• Published 15th Feb 2015
  • 676 Views, 13 Comments

Portals - The Derpy Doctor



Twilight has jumped from her dimension to our dimension and found no harm. After the rebuilding of the portal for a more public estate, the dangers of using portals becomes clear. They seem safe, but what really comes of using unknown technology?

  • ...
13
 13
 676

Twilight's friend

Twilight woke up in the morning with her new friend in the bed beside hers. She barely managed to get to her hooves when she heard a very annoying sound. Snoring. Kevin was snoring. She needed to get this guy some sort of a plug. Twilight went to get herself breakfast for the day. She really had no complete assurance that this man really just wanted to help her. Maybe he really was just scheming her into thinking she was safe and breaking her heart as he tortured her.

Kevin woke up to the sound of Twilight fumbling with the dishes. Apparently she didn’t have all of the magic under control after her capture. He got out of bed and went to help her to get breakfast. The sight was exasperating. She could barely use her magic. She had lifted up several plates and wasn’t able to move them across the counter for her to use.

“Are you okay?” Kevin asked her.

“Just…” Twilight managed before breathing in exhaustion, “Will you please help me”
Kevin grabbed the plate and put it by Twilight.

“Thanks,” Twilight obliged.

“Don’t mention it,” Kevin managed as Twilight attempted a fake smile. Kevin then smiled back.
Twilight then continued to try to open the refrigerator to get herself an apple. Refusing to let someone help her, she made several grunting noises in the vain attempt to open up the refrigerator. Kevin eventually gave up her magic and went to open the fridge himself. Twilight rolled her eyes as he brought the door to full open position.

“Is there something wrong, Twilight?” Kevin asked worriedly.

“Yes…”Twilight unsettled.

“Can I help you?” Kevin used his most heartfelt voice understanding that she was in a very sad position and most likely could not use her magic for reasons concerning her more recent ablutions.

“There’s nothing.” Twilight gasped as she turned her head towards the table. She saddened. There was no use in a unicorn that couldn’t use her magic. She felt useless, and very, very unloved. Especially here. Especially after being in that room with that man. That man that above all of her former “roommates” had hated by far worse.

“Twilight,” Kevin pertained, “Twilight. No. Don’t be sad. Promise me that you’ll be alright.”

“I can’t use magic as well as I used to. I could barely lift that spoon last night. I…”

“Twilight,” Kevin stopped her.

“But...”

“Twilight?” Kevin now pouted, “Promise me that no matter what condition you’re in that you will be okay. That you will be happy, because I am here to help. As long as you are here to help yourself. C’mon I’ll help.”
Kevin brought her out an apple and shined it.

“Here.”
Twilight hadn’t used her hooves as often as she could. She really should have done so whenever possible encase her were ever to run out of it: as a situation like this would demand.

Twilight slowly eat the apple while Kevin ate cereal. Today, he would have eaten bacon and eggs, but simply because Twilight was here, he had to get used a totally vegan diet.

Twilight finished the apples and fumbled towards the couch she lay down and reached for a book. There were no books, though.

“I’ll get you some books when I can.” faltered Kevin. Twilight smiled. Kevin turned on the TV for her and brought it to the discovery family network.

“My Little Pony will be on in thirty minutes, Kevin recalled before he pulled out a laptop and looked for job openings and made several calls (lasting until 2:00 in the afternoon).
Twilight marveled at the matter that someone had managed to understand and follow all of her adventures. She watched the episodes where she investigates the Pinkie sense: “Feeling Pinkie Keen” and the one where all of the mane six tell the stories of their cutie mark adventures: “The Cutie mark Chronicles.”
She then turned to her new friend bearing her feelings about this world. She had missed her friends and wanted to go back.

“Can you take me back to the portal? I can show you where it is.”

“I could. Where is it?”

“It was by the school on the road down two blocks.”

Kevin was very surprised at her enthusiasm. He had just gotten to know her on a personal level and she already wanted to leave. Although it was very understandable, he wished he could be here for her for her for longer in his head silently. He then realized how selfish that thought was. He can’t hold Twilight away from her friends especially in this condition. He nodded. He would have to do this tomorrow. It was a little late for today. He described this to Twilight. Twilight nodded slowly and got slowly to her feet before trudging over to the fridge to get another apple (that Kevin had to go and help her get).

Twilight woke up the next morning excited to go back to Ponyville and see her friends. After ten days of being on earth rather than Equestria, she could see her friends.

After ten days, the town of Ponyville was in ruins

Ten days since Kevin had first heard Twilight crying in the next-door room.

After ten days, Twilight had left and no one in all of Equestria would look at Twilight the same again. Their only hope.

Kevin hesitantly got his keys and escorted Twilight to his car. Twilight limped across the room towards the door. Kevin decided that this act was not healthy for her and instead picked her up in one arm and brought her through the terrace to his car (in the back so that she wouldn’t be seen).

Twilight laid on the seat: both giving extra protection from being seen and relaxing her aching leg.
After an hour (twice as long as it should have taken, because Kevin stalled the car from moving at the full speed limit to spend as much time with the alicorn in the back seat as possible).
Kevin parked the car and looked for any bypasses. When he decided the coast was clear, he took Twilight out of the back seat and asked her where the portal was. It appeared non-existent. Twilight urged him to put her down. Only she knew how to go through the portal. She got her hooves firmly to the ground as she limped across the ground to the center of the street. This was how she got through: she had to locate the approximate location that the portal was and think very strongly about her friends. The portal ran off of the magic of friendship. She concentrated on her friends back in Ponyville and thought long and hard before looking back at her friend here on earth that had been so nice to her: even bringing her to where he knew he would see her no more.

Kevin waited by his car and stared at the alicorn. Her sad face looking back at him melted his heart one more time before the alicorn disappeared into thin air. Kevin was just a stranger, now. A stranger sitting on the side of the road staring blankly into the space before him. He wanted to follow her, but he didn’t know how to. There was no way of knowing how she randomly vanished through the portal. He sat taking in defeat. That was a good word for it. Defeated. Defeated by fate. That such an occurrence should happen and he would be the proud friend of someone that he looked up to for so long before all in one day, she had left him all alone. Defeated.

Defeated. All of Equestria. Defeated. Twilight had just appeared in the same spot as she had disappeared in over a week ago. It wasn’t the same, though. The ground and all of its inhabitants were gone. There was only fire. Fire all around. It seemed to run towards her. It blisteringly curved towards her. She feared she would not see her friends again. She would never see Kevin. She thought these things before looking up and finding her very friends hanging. Suspended in magic. Strong magic. The only creature that she could recall being able to levitate so many things at one time was a draconequus, but there were all of her friends up there. There was Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rose, Doctor, Derpy, Lily, Lyra, Zecora and even Discord. There was no way that he could be doing this. He was under the spell, and if he was under the spell, it must be an unbreakable spell. Everypony she knew and more: piled on top of one another. She had to be concerned… but she had no magic. She was a wounded alicorn. A wounded wing, and wounded leg, and several bruises. She had no chance with the little levitation abilities she had that she could help anypony. She had to help them though.

Pinkie, the one pony that seems to know everything about everything that was going on. Turned her head to see whomever had just came into this dimension. It was Twilight. She had come for them, and by the look and her face, she actually remembered her. Pinkie had thought several days ago that Twilight had completely forgot her. She had no idea that she couldn’t remember her anymore.

“Twilight.” Pinkie whispered so as not to wake the sleeping demon down below.

Twilight didn’t respond.

“Twilight!” Pinkie whispered in the loudest voice possible.

Twilight woke up from her trance and glanced at Pinkie

“I can’t help,” Twilight squeaked, I’ve… My magic is… gone.” Twilight can’t seem to take a break from crying, this month. She buried her face in her hooves. Her friends were all unable to do anything, today. They were all going to be prisoners just as she had been.

“Twilight,” Pinkie called again from the sky above. She obviously was imprisoned by some being. It would explain all of the changes in all of the landscape. “That’s okay, Twilight. Save yourself, He’s waking. He wants you, first. Run!” Pinkie only screamed the last words. After seeing her long lost friend that it turn out did remember her, she had to tell her to leave for her own sake. Twilight had to save herself until her magical abilities returned. She would be back in time to save them.

Twilight ran to the portal (which on this side of the veil was visible). She thought strongly about her friends back on earth: in human form. Regardless of how hard that was considering she had her original friend’s right here, she had to in order to save them. She kept trying, but the matter that her real friends were still here, and they needed her kept her from helping it. Twilight stopped thinking as time seemed to slow down. The ground shook. Pinkie seemed to be yelling at her in the slowest way possible. All of her other friends had noticed her and started chanting along with Pinkie. A tear fell from both Twilight’s and Pinkie’s eye as Twilight again stepped in to the portal thinking all about her new friend. She thought strongly about Kevin and all that he had done to help her in a two-day period including: giving up his bed while she was hurt, buying her food, and getting everything for her, because he understood her condition. All this and more flooded her head as she vanished closing her eyes and vanishing. A tail hit the portal. Destroying it seconds after the mare left for Earth. With the portal gone, the demon couldn’t see her entrance as clearly, but the land that it had stood on would be under his domain. Next time Twilight came, there will be no safe spot.

Kevin shed one tear. Knowing that it was very selfish to want to keep the magnificent pony in his dimension, he finally whipped aside the thought and turned to his car. He had one person to take care of now, and sadly his list of people only included him. He put the key in the ignition and turned it: looking one more time at the place where Twilight had gone, looking slowly back to the dashboard and then glancing back as out of the corner of his eye, he saw something purple. There was nothing. He started driving towards the hotel room, passing his old dormitory. He shed another tear. Twilight was gone. She had gone to live with her friends in Ponyville forever. Kevin had lost his friend.