As soon as she recognized the sound she frowned.

"Ohhh I swear when I can see again I'm going to get that filly. Ok Dashie, we can do this." she said getting onto her hooves. She started to make slow and unsteady steps towards where she thought the door was. "Come on this isn't even cool." she said hating on her situation. One more unsteady step later, her face had greeted the wall. Rainbow Dash fell to her flank and rubbed her snout with a hoof while Scootaloo was giving it her all to not laugh. Rainbow then extended a wing to fell the wall as she followed it to another wall and again hit her snout. "Ow! I swear Scootaloo, if your in this room you better let me know now!" she yelled and was rewarded with hysterical laughter. "Scootaloo, that wasn't funny."

"You're right, it was hilarious!" she said laughing harder.

Rainbow Dash's expression lightened and she moved to the source of the laughter. "Ok, you got me, but I'm gonna get you back."

"Well I learned from the best."

"Ok well I've had enough and I want to get out of here."

"I know so lets-"

Star Swirl burst through the door. "I'm sorry Rainbow Dash, I had completely forgotten that you were blind but something amazing has happened. That song you sang was the password! What are the chances of that?! One in a million? Well enough of that, lets get you out of here. Bite my tail." Star Swirl stuck his tail in front of Rainbow Dashes face and she bit it.

Scootaloo started to laugh. "Go ahead, laugh it up" Dash said through the tail in her mouth. She was led through the doors and back into the chilly cryo floor.

"Soooo... how does it taste?"

"Scootaloo, shut up."

Star Swirl looked down and winked at Scootaloo. "You seem upset. I don't think eating hair is going to solve your problems." he told her.

Dash spit out the tail and looked furious. "Ok! That's it! I'm finding my own way."

She started to walk forward but tripped over herself. "Rainbow Dash, you know as well as I do that that is simply not going to happen."

Rainbow Dash groaned and wiped her face with a hoof. "Fine, just shut up about it." Star Swirl put his tail back into her face and she bit it and was led to the elevator. She felt a unsettling feeling of the room moving as the elevator rose and she heard the electronic beep as the elevator doors opened. Rainbow Dash heard boots and shoes running to and from. "What's everypony so running around for?"

"Ah your other senses are starting to heighten already. Well, Like I said those in cryo sleep are going to be up pretty soon and everyone here is getting the city ready. We have to restore power and water to the homes and buildings and fire up the artificial sky."

Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo both tilted their heads to the side. Rainbow Dash was the first to say something though. "Artificial sky?"

"The artificial sky was an idea thought up by a very smart pegasus by the name of Matrix. He had missed the sky but didn't want to leave either. He had complained to a human friend by the name of Alexander Mazburg who just happened to be working on a way to project an image over a large area. He had an idea that instead of projecting a sky on the ceiling he would have placed the brightest lights possible over the sky to make a giant TV screen. Then the projection would cycle through day and night every twelve hours and it looks like the real thing from the ground. Its only until you get within a thousand feet of it that the illusion starts to fail."

Rainbow blinked and then facehooved. "Ugh. Twilight would love you."

"I don't know about that but we should get moving. You're attracting a lot of attention." Rainbow Dash bit down onto his tail and was led away.


Meanwhile...

Pinkie Pie was walking out of the recently rebuilt Sugarcube Corner. She hopped through town waving to everypony she saw. The human's flying machines flying over Ponyville was now a usual sight for everypony now. she hopped past Town Hall and waved to the group of humans and Royal Guard that walked by. Some of them waved and others didn't but Pinkie didn't really mind at all. She continued to Sweet Apple Acres when suddenly, she started to shudder violently. This was her Pinkie sense warning her about something. It was going to be... a doozy.


Rainbow Dash had walked for what seemed like hours which turned out to be really be just ten long minutes of boredom. "Where are we going?"

"Were heading tarmack to airlift you to where you will be living during your stay in Valhalla."

"You know I'm leaving with Scootaloo as soon as I can see again."

"I don't honestly think you can at the moment or for the next couple of days. The winds on this mountain make it impossible to fly out."

"What do you mean wind? There was practically no wind at all when I flew in."

"Yes, well you just were extremely lucky. why do you think everyone in this city was trapped here? Its impossible to get down unless you have everyone who lacks flight trained to climb mountains. Actually some pegasi did leave but they were told not to say a word about this place. I'm sure few made it though. And judging from the way you found out about this place, they apparently turned it into some sort of legend."

Rainbow Dash felt like she was being given a lecture by Twilight. It was as annoying as it had always been. She was surprised when her vision went from black to a grey blur. She had let go of Star Swirl's tail and sat on the ground to wait. As light started to register to her eyes, they instinctively tried to focus and it made her dizzy.

"What's wrong with Rainbow?" Scootaloo asked.

"I'm guessing that her vision is starting to return. Am I right Miss Dash?" She nodded and put a hoof to her head. She had a migraine now from her eyes sight and decided to close her eyes and wait out the pain. After two minutes she opened her eyes and saw her hooves on the ground. She then looked up at a worried Scootaloo and hugged her.

"I'm fine squirt. I'm glad I finally get to see you with my own eyes." Scootaloo broke the hug when she saw an intimidating human approaching. Dash turned to see what she was looking at when she saw him.

The human was six feet tall and had tan skin minus his right arm which was a dark red. His hair was green and spiky and he carried a sheathed sword on his back. He wore a red shirt and blue pants which had a hole in the right knee. He walked up with a frown. His expression then turned to a happy one like he had just played a joke on someone. "Hey Beardy! How's it goin'?"

"Ah, of course you would be the first out of cryo sleep. Protrokalos, it has been far too long. How was the sleep?"

"Eh, It was cold. How long has it been ten years?"

"Well, its actually been two thousand. Chris forgot to tell me the password to start the defrost procedures before he went into cryo sleep. I'm going to give the moron a piece of my mind when he wakes up."

"Well you know Chris..."

"Always forgetting, I know." Star Swirl and Protrokalos laughed.

"Eh hem."

"Oh I'm sorry Rainbow Dash I forgot to introduce you. Dash, this is Protrokalos Morrow, the most delightfully random human I've had the pleasure to meet."

"Hey." he held out his hand. Rainbow Dash extended a hoof and he shook it lightly. He then knelt down and extended his hand to Scootaloo who was given a hand/hoof shake. "I know, I look mean and scary but I'm really nice once you get know me."

"Hey I wasn't scared!"

"Yeah, she not scared of anything." Scootaloo added.

"I could kick you flank anytime, anywhere."

"I doubt that." he said chuckling. The only thing you have on me might be speed."

"What do you mean might be?" she said getting into his face.

"I think I may be as fast as you. Maybe faster." he said with a grin.

"Is that a challenge?"

"Maybe it is."

"You know what? I'm not even going to race somepony who can't even fly. It just wouldn't be fair."

"Oh, I can fly. Check this out." Protrokalos set his sword on against the wall and backed up. He brought his wrist to his chest and electricity shot out from his body. With a flash of light he was then he was garbed in golden armor much like Celestia's golden regala. He had two blue transparent wings on his back and he flared them out. Rainbow Dash had to clench her jaw shut to keep it from dropping. His wings were as big as Celestia's.

"How?" she stammered.

"This is transformation three of four. I'd rather not go into how I can do this now, but I can fly and I think I might kick your sorry flank in a race."

"Oh its on!" she yelled. Dash then looked at Scootaloo and sighed. "Maybe some other time, I need to look out for Scootaloo."

"I'll be fine!!! Now go and race him already."

"I can watch Scootaloo while you two race each other." Star Swirl offered.

"Are you sure Scootaloo?"

"Yes! Now go show him who's boss!"

"Alright then, lets race!"


Celestia flew for about an hour when she saw something she never thought she would see here. It was a flying machine. Actually, multiple flying machines flying throughout the city. Some where lifting crates by a wire while others were landing. She saw pegasi in the distance clearing the clouds. She flew past them wondering why they were all wearing clothing. She neared the tallest building when she saw Rainbow Dash being tailed by a human... with wings.

She immediately flew in to save her. She flew in front of the human and flared her wings in front of the human. "You will not hurt any of my subjects!"


In the Griffon Kingdom, all was not well. The King had been overthrown by General Hawkeye because he was believed to be weak after refusing to declare war on Equestria. Gilda and Valian flew away and watched as the capital city of Gryffio burned in the night. They were two of many griffons who had stayed loyal to the King. The Griffon Kingdom's military had split eight to one, the Royalists taking up the minority. They heard the victory chant of the Rebels even at this distance from there burning home. The Royalists were going to leave the country but would soon return. They had to maintain the honor of their species as a whole. Gilda scowled. "Why would that feather brain do this? Declaring war over an insult is dishonorable and pointless."

"You know as well as I do that this is not the time for this. We need to keep moving before the Rebels start to hunt us down." Valian said looking back one last time before he flew off again.

"So where we heading?"

"The only place where we can go. Equestria. The rest of whats left of Royalists are going to regroup there as well. We have to warn them of the coming storm and help them if necessary."

"Well, at least they have a little warning." she said thinking of Rainbow Dash. She may have been mad at the time but it still hurt to lose a friend like that although she didn't show it. She then looked back once again. The hated having to retreat but it was necessary. She would return and help take back the Kingdom one day. She then was shocked when an explosion decimated the Grand Palace. She shook her head and willed herself to move forward.


God with the music, I feel like I should have added end credits and the phrase "TO BE CONTINUED..."