• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 491 Views, 0 Comments

A Sparkle In the Dark - PanzerAsp RD



A young man who feels as though his life has no meaning stumbles upon something that changes him forever.

  • ...
4
 0
 491

Chapter Three

I opened the door to my trailer and stepped inside, I looked around and to my shock, my trailer was clean. Everything that had been lying around was picked up and put away neatly in their respective places, and all the trash on the floor had been cleaned up. I shut the door and walked through my living room, almost not able to recognize my own home.

"Twilight? Where are you?" I asked loudly. The bathroom door opened and she stepped out, her fur was damp and she smelled of soap.

"I love taking showers. The water feels nice." She said as she smiled at me. I smiled back at her and sat down on the couch. I put my head back and closed my eyes, and she sat down next to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm just feeling exhausted." I said as I leaned forward and put my elbows on my legs. She put one of her hooves on my back, and started rubbing her hoof around. I turned my head to her and smiled.

"Thanks for cleaning up the trailer, it means a lot to me."" I said to her, smiling.

"You're welcome...I-I really like being here with you, Donnie." She said, I noticed her voice had become a bit shakey.

"I like you being here too, Twilight.." I said as I stood up and made my way to the bathroom and shut the door. I took off my clothes and stepped into the shower once again. I turned on the water, but as I was I thought I heard something. I ignored it and continued my shower.

When I stepped out of the shower, Twilight was sitting on the couch, but she had an odd look on her face. I didn't question her as I walked into the laundry room. all the clothing had been folded and put away neatly. I grabbed a shirt, and smelled it. It smelled clean. I put the shirt down, and changed from my jeans into shorts, but didn't get a shirt. I walked out of the room, and stepped into the living room, Twilight was sitting on the couch. I noticed that she was staring at me, but looked away quickly.

"Something wrong, Twilight?" I asked. She looked down and I couldn't see her face, as she responded.

"I-I'm fine." She told me, but somehow I didn't believe her. She stood up and walked past me and into my room.

"I'm gonna go bed, okay..?" She said as she passed me.

"Yeah, I'll see you in the morning." I said as I walked over to the couch, and laid down.

I opened my eyes, and looked at the clock. It said 5 AM, I groaned and closed my eyes, but I heard a creaking from the doorway. I opened my eyes and saw Twilight slowly approaching me. I started to speak, but before I could get any words out, I felt her lips meet with mine, as she kissed me passionately. I was confused at first, but I let my body take over as I held her close and put my tongue into her mouth. She put a hoof on my chest and pulled herself on top of my body. She continued to kiss me, and started to play with my tongue using her own. I ran my hand along her back, feeling her fur between my fingers. I moved my hand down to her flank, and ran my hand down her leg. Her horn began glowing with magic and I felt my shorts slowly being pulled down.

I woke with a start, feeling confused at first. I sat up and looked at the clock, it was 12 PM. Had I seriously just dreamt like that about...Twilight..? I stood up and scratched my head. I felt more confusion than I knew how to deal with. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup, I filled it up with water and drank some of it. Twilight stepped out of my room and walked over to stand next to me.

"W-Want some water?" I asked, not able to keep my voice steady. The dream from last night had really gotten me feeling weird.

"Sure." She answered, smiling. I grabbed a second cup and filled it with water as well. Twilight lifted the cup with her magic and took a drink. I put my empty cup down and took hers when she was finished. I looked at the clock, it was 1 PM. I looked at Twilight.

"I'll be heading to work soon." I told her.

"Aww..." She whined as a look of sadness crossed her face.

"What do you do while I'm gone?" I asked. She blushed and looked away.

"I just try to figure out how some things here work..." She answered. I looked confused at this. I walked over to the door, but as I reached out to open the door, I felt Twilight wrapping her hooves around me, hugging me. I hugged her back and smiled.

"I'll miss you until you get back..." She said with a sad look on her face.

"I'll miss you too, Twilight, but I have to go." I told her as I pulled out of the embrace. She backed up away from the door as I opened it and stepped outside. I looked back at the trailer, feeling very sad. I really didn't want to leave...

Well, I'm off to another day at work now...I walked down my usual route to get to work. As I approached the site, I saw the boss waiting there at the entrance. I stood in front of him, and he had a smile on his face.

"I've decided to put you somewhere else on the site. I want you to work over there with Shaw, what you'll be doing is helping the men over there put shingles on the roof over there." As he spoke, my eyes drifted away from him, and focused on the man who had beaten me up, and gotten a couple punches from me. Now I know his name...Shaw...

I walked past my boss and went to my new place on the site. I approached Shaw and to my surprise, he didn't have his usual glare and grin face, today his expression was more like one of a working man.

"Hey, Matthews. Why don't you go help the boys over there, they look like they could need it." He told me this in a calm voice which just shocked me. I guess he''s done with the nickname and asshole behavior. I left Shaw and walked over to the men he pointed out.

Several hours later, and much backbreaking work, the day was over, and I could make my way back to my house. I walked past Shaw, and he actually started walking with me.

"I live this way too, mind if I walk with you?" He asked. I imagine my face was full of shock, but I responded calmly.

"No, I don't mind." I answered. He looked forward and put his hands in his pockets. As we walked we stayed silent for awhile, but as we passed the place where we had fought, he spoke up.

"Listen, Donnie, I'm sorry for the way I treated you, it was wrong of me." As I heard him saying this, I felt happy. Maybe he was being genuine. I smiled and put my hand out.

"Let's just start over." I said with a smile and outstretched hand. "I'm Donnie Matthews."

"And I'm Shaw Berenson." He said as he took my hand and shook it. We let go of the handshake as we approached my trailer. I waved at Shaw and stepped up to the door, he walked further down the sidewalk , and turned the corner. I walked into my trailer feeling glad that now I have a friend at work to talk to, and I also have Twilight at home. This life seems to be looking up for me. I closed the door of the trailer behind me, and walked over to the couch. I sat down and twisted my back, it cracked loudly, and I sighed. Twilight walked over and sat down on the couch next to me.

"Donnie, you're back." She said gleefully, she hugged me, and I hugged her back.

"I'm glad to be back, Twilight."I said as I rested myself in her embrace and closed my eyes.