• Published 8th Feb 2015
  • 365 Views, 17 Comments

Singing Bass - jona gold



A story of a singer who unwillingly goes to compete in a comptition. Does he stand a chance? or will he shine above them all? lets find out,shall we?

  • ...
9
 17
 365

a small compitition

Bass sat in a coffee shop with his friends, Octavia and Vinyl.

'' I don't see why you don't join us, Bass. I assure you it will be worth your time.'' Octavia said after sipping her tea. ''You may even get to see sing for royalty.'' she smiled at this.

''Yea! besides who cares if those stuck up royals don't like you? OW!" Vinyl yelped as she was punched in the shoulder. ''Not cool Tavi, not cool.'' She said rubbing her shoulder.

''I'm not going, I can't stand being the laughing stock of Equestria....''He sighed," Why doesn't anypony like to listen to somepony sing bass?'' he questioned sipping his lemonade. ''It's not like my tune bucket doesn't have a bottom.''

''Hey, it sounded cool when you sang for my gig last week.'' Vinyl added. It was true, he felt happy when she asked him to put lyrics to her song. The roar of the crowd made him feel amazing.

''That is true, I enjoyed it very much. let me know if you need me to sing again, okay?'' Vinyl smiled and nodded.

Octavia looked at her friends and smiled. ''Don't you think Bass should at least try to go with us? Even if he doesn't sing, it would be nice for him to travel and see Canterlot.'' There she went again, trying to make him feel like he just had to go.

''I told you I don't want to go...I'm not comfortable being in a big city like Canterlot, plus I don't know what to sing...'' He said, sounding a little scared at the idea of a big city.

''Come on bro. I'm sure you'll love it. Might even find a nice mare or two.'' Vinyl chuckled at her joke.

''Very funny, Mrs. Melody.'' He said as he knew saying she was married to Octavia got on her nerves. Yes, they were together, but she and Octavia decided to just be lovers.

''Buck off Bass....'' Vinyl laughed, trying to hide her anger.

''Bass... you're going, You will be amazing. Now ,get packed ,our train leaves tomorrow morning.'' Octavia smiled as she saw his eyes widen. He's stuck now she thought.

''Ugh...well...if I'm going I better be prepared.'' He said as he got up. ''What time?'' He asked.

''Six o'clock in the morning.'' Octavia said as vinyl groaned. Octavia smiled as she knew he couldn't say ''no'' if she already paid for his ticket.

''See you then.'' He said as he left to go and pack at home.''How does she always take advantage of me like that? She knows I hate when people buy tickets to things for me....'' He sighed. Bass went to his small room in his small apartment. He got out his suit case and packed. A book, two pens, a sketch pad and three blue bow ties is all there was to pack. ''That should do it.'' He said as he sat at his old desk to look through songs.''It has to be just right, this is for royalty.'' He spent the next three hours looking through them.

The next morning Bass was at the train station with Octavia and Vinyl, waiting for the train.

''So,what did you choose to play?'' Bass asked vinyl.

''It's a concoction I made last week ,after the gig.'' She said happily as he asked the same to Octavia

Octavia grinned. ''I chose Behooven's fifth.'' She loved to play that song. to her, it will last over several more years of generations.

''A classic as always.'' Bass said, smiling to his friends.

''What about you?'' They both seemed to say in unison.

''It's a surprise.'' He grinned as the train pulled in. He found a compartment that was empty ,and sat across from Octavia and Vinyl. The entire way there Vinyl was trying to get Bass to tell her what song he was going to sing.

''Come on! Tell me!'' She said with a little agitation in her voice.

''Not going to happen ,Vinyl dear'' He said as he put down his book.

''Hope you two don't mind, but I think a nap is in order.'' Said the grey mare with a yawn. Bass nodded as Vinyl cuddled up to her mare friend. He laid his head on the bench,and drifted off to sleep.

-----------dream land---------

Bass stood on stage in front of the princess'. He had just sung the worst song in his career, and felt like the world around him was laughing. They were, the entire crowd was laughing! His song ,and voice had failed him. He ran out of the Royal Canterlot Concert Hall at full gallop. ''Never again!'' He yelled as he ran.

''Why!? Why did I choose that stupid song?!'' He could hear the voices of princess Celestia ,and Luna saying how bad it was. He felt tears stream down his face as a news paper hit him. He fell down. He got up, and started to cry again as he read the front page. '' Pony bass singer tanks at competition!'' He felt a pain in his leg, and after inspection found it was broken. Ponies started coming from nowhere. Yelling ,and laughing at him.

''look at the has been! He thinks he's good enough to be on our level!'' He heard Octavia say as she kissed vinyl.

--real world--


''AH!'' He shot up like a bullet. His two friends jumped in surprise.

''You ok bud?'' Vinyl said, as she walked over placing a hoof on his shoulder.

''Y-yea...I'm fine...just a bad dream.'' He mumbled.

''You were crying, and you streamed.'' Octavia said standing next to Vinyl.

''I said I'm fine, it's not that bad.'' He was a horrid liar.

''Go on, tell us your horrid dream'' said Vinyl.

Bass sighed ''fine...just, don't get mad at me...'' Octavia and Vinyl sat and listened ,as Bass told them of his dream.

''You two kissed...then I woke up screaming...''He said. Octavia was blushing ,and Vinyl raised an eyebrow.

''Well...you will do great Bass, I know it'' Octavia said breaking the silence. The trained stopped.

''We're here!'' Vinyl shouted in glee.

''Oh buck.'' He said as he saw how big the city was. This was going to be a very new thing for him. Lets hope he can handle the stress, and udder confusion that is yet to come.

''Move it ,or lose it slow poke!'' Vinyl yelled.

''Oh can it scratch, I'm coming.'' He said as he got his things, and fallowed his friends off the train.

Author's Note:

hope you all like it! let me know in the comments if you caught the reference I made to a certain Disney movie. and let me know what you think so far! this is my first time writing a fan fic so please be alittle lenient?
special thanks to The Blessed One , for helping me correct the errors I made.