• Published 29th Mar 2015
  • 819 Views, 14 Comments

A World Without A Rainbow - PinkiePieFan12



The main six accidentally change the past of a certain pink earth pony. What will come of this?

  • ...
3
 14
 819

Chapter 2 - A Dash of Loyalty

Pinkie opened her eyes. Her sight was slightly blurry, no doubt from the spell. As her vision cleared she noticed she was falling at a rapid speed, her friends all just now regaining awareness. She didn't think they knew they were falling yet though.

"Twilight! we're falling! Hurry up with the cloud walking spell so we can land!!!!" Pinkie screamed loud enough to snap her friends out of the blinding effects of the spell. Twilight's eyes widened as she took in this information.

"Rainbow dash! Fluttershy! Grab Pinkie and the others while I try to remember the spell!" Twilight shouted so the pegasi could hear her over the sound of the rushing wind.

"Okay!" The pegasi said in unison. Rainbow dash quickly grabbed Pinkie Pie and Aj, while Fluttershy grabbed Rarity. Twilight remembered the spell they needed and cast it on the the two earth ponies and and the unicorn.

It was a good thing cause Fluttershy lost her grip and Rarity began to fall to the cloudy surface below. Rainbow, wanting to help, dropped Pinks and Aj, and they began to fall as well.

They quickly approached the clouds below and landed softly. Not falling through thanks to the spell. Pinkie loved the feeling of the soft texture of clouds beneath her hooves. It was like walking on air, which it kinda was.

"Is everypony okay?" Twilight asked concerned. The main six each gave a different answer, all meaning the same thing, 'Yes'. Twilight relaxed, as this was very dangerous and she was glad her friends were all okay. "Good! Now Rainbow, do you know where we need to go?" Twilight asked eagerly ready to see this legendary event.

"Sure do! We need to go to the Cloudsdale flight camp!" Rainbow said pointing her hoof in the direction to the left.


Pinkie’s eyes were set on one pony alone, as well as all of her friends’ eyes. Rainbow dash couldn't be more proud of herself as they watched filly rainbow dash break the sound barrier and create the spectrum of colors that is the Sonic-Rain-boom.

Ponies watched in awe as Rainbow zoomed through the air at lightning speed, just to stand up for her friend. This was definitely a sign of true loyalty. The friend, of course, was Fluttershy, who they would visit next.

As filly Rainbow landed on the cloud surface she could hear everypony in Cloudsdale shouting “Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash!” although it might have just been her ego. She couldn't really tell. She felt a tingle on her flank. As she looked down her eyes got wide with pride. On her flank rested a cloud with a rainbow colored lightning bolt coming out from it.

Pinkie couldn't be more happy to witness this amazing moment with her own eyes. But suddenly the thought returned again. The thought of what would happen if it weren't for this moment happening. She didn't want to think about it but she did anyway.

What if this didn't happen? Would I still be living in Ponyville with my friends? Or would I be on the rock farm with my family? Would I even have any friends?’ Pinkie thought to herself. This thought bugged her and kept creeping into her mind. ‘If it weren't for Rainbow Dash, would I be the pony I am today?


“Are you okay Pinks?” Rainbow said, noticing the look on the pink pony’s face.

“Um...Yeah sure! I was just mesmerized by that amazing Sonic-Rain-boom! I guess I kinda zoned out,” Pinkie exclaimed. Rainbow didn't think she got the whole truth, but she wasn't completely sure. So she accepted the response anyway.

They turned their attention to Twilight.

"So we ready to see Fluttershy's story?" Twilight asked her six friends. They nodded. "Okay let's go!" Twilight shouted as a blinding light illuminating from her horn, overcame them all once again.

Author's Note:

As with my other chapter constructive criticism and helpful ideas are appreciated. Hope you enjoy!:pinkiehappy: