• Published 13th Mar 2015
  • 2,768 Views, 74 Comments

Within The Nightmare: Side Stories from the Living Nightmare universe - Autum Breeze



Stellar's story was sure an interesting one, but what about the stories in the backgrond. What happened in them?

  • ...
8
 74
 2,768

Dinky's Origins part 5 A Promise For a Final Meeting Kept

Part 5


A Promise For a Final Meeting Kept

“It was good seeing you again, Derpy,” the princess said as the five of them, Derpy, The Doctor, Light Wing, herself and the foal, stood outside the TARDIS. “Good luck raising your daughter. I know you’ll do a wonderful job.”

It had been a few weeks since Derpy's rescue. The rehabilitation of the unicorns was well underway and the descendants of the Golden Chalice family had been sent down to Equestria to be judged by Celestia and Luna on behalf of the current ruler, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Now, however, it was time to say goodbye.

Derpy smiled, nodding. “Thank you, princess,” she said, looking down at the foal sleeping against her as she held it with a foreleg. “I’ll do my best.”

The Princess chuckled. "Trust me, I know you will."

“And you too, your highness,” The Doctor bowed, then frowned. “Though, are you sure you don’t want me around. I know you’ve explained how you have spells that can do similar, but that base was bigger on the inside and it didn’t feel like magic was behind that. That was Time Lord technology.”

The princess nodded. “I am sure, Doctor. I have lived for around five hundred years. I am certain I need not worry about it.”

"Alright,” he said uncertainly, turning to go inside.

“But, Doctor,” she continued, causing him to pause, “whilst I know I am forbidden to tell you exactly what is going to happen, I can warn you of this. The drums are not what drive her now.”

The Doctor glanced back, an eyebrow raised. “What do you mean?” he asked slowly.

The princess shook her head. “I cannot tell you more than that. But, please, be wary, Doctor.”

The Doctor was silent for a few moments, before he nodded. “Come along, Miss Hooves. I’ve still that visit I promised you.”

Derpy nodded and, after giving one last smile to the princess followed him inside.

___________________________________________________________

Derpy stepped outside the TARDIS, carrying Dinky and looked around. They were in a hospital. Cloudsdale hospital.

“Doctor, remain inside the TARDIS,” she said, glancing back at him. “Non-pegasi can’t walk on clouds.”

“Taken care of,” he grinned, stepping out wearing something on his hooves. “Wore these back when I was visiting my niece on the cloud banks of Castalera 9. Lovely place. Never could get a good starfish there, though. Here,” he placed much smaller version of the things he was wearing over Dinky’s tiny hooves. “Now, as long as she wears these she won’t fall either.”

Derpy nodded. “Okay.”

With that they walked down the cloud-made hall, The Doctor marveling in everything he saw in the cloud-made structure, until they stopped in front of a door with the letters JH9 on the front.

Derpy hesitated for a moment, before she pushed open the door and they walked in. Lying in the cloud bed in the middle of the room, hook up to several medical devices was a Pegasus mare with a light-purple coat and red mane. Her mane was missing in chunks and her face was lined.

Derpy gulped, tears welling in her eyes.

The mare stirred, slowly opening her eyes. When fell on The Doctor and his Cutie Mark, she gave a weak smile. “Doctor,” she croaked. “You kept your promise after all.”

“Ay?” he asked, glancing at Derpy, who was looking at him with equal confusion.

The mare then turned her eyes to Derpy, her smile becoming warmer. “My little Derpy. Is that really you?”

Derpy gasped, then, her lips trembling, nodded. “Uh-huh. Hi... Mommy.”

Derpy’s mom nodded, then looked to The Doctor. “Thank you, Doctor. I’m glad I get to see my daughter as a big filly.” She looked to Derpy, lifted a hoof and brushed her cheek as tears ran down Derpy’s face. “Sorry I wasn’t there for you, sweetie. Mommy fought as hard as possible, but I lost this battle in the end. Just know that I always loved you and always will, no matter if death tries to separate us.”

Derpy sniffled, then held her forelegs out. “M-Mom... th-this is m-my daughter, D-Dinky Doo. Y-you’re a grandma.”

The mare looked at the sleeping unicorn in Derpy’s grasp and her smile seemed to warm even more. “You’ll be a wonderful mother, my little Derpy.”

Derpy sniffled again, then nodded, her eyes brimming with tears as more fell. “You were too, Mom. I love you.”

“And I you, my daughter,” she nodded, before laid back against her pillow and closed her eyes. “I love... you... too...”

A loud beeping rang out, seeming to echo through the hospital.

___________________________________________________________

The TARDIS appeared on the edge of Ponyville and from its doors stepped Derpy, carrying her foal. She glanced back at the stallion smiling sadly at her from within.

He nodded, before the doors closed and the blue box faded away from sight.

Derpy took a deep breath, then headed towards her father's house. Her life was set. She was a mother now and she had to make sure Dinky had the best foalhood she could provide.

Author's Note:

Yeah, sorry if this one was shorter than the last, but i didn't want to put the two of them together. It wouldn't have quite fit.

So, it seems The Doctor in his own future, met with Derpy's mother in the past and promised that meeting.

And the princess' warning. *chills* Who could she have been talking about (won't be writing a side story about that, by the way, it's just food for thought)?

That's it for Dinky's Origins. There will be more side stories, but for now, this fic is going On Hiatus so i can work on a few others. I think i need a break from everything Living Nightmare related for a while

Til next time, later everypony

Comments ( 15 )

I'm sorry i just... *sigh*. I know a lot of people like Doctor Who but the original story was about a kid who gets reincarnated as Nightmare Moon. Why on earth would a story about various background characters in that original story involve a five part crossover with Doctor Who? I mean no disrespect but I don't think I can read this story. I'm not going to downvote or anything but I don't think this is a story for me.

5759089 it was only that part. The next will be about pinkie introducing Pinkamena to the rest of the family. This was just to explain how dinky was derpy's daughter, yet she was marrying rich, yet at hearth's warming she and dinky went into the tardis. it was to explain that.

Still, if that's how you feel, i won't hold it against you. just know the rest of the side stories won't be focused on the first side story, only themselves

5759126 I didn't feel that even needed exploring, that could have just been a one off reference.

5759128 yeah, but i had lots of people asking in both the comments and in PMs after the Hearth's Warming chapter as to why Dinky and Derpy went with The Doctor when Derpy was marrying rich. I kinda did it for them and anyone who was curious but remained silent

5759146 That's fine. I'm not going to insult you as an artist and tell you to change it or anything. Now I feel you could have turned it into a separate spin off? Yes, but its your story and I respect your right to write it how you please. For now, I'll just put this story on my read later list and await updates to your other stories.

. . . . . . . .you watched the season 8 finale didn't you?

5739953 I'm sorry man but I just can't grasp what your saying.:ajsleepy: Yes your writing about someone else's character/world. But you're writing your own version of that character. I've always believed that a FanFiction and it's characters should be what ever the author wants it to be. Whether the characters are OOC or not. Constructive criticism should be trying to help the author improve their story. Not making them change things or characters drastically just because you think it needs to be more cannon with the show itself.

:pinkiegasp: I just an idea for Dinky's family origin: due to her family being placed on the waiting list to the moon, and Dinky having been taken back in time a couple centuries, Dinky could be her own descendant.

Bravo Bravo exultant story.

Harts Fire

This is good. I wonder though if the other elements are ageless due to their connection to the tree of harmony would it not be logical that after 1000 years that they too had ascended and would also be able to teleport to the moon?

*tap, tap, tap, tap* *tap, tap, tap, tap* The drums. It's the beating of two hearts of a time lord. The Master is who she was referring to. Amiright?

Hey, Autum.

Mist here, just a few things I need to say.

First off, I'd really rather not be around the day The Doctor goes sane.

Secondly, who else feels that the Golden Chalice family is holding a personal grudge just because they didn't get their way?

Anywhoodle, great work, some errors here and there, but great overall.

And one more thing, a question for the author.

I was just wondering if I could add Stellar Nova to a fic I am writing? As it could tie into what I have been writing and ultimately result in a twist from when Twilight, Spike, Stellar and Starlight traveled through time the last time.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say.

Toodles.

8065541

Actually, in the original version that soured me on this universe, I distinctly remember that he did realize what a monster he'd become at the end, begging Luna for mercy and help.

...Which Luna, of all ponies, blankly refused. Acting indignant he even dared ask, before hitting Alchemist harder and then moving on to the Biblical punishment of making somepony undying (and only undying) and locked to the Everfree Forrest. Forever.

...

So... yeah. Please read my earlier comments in that light, not whatever happened in the rewrites I'll freely admit I stopped caring about.

You feel the rewrites fixed that arc, though? Good for you.

That's it for Dinky's Origins. There will be more side stories, but for now, this fic is going On Hiatus so i can work on a few others. I think i need a break from everything Living Nightmare related for a while.

Well... it's definitely been a while. Like, 8 years of a while.

Login or register to comment