• Published 27th Jan 2015
  • 526 Views, 7 Comments

The Princess's Hero - The One Hammer



Three years ago Celestia adopted a young colt, now he's tring to join the guard. Celestia and fate both have diffrent plans for him.

  • ...
6
 7
 526

The Point on Hoof (edited)

To say that the last hour was interesting would be fairly accurate. Plans had been made to humiliate Blueblood the next time he steps out of line, probably the next day knowing him, but now it was time for the ponies to go their separate ways.

"I'd better get home, my mom's cooking and she does not like me being late to that." Shining spoke as he stretched his back after sitting so long.

"Your mom is an amazing cook," Craft said, his stomach agreeing with him.

"Yeah, she is," Shining paused trying to remember something. "Oh yea, she wanted me to invite you over for dinner."

"Oh, now she's bribing me with food," Craft cast a thoughtful glance around and saw Celestia's look before returning his attention back to Shining. "I'm busy tonight, maybe next time."

"She's not going to like that."

"Well it's not me she'll be annoyed with."

"She isn't like that." Shining glared before smirking. "See ya later Craft!"

"See ya!" Craft called after Shining and waited until the huge throne room doors shut. "What did you want, Celestia?"

"I've asked you to stop training with the guard." Celestia sighed. She walked to a hidden door behind the throne.

"You're not my mother," Craft grumbled as he followed her. "I can take care of myself."

"Yes but I'm still responsible for your wellbeing." Celestia reminded as they trotted down a narrow hall. "What about your education?"

"I don't need to study." Craft responded as the duo entered a larger corridor that lead to the living area. "At least not like everypony else."

"Yes, your photographic memory," Celestia rolled her eyes as she spoke. "That does not help with turning in your homework." Both ponies stopped in front of large doors.

"That's not what my report card says," Craft passed the princess and opens the doors.

"Oh, and where is this report card?" Celestia followed Craft through the doors and closed them behind her.

"On the fridge," Craft calls out as he disappears down a hallway. "Where I always put it!"

Against popular belief, Celestia actually had a living room and a private kitchen, the royal kitchen was more for special dinners with foreign diplomats and the rest of the castle or when nopony felt like cooking (Blueblood mostly). It was as close to a normal apartment as the royal family got, never mind that each room was a suite by itself.

Celestia made her way into the kitchen, specifically to the fridge. At one point it had crayon drawings by her nephew, Blueblood, on it, now it had the grades of three school going teens. Three report cards, one had every letter on it, another had As and Bs, and the final had all As, one of which was an A-.

Sighing Celestia left the kitchen with all three reports on her magic grip. "An A-?"

"Participation points," Celestia, startled, quickly turned to the speaker finding Craft on one of the couches with a book. "Only counts for like one percent of the grade. By the way that thirteen times I've spoked ya." Craft never looked up from his book.

"And tests, do you go in for those?"

"Ya, it's better than going in after school."

"What do you do in your free time?"

"You already know that answer," Craft looks up from the book with a thoughtful look. "I'm thinking about checking out that dojo on main tomorrow."

"No," Celestia held a stern face as she glared down on Craft.

"You finally goin' to do something about it?" Craft's left ear was the only part of him that wilted under Celestia's glare, the end result of receiving the glare several times before.

"Yes I am," Celestia started for the hallway. "Throne room. Tomorrow morning, 9:40. Do. Not. Be. Late." Craft watched the princess leave, before slowly raising a hoof and pumped it.