• Published 10th May 2012
  • 2,989 Views, 78 Comments

Bad Luck - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash has quite a chain of bad events happen to her.

  • ...
13
 78
 2,989

Weird Feelings

Rainbow Dash lied hopelessly on the ground, waiting for the tornado to come and finish her off once and for all.

“I’m so sorry, Twilight and Fluttershy. I’m so sorry it had to end this way…” Rainbow sniffed as she slowly began to cry. Her bad luck had cost her her friends, and that alone was too much to bear.

Rainbow lied on the ground, as the tornado grew ever closer. She began to feel light, as the tornado started to pick her up.

Wait…that’s not the tornado…it was a pony! Somepony was lifting her off the ground!

Her eyes were damp, and her mane was wet down in her face, so she couldn’t tell who the pony was. But the shape of the pony’s back told her it was a stallion.

As the pony carried her off, the movement of the pony walking had rocked her to sleep.

…………………….

“Unh…what…”

Rainbow fluttered her eyes and softly awoke. She was in a cloud sofa, in a cloud home. This told her that her rescuer was a pegasus. She sat up and squinted, looking around.

It was quite a nice place. This pony had a kitchenette with all the usual cooking items, and small table for two, a living room (which she was in) with a TV, a couple recliners, and the cloud sofa she lied on. The bedrooms must have been down the hall, as well as the bathroom.

“Holy buck…” She mumbled.

Rainbow looked out the window. The sun streamed in brightly.

Now she was instantly awake. How long was she out? That storm had to have lasted at least a week!

“Hey, no need for such language!” She heard a voice say.

Rainbow turned to see a stallion standing in the hallway, leaning on the frame, looking as casual as ever. He was dark gray with an electric-looking yellow mane. His cutie mark was a supercell thunderstorm, with a tornado and bolts of lightning. He was a little taller than Rainbow Dash, and he was pretty handsome.

“Hi, I’m Thunder Flash.” he said happily.

“H…hi, I’m Rain—“ Rainbow started to say.

“Trust me, I know who you are. And let me say, it’s such an honor to have you in my home! You’re amazing!” Flash interrupted excitedly.

Rainbow looked puzzled. “What do you mean?” she asked.

“Well, I saw you in front of a raging twister, so I thought I’d rescue you! Are you okay?”

“Sort of…I kind of twisted something, and couldn’t get back up.” she replied.

She suddenly realized something. “Wait, did you say Thunder Flash? That new recruit to the Wonderbolts?” She asked.

“Yeah! Isn’t it awesome? I’ve always wanted to be in their group!” he squealed.

"Yeah…it’s great…” Rainbow answered.

“What’s wrong?” Flash asked, concerned.

“Well, I’ve also always wanted to be in the Wonderbolts, and that package you received accidentally showed up at my doorstep first, and had to be taken away.” Rainbow replied.

“Oh, I’m so sorry…” Flash put a hoof on Rainbow shoulder.

She wiped it off and said, “Don’t go getting affectionate with me! I’m not that kind of pony! If you want affectionate, you have to show me you’re my kind of stallion!”

“Well then, challenge accepted…” Flash muttered.

“What?”

“Nothing!”


“Uh huh…right. Anyway, where are we? And how come that storm ended so quickly?” Rainbow changed the subject.

“It didn’t. It’s still going. And we’re located above the cloud barrier, that’s why it’s sunny.” Flash answered.

“What about my friends? That tornado ripped up both their homes, and I believe they’re both dead.”

There were some seconds of silence. “…Are you sure I can’t be affectionate? Everything seems pretty bad for you.” Flash mentioned.

“Yes, I’m sure. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna be going now.” Rainbow shuffled to get off the couch.

“Go ahead, I’m not stopping you.” Flash answered.

As soon as Rainbow got up, her hoof twisted and burned, and she collapsed back onto the couch. She tried to flap
her wings, but found one of them broken. “What the…why can’t I fly?!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“That injury. When you hit the ground, you landed on your wing, and probably didn’t notice it.” Flash explained.

“Stupid bad luck! Everything has been bad for me, EVERYTHING!” Rainbow wailed.

“Not true! I brought you here, right? That’s just one thing. You’re lucky for me.” Flash objected. He seemed quite enlightened.

During all this, Rainbow Dash wondered something that she just had to know. “Hey, did you…by any chance, go to ask Twilight if I was single?” Rainbow Dash asked as she blushed.

Flash’s eyes went wide, and he blushed too.

“Um…” He shuffled his hoof and looked at the ground. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t help myself. I’ve seen you in action, and I’ve seen your Sonic Rainboom. You’re just incredible. Sometimes I wonder why I was the one accepted to the Wonderbolts.” Flash confessed.

Rainbow Dash didn’t answer. She just looked down at the floor, in deep thought.

Flash quickly changed the subject. “Okay, I’m going to go get dinner started.” Flash stated as he walked off to the kitchen.

Rainbow snapped out of her thoughts, and looked up. “What are you making?”

“Just hay and some sandwiches. I don’t like getting fancy very much.”

Rainbow started to realize that this pegasus was just like her. He adores the Wonderbolts, that’s just one thing. He’s not shy at all, unlike Fluttershy. He’s very casual, and doesn’t like getting formal about things. The one thing missing was his ego. He didn’t have an intense ego like she did.

Rainbow tried to start up a conversation. “So what does your cutie mark mean?” she asked from the couch.

“It means I’m great with weather. I may not be fast like you, but I know how to handle weather. That’s why I didn’t get blown away by that twister when I rescued you. I knew all the correct stances to keep grounded.” he informed.

“How did you get into the Wonderbolts?” she asked.

“Didn’t you see the letter? It said skills and bravery. I rescued Soarin from a hurricane over in Las Pegasus.” he answered back.

“That’s cool! I actually rescued all three of them when I did my Rainboom.” Her tone dropped when she said that last sentence.

“What’s wrong?”

“I just don’t know why I didn’t get accepted…” Rainbow replied.

“They probably think you’re too good for them, and you have much better things to contend to. I…I think so too.”

Dang, this guy was smart! He could hunt down the good in every situation! She liked that. It was hard to be put down with this guy around.

“So do you want one sandwich or two? I have plenty!”

“I’ll take two. I haven’t eaten in a while.” she answered.

“Okay! I’ll have it soon!” Flash trotted back to the kitchen. Rainbow stayed on the couch, and thought some more. She felt something when she was around him, and she couldn’t identify it. It was a warm fuzzy feeling, and she liked it. She almost didn’t want to leave anymore. He was a very nice stallion.

Wait, what are you thinking, Rainbow Dash? You can’t allow yourself to fall for another pony!

Flash walked over and set a tray table down in front of her. He walked back into the kitchen, and came back with her plate of food. He put it on the tray table, along with a remote for the TV. “Now you make yourself comfortable, and I’m going to go eat in my room. Okay? Later!” Flash disappeared down the hall with his dinner. Rainbow picked up the remote, and turned on Equestrian Idol.

……………………



Flash decided not to watch the TV in his room. While he ate, he simply thought to himself. He sighed.

“Man, Rainbow Dash is awesome. And she’s so hot! I just wish I knew how to ask her out.” He thought out loud, hoping Rainbow didn’t hear him.

However, she did hear him. She sat in the other room, listening. And her face was redder than Big Macintosh.

“What do I do? A hot stallion wants to ask me out! Is this bad luck or good luck?”

Rainbow moved around on the couch, anxious. Her face grew hotter by the minute.

She couldn’t calm down, and she heard hoofsteps coming down the hall. She gasped, and threw the covers over her face.

Thunder Flash emerged, carrying his empty plate. “What are you doing?”

“Sleeping. *Snore snore*” she mimicked.

“Don’t be silly! Come on out!” he playfully said as he took off the covers, revealing Rainbow’s deep blush. She looked up at him.

“Are you mad?” She asked.

……………………

Fluttershy coughed as she appeared out of the rubble. Twilight followed.

“Thank goodness I put up that magic barrier around us, or we’d be killed by that tornado!” The library was destroyed, and it was still pouring rain.

“Where’s Rainbow Dash? I hope she’s okay…” Fluttershy said.

“I’m sure she’s fine. She’s Rainbow Dash! She’ll find a way out of everything.” Twilight mentioned.

“Yeah, but a tornado! It’s just very dangerous!” Fluttershy objected.

Twilight put a hoof on Fluttershy’s shoulder. “Listen, she’s going to be alright. I guarantee it.”

Twilight looked into Fluttershy’s eyes, and she looked back. She nodded.

……………………

Rainbow Dash was more embarrassed then ever at that moment.

“I’m sorry…I listened to what you said in there…” She confessed.

“Don’t worry about it in the least. Now you know how I really felt this whole time. So what do you say? Do you wanna hook up?”

This caught Rainbow by surprise. She had a big decision to make.

To be Continued…

----------------------------------------------------------
Author Notes:

Ooh, a twist! What do think? Should they? WILL they? Only I know the answers...Muahahahaha!