• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 26,115 Views, 1,143 Comments

A New Flame - The Zebra Hybrid



A human named James is transported into Equestria with some surprising results. First installment of the Hybrid Universe[Displaced Story]

  • ...
192
 1,143
 26,115

Act 2: A New Rescue

Crystal Empire


Luna was beyond pissed. She was so close in eliminating the two dragons, so close of achieving peace once again in Equestria. However the group of other dragons from earlier has managed to free the two, she has had it. She had figured that she finish off the dragons herself, but she knew that she would be fighting a losing battle. Its a good thing that she has Discord and maybe Celestia to back her up. Once she was done with the dragons she would and her sister would order an all out assault on Thedas and eliminate every dragon there.

"What is the meaning of this!" exclaimed Princess Luna with an angered expression.

"We are saving some friends!" yelled back Sam.

Celestia walked by her sister's side, "You are making a grave mistake. I am sorry but these two must pay for the crimes they committed. Continue to resist and not even diplomatic immunity can help you."

Bash scoffed, "Oh come on! Are we the only sane ones here! You are really going to trust a Spirit of Chaos!"

"Discord is reformed, and I trust that he would not deceive us," stated Celestia, "James and Malefor however I have little information about and have caused trouble throughout Equestria."

"It's like talking to a brick wall." Flashwing stated.

Discord then stepped up on Luna's other side, "I would watch your tone dragon, you wouldn't want to join your friends do you?"

Cadence, Shining, Twilight, Derpy, and the others, minus Fluttershy, could only look in shock and confusion at the stand off before them. It took everything in Twilight and Derpy to run on stage and join the purple dragon, but they didn't want to get taken away like Fluttershy. The group was surprised to see Celestia actually going forward with this execution, they expected Luna and Discord to approve but Celelstia was always on the more peaceful side. Something wasn't right, Luna was almost never this violent, Celestia almost never approved of an execution, and Discord barely cared about anything unless Fluttershy is in danger.

"And what makes you think we're going back in those chains!" exclaimed James.

"Yeah, those damn things were making my wings stiff." added Malefor.

Celestia stepped up with her eyes and horn glowing, "James, Malefor we are giving you this last chance. Accept your fate or we'll have to put you and your group down also."

Now Malefor and James were surprised, why is Celestia acting like this? This was not the same Celestia they met at Canterlot. James even noticed a slight change in Discord his joking demeanor was now replaced with a serious expression with a look too kill. The two dragons thought it could be Luna at first but when they saw the reptilian eyes and sharp teeth that idea quickly left their mind. Somebody was controlling these three....but who was it?

"Then I guess we're going down fighting." Sam declared as the other dragons nodded and got in a bttle stance. Flashwings crystal like wings beganf to glow a bright white, Bash stomped into the ground forming a couple cracks, Drobot's eyes glowed red, Sam has purple electricity sparking around her body, Malefor has purple flames flowing from his mouth, and James has orange flames surrounding his horns.


Meanwhile; Crystal Caverns

The four fillies and baby dragon ran through the caves, they could here the cheering and the voice of Cadence and Shining Armor up above. And from judging from the crowds reaction it didn't sound good as the five children pumped their tiny legs as fast as they can to save their dragon friend. The y were worried hen it suddenly got quiet but were relived when they heard the sounds of the crowd booing. Meaning that James was still okay.

Sweetie Belle and Dinky were in front of the group, "Come on! We have to hurry!" exclaimed Sweetie.

"I have a bad feelings about James." added Dinky.

"Girls! Up ahead!" yelled out Spike, as the group saw a stairway in a patch of light which they assumed was the outside. The group of children quickly ran up the steps of the crystalline stair case. A wooden door was the only thing between them and saving the purple drake. To their disappoint, the door was locked making them groan. Without thinking each of them began pushing, ramming, or bucking the door hoping to get it open. Spike exclaimed the fillies to step back and let out a breath of green fire burning the lock.

The group of fillies and baby dragon gave one final push to the door and slammed the door open, as they all fell out. When they returned standing, they noticed that they were in the Crystal Palace, they could hear the crowd outside get louder. They were about to celebrate on escaping the caverns until the shouting of guards from out side caught their attention.

"That doesn't sound good." commented Scootaloo.

"We need to split up, " stated Spike, "I need something. Me, Applebloom, and Scootaloo will head toward the guest rooms, while Sweetie and Dinky help James."

The fillies nodded as Spike, Applebloom and Scootaloo went deeper in the castle and Sweetie Belle and Dinky ran toward the exit to help their dragon friend.


"You dragons are really going to fight?" stated Luna in an irritated tone, she didn't expect this to happen. She was so close to her true goal, once the two dragons were executed, the dragons would be defenseless. Then she would wipe them out off the face of Equis. But these other four dragons had interfered with her plans! Things weren't supposed to be this complicated when she took over this body.

"In that case...its time for plan B!" shouted 'Luna' as her horn glowed as she turned to Celestia and Discord and before the two could react she shot a black beam of magical energy into their heads making the two scream out in pain. 'Luna' laughed as a magical aura exploded around her as her fur turned a midnight black, her pupils became slits, and she now had dark blue armor. The screams of Celestia and Discord slowly turned to laughter.

Celestia's fur was now whiter than before, her eyes now an orange with reptile slits as pupils. She now had golden armor and her mane was literally a fire blaze. Discord however looked the same, aside from his eyes glowing a bright yellow and golden lighting surrounding his body. The guards took their focus of f the dragons and pointed their weapons at the three only for Discord to wave his talon and summon a barrage of lightning bolts turning the guards into ash making the crowd scream and disperse. The Twilight, Derpy, Cadence, Shining, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie could only look in shock and fear at the sudden turn of events.

"Well this is interesting." commented James.

"Our chances of survival just went down 30%." added Drobot.

"Really optimistic there rust bucket." sarcastically said Malefor rolling his eyes.

"We need to separate them if we have ANY hope of winning." stated Sam.

"Right, James and Malefor can handle the Princesses, while the rest of us take on Discord."

The group nod and get in battle stances. They all knew that it would take a miracle for them to win this. Even with James and Malefor's new forms mastered they weren't sure if it was going to be enough with the power boost these three got. "You have made a grave mistake coming here dragons." growled Nightmare Moon.

"You've stayed your welcome long enough." said Solar Flare.

"And it is time for us to eliminate you." finished Discord.

The two groups were now in a stand off, it was quiet and the only sound was the wind blowing through the Crystal Empire. The ponies and dog watching from the sidelines could literally feel the magical energy radiating off the two groups. It wasn't until the drop of a sudden rock sparked the fire.

Malefor wasted no time transforming into his long-horned form and launching a blast of purple flame toward Nightmare Moon as the black alicorn dodging and taking to the skies. Malefor flapped his wings and shot up after the moon sorceress. James was rammed by Solar Flare and the two was sent to another part of the city crashing through buildings and impacting the crystal street. The purple dragon quickly recovered and transformed into his long-horned form and charged the solar demon.

Solar Flare charged back and the two impacted heads as the force caused the ground beneath them to crack.

Meanwhile back at the Palace grounds the four dragons were dodging bolts of lightning that was shot by the spirit of chaos. Flashwing and Drobot fired back their own lasers and only for Discord to easily swat the projectiles way, The Twilight, Derpy, Bolt, and the others had retreated back not wanting to be caught in the crossfire. They were all now watching a safe distance away not knowing what they could do.


Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter and the long wait, I didn't know what to put for this chapter. Nightmare Moon, Solar Flare, and corrupted Discord has locked combat with out heroes to a fight to the death!

What is Spike Looking for?

Where is Fluttershy?

And what could the other ponies do?