• Published 9th Mar 2015
  • 611 Views, 13 Comments

The Season's Sound - Autumn breeze24



Scootaloo is walking home from school and enters the Everfree forest to escape a lecture from her mother. What she finds there will change her life forever. (In this story Scoots has already been adopted by Fluttershy.)

  • ...
23
 13
 611

The Truth

Author's Note:

This chapter is short but heartwarming. Next chapter is coming soon. Please like, favorite, and comment if you want. Happy reading!

It had been two days since Autumn Song had told Scootaloo his most guarded secret. He had told her about how his mom had died and he had become an orphan. Since then the two had been inseparable Scootaloo spent every night she could with him, but unknown to either of them Fluttershy had heard the story too and at this very moment she was trying to figure out what to do about it. Today Autumn was getting discharged from the hospital. Fluttershy had told the most intelligent of her friends, Twilight Sparkle who had in reply told her not to worry and that she would handle it. She came by that day and told Fluttershy that she was going to discharge Autumn Song. She then left for the hospital told the receptionist she was here to discharge Autumn Song. The nurse told her the room number and said that the doctor would be there. She soon arrived at the fore mentioned room. She entered to find the two young ponies snuggled up together on the bed. She found that she couldn't hold back a chuckle at the sight. The noise alerted the two to her presence. Autumn did what anypony would probably do in reaction to a stranger walking into their room and asked her who she was and why she was here to which Scootaloo responded that she was Twilight Sparkle and that she was here to check him out. The doctor then entered the room and said " I have the paperwork right her Miss Sparkle." She and the doctor left the room together after saying that she had to fill out some paperwork, but that they could leave soon. After they had walked a few feet from the room she stopped and turned to the doctor.

" I would like to adopt Autumn Song. May I have the paperwork?" Twilight asked while thinking to herself about all the good times she had with her family and how she would feel if they died. I can't let him go through life without a family thought Twilight. The doctor nodded in response and quickly grabbed the necessary documents. As the doctor returned she asked him " After I fill out this paperwork, will I be allowed to take him home immediately after?" The doctor nodded again and handed her the paperwork.

It took 1 and a half hours to fill out the paperwork. She then gave it to the doctor who looked it over and nodding walked back to Autumn's room. He returned pushing Autumn who was (due to his leg wound) confined to a wheelchair into the room. She stood up and took hold of the wheelchair with her magic and walked out of the hospital. She started on the way to the library which served as her home. Autumn stopped the wheelchair with his hoof and got out saying that he could get home on his own from here. Twilight realized that she hadn't yet told him the news. "We are heading home and we are going home together. I mean what kind of mother lets her son walk home with a barely healed injury?!" Said Twilight using her magic to force him back in the wheelchair.

" Mother? Scootaloo didn't tell me that you were a mom." Said Autumn in surprise looking closer at her see if he could find any signs of having a child at home. "How old is. Wait! You-you didn't-" said Autumn stammering as it dawned on him that she had said "her son". "You-you adopted me?" asked Autumn who seemed on the verge of tears.

" Yes I did. Now come on lets go home." said Twilight taking hold of the wheelchair with her magic again, but before she could resume walking she found herself buried in a crushingly powerful hug. Autumn who had tears in his eyes was hugging her as tightly as possible. After a few seconds he let go and sat back in the wheelchair and they continued on home.