• Published 28th Apr 2015
  • 272 Views, 0 Comments

All in Good Fun - Ponyess



It was all in good fun, but it apparently amassed a good deal of bits. All of a sudden I found myself the owner of an entire Hotel, and all associated Assets. Including the Party Shop and great Halls for Parties. This is where it got interesting.

  • ...
 0
 272

Prologue of the Party: 2

Author's Note:

Diana Pie's POV

I had known that my account at the Convention hall was filling up fairly generously, by the sound of what they told me, each and every time I got back. They never asked for a single bit.

The initial convention had been very popular, much more so than they had predicted. The same went for all the conventions and parties I set up after that. If it is my name, or the spirit of the events I set up, who’s to say, I never asked.

The last time I was here, they had smiled at me, just as expected. Maybe they smiled too brightly? Either way, they were very kind and helpful.

Only now, they had greeted me in a very different one. Maybe you could call it the way you would greet your employer, or your Princess? Of course, there are balloons, streamers and confetti all around. I had the strange sensation, as if the entire Hotel is just one huge, great continuous party with scattered conventions on each and every level.

Thinking of it, they had even changed the sign at the entrance over the lobby. The sign now reads; “Diana’s Parties and Conventions”, as opposed to the old sign.

If they had been nice and friendly before, something had changed in the core of the relation. All my parties are free to partake in, the same was established about the conventions. It was only too natural to me. I couldn’t ask anyone to pay, now could I? How the funds had been generated is beyond me.

Looking around; I can see that it is brand new, everything had been polished. I never asked anyone to maintain a thing, just to make sure the items required was in place and for free. Pastries, cakes, balloons, streamers.

To me, it is all in good fun, why else throw a party or pull a joke? I prank anyone I think can take it, while I leave the rest to enjoy the merry mood left from the jokes, pranks and parties. There really is nothing more to it.


“Welcome back, Diana Pie!” the girl at the first desk of what now had become my lobby.

“Hiya and thanks!” I exclaimed in the manner of including everyone in the room.

“To be perfectly frank an honest, some of us doubted you could pull of even the first convention. Yet, here we are, at your very own Party Pallace. From the conventional titles, we are to call you Queen. It is a true honour and joy to be working for you, Diana!” the foreman spoke.

“I know. It is all in good fun. Joy is my purpose here. If I see a smile or hear a laughter I am the winner, no matter what effort I have to put into it. Maybe I sold a large pile of gems in order to finance the original occasion, but it was all worth it, knowing you enjoyed it. I would be more comfortable if you referred to me as Princess, the other title comes with uncomfortable connotations I am not in the mood to explain right now. Otherwise, I would love for you to just call me Pinkie. Besides, from what I have just gathered, this is a day to celebrate!” I proclaimed.

“If a party isn’t fun, it is no party. That certainly is something we can live by. It may be a bit new and unaccustomed to some of us, but it certainly works for us. Woah, a pile of gems? Are you referring to jewels like Diamonds and Rubies? Then we are referring to you as Princess Pinkie, if it is what makes you feel better. It is always bad business to make your Employer or benefactor feel bad, even when she is gracious enough to forgive such a transgression. For you, Pinkie, we will make our best to make this into the Capital of joy in the spirit you intended it to me!” the Foreman stated.

“Capital of joy, I can go with that. It already is a rare gem, well worth my investment. Yeah, Diamonds and Rubies. A friend of mine has the affinity to supply us with time back home. She is known as Rarity and the most generous and caring person you ever saw. Benefactor seems the better of the two words, even if that may go further than just the people who work here. If a friend of mine could get used to be called Princess, why would I be any worse? I guess I could be the Princess of Parties?” I pointed out with a grin spreading out over my face.

“Your approval alone could grant your establishment an extra star, from the manner in which you are running things here. That could explain the pile of cash you fronted on the initial Convention. Once the word hit the street, the places got stuffed to the brim. Sadly, we had to post guards in order to stay within the safety limits of the room. If you have a friend like that, I guess gems grow on trees where you live? That certainly is a special friend of yours!” she responded with a few teasing undertones on and off throughout the response.

“An extra Star? When it comes to the joy of planning a party, it isn’t random and I most certainly don’t hold back. What is a pile of gems, compared with the joy of your friends smiling? Guards, I am not sure if I should be appalled or delighted. Yet, if it is in the name of safely, I guess I will have to approve in the end. I can never approve of anyone getting hurt, there is no fun in hurt. Grows on trees? In a sense I guess you are right, as hilarious a joke as that sounds like. She certainly is special, she is one of my bestest friends, you know!” I pointed out, ignorant of the taunts and teases.

“The stars is a measurement of your standing in the community. The quality of your services. You do have four stars at this time. With just a little push, you could easily make that Five stars, Pinkie. A pile of gems is just the representation of funds, even if they could be utilized to decorate jewelery or buildings as well, there is nothing inherently valuable in them besides that. Oh yeah, we do value safety above all. A tiny incident would still leave a scare in the reputation on which our business is built. Sounds as if you are fortunate to live in a strange but fabulous place. Now you make us wish we had been born to your world!” she responded, eyes cast down.

“Then that is what we are going to do. Since I am here now, I can oversee the push too. Exactly. Sounds reasonable, I can’t sand having anyone hurt on my party. I can’t afford the way it dampens the spirit of my party. I live there, so it is this place that is strange to me, but I guess some of my friends still love to hear you saying their place is Fabulous!” I responded.

“Unless you have a plan for something special in mind, we need to plan this carefully. You certainly are, which leads to the conclusion; we need to take advantage of your ideas while you still are here. Then we can push even harder to maintain the safety on each and every one within the building and the property at large. Yet, you take the effort of sharing with us nonetheless. We rejoice in your presence. Maybe adding a fabulous flair to the place could add the final touch, when everything is just ripe for the joy?” she pondered.

“Maybe a tour of the place is in order? Then I could point out, just where we could do what. If any of you have ideas, make sure to let me know!” I responded.

“A tour it is. I know you have seen most of the place already, at one time or another. Yet, it is still easier to get the details right while we look at what we are talking about!” she agreed, pulling me in.

--- --- ---

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment