• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 26,115 Views, 1,143 Comments

A New Flame - The Zebra Hybrid



A human named James is transported into Equestria with some surprising results. First installment of the Hybrid Universe[Displaced Story]

  • ...
192
 1,143
 26,115

Act 1: A New Day With Twilight

I couldn't believe it when I woke up. I actually had a GOOD night sleep, no nightmares, no twisting and turning, nothing! I slept like a baby after drinking warm milk. I jumped out my new bed and headed to the bathroom and looked into the mirror........no Dark Spyro? Is it possible that I might have a day where everything will be perfect for once. Smiling I grabbed the toothbrush and started to brush my teeth, it was nice of the girls to move my stuff from Fluttershy's to here.

After brushing my white canines, I went down the stairs and headed for the kitchen. I got to admit though it was pretty weird having a house by myself, before I came here I was roommates with my friends, but with me being alone, it's.....quiet, almost peaceful. Putting the thoughts behind me I opened the fridge to see that Celestia was not kidding when she said she gave me food. My fridge was stocked head to toe, like I was getting ready for the apocalypse or something.

"THHHHHHAAAANNNNKKK YYYOOOOOUUUU CELESTIA!!!!!" I scream out in happiness grabbing the packaged eggs and and milk, "Some scrambled eggs sounds good." I cracked about three of the eggs and tossed them in a skillet, I was about to turn on the stove until a thought entered my brain. I help the skillet with the yolk up in the air and and blew a small wave of orange fire under the pan for about five minutes. Feeling satisfied I brought the pan down saw that my eggs were perfectly cooked.

I put the eggs on my plate and poured me a glass of milk and began to chow down. I was munching happily as I took a glance at the clock on the wall...which said 11:45 am........was I supposed to be somewhere? Then it hit me, 'I knew today wasn't going to be perfect!' I thought to myself as I literally flew off the chair and out the door quickly closing and locking it.

"Twilight's going to kill me!" I say nervously as I spread my wings and sped off towards the castle. I noticed Pinkie and Rainbow dash walking and they noticed me as well and started waving, I let out a sigh and landed in front of them.

"Hiya James!" said Pinkie with her usual smile.

"What's up James? What's the rush?" asked Rainbow.

"I gotta get to Twilight's to help her organize her library," I say in a hurry until I noticed that they had....saddle bags? I think that's what their called."You guys going on a trip or something?"

"Kind of...we have to go to the griffon kingdom for some thing." she says with a slight venom in her voice.

"You say that like it's a bad thing?"

"Because it is! Griffons are downright jerks!"

"I'm sure not all of them are Dashie." said Pinkie.

"Trust me they are."

"Well, it seems we're going to have to do that 'Welcome to Ponyville Party' later." solemnly said Pinkie.

"Nah, don't worry it's fine, but I was looking forward to some cake though. See ya' guy later." We said our goodbyes as we went our separate ways.......what was I doing again?

"OH SHIT, TWILIGHT!" With that said I spread my wings and shot off towards the castle.


"Thanks for coming on such short notice." said Twilight as an unicorn stallion reorganized her books while she waited on a certain purple drake.

"No problem, Princess," he said back, "Good thing you caught me before I went on vacation."

"Yeah, you work at the Canterlot Library correct?"

"Yep, pretty fun job too."

"Well, thanks ag-"

CRASH!!!!!!

Twilight and the unicorn jumped as a certain purple drake came crashing through the window and colliding with one of the bookshelves causing an avalanche of book to topple on top of him.


'Ow! That hurt.' I groaned as I popped my head out of the pile of books and was met with the glare from Twilight and an unicorn i have never met before. The unicorn was a cyan blue with a darker blue mane and green highlights, and a book with a worm in it as a cutie mark."H-Hey Twilight, wonderful weather we're having." I say with an innocent smile as I climb out the pile of books.

"James, would you mind explaining why your four hours, twenty-three minutes, and forty-seven seconds late!" exclaimed Twilight making me flinch from the outburst.

"You counted?"

"No! Well, yes, but that's besides the point where were you!?"

"Sorry Twilight, I overslept and then I got distracted." Twilight let out a sigh in annoyance.

"Well I can't blame you, you did have a tough day yesterday, so I'll let it slide this time."

"Thanks, by the way who's this?" I asked motioning toward the unknown stallion who was now putting Twilight's books back on the shelves.

"Oh, that's Bookworm, he works at the Canterlot Library. When you were running late I had Spike send a letter."

"I thought Spike could only send letters to Celestia?"

"Oh, no no no, he can send them to anyone he wishes as long as he thinks about the pony he sends it to."

"That's pretty impressive, how's it going?" I call out to bookworm as his horn glowed a darkish green as the books levitated themselves back on the shelves.

"Hello, so you're the dragon everypony is talking about?" he asked.

"Yeah, the name's James by the way."

"My apologies, as you know my name is Bookworm and I work at the royal library in Canterlot enchanting books for their majesties."

"Wait? How did you get down here so fast, if you live up on a mountain?!"

"I have a part time here in Ponyville at the local comic store, I was just there when Princess Twilight called."

"Oh, well that makes sense."

"Well, it seems like my work is done, Oh! Before I forget," his horn started to glow a dark green aura as a comic book materialized out of nowhere and was then levitated to Twilight, "Give this to my favorite customer will you?"

"Of course bookworm, Spike would be very happy." said Twilight with a smile. Bookworm said his goodbyes and left the room. I just stood their not knowing what to do. 'Well, if that Bookworm character already fixed up the library what am I still doing here for?' I thought to myself as I was about to turn to leave.

"James?" asked Twilight.

'Damnit'"Yeah?" I answer.

"Since Bookworm already fixed up the library I was wondering if I could interview you." I noticed the nervousness in her voice. I did owe her for being late, but I really wanted to relax today today. Fuck it. I'll be fine for an half hour.


(six hours later)

'OH..........MY............JESUS! HOW MANY QUESTIONS DOES SHE HAVE!!!!'

I banged my head on the desk in front of me...AGAIN! Trying to knock myself out so I could get out of this situation I got myself in. Twilight has been asking almost everything about where I came from. Even though she already knows what a human looks like.....I think. Can human's skin color be blue? Who cares, the point is I'm metaphorically being held hostage and being pestered with a whole bunch of questions. I even saw Spike on a few occasions giving me a smug grin. Obviously enjoying my torture.

"Ok James, next question." started Twilight as I felt my eyes water up. 'I'm never getting out of here.', "Who is this 'God' and 'Jesus'?"

She is really asking me this?

"Well..urm.." I started not knowing what to say, "God is a....well he is God....and um.......he created everything big and small......and can pretty much do anything and decides if you go to Heaven or Hell." Yeah not my best description.

"What is Heaven and Hell?"

"Well, when something dies they face judgement. If you are good then you go up to Heaven and live the best life ever, but if you've been bad you go down to Hell and well burn for all eternity." Twilight gulped at my statement.

"And what about Jesus?"

"Oh! He's the one who showed us who God was and also is his son."

"Soooo, there part of a form of religion."

"Yep."

"What's it called?"

"Well, there are different versions of it but the most common one is Christianity, which I am."

"Fascinating!"

"What kind of religion do ponies have?"

"Oh we have Cestianity and Lunianity." I couldn't believe what she just said.

'WHAT THE EVERLOVING LOVING FUCK. THESE PONIES ARE GOING TO HELL, SAME AS THE PRINCESSES.'

"Well...um...I don't judge people on what they believe in, but that is interesting."

"One more question."

'Thank God!!!!'

"Shoot."

"If you ever find a way back to your world, would you go back or stay here." I noticed the gleam of hope in her eyes. Out of all the questions this one got to me the most. It may be a long time since I ACTUALLY hung out with a girl, but I still know what to say. "Um...I don't know yet...I just got here like a week ago, so it all depends, I'm sorry."

"N-no it's fine," she stuttered quickly, "I-I was just wondering." There was an awkward silence between us.

"Well, Twilight it's starting to get late and I haven't eaten dinner(or lunch) yet, so I'll catch ya' later?" I say breaking the silence.

"Y-yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." she says as I spread my wings and flew out the window back to my house.

Author's Note:

Sorry guys didn't know how to end it, but the next few chapters are going to be short because it's just going to be James hanging out with the mane 6. Also keep up with the voting we have a four way tie between Twilight, Fluttershy, Sam, and DERPY!!!
2-Gilda
3-Celestia:trollestia:
3-Luna
4-Rainbow Dash:rainbowkiss:
16-Twilight:twilightblush:
16-Fluttershy:yay:
5-Pinkie:pinkiehappy:
16-Derpy!!!!:derpytongue2:
16-Sam(as Cynder or Ember)

Keep submitting OCs as well!

OC by Bookworm1411

Next chapter: A New Day WIth Fluttershy