• Published 19th Mar 2015
  • 5,393 Views, 301 Comments

Light of Harmony - GjallarFox



The Traveler has felt the victory of its Guardians at the Black Garden. With this decisive victory comes a new decision: take the fight to the Darkness. With a set of six Ghosts sent to the far reaches of the Sol system, what is it expecting to find?

  • ...
13
 301
 5,393

::Dead Ghost::

There are dozens of rumors on what potential the Warminds hold. Ever since Rasputin was rediscovered in the Moscow Cosmodrome in Old Russia, talk of the metaphorical olive branch being given to the ancient leviathan AI has spread even into the chambers of the Vanguard headquarters. But there is ignorance in these discussions, as there is informational inconsistencies that I have gleaned from looking into Rasputin's logs. Before a certain point, Rasputin would always signoff using his full name, but began abbreviating it to RSPN for seemingly no reason. There were no updates to his protocol at the time, and plenty of free space in his memory banks. I would liked to have inspected the logs of the other Warminds. Perhaps they too began abbreviating their names for reasons we cannot currently comprehend. I am so terribly curious.

But, that opportunity is behind me, and I am certain that I will not return to the Traveler to tell what I have learned, so I am writing this while another consciousness controls my body and Light. I was contacted by a signal from somewhere around Jupiter. It was an SOS, so I answered the call, expecting to see a Guardian's request for repairs to their ship that their own Ghost could not handle on its own, or perhaps an echo of a Golden Age evacuation ship bouncing off of something in space. This action of me accepting the distress call put a virus in me, and now there is another AI in my body. It is more powerful than me, and its purpose and origins are unknown to me. But I can say for certain that the signal was from something built by human hands. It did not outright kill me, and I think that should be pointed out as a clue in case I am rediscovered by Guardians.

The other guy in me has used my light to bring back a sentient creature. I would not have picked that one in particular, as it does not seem to have the kind of Light that I look for.

It seems to be some form of equine creature. It had a few devices on its body that resembled a horn and wings. Perhaps advanced prosthetics? The other guy reshaped its body to be more humanoid, but left the devices mostly alone. It said its name was [redacted]. It can tap into the ambient energy field around this planet, but I can't figure out how. It has something to do with the prosthetic horn on its head, but I don't have access to my analysis systems.

The other guy is using all of my Light...

I think I am going to die here, so very far from the Traveler.