• Published 14th Feb 2015
  • 1,441 Views, 34 Comments

Diary of a Dragon - truekry



Journal entrys of Spike the Dragon about his life with ponies.

  • ...
10
 34
 1,441

Entry #16

How lucky can one single dragon be?

I have... a marefriend, I guess? I mean, we kissed and... yeah, that's all we did actually. So I don't really know but I'm pretty sure.

So what happened over the last three days I didn't write? Well, mom wasn't angry, that's a start. Again we talked a lot and she said that since I'm a teenage dragon she expected that my hormones will go crazy at some point and I would start doing stupid things. And now that she knew of Sweetie she said things finally made sense for her. Also, she wasn't surprised I would have a thing for Sweetie Belle. Why is no one finding that weird?

I was a little surprised she didn't got the secret out of Applejack. I thought she had talked by now. Twilight can be pretty headstrong too if she wants and I don't think we have an anvil lying around to throw at her. It helped to pull her from Pinkie in the past. "I would never do something like that to Applejack. If she doesn't want to tell me a secret, I let her be. I love her to much to do otherwise." Still have a lot to learn I think.

I'm still in a lot of trouble. I won't get any pocket money for the next ten to five years or so. Not until the machines in the arcade are paid off. I'm also banned from the arcade, for a month. Eight Bit was here yesterday and I apologized of course - I'm doing that a lot lately too - and he said it was fine. He was young once too and knows that a stallion can get a little hot headed if another stallions approaches his mare. Of course he was right next to the dancing game when it happened and he saw everything. He just made me promise to not scare Button anymore. His marefriend wouldn't like the smell of piss very much.

I didn't know Button had a marefirend in the first place. Her name is... I don't remember. We talked so much it slipped my mind. Just like the idea that Button really just wanted to beat that highscore with Sweetie. They are friend after all. I feel so dumb. The rest of that day I stayed in my room and pitied myself. Nothing I really I want to write about much.

So then yesterday happened. Sweetie of all ponies felt sorry and wanted to apologize to me. Do you get that? Because I didn't. She came over and knocked at my door. I hat myself shut in. Closed the curtains, the door and no light was burning. It made me feel... better in some way. Like it was a cave. I don't know what that is with dragon and caves but it somehow works. I told who ever there was to go away. "Oh, OK. I come back later then", she said in her sweet voice. I nearly fell as I rushed to the door and opened it. And Sweetie Belle was just standing there, trying to smile, but it just came out as a sad smile. "Can we talk?"

The words hurt. It were the same word Rarity used when she let me down. My heart missed a beat that moment I think. All I could think was: "Please, not again." But I invited her in and opened the curtains so she could see the mess I had made out of my room. I also opened the window. Some smoke was still under the ceiling. With the stuff I had thrown around the only place for her to really sit down was my bed. I stayed on the ground and sit down next to her in front of the bed, looking at my feet.

She started to apologize then, said she didn't want to make me jealous. I tried to deny it, but the evidence was overwhelming. Young Sweetie maybe had believed me, but the Sweetie on my bed didn't. She told me that the game got her all fired up and she really wanted to beat that highscore too and it was just like they were foals again, playing. She didn't even tried to hurt me or something like that. She really had fun with me and she didn't want something like that to ruin what started so nice. That was when she hugged me from behind, her front legs going over my shoulder while she was nuzzling my head. "I was so scared Spike. Not for me, but for you. You looked so pained. You cried the whole time."

I don't even remember that I cried while I was in rage. I thought it had started after I came to my senses again.

I told her. I told her that I liked her and that when I saw her at the party, that I thought she looked really good, that I like her smile, her carefree attitude and I wanted to tell her so much more but I never could. She put her lips on mine and silenced me. I've been kissed before. By Twilight, by Rarity, by Cadance or by Twilights Mom but never, ever I felt like I felt that moment. I felt like I could lift the whole castle and more. I felt like a million bits. That was my real first kiss, on the lips, and it was the greatest thing I've ever done. We stayed in my room a few hours and kissed a little more. OK, a lot more. I can't put into words. I just know that these hours felt like they were gone too fast.

Sweetie had to go home at some point. She had to train, do her chores in the boutique and so on. And she said I should perhaps clean my room. A lady doesn't like to make out in a messy room very much after all. But after all of that, I would clean all of the castle without as much as a complain.

I'm going to visit her tomorrow. Buy some flowers and hopefully kiss some more. It's really nice, OK?