• Published 22nd May 2015
  • 573 Views, 6 Comments

In Chains - Dino Days



A mare must survive a life she never wanted to save everything she loves.

  • ...
4
 6
 573

Interlude - Diary

Sept. 4th, 1608

dear diary,

tuday daddy gave me a diary and told me too rite down my thots in it so i am. he said that it wood help me feel bettr in the new cuntry but i dont think its going to work becus all the zeebra scare me. mommy says their just like us but with strips but i dont think so. the zeebras at scool are reely meen to me and they call me things like outsider. hopfully dad is rite and things will get bettr.

Oct. 1st, 1608

dear diary

tuday mommy brot home a pumkin and said we can carve it and selbrate nitemare nite even tho we are not in ekwestria anymore. so i carved the pumkin and it looks so spoooky! mommy put it on the portch and said it was a reely good pumkin.

Oct. 15th, 1608

dear diary

today gliff at scool stole yu and red yu so im not goin to bring yu to scool any moor. sorry.

July 12th, 1619

Dear Diary,

What a blast from the past. I was cleaning my room in what felt like the first time in forever and I found you! It was pretty crazy reading all the stuff I wrote back when I was eight. I know it’s been a while, but I think I’ll start writing in you again. After all, there’s a lot of blank pages in you!

Well, I’ll write in you again when I have something to write about. See you later, Diary! <3

July 14th, 1619

Dear Diary,

I’ve been begging mom to let me try to get a job, but she isn’t budging. I don’t think she realizes how it makes me feel, to be done with school and have nothing to do all day. Dad has his work at the embassy, she has her youth group to take care of, and I’m left alone all day, doing nothing.

I’ve been spending most of my time in the village, even though I know I’m not really welcome there. I see the way the zebra look at me. To them, I’ll always be an outsider. Never mind the fact that I’ve spent over half my life in this country. It’s pretty boring in the village, but there’s a small café down there that I like to go to. A nice tea always lifts my spirit, and listening to the zebra talk is the best substitute I have for social interaction.

I read in the newspaper that the zebras are going to stop trading with Equestria. Not sure what I’m going to do, now that I can’t get my hooves on the latest bestsellers. I’ll probably just die of boredom or something.

Oh well, what can you do? I’ll write in you another time, Diary. Bye!

July 23rd, 1619

Dear Diary,

Some weird shit’s going on. The elections were last week, and some sort of freaky traditionalist zebra got elected. He’s been making some pretty big changes. Some government zebras in armour came and straight up told my mom she can’t run her youth group any more. When she asked why, they said she was tainting them with pony filth. How bucking racist is that?

So yeah, things are really odd right now. On the bright side, a few of the zebras in town have started to talk to me. They’re all a few years younger than me and still in school, but it’s nice to talk to someone, even if they’re just talking to me because their parents wouldn’t approve of them socializing with a pony.

There’s this one zebra, Shaman, who’s really nice. As you could probably guess, he’s in line to become the town’s next shaman (hence the name). He likes the same kind of books as I do, and we get along really well.

Well, Diary, it’s been a pretty crazy day. I’m off to bed. Goodnight!

Sept. 8th, 1619

Dear Diary,

Sorry it’s been so long. It’s been really weird lately.

The government is deporting ponies by the hundreds. Gathering them up and sending them out of the country somewhere. I’m wondering when we’ll be next. Apparently, they’re doing it because we’re ‘tainting their land’ or something. I’ve spent most of my life here, I don’t want to up and leave! I don’t even remember what Equestria is like, and I’d miss all my friends!

Oh, my friends! I got friends! Remember those zebras I told you about? Well we’ve been spending a lot of time together. They’re really fun! We hang out at the café in the village and talk for hours.

Shaman and I are dating now, too. It was surprising to me, too! My first coltfriend! I’m so excited about it I can barely even breathe! I know, it’s kind of weird, ‘cause he’s three years younger than me, but I don’t really have a lot of options and I think he likes the excitement of dating a pony.

On a more somber note, dad got fired. Sort of. They shut the embassy down (which is really scaring me, to be honest) and now he’s out of a job. We’ve had a lot of time to save, but savings will only get us so far. I think that even if we don’t get deported, we’ll have to go back to Equestria just because there are no jobs for ponies here.

There’s a knock on the door. I’ll write in you again soon.

Comments ( 2 )

5706859

It's not published yet :twilightsmile:

5706868

Well…that…makes…sense...:twilightblush:

Login or register to comment