• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 675 Views, 14 Comments

Twilight Sparkle: Dark and Light - str1pped gh0st



This is a crossover between My Little Pony and Alan Wake, one of the best horror games ever made. Twilight Sparkle battles evil ponies taken over by a mysterious force while dealing with her own sanity and losing a close friend.

  • ...
7
 14
 675

Prologue: It began with a dream

Author's Note:

Hey there guys and gals who happen to come across this particular story. This is the first story that I have worked on, so if there are problems, just let me know and I'll try to fix them. I wanted to do this because I'm a huge Alan Wake fan and I think there should be more stuff like this. I will try to work on this as much as I can, but I won't guarantee each chapter daily. But I still hope you stick around.

Star Swirl the Bearded once said that "Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there’s little fun to be had in explanations; they’re antithetical to the poetry of fear. In a horror story, the victim keeps asking "why?" But there can be no explanation, and there shouldn’t be one. The unanswered mystery is what stays with us the longest and it's what we’ll remember in the end. My name is Twilight Sparkle. I’m a Princess.

I've always had a vivid imagination, but this dream unsettled me. It was wild and dark and weird even by my standards. So yes, it began with a dream. Following a typical nightmare pattern, I was late, desperately trying to reach my destination -- a lighthouse -- for some urgent reason, I couldn't remember. I'd been flying too fast down a dirt road to get there. I closed my eyes for a second and didn't notice the stallion in my way, then 'WHACK'. We slammed into a tree, but he had taken most of the impact.

"OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OKAY?!" I screamed to check on the poor stallion.

He was dead. I was convinced they would throw me in the dungeon and I would never see Spike or any of my friends again. Suddenly, I thought I heard a noise behind me and I turned to check.

"HELLO, SOMEPONY, I NEED SOME HELP!"

I then felt a sharp pain on my left side, my wing was broken. "Ow, that really hurts." I thought. Then I turned back to check on the stallion to find something that made me jump back, his body had vanished.

I was still really injured from the crash, I could hardly stand on my hooves. I just knew I had to reach the lighthouse, by any means necessary. Suddenly, a light shined from a lamp that was near me. That's odd, how did that get there and most importantly, how did it light up with no power source. I didn't worry about it that much, so I found a wooden walkway and started to head towards it. I felt a sharp chill down my spine and a voice that called to me as I was halfway through the walkway. I turn to find that same stallion I crashed into standing at the road, surrounded by a dark mist. I was frozen in fear at this point as all I could do was watch as he teleported towards the beginning of the walkway, which was impossible seeing as how he was an earth pony, and also dead.

"I...I thought I killed you. Thank Celestia that you're alive!" but my words were slowly replaced with shivers as he lifted his head to look into my eyes. His face was pitch black and his eyes were just white dots.

"I wouldn't thank her just yet." His voice suddenly went dark and low as a smile grew on his face and he lifted an axe from out of nowhere. It was levitating, he wasn't holding it, that's impossible.

"H-How are you d-doing that? You're n-not a unicorn." I could hardly keep hold of my voice I was so scared.

"And you're not worthy enough to be a princess. What exactly have you done for us." He said as he started to swing the axe back and forth at me. I immediately turned around and ran in the other direction, but the end of the walkway collapsed. As I fell to the ground, the stallion just stood there and mocked me.

"You're a joke, and you know it. You haven't tried to help ponyville in any kind of way. Even you're pathetic sister in law Cadence has done more than you ever could. Why even bother with what you're doing and remove those damn wings. Better yet, how about I remove them for you." He said as he vanished away. I was not worrying about him as I got up, brushed myself off and tried to move, but he teleported in front of a door that I had to get through.

"I'm gonna end you're career, permanently!" "Oh, Celestia." was all I could get out. He started coming at me and all I could do was back up, until I was interrupted by a rock. I fell on my back and the stallion came at me, I dogged to the left and he slammed the axe into the ground. I managed to give him a kick to the stomach and that made him disappear.

I made my way through the gate when I could hear his voice again. "How does it feel to die by the hooves of a complete stranger!" He then suddenly erupted into a giant, black, misty tornado. All I could think was "DON'T STOP RUNNING" as I turned around and sprinted towards a bridge. At the end of it was a pony that I recognized. It was a stallion that I had a crush on during magic school, Calinate. "Quickly Twilight, get inside the cabin!" I ran into the cabin as he blocked the on the other side. The entire interior was covered in lights and T.V.'s. There was another door to my right that had a poster on it that said "Trixie the great and powerful" I looked outside in horror as the shadow stallion started walking towards Calinate, who had a gun and started shooting at him. The bullets had no effect as the shadowy figure plunged the axe into Calinate's chest. As he collapsed to the ground, the shadow plunged the axe into his head, ending the poor stallions life. The murderer looked into the window to find me crying in fear. He once again disappeared as I was left with the horrible memory. Suddenly, all the T.V.'s turned on and showed the stallions eye. "Die, die, die, die, die, die...!" He began to laugh like a psychopath, when suddenly, the cabin started shaking violently. I was going to die inside the cabin.

Then, the shaking stopped, and the door erupted into a bright, blinding light and a voice started to speak to me. "Follow the light, you are only safe there." I heard that voice before. "Trixie?" I said as I followed the light towards a broken stairway. The light began to shine on me as I started to heal from my wounds in mere seconds. The voice began to speak again. "Thank goodness you're safe. I have something important to tell you. It goes like this: For she did not know, that beyond the lake she called home, lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are wilder and more serene. Its strange ports, I've seen. To its ports I've been. Do you understand?" "No?" I was completely scared and confused at what was happening.

"Follow my light." The light then pointed towards the destroyed staircase and fixed it in seconds. I was absolutely speechless. "I entered your dream to teach you. The darkness is dangerous. It's sleeping now. When it feels you coming, it will wake up. There's no time, I can only show you the most important things." I followed the light into a small garden area. There was a tree stump and dead flowers everywhere. The dark stallion appeared again, but he was just standing there, staring at me. "This poor stallion has been taken over by the Dark Presence. You can't hurt him now. The darkness protects him from all harm. Only light can drive the darkness away and make him vulnerable again. Here Twilight, take the light." Suddenly, a small flashlight floated towards the tree stump. I picked up the flashlight and began shinning it at the stallion. I could hear what sounded like a shrieking sound as smoke was coming off of him. He then erupted into a tiny flash of light as he flew back, trying to find his footing. "You did it! Now the darkness no longer protects him. But it's still inside, controlling him. He can't be saved. He is still a threat, he is still your enemy. Here take the gun." Then a tinny revolver began to float towards the same stump. I didn't want it to come to this, I'd never killed anypony. But I had no choice. I aimed the pistol towards the stallion and began to fire until he erupted into a ball of light and disappeared for good. I was relieved, but someone saddened. I turned back towards the light before it left. "Good, you've done well, remember what I've taught you. That is all, I will give you back you're dream." The light then disappeared and I was left alone in the dark again.

I finally remembered why I was going to the light house. Equestria was taken over by a dark presence and the lighthouse was the last safe place. I began to make my way to the lighthouse while running into more of the dark stallion trying to kill me. I was thankful to escape with my life. Now the only thing between me and the lighthouse was a bridge.

The tornado had returned and I began to run as fast as I could, while the tornado was lobbing carriages and barrels at me. I burst through the door and hide behind the wall as the door was literally banging on the door. But it was soon scared away by the light of the light house. "Thank Celestia, I'm finally safe." I began to inspect the lighthouse, but the light, somehow shut off and I was left in the darkness. I looked up and a dark shadow was rushing at me. Then...everything went black.

"AH" Spike was caught off guard as he put his hand on my shoulder. "Wow, Twilight, calm down. It was just a nightmare, you're fine." I began to calm down as I looked at my #1 assistant. "Spike...at times, I, myself question my mental stability." I said giving him a small smile. "Cheer up Brainiac, were here." As he got up and waited at the train doors for me, I looked through the window to remind myself where we were. "Bright Foals"