• Published 29th May 2015
  • 278 Views, 0 Comments

MLP: Tales Beyond Equestria - Kenan von Kaiser



This is a story about one pony who must overcome many tragic name including the past of his land and equestria. To find his destiny in the world as he travels the land and even to Equestria as he discovers the power of friendship.

  • ...
 0
 278

Chapter 3 A Unforgettable Day

The Morning sun rose from atop of the trees as my brothers and I tried to sleep in. Unfortunately, War Ton had other plans and as usually he blew his loud horn waking us immediately with us jumping out of our beds. We groaned as we headed out of our room and head straight to the dining room and took our normal seats as we waited for Gardenia to appear with our food. After waiting I can see River tapping his hooves really fast and I turn to Sky Runner was just trembling. Before I could ask my brothers, Gardenia walked in greeting us with kisses in our foreheads before heading to the kitchen. I wondered why my brothers weren't smiling from the kisses from our mom.

Just then River Drop leaned into me and whispered. "Wow Burning you really are good at hiding your fear, it's is like your not even afraid"

"Why do I have to be afraid, what's going on?" I said out of confusion and worried of what is happening. My words left River groaning as he covered his face with his left hoof.

"You don't remember we are fighting dad", Sky Runner said with fear in his voice still shaking as he knows its coming.

"REALLY DID YOU FORGET" he yelled out of frustration, worried that I have forgotten the plan.

"Oh yeah that, don't worry I didn't forget we are still gunna win" I said reassured that we are gunna walk out of this as winners. As I Sky Runner calmed down a bit and River just stared at me, unsure if I was all their, I was thinking about what I heard last night and wondering what is this great disaster that will happen soon. These thoughts circled in my mind which overpower my thoughts and fears of fighting my father. I spent the time constantly thinking about this disaster until Gardenia teleported in with some toast, fried eggs and orange juice for each of member of our family.

"Alright breakfast is ready. Sorry for the wait those chickens can be a handful even with my magic" She said as she grimed at the struggle she did to get those eggs. she sat down on her spot to eat with us.

War Ton walked his way into the dining room and took his spot as he greeted us at the table "morning everyone so my sons are you ready for today's lesson?" he said chuckling under his breath making my brothers and i bit worried.

"Don't scare the kids like that" Gardenia intervened slapping him in his arm. "So what did you bring to breakfast War Ton" she asked him with a sigh following it.

"I decided not to bring some meat this time" War Ton said casually while everyone else was surprised that he didn't bring us meat since before we were born.

"Oh what happened couldn't find anything?" she asked him with a happy tone that for once he didn't bring another animal meat.

"I decided to have a change in heart for the whole meat thing" he said while eating some eggs "I hate seeing you upset or hurt in any way"

"Oh War Ton" said as her eyes sparkled and gave him a large hug and kiss on his cheek "I love that you care, but you don't have to change for me, but at least you understand how I feel"

"I can never forget about your feelings" War Ton said with a sincere tone in his voice "it just took me long enough to start"

Sky Runner easily bought into the idea of love, but as for me and River we think their is something more to War Ton meaning of no meat today. I believe that it may be connected to what I saw last night as the word hurt had something to do with that weird magic from yesterday and the the threat of us and Guardenia.

"Now enough of that" Gardenia said blushing at War Ton and returning her focus the her colts "dig in I don't want you to be hungry for another day with your father".

My brothers and I groaned as reminded us on the appending battle with our father. My family chow down on Gardenia breakfast that she had worked hard to make. Even without the meat, her food stills taste really good. After a few minutes of eating all of Gardenia food, Gardenia used her magic to transport the food remain to the ground for fertilizer and the plates back on the shelves. War Ton tilted his head in the direction of the door that leads outside to signal my brothers and I to head outside for our battle. Gardenia heads outside with her colts closely by her as they believe it is safe with her then with him.

"Don't be afraid" He said with huge grin on his face as he chuckles "it will be over soon".

Gardenia rolls her eyes and is surprised at Sky Runner holding her neck out of fear "Honestly War Ton are you trying to scare the kids". He looks down at her sons as let out a calming smile, "Don't worry I will be back before you know it" then she returned to face her husband "Now don't make it to hard or your sleeping outside again".

War Ton sighed and replied ,"I'll try" as he was chuckling from under his breath.

Gardenia sighed as she teleported a few feet away from her sons making Sky Runner fall to the ground. She bend down and got to our eye level as she whispered "Now be careful and remember you must always have each others back no matter what" Gardenia said with a serious My brothers and I nod our heads in agreement which but a smile on her face. "Good now I will be back in a little while. So don't worry I will fix all your boo-boos" she giggled as she gave us all kisses in our foreheads as she start to fly.

"MOM" we all said in embarrassment as we then started to wave farewell for now to our mom who is flying to the farther side of her forest.

"Now Then" he interrupted making my brother and I turn our focus to him to see him grinning "Shall we get started?"

We stared into the eyes of our father as we are ready ourselves for the fight of our lives. I return my focus to brothers to give some last minutes reminder of our plan. "Alright bros remember our plan" I whispered to them as we gather in a huddle, "River remember those spells it will be our greatest asset" I whispered as I look at River then facing the nervous Sky Runner "Don't be scared just remember your position and you should be fine and as for me I will be in front dealing with him"

"Be careful big brother" Sky Runner whispered nervously worried for my safety.

"Don't Die OK" River whispered less worried but more snarky.

"let's take him down" I yelled with a grin on my face as we place my hooves in the middle as my two brothers shared in my grin and hoofed bump my hoof.

War Ton heard my yell as he got a little chuckle "I admire your enthusiasm, but will it be enough to beat your old stallion" he said as he warms up with some shoulder roll. "NOW" He yelled slamming his hooves on the ground creating a crater beneath him, "COME AT ME"

My brothers and I took our positions from our plan as I stood up front and ready, River stayed behind me concentrating on his magic and Sky Runner flying in between us. "Go" I yelled making the first move in the fight. I rushed in charging straight at War Ton as readies himself. Half way to War Ton, Sky Runner flew right past me with great speed as he does a flying kick aimed at War Ton's head. War Ton was ready to punch him out the sky, but just when he was about land the blow, Sky Runner teleported away. War Ton was surprised and dropped his guard as I uppercut him directly under his chin which made contact. However, War Ton didn't flinch him. I then used a reverse kick in mid-air, but he manage to block it with both of his hoof, which made me bounce off of them. War Ton then launched himself forward slamming his hooves in front of me, but I reacted quickly by jumping back and pulling out my sword with my tail, which was charged up. I spin my body and swipe my tail to create a fire slice wave to shoot directly at my father. However, while my father hind hooves was in the air, he managed to flip forward, over my fire slice wave and locked his two front hooves together as he slammed the ground creating a enormous crater beneath him. War Ton looked under him as he sees that I wasn't their which left him confused. Sky Runner flew in from behind and covered his eyes which made him buck in random direction like a raging bull. As soon as Sky Runner let go of his eyes, River launched a powerful blue magic beam that sent him stumbling backwards.

He groaned as he was still on his hooves "I must say ...that was a well executed attack, but it will take a lot more than fancy movement to stop this old stallion" he said before he rushes to us now.

I appeared from behind River "Your right now phase 2" I yelled as all my brothers nod in agreement as they are ready for the next phase of the plan.

River teleported away, no where to be in sight as me and Sky Runner proceeded to rush at War Ton to fight him hoping our previous attacks weakened him. Sky Runner flew to provide back up as I engaged War Ton in a one on one battle of brawn. I used my tail to grab my sword and strike him in ever direction, but War Ton blocked every single on of them with his iron hooves. Same goes for me avoiding each of his devastating punches so that I don't take too much damage. After a while, War Ton raised his hooves as he was ready to slam them onto me with tremendous force. Fortunately, I was ready for it. I did a back flip which created a powerful upper slice, but he was quick for his size and jumped back and launched himself at me, unable to get out of the way. As soon as War Ton was in the air, Sky Runner came in to stop them by latching himself onto his head and continue to punch him. War Ton, in one head motion, bucked Sky Runner of his head only be caught by another back flip slice. War Ton was able to block it with one hoof, but his stance had been weakened and he was on two as tries not to fall over.

"FULL POWER" I yelled signaling my brother to teleport himself in front of me. His horn was glowing bright blue and you can see the blue electric surge of magic coursing throughout his body as he yelled and firing a massive and spiral beam directly at War Ton body sending him flying back and the ground has a dirt trail from the beam.

"I'm all out of magic" Sky Runner said as he dropped to his knees exhausted "now finish him"

Me and Sky Runner nodded as I looked up at Sky Runner "The Final Phase has Started. Sky Runner you know what to do." I finally believe we could defeat a Grandmaster, so I yelled at Sky Runner with all my heart, "INITIATE FINAL PHASE: SPIRAL TAKE DOWN" Sky Runner nodded his head and flew up so high into the sky you can't see him. He used all 6 of his wing's strength and flew down, at the same time, twirling his body creating a spiral dash that even broke the sound barrier. I looked up and grinned at amazing sight of my brothers attacks as I know victory was ours. I slowly returned my glance at my dad and my smile was wiped off. War Ton was back on his hooves and was staring right at Sky Runner Spiral Dash. I yelled to Warn Sky Runner "STOOOOOOP SkyRu....." , it was too late as War Ton, in one head motion, lifted his head and stopped Sky Runner Spiral dash with a back head attack. Sky Runner body did a full back flip from the impact.While War Ton's head was at the peak of height, he brought Sky Runner down with downward headbutt, knocking him unconscious.

"You almost had me going for a second" War Ton said with a smirk on his face as he pushes throws Sky Runner's away.

"H-HOW?" River said as he slowly got up, still having some energy left."No Pony can get up from my magic that fast" he said surprised and angrily

I taught that too, but I admit that my dad was a Juggernaut. Unfortunately, I didn't expect him to endure so much and be able to stop Sky Runner rush. "No wonder our dad became the Grandmaster" I said while staring at my unconscious brother angered.

"Relax my son, Sky Runner will be fine" War Ton said as he wiped the smirk off his face and started to launch his body at the weakened River, "YOU SHOULD FOCUS MORE ON YOUR SELF"

With instinct, he found enough magic to teleport away from the attack, but due to the lack of thinking he couldn't teleport far. War Ton landed and did a quick roll jump and found a big rock to throw in the direction where River just teleported. "What the" he said as he was caught of guard and tried to put up force field, but no more magic left. River was struck by a large rock in the face, and was sent flying back hitting the tree knocking him out as well. I stared at the unconscious River horrified at the amount of strength that War Ton possesses, but not losing my spirit, I returned my attention to War Ton was now staring at me with a grin on his face. "I wouldn't smile if I was you dad" I said with confident I need to defeat him "I am still standing and I will not let me plan go to waste". I was now as serious as I can be. I drew my sword with my tail and rushed at my father as I let out war cry.

"That's my boy" he grimed as he rushes towards me "I WILL SHOW YOU THE TRUE POWER OF A GRAND MASTER". With those words he hopped and, with a huge surprise, War Ton did some sort of rolling cartwheel and was heading towards me.

"WHAT THE -" I yelled in shock but had not time to finish my sentence as I tried to block this. Unfortunately, I was unable to block this attack as he ran right through it, sending me backwards into a tree. Just before I hit the tree, I used my tail as a spring to bounce of it. I return my attention to my father who was in the air. Without hesitation, I ran as fast I can, away from where he was gunna land. As he struck the ground, not only did it create a crater, but a shock wave sending me flying back along with River and Sky Runner. I struggled to get up on my hooves from the powerful shock wave, After I got to my hooves, War Ton launched several rocks at me, which I quickly use my sword to destroy the rocks. Unfortunately due to my injury, some rocks got through my defense and hit me in my legs, chest and eye. This left me stunned as I held my eye in pain, which gave my dad time to rush in and with both hooves clamped together he power uppercut me in the air. While only being a few feet in the air, he grabbed my tail with his teeth and my legs with his hooves to yank and slammed me to the ground with so much force that it knocked out all the air out of me. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get up and no matter how much I try not to cry, I couldn't hold it back. I cried as not only in pain, but the fact that I lost and all my planning has failed.

"A warrior doesn't cry" War Ton said with a firm deep voice. "you should be proud of your accomplishment". I stopped crying and stared at him "If this was executed on any gardenian elite, then this would e a guarantee win" He smiled at me "Son I..." War Ton was interrupted by female scream.

"WAR TON!!! WHAT IN ALL THAT IS PURE HAPPENED HERE!" Gardenia screamed in shock from the skies as she saw her three sons unconscious. She flew down with great speed to confront War Ton "what kind of training did you put these colts through" Gardenia said as she stared with a stern look in her eyes at War Ton's eye.

"It was a simple sparring match between them and me" War Ton said in surprisingly calm manner.

"SIMPLE" she yelled as showed pointed her hooves to each of her sons "look at what you did! Why did you fight them and why did you not go easy on them their just colts" she explained turning her anger into disbelief and worryness over her sons.

"I am preparing them for the real world for when they face real danger" War Ton explained to Gardenia trying to calm her down.

"THEY ARE JUST COLTS ARRGH" She yelled louder which cause the dark energy to surge her body.

"Gardenia please calm down" War Ton warned Gardenia as he caresses her trying to calm her down until the dark energy disappeared.

"I am fine now" she said after taking a deep breath and exhaling tired from that little situation. Gardenia's horn glowed green as she used her magic to encase me and my brothers in flower buds. Then the flower buds began to shrink to actually bud size and she used her magic to levitate the three tiny rose bud and puts them in her mouth. Gardenia began to swish them around in her mouth and then spit use in the ground. After a few seconds, the three flower buds grew to normal size and opened up revealing not only a beautiful flower, but ourselves, fully healed and no wounds.

"I will never understand your ways" War Ton said in confusion to her way of healing.

"Yeah I know" Gardenia looked back at War Ton winking at him.

"Ugh what happened" I said rubbing my mane then stretching my limbs out "Did I win?". I thought for a sec and replied "Damn" fall on my back covering my face in shame.

Sky Runner sighed in relief "well at least it's over"

River looked at me and said "i knew it wouldn't work, I was right"

"Shut up I am not in the mood" I yelled at River stressed out of our defeated.

"Calm down you two" Gardenia intervened trying to distress the issue. Her horned glowed as she lifts me and my brothers close to her to hug them "you did your very best and I am proud of you all" she said with a smile as she hugged and kissed each one of us. "Now if you will excuse me" she said as she gently dropped us on the ground "It's my turn to deal with your father, inside the house". This left a smile on War Ton's face which made Gardenia reply "Wipe the smile on your face because it won't be pleasant" she said with a smirk as she escorts him inside the cabin. she turns to my brothers and I with a smile on her face "have some fun until sundown ok"

"Yes mam" me and my brothers said all together as our parents entered the cabin.

"I don't know about you, but I am heading into town" River said as he walked in the direction of town.

"Right their with you" I shouted out to River and then I turn to face Sky Runner and said with a smirk "Wanna race?. Sky Runner readies himself for a race but i shouted out really fast "1,2,3 GO!" and dashed with great speed into town. I was in the lead until a light green flash zipped by me and Sky Runner was able to beat me their in no time. I reached him, without being tired" and said "Dang Your really fast with those 3 sets of wings".

"What are you talking about I was here first" said River with a smug look on his face.

"Teleporting doesn't count, River" i replied with a smirk on my face

"Whatever, I am heading to the library to see if they have some new spell books. I will meet you back at the cabin at sunset" River waves his hooves as he trots down the road to the library.

"c'mon bro let's check out the cities" i said I walk down the rod full of other ponies walking around, minding their business, some staring at us because of our armors and my brothers 3 set of wings as we she tall brick building.

"Brother their staring" Sky Runner said nervously as he flies by me

"It's alright they always stare at solider ponies especially young ones like ourselves just stick with me and you will be alright" I said, but ironically my brother got distracted by special event full of guardania best fliers putting on a air show. "hmm, bro?", I said as I turn to find my brother staring at a poster and run towards him "What are you looking at Sky Runner"?

"Their is a air show today" Sky Runner said with glee as he turns to me "Can we go Sky Runner please"?

"We maybe a little late getting back, but sure why not Gardenia won't mind" I said to my brother as I gallop my way to the air show "LET'S GO". Me and Sky Runner race to the air show, but this time I got their first because my brother got lost along the way.

Sky Runner flew high in the air to search for me. Eventually he found me and flew back down to me in a instant. "Sorry bro, I forgot the address" he said rubbing his mane with a innocent smile on his face.

"it's alright, you made it just in time the show is about to begin" I said patting my brother on his back and escorted him to the front of the crowd, which was easy since we are guardania knights. We sat back and watch the guardanian pegasus with a green and red bolt jumpsuits with pilot shades as they flew around with tremendous speed and amazing synchronized flying routine. The crowds ooooo's and aaaa's are heard throughout the field. The flyers finish their routine with a bang which made me, Sky Runner and crowds stomp their hooves and cheer for an amazing performance.

The leader of the Guardanian elite flyers flew up to the podium to address the crowd. "Thank you Germaneigh for coming to our show, I would like to take this time to issue a little challenge" he said out loud which makes the crowd start talking as he reaches in his bag to pull out a golden wing trophy. "If you can beat me, Lightning flash, in a race you will receive this autograph trophy" Flash said with a smirk "Now you want some, come get some". This made the crowd go silence, but one person.

"Yo lightning, my bro can beat you" I yelled holding my brother, Sky Runner, up.

This made the crowd laugh as lightning flash flew in close to see him only to pity him "c'mon fellas he just wants to race don't discourage him, let's give him a shot" he said with overconfidence.

"Bro, why did you volunteer me" Sky Runner said nervously as he flies to me.

"Cause I know how fast you and lightning are I know you can win" I said with a smile looking at Flash and my brother smiling at him. "you can do this just believe in yourself" I said as I smile at him showing my fate in him.

Sky Runner smiled and with confident he said "I won't let you down" as he flew to the starting line revealing his 3 sets of wings which made Flash and the crowds look.

"You sure you can fly with those dead weight, you must be really brave or really stupid" Flash said as the announcer starts to countdown.

"No both" Sky Runner said with focus and confidence as the gun fired from the announce mouth signalling the start of the race. Flash starts out strong, but Sky Runner flies from behind catching up to him. Sky Runner starts to flap his second set of wings making him go faster as both Flash and Sky Runner triggered the Sonic boom which blew gust of wind at me and the crowds direction.

"No colt is this fast" Flash yelled in disbelief at Sky Runner who was slowly ahead of him.

"Nah, I am much faster" Sky runner sticked out his tongue as he flapped his final set of wings which blew Lightning Flash away as he crashed into the hay stack and he crossed the finish line in no time. This left the crowds and the elite flyers in shock and awe except for me who ran to Sky Runner to congratulate him.

"I told that you could do it bro" I said with joy as i hugged his neck and rubbed his mane with my hooves.

"Thanks bro.." before Sky Runner could add to it my brother's flank glowed and a mark of a edge wing appeared on it which made my brother fly around happily as he finally got his mark.

"You finally did it now dad won't get bother you much" I screamed at his joining his excitement and somehow the crowds applaud too for Sky Runner and even the Guardanian flyers joined in.

"Let's go home,I wanna show the family" Sky Runner said with glee as he flies to the exit of the field.

"One more thing" I said as I took the golden wing trophy and use my blade to put Sky Runners name in it and join Sky Runner "OK wait for me, and you forgot your trophy" I yell at my brother who is flying away as I a gallop towards him trying to catch up to him. Eventually i caught up to my brother who was just standing their staring at the forest, where we live. In deep breath I said "Their you are I got your trophy", he was unresponsive as he just stared in shock at the forest "bro what are you looking......at". My jaw dropped as I turned my head to see what my brother was staring. "What in the world" I screamed in shock as I see dark lightning resonating from the forest that drew attention from everyone in town. "Come on bro let's go mom and dad could be in trouble" I said as I grabbed my bro's hoof and dropped the trophy as I rushed into to forest to investigate. While running into the forest, I thought that this is the moment that my parents were talking about and that all of guardania could be in danger. Many possibility entered my mind on what dangers could befell on Guardania, until I crashed into River because I was to busy thinking about the danger that we might face.

"Watch where you running, Time is no time to be crashing to each other" River said really upset that I knocked him down as he quickly teleported away from me and reappear a few feet away.

"My bad, what's going on" I asked as I return to my hooves and gallop towards him.

"It's Gardenia" War Ton yelled as he slowly approaches us and by the look of him he is badly injured.

"What's wrong with mom" Sky Runner said feeling scared and worried about his parents.

"She has been fully consumed by the Darkness and we don't stop she will destr....." War Ton was interrupted by gigantic dark hoof that feel on top of War Ton, but not before War Ton grabbed and hold up her hoof.

"DAD" me and my brothers screamed as we were shock by an enormous hoof. Me and My brothers look up her hooves and we see a hundred foot tall Gardenia, whose eyes, the plant vines on her hoofs and glowing mane is purple and her body was completely black.

"Well if it isn't my cute little colts" she said cackling down at us with her loud voice. "Excuse me my sweet husband, I want to have a little mother to son bonding time" she said as smack War Ton back and then her horn glowed purple as brambles tied up War Ton and unable to move "Now then where were we" as she turned her focus to us she noticed that my brothers and i weren't their. "Tsk Tsk, very rude to run away from your mothers" she said as she starts to search for us.

"Sons Listen up" War Ton yelled getting our attention "You have to take out your mother if you don't all of guardania will be destroyed including us".

"We can't dad she our mom" Sky Runner said as he moves quickly dodging her blast cause she heard him.

"You have to, being a soldier is making the toughest decision for the benefit of guardanian kind" he plees for us to fight back.

"Their has to be spell to fix her" River argued while teleporting away from her stomp.

"We will find a way to save her and guardania" I agreed with River as I continue to move as I dodged her tail swipe.

"You brats hold still" the possessed Gardenia said in frustration as she used her dark magic to control brambles, fire lazer and use her wing to blow them out of hiding. After a while, Gardenia was unable to find me and my brothers, so she decided to lure him out by turning his focus to War Ton as she placed her hooves on him. "If you don't come out then mommy will be a widow" She said with cackle as she pressing her hooves on War Ton body and the bramble is getting tired. My brothers and I stayed quiet as we believe that War Ton can handle the situation.

"Alright....Plan B" War Ton said as he struggles to get free.

"What's plan B" River said joining me and my brothers in curiosity of this plan B. War Ton then started to whistle a weird note that confused me, my brothers and Guardania.

After his whistling was finished my mind went blank.

I came to which felt like a few seconds, and it was raining, as I looked around to my left, seeing Sky Runner unconscious on the ground, with cuts and bruises across his body. "SKY RUNNER" I yelled worried about him and the I turn my head right, seeing River staring at me with a surprised and scared look in my face. "River what are you staring at" I yelled at River demanding a answer. As I stepped forward, I felt a wet splash on my hooves. "What the...." I interrupted myself as I looked down at the wetness and I noticed that I was blood. My face was in shock at the amount of blood that was around me so I looked up and followed the blood trail. I stopped in horror and stared of where this blood came from. I was mortified as I know whose blood this was as I start to cry fighting to hold it in. So I looked up closing my eye and screamed into the sky.