• Published 1st Feb 2015
  • 1,263 Views, 32 Comments

The Reject Club - Eggtaro



Life in Canterlot High was already hard as it is. But finding a school club to join? Even harder. All Celery wanted was to be able join a school club, so he can understand what it feels like to belong somewhere. He ends up in an unlikely club.

  • ...
2
 32
 1,263

Just Started

Fluttershy fidgeted in her seat. She was feeling very nervous. She spent most of her time with the Rainbooms in CHS. But now, here she was, seated with a group of people she barely hung out with. She knew most of them by name, and had chatted with a few of them on seldom occurrences. But that was it.

She kept her eyes glued to the ground, too shy to look directly at anyone in the face. She felt vulnerable, and exposed. She wished her best friends were here with her.

Fluttershy made a sneaky glance at the group of people surrounding her. She still can't believe that she decided to join a new club. She was perfectly happy with her previous one, but sadly, due to the lack of active members---(She's the only one.)--- the school had officially disbanded the Animal Lovers Club.

She let out a soft sigh, recalling the decision that her teacher had given her that morning.


"I'm sorry, Fluttershy. But there is nothing else we can do. The Animal Lovers Club is now disbanded."

Fluttershy tried to hold back her tears, but it proved difficult. Just only yesterday she had already been warned that her club might be closing. She didn't expect it to happen the very next day!

What was she going to do? The Animal Lovers Club was meant to be a club where students can come and play with the animals. It was a great way to relieve stress, and it can also help students to relax. Animal-assisted therapy, she called it.

But the biggest reason the club even existed in the first place was because Fluttershy wanted to bring her animal friends along with her to school. She just doesn't have the heart to leave them all alone at home. Her animal friends were very special to her, and she wanted to be able to see them every single minute.

But the dream had already been shattered. No more club, means no more animal friends. Was this really the end for her and her animal friends?

No...Fluttershy stopped in her tracks, a hand gently rubbing her chin. There is something she could try. The pink haired girl pulled out a piece of folded paper from her pocket. She carefully unfolded the paper, and read its contents.


Yes...this club was her last chance to try and keep her animals with her. The Reject Club is supposedly to be a club where they accept anyone, regardless of their interests, or hobbies. And that the Reject Club also allowed the members to do whatever they liked, as long as it was within reasoning.

Maybe...just maybe, she could convince them to allow her to bring her animals to the club. But for that to actually happen, she needed to speak up. Not cower away in her seat silently. If only she wasn't so shy and timid all the time. She would've been able to speak her mind freely, without fear of offending anyone.

Fluttershy took a couple of deep breaths, and looked up at the rest of the group. Snips was talking. And Snails was busy writing on a piece of paper clipped to a clipboard.

"Now, my fellow clubmates! The Reject Club will gladly accept all of you into our ranks. But we would like to know the reason you wanted to join us." Snips motioned to Bulk Biceps. "Bulk Biceps, if you please? Why did you decided to join us?"

Celery stared at the ridiculously muscular boy with wide eyes. How on earth can anyone be so...so bulky? Did he swallow entire bottles of steroids every morning? Did his mom feed him muscle supplements instead of milk?

Bulk Biceps stood up, flexing his muscles as he does so. "NO WEIGHTLIFTING CLUB!" he yelled, making everyone jump. He quickly sat back down, with a look of pride painted all over his face. Snips smacked his forehead, while Snails snorted with laughter.

"Right...well, you can rest easy now, Bulk. You can do all the weightlifting you want in this club. Just make sure you bring the weights with you." Snips said. Bulk Biceps gave him a nod of gratitude, a satisfied smile on his lips.

Snails continued to jot down on the paper while Snips glanced over at Trixie.

"So, Trixie! What brings you to our humble club?"

Trixie sat up straight at the mention of her name. She flicked her cornflower blue hair back and stared at everyone with a smug look.

"The GREAT, and POWERFUL, TRIXIE!!! Does not need to explain why she is here. You should all be grateful that Trixie even took the time to actually make an appearance here."

Celery thought Trixie was some kind of spoiled little princess. Does she always need to refer to herself that way? Why the emphasis on great and powerful? There was absolutely nothing about her that seemed to be great, or powerful.

Snips gave Trixie a questioning look.

"You got kicked out of your club again, haven't you?" he asked bluntly. Trixie's cheeks immediately turned red.

"T-T-Trixie has no idea what you're talking about!" Trixie stuttered, looking at the floor. "W-why would anyone want to kick the g-great and powerful Trixie from their club?"

"Uh-huh. Right." Snips wasn't satisfied with her answer, but decided to let it slide. "Well, don't you worry, Trixie. No one is gonna ask you to leave unless you want to."

Celery glanced at Trixie, who was grumbling quietly in her seat, with her arms folded across her chest. From the way Snips was asking, it would seem that Trixie had trouble staying in a club.

I can't possibly imagine why... Celery thought, grinning a little. Still... Celery couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Trixie. Getting kicked out from your club. That must've suck.

Fluttershy gave Trixie a gentle rub on the shoulder, offering her a soft smile. Trixie looked up at Fluttershy and smiled back, but didn't say anything.

"Now!" Snips said suddenly, clapping his hands together, causing Fluttershy to let out a tiny squeak. "On to our next member!" he looked at Fluttershy, who quickly averted her gaze and instead stared at the floor silently.

"Er...Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy slowly looked up. Celery didn't get a good look at her during the short introduction. But now that he can see her face clearly, he finds her to be quite pretty. Their eyes met for a brief moment, and Celery found himself blushing. Snips cleared his throat loudly.

Fluttershy took a deep breath. She can do this. She has to. Her moment has arrived, and she wasn't going to let it go to waste. She felt a soft pat on her back, and saw Trixie smiling at her, giving her the thumbs up. Fluttershy smiled. She has overcome a lot of things in the past before: She helped save the entire school from a she-demon (Sorry Sunset!), She also helped defeated the Dazzlings in the Battle of the Bands competition.

Surely, she can pass this hurdle. Right?

"Erm...the reason I'm here is because...erm...my club got disbanded." Fluttershy said softly. Everyone inched closer towards her, their ears strained. Her voice was like marshmallow, soft, and fluffy.

"Disbanded? The Animal Lovers Club?" Snips asked. Fluttershy nodded.

"There wasn't enough members in it." she continued, while placing her backpack gently on her lap. "I was the only one left."

Ouch, Celery thought. And here he was thinking that he had it worst. Getting rejected by clubs you wanted to join was a small matter. At least there wouldn't be any sort of relationships or bonds formed within the club, or with the club members. But seeing your own club get disbanded? One of the places where you've made memories in? That must've been heart-breaking.

"What did your club do?" Celery found himself asking.

"Every time there was a meeting, I would bring some animals to the club. The club members would then play with them..." Fluttershy closed her eyes and smiled softly. She remembered the fun times she had during those sessions. "The club also provided animal-assisted therapy for non-members. You know, to help the students forget about their troubles with life, school, or whatever else that was bothering them."

The pink-haired girl slowly opened her backpack. "But now, with the club gone. These little critters have nowhere else to go."

Celery stared in amazement as a bunch of small animals poured out from her backpack, all surrounding her. There were birds, cats, hedgehogs and other animals. How did all those animals fit in that one small bag?

"Erm...so I was hoping, I mean, if it's okay with you...if I could bring my animal friends to this club? They would get so lonely if I wasn't around." She softly stroked a white bunny on the head, which was seated on her lap. "I mean, if it doesn't bother you and all." she added quickly.

Snips shared a glance with Snails, and then with Celery. Snips raised his eyebrows at him, as if asking him 'What do you think?' Celery shrugged at Snips. He didn't dislike animals, and he wouldn't mind being able to play with some of them.

"We won't reject anyone remember?" Celery asked Snips. "Regardless of who they are or what they like."

Fluttershy's eyes brightened. Does that mean yes? She looked at Snips expectantly, waiting for his answer. Snips laughed.

"Have no fear, Fluttershy, your animals are always welcomed here."

"Ooohhhhhthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!" Fluttershy cried out with glee, jumping up and down, with the animals cheering alongside with her. Celery grinned. Maybe she wasn't so shy after all.

Fluttershy however, paused suddenly and sat back down, her face slowly turning red. She felt embarrassed from her sudden display of happiness. She cleared her throat. "Thank you." she whispered. Trixie giggled beside her.

"All right! Now, to our next member! Will you kindly please tell us why you're here Aria?"

Everyone turned to stare at Aria Blaze. Celery was feeling curious of her appearance here. Of all the rumours and gossips he heard about the Dazzlings, Aria's was by far the worse among the three. None of the things he heard about her was good or positive. While the other two, Sonata Dusk and Adagio Dazzle, were lavished with praise and compliments.

Aria said nothing. Her arms were crossed, and she had a frown on her face. She looked like she was in a bad mood. Snips opened his mouth to say something, but stopped himself. Celery however, wanted answers.

"So, why are you here?" he asked.

Aria glared at Celery. What am I doing here? she thought to herself. She never planned to come to this club in the first place. She wanted to go home, and wait for her friends to return. But she didn't. And instead ended up here. Even if she did go home, it wouldn't make a difference.

They won't notice me anyway. They are too preoccupied with their new buddies. she thought bitterly. She glared at the group of people around her. Their staring faces were starting to annoy her, especially the one named 'Celery'.

"I was bored." she said flatly, flicking one of her ponytail with her hand.

Celery wasn't satisfied. "That's it? You were just...bored?"

Aria was really annoyed now. Why the questions? It wasn't his business. Can't he just shut up and let her sit here in peace?

The annoying person was talking again, his voice sounding like nails on a chalkboard to her ears.

"We accept anyone here in the Reject Club. But surely, you have a real reason?" Celery pressed.

A reason? Aria thought. What was her reason for being here? Was it because she was bored? No... she knows the reason why she is here. She knows perfectly well. She just didn't want to admit it. She refuses to accept it. She didn't want to believe it.

But it's true.

She felt abandoned. Forgotten. Rejected. She began to tremble, not from anger, but from a deep, terrible sadness. She came to this club because she wanted to run away from the feelings that tormented her every single day. She was jealous of Adagio and Sonata. Jealous because of their clubs and their new friends.

Why can't she be the one smiling and laughing? Why is she the one feeling hurt and sad? Why me?

She couldn't take it. She stood up suddenly from her seat, and ran out the door.

"Hey, wait!" she heard someone shouting, but she didn't care. She just wanted to run. To be as far away as possible from...everything.

Everyone glared at Celery. Celery smiled sheepishly. Was it something he said?

"What are you waiting for? Go after her!" Trixie grabbed Celery by the arm and pushed him towards the door.

"But I didn't do anything wrong!" Celery protested, turning around to face Trixie.

"She was crying." Fluttershy said, standing next to Trixie. "And don't you dare come back here without her, mister." and she prodded a finger on Celery's chest.

Seeing no way out of the situation, Celery groaned loudly, and went off after Aria.

Author's Note:

Here's the next one folks! This one took me some time to do. Hope you all will enjoy this latest instalment. Enjoy!! :yay: (Sorry if it's a bit short)