• Published 15th Mar 2015
  • 1,345 Views, 78 Comments

Twilight Sparkle moves to Ponyville.(Comment-Driven) - FaelaArts



Chose the adventure Twilight has.

  • ...
3
 78
 1,345

Chapter 2

“There, and in record time.” Twilight admired her perfectly sorted shelves, knowing she had picked the best way to sort them. There was zero chance she would regret this later. Regardless, Spike has blinked at her when she had told him. She would have to punish him later for leaving her to do it all alone.

“I mean, it’s such a simple sorting method.” From heaviest to lightest, with the lightest on bottom and heaviest on top. On the shelves themselves, they were arranged by colors of the rainbow, red on the right and purple on the left. If two were the same color, she had arranged them by the amount of letters in the title. Organization is very important!

“So it’s about lunchtime. That leaves me plenty of time to head down to Fluttershy for today.” Agonising over her decision, Twilight had come to the conclusion some quiet silence would be just the thing she needed to relax.

“Spike! I’m going to Fluttershy’s, I’ll be back later.” Trotting toward the door, Twilight head a soft reply from upstairs, and went on her merry way. Turning down a road, she asked a pony for directions, and thanked him quietly. Leaving Ponyville, she followed the path leading to the cottage, and knocked on the door.

“H-Helllo…” Fluttershy was barely visible as she slowly opened the door, letting Twilight in. Looking around, Twilight liked the homey feel of the cottage. A bunny bounced over, and she lowered her head. It was pure white, and looked utterly adorable.

“Aw, who’s this wittle guy?” Blinking, Twilight leaned back as the bunny slapped her nose. What a rude rabbit!

“That’s Angel. He’s a bit...high maintenance.” Smiling nervously, Fluttershy tried to not offend her bunny. If she did that, he would only make it harder for her later. Twilight nodded, and glanced toward the back door as Fluttershy made her way toward it. Following, they entered a large backyard with several large cages.

“Wear this.” Fluttershy pulled out a paper bag, putting one over her own head. Raising an eyebrow, Twilight was about to argue, but decided to listen. She wasn’t an animal expert after all. Walking toward the cages, Twilight finally got a look at the creatures inside. They looked like hairless apes.

“What are these creatures Fluttershy?” Curiosity piqued, she watched as one approached the side of the cage, and began making strange noises. A part of her wondered if it would be possible to translate that. It would require a lot of testing, but she did so love science.

“They are called Humans. They come from a strange portal in the Everfree. These three are healing before I escort them back.” Pulling out a handful of oats, Fluttershy refilled their food bowls. Twilight nodded as she absorbed that information.

“Barrraccck. Obaaama.” One of the Humans began to slowly sound out two words. Both turned, frowning.

“That’s Skyle, I’ve been teaching him pony. He says he wants to take over Equestria.” Fluttershy saw the disbelief on Twilight face, and quietly whispered to Skyle.

“I will conquer this fair nation! It is much better than America. I don’t know why as the writer of this story is Australian, but I want to lead somewhere better.” The human fist pumped the air, and Twilight sighed. Thinking quickly, she made up a name for a place on the spot.

“If you are good, I’ll show you how to overthrow Canada. Sound good?” Seeing the bobbing head, Twilight considered that one less creature she had to worry about coming from the Everfree. One Nightmare Moon was enough, thank you.

“Why do we have to wear these paper bags anyway?” Turning, Twilight watched Fluttershy shrink, and wondered if she had said it too harshly. Really, it was always difficult talking to her, like walking on eggshells.

“W-Well if we don’t, the poor creatures die of heart attacks. I-I don’t know why.” Tears starting to show through the bag, Twilight bit her lip and hesitantly brought Fluttershy into a hug. While they were friends, Twilight wasn’t sure they were close enough for comfort hugs just yet. After a moment, Fluttershy stepped away, a soft smile on her face as Twilight glanced toward the sun.

“Oh is that the time!? I’ve got to go buy dinner! See you Fluttershy.” Rapidly waving goodbye, Twilight dashed out of the backyard. Dumping the paper bag in her saddlebags the moment she was out of view of the cages, she wondered just what she should buy for dinner. Spike was easy, but for her she wanted something filling. Hay Fries weren’t going to cut it.

“Oh dear, I hope Spike doesn’t get into his ‘good dragon’ stash because I lost track of time.” Especially since he hadn’t earned it. Really, that dragon needed a thorough lesson in responsibility. Leaving something not done had consequences for the future. Passing Rarity, Twilight quickly paused to greet her.

“Hey Rarity, sorry I can’t stay. I gotta grab dinner before heading home.” Seeing her friend smile, Twilight waved goodbye, and continued to the stalls. Most were starting to close up. She only hoped there were enough left open for her to buy the ingredients.

“Should I grab dessert too?” Slowing down, Twilight was relieved to find out most were still open. It didn’t change the fact she would have to hurry, but it allowed her to see what was open. Looking at all of them, a moment of indecision crossed her. What should she eat tonight? There was even the trader stall.

The pony’s a little weird. I mean, he sells meat. I know some creatures that pass through Ponyville are carnivores, but what sort of creature did it come from?’ Shuddering, Twilight discarded such thoughts, turning toward the much more pleasant side. Full of fruits and hay, her mouth began to water.

“So much, so little time to choose.” Biting her lip, Twilight glanced rapidly around. What should she choose? So many choices, which one did she want?

Author's Note:

How should Twilight punish Spike?
What should Twilight have for Dinner?
See the results below.
Here.