• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 677 Views, 14 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: Dark and Light - str1pped gh0st



This is a crossover between My Little Pony and Alan Wake, one of the best horror games ever made. Twilight Sparkle battles evil ponies taken over by a mysterious force while dealing with her own sanity and losing a close friend.

  • ...
7
 14
 677

Chapter 2 PT.2: Doctors Can't Stitch Darkness

"What in the hay am I doing!" I thought too myself as I started trotting down the stairs. "Why should I trust Pinkie with a task like this!" I hadn't even trotted 5 feet away from the cabin, but I was already worrying. But Pinkie was one of the closest friends I had. I should have more faith in her. As I approached the bottom of the stairs, I saw an abandoned wagon, with oddly enough, another letter of friendship. My curiosity got the best of me and I picked it up. It read:

Dear Princess Celestia,

I am happy to report that the dragon has departed our fair country, and that it was my good friend Fluttershy who convinced him to go. This adventure has taught me to never lose faith in your friends. They can be an amazing source of strength, and can help you overcome even your greatest fears.

Always your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle

"I need to figure out where these things are coming from. Are they trying to tell me something?" I said as I folded it and teleported it away. I decided if I somehow find anymore of these, I would put them in my Journal I brought with me when Spike and I first came here.

I was nearing the entirety of the lodge areas and I approached the last set of wooden stairs. I was about to head down when a bush exploded into a pack of ink-like birds and caused me to fall on my flank. "Sorry for saying this Fluttershy, but you STUPID BIRDS!" I got up and watched the birds fly around frantically. Tonight was going to be ruff.

I wandered down a dirt road while reading another page I had found. It was from when Rarity and Applejack had that sleepover at the library. My head abruptly became disoriented and flashed with rows of images of Spike being pulled under the lake, a quill splashing oil back and forth, and a mysterious figure in a star speckled scuba suit waving at me. Everything was soon white, then dark and I heard a loud and powerful crash, followed by a fearful and unfortunately familiar scream.

"Doctor Whooves? No, no no no no not you too." I began to sprint as fast as I could towards the buildings in front, which happen to be where I Pinkie was first lecturing me. "Doctor Whooves, where are you?!"

"O-over...here."

I turn towards the sound to see Doctor Whooves leaned on the window near the back. I also notice that something had taken the entire front portion of the building off. I slightly jogged over to him and saw that there was...blood. It was scattered on the back window and splayed on the floor, as if something had been dragged. I then saw that the doctor had a big gash across his chest. That explains the blood.

"Sweet Celestia Dr. Whooves, what happened?" I asked as I began to use my magic to slow down the bleeding.

"I found this...page that h-had something about never judging a book by its cov-*cough**cough*...its cover. Accepting someone for who they are. Then a zebra in shadow walked in here and tore the building apart."

I looked over and saw that page was on the floor. I was about to read it when doctor Whooves pleaded with me to turn the lights on before it came back. I quickly agreed and went directly to the other building to look at the fuse box. The only way to make sure he was safe was to get the power running and the lights back on. I went inside and noticed an axe was slammed into the fuse box, I was too late for the lights. I heard slamming and rustling erupt from the building and burst through the window to quickly get to Doctor Whooves.

There were now dark splotches all over the ground. they where hurt by the light when I quickly shinned it over to them. Then zebras crowded in shadow emerged from the building. I thankfully had my revolver from the previous night with me. Since I'm a quick learner, I soon dealt with them.

"What the, why zebras. I don't remember any zebras living here." I quickly ran through the building and saw Doctor Whooves was no where to be found. Instead, there was now a mammoth sized hole in the wall. I ran through and realized I was in the back area of the building.

"Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the pony."

"Oh no, not him too." Before I could fully comprehend that Doctor Whooves wasn't himself anymore, I felt a force push me back. I fell on my shoulders and dropped my weapon. I saw through blurry iris's that the Doctor had been taken ever by the darkness. "Why does it have to be you too?"

"This is who I am, right here, right now, all right? All that counts is here and now, and this is me!"

I stood back up, not realizing where my pistol was and began to back up to the wooden railing. I tried to plead with him, get him to somehow realize that he wasn't himself. He then started charging at me at a speed to fast to see. I shut my eyes tight and screamed at him to stop. I could see the blinding light through my eyelids as my horn produced a flash of brightness. I then hear the railing violently snap. I turn and look down to see the poor doctor plunge to his demise. I almost didn't expect the flash of light when he hit the rocks below.

"I'm so sorry doctor. I wish there was another way." A small tear soon developed in my right eye as I mourned for my lost friend. I turned to see my pistol under a picnic table. I had it in my magic aura as I walked back into the building and out through the hole in the entrance. I remembered the letter I had and took it out.

Dear Princess Celestia,

My friends and I all learned an important lesson this week: Never judge a book by its cover. Someone may look unusual, or funny, or scary. But you have to look past that and learn who they are inside. Real friends don't care what your "cover" is; it's the contents of a pony that count. And a good friend, like a good book, is something that will last forever.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle

This was the letter that I wrote when I first met Zecora. Is the darkness trying to use my lessons against me? Well, it didn't matter. None of that mattered at the moment! I had to get to Lovers' Peek, I had to find these kidnappers. I had to find my friend!

Author's Note:

Sorry for the almost year long wait. Kind of lost my laptop. Glad I could finally write a new chapter to this.