• Published 11th May 2012
  • 316 Views, 6 Comments

The Shadow of Equestria - Shadow96



A theif has appeared in castle Stonestein. Detective Violet Proof probably won't find out who it is.

  • ...
 6
 316

Chapter 4: Of Thoughts and Voices

Both Violet and Cut went back to the waiting room. It was Violet who started talking: "May I ask, or is this a great secret, what, the buck, was stolen?" "Wait, you are saying you came all the way up here, and firstly, took a case, not knowing what was stolen?" He giggled a little. "That's... very professional." "Just shut up, could you just tell me?" He waited a while, and then finally spoke, with a more serious manner: "Well, it's not a secret. It was seven hundred thousand bits, in gold bars. Just behind Scar's and Blues' guarding post was the treasury." After that sentence Violet's face looked like Scar's some moments ago. "How, the goddess damned buck, did somepony took that amount of bits out of there in this amount of time. What did you say? They had like one hour! Or even less! Ok. This is going to help a lot. It had to be either and bucking load of ponies, like a herd or something, or it was an unicorn. How much does gold weights. This amount of gold." Cut looked a little disoriented. "Ahhh. I think a lot." "Thanks. That was really helpfully. It is going to be... about five hundred kilo. An unicorn pretty good at levitation." "I'm more for the herd option. Have you ever seen an unicorn around here. Nah. Counterlot, that’s were unicorns are.” She thought for a while. There were some unicorns down at the town, where she lived, but she knew them for a time, and she didn’t expect them to do anything this stupid. Well, it wouldn’t, hurt if she asked them about this anyway. She started talking again. “And I'm not really into the herd option. It would take a lot of planning to sneak a group of ponies into the castle. And if I'm thinking right, it would have to be the same thieves as from the Grey Gargoyle incident. All more I need is one thing. Could you please get somepony to check the surroundings of the castle?" He looked at her with a stare that didn't mean understanding. "Just do it." "Ok. You're the detective."

The conversation drifted to yesterday's weather, and how it could be better, even if they knew it was an important step in growing stones, that needed lots of water. Somewhat around 6 o'clock Cut sent a guard to check the castles surrounding. It was really helping that he was the guard captain's assistant. Finally the patient door opened to reveal a brown, old pony with an hourglass as a cutie mark. Cut stepped up. "You haven't seen each other yet, have you? Well, Doc, this is Violet Proof, Violet, this is the Doctor." Violet looked at him, than at the new pony. "Doctor? Doctor who?" "-oves. It's Doctor Whooves. Nearly got that right. So, what matters more now, your girlfriend seems getting alright, Cut." The red stallion blushed. "She is not my girlfriend!" The Doctor smiled. "That isn't what matters right now. Come in."

Colors where coming back into their right places. Everything was still moving around, but Cookie saw a red blur, that at further inspection revealed itself pony shaped. "Cut Deep!" "Oh. You're back to conciousness Cookie. That's good. Listen to me closely." Cut explained the whole situation to her. He also told her who Violet was, and that she had to tell her about what happened to her. Having no other way, Cookie stated her tale. "I was in the kitchen and wanted to clean up. Then I thought I heard something, like silent munching. I turned myself in the direction of the cake I had baked the moment before, and it was gone. That's when I heard a voice behind me. It was this kind of calming voice that tells you that everything is going to be better. It said something like, I'm sorry, but I have to do this. That was when I blacked out."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment