• Published 29th May 2015
  • 278 Views, 0 Comments

MLP: Tales Beyond Equestria - Kenan von Kaiser



This is a story about one pony who must overcome many tragic name including the past of his land and equestria. To find his destiny in the world as he travels the land and even to Equestria as he discovers the power of friendship.

  • ...
 0
 278

Chapter 4 : The Runaway

The rain poured especially in this stormy night as I stared at horror and shock at fatal state that gardenia was in. She was covered in bruises and cuts across her body and it was nothing compared to that really deep cut that stretched from her chest to her cutie mark that was still bleeding on the ground. I could see the agony and tears all across the face. It was such a sight that I empathized her pain, feeling it one my chest as I dropped to the ground stroking her mane. After a while, I taught about her injuries and it was done by a blade, which made me look at my sword and my felt worse that it was covered in blood too. "Did-d I do it?" I said shaking as i turn to face my brother river who refused to look at me. My brother response says it all as I start to cry calling her name as I hug my mom body not letting go saying over and over "I'm sorry mom, i don't remember".

"Please don't cry" Gardenia said under her breath as she struggles to talk.

"MOM your alive quickly heal yourself and then we" interrupted by Gardenia as she shushing me softly.

"I don't think I have the strength to use any magic" she says in a faint weak voice as she places her hoof on me.

"Why did I do this to you, I never ever want to hurt you, I love you mom" I said as my tears drip across my face to the her face.

"I know you wouldn't, but I am glad you did" Gardenia said as she looked up into the sky "because if you didn't Gardenia and even the world would be in terrible danger, your a hero.

"I am not a hero mom, I hurt you bad, i will never forgive myself" I said refusing to be a hero after what I done.

"You are, you just don't know it, i believe you can change do great things just promise me that you forgive yourself and you never doubt yourself. I will always cherish the short time i spent with this family" with those words she closes her eyes and her head and hooves drop to the ground.

"Mom MOM Wake up MOOOOM" I screamed in tears as i just realized my mom was gone and I continue to hug her until her body turned into pure magic. I watched as the sparkling green spirit spread all across the sky, making the rain stopped. Even though the rain stopped, I was still feeling wet water across my face as I also hear River crying as well as I look at him pounding the ground. "WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL MOM YOU SELFISH PUNK" I took my anger out on him by rushing him and punching him in the face sending him flying back.

"That's enough son" War Ton said as he grabbed my tail stopping me from attacking River "The damage was to severe for someone with your brother's skill to heal". After he explained that, I started to calm down and collapse my self in sorrow and grief over what happened to my mother. "Let's go inside son" War Ton said sincerely as he walked to Sky Runner to pick him up and but him in his back and is followed by River.

"Aren't we gonna plan a funeral for mom" i said to War Ton as I got up from wallowing state.

"We can't do that son" War Ton said as he stopped to move to answer his question.

"Why Dad How can you be so selfish?" I yelled at my dad feeling as emotions ran high.

"IF THE OTHER STALLION FOUND OUT, THEN YOUR MOTHER FOREST WILL BE DESTROYED" War Ton yelled in a loud firm voice that forced me to stay shut and waked Sky Runner up.

"W-what happened" Sky runner said as he is barely conscious.

"Go back to sleep, I will explain later" War Ton Said softly, which was rare of him,and then he turned to face me. "Get inside Burning" War Ton said as he entered the cabin with Sky Runner and River.

"Coming" I said back to my dad as I walked back into the cabin, but not before I looked into the sky thinking about Gardenia and missing her so much. An hour later, I was laying on my bed thinking about Gardenia and the future without her. I couldn't sleep because I can't stop imagining world without her and also Sky Runner found out and he is been crying loudly non-stop. I covered my ears as I watch my brother River who was sleeping in his sound proof magic bubble. I wondered why my dad wasn't coming in here to stop my little brother from crying, i believe he must be upset to and I wouldn't blame him he may act tough, but in matters like this he must be emotional. Another hour has gone by and Sky Runner finally fell asleep, but I am still awake the thoughts of Gardenia was to much and I can't live in this cabin or even in this land if everything reminds me of my mom. So I finally decided to leave this cabin and run away from home cause I am unable to live at home if I can't stop thinking about my mom. I grabbed my sword from under my bed with my tell, but dropped it immediately because I just realized that this was the sword that killed Gardenia. "Can't use that where am I gonna get a better sword" I whispered as I drop my sword and looked out the window to think. I finally know where to get a better weapon and just before I was about to jump out the window, Sky Runner woke up.

"Brother where are you going" Sky Runner said with a yawn as he rubbed his eye.

"Um, I'm going away for a while bro" I lied as I walk up to him rubbing his mane "please go to back to sleep I will see you soon".

"But bro..." Sky Runner said before he got knocked out by my hoof punch out.

"Sorry Bro I will miss you" I said as I jumped out the window and start running into the forest. "Their is one place where I can get a better sword" I said as I start climbing large tree to get a better view "Neighwanstallion Castle, Let's do this". I jumped of the tree and landed onto roof and started to roof jumping my way to the castle preparing my mind for the infiltration a castle that belongs to the one and only Grand Master War Ton, my father. After a while of Roof Jumping, I managed to reach outside the Neighwanstallion Castle as I hide in the trees surveying the castle grounds to see that the Gardenia Earth Pony soldiers have this place locked up tight. "Just as I thought their are guards everywhere" I said upset that this was harder than I thought "OK calm down Burning think what did my dad taught me". I start to remember all the times my dad let us in the castle and figure out the best route to take, but first I need to find an entrance to take in order to get inside. I spent many minutes circling the castle, hoping from tree to tree, searching for a opening until managed to find a opening near the center pathway that is suspended up in the air. "There we go" I said quietly hoping through the tree till i reach under the pathway and start to up and the side of the pathway. I watched one of the tower waiting for the guard to be out of my view and once he was out of view, I start to climb fast and managed to reach the roof of the path way and hide behind a ledge to avoid being seen by the guards. "This is insane, I can't believe I am breaking into a maximum secure castle" I said out of disbelief and out of breath as I look outward and notice how high up I am "Whoa I am so high up". I shake my head regaining my focus as I said to myself "calm down burning you got this". I wait for the guard to move out of place, then I rushed into a window and use my armor boot to slowly cut a circle in the glass and place it away from the inside of the house. I finally infiltrated the castle and entered the grand ball room, where they dance and discuss politics, and I avoid touching the ground floor because their are guards all over the floor and up on the inside balcony that circles the entire ball room floor. As I entered the balcony, I saw a guard turning the corner towards me. In a instinct, I jumped out the balcony, grabbed the pole and circled around the guard, avoiding his eye locking towards me and land on the right side of the inside balcony. Once I was able to pass the guard without his knowing, I quietly sprinted across the balcony until I stopped at the entrance to a hallway and looked both direction for guards to see if it's safe to cross. "Close is clear" I whispered as I jump to the ceiling corners and walk across the upper wall, bouncing from wall to wall quietly, until I reached the corridor room, where guards sleep when their shifts is over. I decide to walk on the floor as I said "OK their are no guards here, so now to find the armory, wherever it is" I was trying to look for a map around the corridor until something crossed my mind "wait forget the armory I know where to get a better weapon". I smirked as I walked down the hall and head to the place where to get a awesome new weapon, the throne room. I knew where that was, so I headed down the hall, opened the door quietly to the stairs, noticed their were guards watching the window which made it easier for me for me to get passed them and head downstairs. I reached the bottom of the steps to look at the keyhole to check for guards. With no guards in sight, I opened the door, and walked carefully down the hall as I know the next corner is the entrance to the throne room. I slowly walked up the corner to see who was guarding the door and I was upset to find its my dad's 3rd and 4th strongest Earth pony guards Stone Heart, a a big gray armored stallion with no mane and a small tail, and on his left was Zigzag, a slender yellow armored stallion with yellow and green spiky mane and tail also caring a chain Kama on his back, they quickly saw me before i got my head out of their view.

"Who goes their" Stone Heart said in serious tone as he taught her saw somepony around the corner.

"You see something mate" Zigzag said with a weird accent as he tried not to fall asleep. In my mind I was in trouble and hoping he would forget about, but at the same time I am looking for a way out that doesn't involve going back.

"I believe I saw a small horse pass by." Stone Heart says as he motion his hooves to Zigzag signaling him to move closer, but quietly.

"Dang" I whisper as I can see their shadow getting closer. I quickly look around and fight a small vent in front of me on top of the wall. I quickly took action and rushed into the vent and pulled the vent grate of with my tail and quickly scuttle inside the vent, and dropped the vent grate not having time to hide or reattach it.

Stone Heart looks around looks around the corner and doesn't see burning blitz their "It's gone" Stone Heart turns to look at the open vent.

"Must have been a rat Stone head" Zigzag said with chuckle as he join Stone Heart.

"A rat can't rip apart bolted vent gate" Stone Head replied as they both stare at the vent in wonder.

As I escaped from Stone Heart and Zigzag, I start crawling hoping to find a way closer to the throne room. Lucky for me, I was really close to the throne room that it was just only 2 left turns in the vent. I took to left turns as I crawled in the tight damp vents to another vent grate that leads to the throne room. After spending a few good minutes trying to get it open without using force like the last one, I got it open and quickly grabbed it with my mouth before it hit the ground. "That was close" I mumbled as I whispered with a grate in my mouth. I jumped swiftly to the ground, placing the grate gently on the ground as I walked around the throne room. The throne room was enormous as the wall were had gold, some painting of past leaders, red cross and many display of relics from the past not to mention the luxury throne with and soft cushy red cushion. While admiring the sights of the throne room, I was able to find what I was looking for. "Found it, the Dämon-Schwert" I said with admiration of a amazing weapon a dark sword with red cross in the center with horns on the side that has colors from yellow to red and also the same color is located in the center of the sword "That's one cool looking sword".

"It is a beauty don't you think" A deep voice said behind the throne chair.

"Yeah...w-wait who said that" I said surprised as I look around trying to figure out who said that. I looked at the throne chair and see the wall slowly revolving with the War Ton sitting in the throne switching places with the other throne chair. "Dad how did you get here" I asked wondering how he knew where I was.

"I know many secrets that I don't share with my sons and as for how I knew you were here. I heard your brother talking just before you knocked him out" he said in a chuckles as he walks his way towards me. "Getting here before you was really easy since this is my castle" War Ton said with a smirk as he rubs his hoof in my mane, "I am impressed you managed to sneak in here without detection and for what reason do you have for being in here and for trying to steal the Dämon-Schwert?"

"Well It's none of your business" I said without telling him the reason of why I want to run away.

"Your not thinking of using this weapon, no one can access this sword's power, so why not just head back home son" War Ton said as he attempts to escort me out of the throne room.

Many thoughts of me returning home without Gardenia has flowed into my mind as it convinced me to refuse my dad's request. "NO" I yelled as I grabbed his hoof and use it to jump high and kick War Ton in the head.

"You little" War Ton said as he hissed from being hit in the back and let out a whistle to call his guards, making Stone Heart and Zigzag burst into the throne room, "Escort my son outside the castle, use force if you have to".

I took a step back intimidated by the three toughest earth stallion of all Guardania, as Stone heart and Zigzag step forward towards me as the readied themselves to force me out. "Its over kid, come quietly or were gonna put the hurt on you." Stone Heart said with a confident grin on his face.

"Either way, you lose so do me a favor and give up kid, so I can get some sleep" Zigzag said with a confident smirk as he grabs the closer chain of the kama with his tail and end of the chain with his teeth. He twirls the kama with a tail which is generating a light-green electric energy on his kama.

I was really intimidated by there two strong stallions and whats worse I have no weapon, but I didn't give up. I stood my ground and stared at the two stallions with a serious look in my face.

"Check it out Stone Heart, this colt thinks he can take us, let me give you a reality check" Zigzag said with a smirk as he throws his electric chained kama at me. I immediately jumped to me left avoiding the attack, but a shadow encased me as Stone heart jumped towards me and was delivering a powerful punch to me. Fortunately, I stepped back dodging Stone Hearts punch as his punch creates a crater when he struck the ground. Zigzag then rotated his chained kama counter-clockwise which went over War Ton's head and aiming for my legs. I saw it coming as I used my tail to jump over it, but it was a setup cause Stone heart jumped over the kama and towards me, delivering a powerful punch into my chest sending me crashing into the glass wall case that was holding the Dämon-Schwert.

"Slippery little fella" Stone heart said as he flexes his wrist hoof. I felt a sore in my back and chest from the punch. I looked back and notice I was sent crashing into the Dämon-Schwert, so I used this opportunity to grab the case from the wall with my tail and hoof and throw it on the floor, forcing Stone heart to step back to avoid the heavy case from falling on him. I jumped of the wall and ran to the sword that slid towards the throne and I was able to grab it with my tail.

"Got it" I said with excitement, but before I could celebrate Stone Heart gave me a strong bear hug, squeezing me really tight, and making me scream in tremendous pain.

"No, I got you kid" Stone heart says as he turns to signal Zigzag, "Now Zigzag".

"Got it Stoney" Zigzag replied as he begins to wrap around me with Stone heart with the electric chain. I was able to escape Stone Heart's grip by biting his nose as he flinches.

"YEOUCH YOU LITTLE PUNK" Stone heart shouted in anger as his nose was bleeding and the kama was fully rapped him, sending an electric surge through Stone Heart's body. I ran quickly to wear the sword was and picked it up with my tail, and at that moment I felt the magic of the sword flow through me like a overwhelming summer heat scorching me the inside of my body. I drop to me knee as I struggled to endure this incredible surge of energy coursing throughout my body.

"What's going on with him" Zigzag said as he drags Stone Heart closer to War Ton for protection as he wonders what is happening, but at the same time cautions of what power the Dämon-Schwert possess.

"He is feeling the full force of the sword's power. No we see if my son can with stand the force of the Dämon-Schwert's power or will it turn him into a pile of ash." War Ton said with a emotionless deep tone as he watches me struggle to withstand the sword's incredible power.

"But he is your son, what if he doesn't make it" Stone Heart said worried and curious of War Ton's lack of emotion towards his son.

"AAAAAAAAAAARHG" I let out a large war cry, feeling the full heat of the sword's power, as I forced the energy to my tail and gave it one swiped with my tail in my dad and his guards direction. The magic made its way to the sword which released a powerful fire slice that was as long as the entire width of the front side of the throne room. War Ton held out his two metal hooves to block the attack, though attack pierce through the metal hooves, it wasn't deep enough to rip my dad's hooves off only gave him a burning cut across his hooves. Unfortunately for Stone Heart and Zigzag, the giant fire slice send them crashing through the wall and crashed into another wall in the other room, giving them a massive, burning, slash marks across their bodies which knock them unconscious. "Whoa.... did I...do that" I said catching my breath as I felt my entire energy just escaped my body. I didn't stay their to long as I place my sword in a one side fits all sheath and ran towards throne chair and sat on it as I hit every part of it hoping to activate the rotating wall. Eventually, I hit the right one and the wall started to turn, but it stopped halfway, because my dad recovered and grabbed the wall stopping it's rotation.

"Who says you could leave?" My dad said as he grins at me while struggling to hold the door and also the rest of the guards finally arrived as he looks back at them "Don't just stand their capture my son". With that call the guards immediately rushed towards me trying to capture me.

"Gotta go dad, Thanks for holding the door for me" I said being cheeky as poke my dad's snout, then I quickly ran through the opening through the secret passage behind the throne room wall.

"YOU BRAT" War Ton yelled in anger as he breaks the wall to chase after me with his guards right behind him.

As I ran my through this secret path, I noticed that the sword wasn't hurting me anymore. Did the sword deemed me worthy to carry it or was the protective magic around it gone when I endure and released it at Stone Heart and Zigzag. Before I could figure this sword out, I reached a dead end, which was just a stone wall and a torch. "Dang Dead End! Pffft yeah right, I'm not that stupid" I said as I rolled my eyes and jiggled the torch causing the stone wall to slide to the right and without hesitation I ran through the pathway. Unfortunately, their was no ground only 640 feet down into the forest. "Holy Crap" I yelled out of shock as I looked down realizing my situation which almost gave me a heart attack. I almost fell before I used my tail to grab the edge of the secret path as I let out a deep breath of relief, regaining my inner composer and slowing down my heart rate to normal.

"You enjoyed the surprise" War Ton said with grin as he walked to the edge with his guards behind him and looking down at me.

"NO AND HOW DID YOU GET UP HERE" I yelled asking him how in the world did he get up here.

"I jumped" War Ton said in a calm with smirk on his face.

"You suck" I said as he gave me a smart ass answer.

"You have no where to go son, I am impressed you came this far, but It's time for you to come home where you belong" War Ton said as he reaches his hoof toward me.

"I can't go back, I'll never come back home, I want to forget everything that I have done" I argued back at my dad refusing to go back home as I hold back my tears.

"You'll get over it son. Besides you have no where to go and if you leave you will be tried as a criminal for stealing the sword and be a enemy of Guardania. Now don't be a idiot and make the right choice." War Ton said as he stares and me with a stern glare awaiting my decision.

I looked down at the 640 feet down at the forest and back up at the stern look of my dad. After deciding, I made my choice as my face went from frustrated to serious "Bye dad" I said as I released my tail grip and start to fall head first into the forest. Just before I was in the forest, I kick the wall and wall jumped into forest, reducing my downward descent a bit as I try to land on a branch. I broke 3 branches before jumping off a solid branch and continued to jump from branch to branch as I tried continue to escape from my dad and his guards.

"DON'T JUST STAND THEIR LANCERS SHOOT HIM DOWN" War Ton said in anger as his son not only stole the relic sword but disobeyed his father.

"Isn't that your son sir" one guard questioned his decision.

"He is a thief now and we can't show any remorse for thieves. Don't question me" War Ton yelled at the guard before throwing him of the cliff as he let out a Wilhelm scream before plummeting to his doom.

"YES SIR" the guards said as they saluted him with a hint of fear as the lancer get into position taking aim with their energy lances as it starts to glow with yellow magic, as it charges its attack.

"FIRE" War Ton yelled at the top of his lung signaling the lancers to fire their lance creating a yellow laser that fires into the forest.

While jumping to tree to tree, I heard my dad yell the word fire as I look back trying to figure out what he meant. "Fire what is going OH MAN" I said freaking out as I see the laser being fire at me and I attempt to dodge them by jumping from branch to branch hoping to avoid a direct hit and falling tree. One of the laser was heading straight for me, but I was in mid-air so I couldn't dodge it. I quickly pulled out my new sword to block it and not only did it block, but it absorbed the laser which surprised me. "Did it just absorb the laser, coool" I said impressed by this weapon.

"So that's the Dämon-Schwert's power" War Ton said, but as he was impressed he realized what will happen next with that stored energy and turn to his guards and yelled "GET DOWN"

I landed on another branch and i focused at the castle "Alright time to return the favor" I said as I swiped my tail with the sword on it which sent the stored laser attack back at the castle in the form of a yellow fire slash. The fire slash destroyed the ledge knocking the guards back and some off the ledge to their deaths. "That will shut them up for a bit" I said with a smirk on my face as I returning to jumping through the trees as I escaped the range of the castle and eventually the forest.

War Ton looked up at the damage he caused and he angrily said to the guards "Sound the alarm and call in the Pegasus troops, he must not escape".

"Yes Grand Master" one guard said as the guards follow War Ton's every word.

A few minutes later, I returned back to town, but just then I hear a loud sound coming from the castle. "That must be the alarm, OK burning where do you go next. Hmm the train is the best bet. I just have to pick the one that is leaving faster and I am gone." I said to myself as I look run around the roof tops of the building looking for the train station. "C'mon where is it, I don't have time for this" I said frustrated as I wasted several minutes running through buildings.

"How about back to where you came" a familiar voice said as he stood right behind me.

"Who said that?" I said as I turn around to see it was River "River! I don't have time for you. Get out of my way."

"I will but I am just going to tell the guards that your heading to the train station" River said with grin across his face.

"Then I will have to shut you up bro" I said as I drew my new weapon and held it in my teeth.

"Scary sword, you think that can stop ME" River said sarcastically as he fired a blue laser magic from his horn. I blocked it with my sword absorbing its magic as my brother said in surprised "How did you steal my attack".

"That's a secret, but if you want it back then take it" I said firing his own attack back at him in a form of a purple fire slash. I didn't aim for him I aimed for the roof tiles that was in front of him causing the debris to blind him a bit. Then I rushed in and uppercut him and while in mid-air I spin kicked him off the roof knocking him unconscious for a second. "Sorry bro, gotta go" I said being coy as I hear the train station and i placed the sword back in my sheath and I head in the direction of the sound of the train.

After I left the guards found River and said to him "You OK, what happened kid" as they checked his injury

"The person your looking for is at the train station" River said before he fell asleep and the guards carried him to the hospital while some persued Burning Blitz.

I finally arrived at the train station as I just head for the train that was just leaving to avoid being caught. "Gotta catch that train" I said to myself as I ran for that train before it reaches it top speed. In just a few moment, I grabbed the railing of the end of the train and began to climb on top of the train that was traveling crazy fast. "OK not my best idea, but it's the only one I have" I said a bit unsure about this idea, but I couldn't go inside the carts, because I might get snitched out if the guards decided to stop this train for expection. After running from one cart to another on the top of one and avoiding the hazards I made it to the cargo area and entered it from the roof top. "This looks like a safe place. Now finally I can get some sleep" I said relieved that I was able to get away as I slowly rest on some sugar sack and eat some hay, while I get some rest. An hour of rest later and the train started to slow down which woke me up. "huh what's going on? Did I reach the train station" I said a bit groggy as I looked ahead and noticed some Pegasus Guardanian soldiers waiting for the train to stop and I immediately panicked. "Crap their here gotta hide gotta hide" I looked for the perfect place to hide in the cargo. I bumped into this colorful large jar which was hissing which freaked me out a bit as I said "What was that". I looked down and read the label "Snake Jar: Handle with care". "Snake Jar that's perfect, no one will expect to look in their" I said with glee as I opened the jar and a King Cobra popped it's head out which caught me off guard for a sec. It let out a large hiss before it tried to strike me with quickness. My reaction was quicker, as I dodged and squeezed parts of its body killing it instantly. "Not today silly snake" I said being cheeky as I looked down into the jar seeing that their was no other snake in their and got inside the jar with the dead cobra in it and closed the jar lid.

The train finally stopped and the guards opened the cargo cart where I was and start to search around the place for me. I hear on guard head for the snake jar and as was about touched the jar I let out hiss sound hoping it will convince him. "Alright all clear, you can move along if you see this colt please let us know" guard said holding a poster of burning blitz "He maybe just a colt, but he is dangerous and he has a weapon of unknown power"

"Oh my I will be sure to give a call when I see him" Conductor said worried and surprised by how dangerous this colt is.

"See that you do" guard said as they fly off and the train eventually started to move again.

"Phew, I made it and now I can finally get some rest" I said in relief as I get comfy inside this jar, and throwing the snake out the cart. "I wonder where I am heading now" I said looking up wondering what lies beyond my final stop into the new world. "I'm gonna miss my home, but where ever this train takes me, I will start my new life, a new adventure awaits me and it will help me forget about the past and focus on the future" I said smiling wide and excited to what lies ahead. I slowly start to fall asleep wondering what power this sword has and the curiosity of where this train will take me.

With that in mind, I finally fell asleep waiting to be woken up when I arrived at the new world.

(THIS IS THE Dämon-Schwert)