• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 4,954 Views, 41 Comments

My Little Human - Merotik



After discovering a human baby boy, Princess Celestia takes the child under her wing and raises him as her own. Yet, she knows humans don't belong in their world and one day she have to decide whether to keep him, or send him back to where he belongs

  • ...
12
 41
 4,954

Sunrise at Canterlot Castle

It had been over two months ever since she found the baby. She tried to keep him a secret, but the media always seems to get its way.

After discovering that Celestia had found a baby in the forest and was keeping him in the castle caused local ponies of the newspaper to want to investigate. However, after discovering that the baby was not only NOT a pony, but not a species that anyone had ever heard of before, this cause the press from all over Equestria to want to investigate.

This caused Celestia to stay close to the baby as much as possible.

Celestia didn't mind however. This gave her an excuse to relax and take breaks every now and then. When ever she began to feel stressed or overwhelmed, she would simply tell her staff that she had to check on the baby. Then, she would spend her time with the baby until she had to return to her work.

She enjoyed her time with the baby. She would play with him, feed him, and teach him various new things (like how she lifted the sun and moon, and how Pegasus fly). And the baby enjoyed being with Celestia as well. Whenever Celestia had to attend her work, the baby would be watched by a nanny until she returned. Whenever she left, the baby would cry and become upset until Celestia returned. Whenever Celestia was around, the baby would always be happy and full of energy. He also showed signs of being very curious and wanting to learn, despite his young age (which, the doctors found out that he was about two years old).

Celestia had tried to find the child's parents as best as she could, sending large groups of soldier to find anybody that resembled the baby, sending word out all across the land that there was a child found, and even searching for the parents herself at one point. Despite all of their attempts, they could not find the parents.

Celestia wanted to find the parents fast, she couldn't keep the baby in the castle forever. She was a princess after all, and as much as she would love a child of her own, her duties wouldn't allow it. So, she would have to either find the parents or have him sent to an orphanage.

She didn't like the idea of having the baby sent to an orphanage. He's not a pony, and sure enough theirs bound to be ponies who will bully and make fun of him, just because he's different.

This made her worry.

She had just finished her work for the day and took a look at the clock. It was 7:30; sunset. She decided to set the sun and spend the rest of the night with the baby.

She still hasn't given him a name, she was afraid that by giving him a name she would become too attached to him. Then, what if after she gives him a name his parents would appear to take him away. She couldn't bare the thought of having someone so close taken away. She's already lost one family member, and she didn't want to lose another.

She entered her bed chambers, and sure enough, the nanny held the baby in her front legs, rocking him and trying to calm him down. The baby was crying, not as loud as usual though.

"Seems like he's becoming more comfortable with you" said Celestia with a smile.

"Hardly, he's just tired from crying all day" said the nanny, smiling back.

As soon as the baby heard the princess's voice, he immediately stopped crying and was now laughing, as he stretched his arms up, wanting a hug from Celestia.

The princess took the baby, and the baby immediately gave the princess a big hug, smiling.

The nanny smiled. "well, if that's all you need princess,"she said, picking up her bags and heading for the door.

"Yes that's all, thank you Care-a-Lot," said the princess, as she took the baby with her outside on to the balcony.

She set the baby down next to her and had begun to light up her magic, slowly setting the sun.

She lifted the baby with her wing and held on to him as she placed him on the railing (still keeping hold as to not let him fall). They both stared out across Canterlot, observing the city on that high castle balcony.

"See that little one? as the sun sets, you can see the entire city shine," she said to the baby, smiling. The baby had begun laughing, she chuckled, happy to see the child's excitement.

"You know, as much as I love seeing the city shine during the sunset, I still wish I could spend these moments with my sister," Celestia said, frowning. The baby looked at her, curious.

"Oh, you'd love to see her little one, she's so full of energy just like you. But she tries to hide it and acts too mature for her age. She's younger than I am, so I try to tell her to play and enjoy her time while she's still young, but every times the same, always telling me that she's too grown up to spend her time with such childish activities. Sometimes we argue over this, but in the end, were laughing, laughing together, because we love each other, as sisters should," Celestia finished, a tear in her eye. She wiped it away and continued. "but I'm sure you'll meet her someday, and I bet she'll be glad to see you as well," she said to the baby, smiling. The baby smiled back.

The sun had set by now, and the shine the town had was now gone, replaced with the lights of houses, shops, and street lamps.

"Come little one, time for bed," Celestia said, as she lifted the baby with her magic and returned back inside.

She placed the child in his bed, which was placed next to the princess's bed. She got ready for bed, and fifteen minutes later, returned from the restroom, seeing that the child had already fallen asleep, a smile on his face. She chuckled, "even in your sleep, you're so happy," she said to herself. She then placed herself in her own bed, drifting to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She awoke, in a cold sweat. Something had set off the alarm. Celestia rushed of the bed, quickly placing her crown, shoes, and necklace on.

She galloped through her door and rushed to the sound of where the alarm was coming from.

When she arrived, she saw three night guards, all unconscious. A fourth guard was helping to treat to their wounds. He then notice the princess approach him.

"Celestia... its... him" ,said the guard, having difficulty talking due to his own injuries.

She gasped, and began galloping down the hall. As she did, she heard a loud bang come from the end of the hall. She galloped faster, as fast as she could.

When she arrived at the end of the hall, she saw that she was at the front of the castle, the front doors to the castle in front of her, a chandelier above her, and a balcony behind her.

Suddenly, the chandelier broke. Celestia dodged it, having been seconds away from being crushed. Suddenly, she heard a laugh.

She looked atop the balcony, and gasped at what she saw.

There, standing in the moonlight was a tall, slim figure. He wore what appeared to be black dragon skin, and had metal armor placed on his hands, legs, chest, and head. He had mechanical wings on his back, and a sword handle on his waist. The metal helmet was shaped like a dragons head, but he was not a dragon.

He reached up, and slowly took off his helmet.

"No," Celestia said, shocked at what she was seeing.

The figure had taken of his helmet, revealing not a dragon, but a species she had never seen before.

He had white and pink skin (not any shade of pink she had ever seen before), he had no fur, but had long greasy pitch black hair, a scar on his right cheek, and was giving her a very sinister smile.

"Please... don't do this," Celestia said, with worry in her expression. "I could help you, we can fix this, together," she said, trying to reason with the mysterious figure.

This made the figure laugh, "oh I think you've already done PLENTY!" said the mysterious figure, as he began to reach for the blade handle.

"I did what I thought was best for you! I tried to help you!" ,she said, tears coming from her eyes. This made the figure angry.

"HELP ME!?! You think abandoning me is considered HELPING!?!" the figure shouted, holding the empty handle in his grasp now.

"I was going to send you to where you belong! With your own kind! Don't you want to be with your own people? Where you belong?" said the princess, tears falling uncontrollably now.

The figure stared at her, rage in his eyes. "WHERE I BELONG!?! SO YOUR SAYING I DON'T BELONG HERE!?! IN EQUESTRIA!?!" he shouted the words with all his might.

The princess was taken aback, "no, you misunderstand, I'm just trying to-"

"Oh I think I understand just fine!" interrupted the figure, still shouting. "I understand just fine that it was never about me, it never was! It was always about your precious ponies! You always loved them! You watch over them, giving them love and protection! While I had to stand idly by getting kicked and pushed around, just because I'm not a pony!" shouted the figure.

"No, please, you don't understand-"

"But its not just the ponies, oh no, its not. Its everything that lives in Equestria! The animal, the dragons, the breezys, everything that doesn't look like me!" he interrupted again. "Its not that you don't love me because I'm a not a pony, its that you don't love me because I'm a FREAK!" the figure shouted, his rage slowly rising.

"No, please, its not like that, if you could, just listen, then I could tell you that-" Celestia tried to explain before she was caught off by him laughing.

"Me? Listen to you? The great, powerful, so called 'loving princess' who would abandon even the most closest of friends and family just because their different, now wants me, to listen to her!?! HA! If I was in the mood for talking, I wouldn't have brought my 'tools' with me" he said, chuckling.

The princess back away a few steps. "what do you want?" she asked.

"Oh I think you know exactly what I want!" he said. He pressed a button that was on the empty sword handle. Suddenly, a flaming sword erupted from the empty handle, he took a step to the edge of the balcony.

"No," Celestia begged, taking another step back.

"You know what I want Celestia," he said with a sinister smile.

"NO!" Celestia shouted, taking another step back.

"I want," he said as he bent his knees, preparing to jump.

"NOOOOOO!!!" Celestia shouted with all her might.

"Your blood!" the figure shouted, as he jumped off the balcony, directly to Celestia. He took the flaming sword and went to attack Celestia. Celestia screamed, as the sword was thrusted at her.

"GLEEEEEEEEE!!!" she shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celestia awoke, panting as she looked around the room. No alarm, no intruders, she was safe.

'A dream, it was just a dream' ,she thought, as she looked at the clock. 7:00, time to raise the sun. She went to get up before she realize something was different. She looked at the bed that the child should be sleeping in and realized he was missing. She immediately jumped from the bed and looked around the room. She was about to call the guards before hearing a small chuckle come from the balcony.

The baby was outside, staring out into the distance, chuckling to himself.

The princess sighed with relief, as she went to the balcony with the baby.

"What are you doing out here so early little one?" she asked, smiling.

The baby looked at her and began laughing. Celestia levitated him onto her back.

"I guess since you're awake, you can watch me lift the sun if you like?"

The baby laughed in response, the princess considered this a yes.

The princess lit here magic again. Slowly, light over the horizon began to rise, revealing the sun. The baby stopped laughing and had begun staring in amazement. Celestia noticed and chuckled.

"Now, don't stare at the sun little one, although its a beautiful sight, you don't want to hurt you eyes," Celestia said, gently. She watched the sun for a minute before turning to the child again. He was pointing at the sun, confusion in his eyes.

Celestia smiled. "Do you want to know how I raise the sun little one?" she asked, the baby nodded.

Celestia chuckled. "well, you see, I use my alicorn magic to levitate the sun and moon in their proper positions every day, It my duty as the princess," she said gently.

The baby still looked confused, and pointed at her horn.

"Oh, my horn? Well, it helps me use my magic," she explained.

The baby reached over and touched it, then he felt his own forehead, finding that it had no horn, he frowned.

"Do not worry little one, you may not have a horn, but that does not mean you do not have magic. Every living creature has magic. Magic that comes in every way ,shape or form" Celestia explained. After hearing this, the baby began to laugh again, smiling.

Celestia chuckled. "My goodness, you are just a little ray of sunshine aren't you?" she said, smiling. The baby laughed in response. "So happy, and full of glee," she said to herself as she turned back to raising the sun.

"I love you mommy!"

Taken aback, She turned back ,facing the child again. "Did you say something?" she asked, staring at the child.

"I love you mommy!" the baby said again, smiling.

Celestia smiled, she finished raising the sun and place the baby back on the ground.

She knew she couldn't keep him, she was a princess, and as a princess she had many duties to attend to, she couldn't raise a child of her own.

But as she looked into the child's eyes, she felt a deep feeling in her chest, a feeling that only a mother could have. The feeling that comes from the love of a mother and child.

"So full of glee, my little ray of sunshine," she said to the child.

The child smiled at her, and reached for a hug.

Celestia hugged the child, a tear in her eye.

"I love you too, Glee Sunrise"