• Published 5th May 2012
  • 4,129 Views, 52 Comments

Cadence for a Shy Alicorn - KodyMcQ



Fluttershy becomes an Alicorn. Equestria almost ends. What will Fluttershy choose?

  • ...
21
 52
 4,129

The Royal Extended Family

Fluttershy was at a loss for words. Surely she couldn’t be of Royal Blood, could she? She doubted the wise words of the Alicorn Princess, yet the tears forming in Celestia’s eyes only helped to confirm it. Fluttershy figured the doctor was right. The lump on her forehead was a tumor of sorts, growing from inside of her. It was a horn.

Fluttershy did what she knew best - Run and hide. She didn’t want to be royalty, she didn’t want to change. She didn’t want the attention this new life would bring to her. She wanted to continue to care for the animals, and hide from society whenever she could. She wanted to be known at most when she was performing with her Bird Choir, not running councils and debating with the other Princesses for whose turn it was to raise the sun in the morning, and who would be stuck with the moon.

Fluttershy hid in a bush on the other side of the castle and cried. The most important change she knew this would bring was her friends. She would lose her friends, them stuck in Ponyville while she was being princess-like for Equestria. Sure, Fluttershy had the grace and beauty of an Alicorn Princess, as well as the speaking ability when she was enraged. But to be a princess herself? She didn’t want it. She didn’t want the stupid horn growing out of her forehead, she didn’t want to believe she was part of an Alicorn family, and most importantly she didn’t want to lose her friends.

Fluttershy continued to weep in the bushes as her Alicorn Aunt slowly came up beside the bush. Not like it was obvious Fluttershy was in it, it’s not every day Canterlot has a crying bush on the Royal Grounds. Celestia slowly sat down beside the bush, and removed her golden crown, letting her usually-flowing hair droop down slowly beside her.

“Fluttershy, I know it’s hard news. It’s hard realizing you’ve lived half your life believing you were a Pegasus, to have it revealed that you aren’t, and your Pegasi family was a cover up until you grew your horn. I understand. But please, for your Mother’s sake, please give it a chance.” Celestia told her, prodding the bushes with her hoof until the small Alicorn slowly crept out of it.

Fluttershy wiped her face of tears and slowly gave Celestia a solemn nod, agreeing to give being an Alicorn a try.

“Thank you, dear. If you choose to not live in the Royal Palace, I am fine with it, if you prefer to live in Ponyville as an Alicorn.” Celestia mentioned, before putting on her crown to let her hair flow, and adding a “Follow me, I’ll show you around the castle.”

Fluttershy slunked into pursuit behind the Princess, as she went on about their family history and where Alicorns originated. Apparently, where Equestria is now, there used to be a lush, green, valley land. The name has long been forgotten by history, yet Fluttershy knew of the name. From her dream, Hevana. Fluttershy didn’t say anything, as she was far too nervous from the looks the Royal Guards were giving her.

“And finally, here is where you would be staying, if you choose to.” Celestia said, opening large, blue doors to a decently sized room, big enough to fit Fluttershy’s Animal Farm inside. It had bright pink walls, and white laminate floors, with an overhang floor above a small kitchen, and a staircase leading up. It was almost like a full Mansion inside of the castle, with multiple rooms leading off the overhang floor and the lower one as well.

Fluttershy took a few steps in to marvel at the room. Celestia gave a small chuckle, obviously impressed with Fluttershy’s reaction to the size. A large window beside the staircase gave view to a large garden, most likely the Canterlot Garden. Fluttershy was in awe, amazed that such a place could be her home, if she chose. She took one more step before wincing, holding her face with a hoof then toppling over onto the ground.

“Fluttershy!” Celestia cried, trotting over to the Alicorn, laying on the ground, still holding her forehead. “It’s growing in, isn’t it?”

Fluttershy simply nodded, the pain becoming unbearable. She knew what Celestia was talking about, the horn slowly beginning to protrude out of Fluttershy’s skull.

“You’re very near the stage of becoming a full Alicorn. It’s going to hurt, a lot. But stay with me. Just, hang in there.” Celestia’s tone was very compassionate, as she had most likely gone through the process before.

Fluttershy could feel her bones, her tendons, slowly stretching apart, as she grew an extra inch on her once petite figure. The pain was slowly subsiding, while she could still feel herself growing in size, and her forehead becoming numb with pain. Slowly, Fluttershy began to glow with a pink magic, but not Celestia’s.

Fluttershy finally passed out from the pain. Celestia simply nodded to herself, taking the growing Alicorn to a bed, and laying her gently in a position where she can grow her necessary sizes. A small nub the size of a Filly’s Horn was proceeding to appear on her forehead. It pulsated with gentle pink magic, giving off a faint glow to the dark room.

Her wings gently flapped as she slept, slowly growing to the size of a Teenage Alicorn. Only two hours later, and Fluttershy was done growing. Completely. A full horn was protruding from her forehead, and her doubled size was graced with beautiful wings, large enough to carry her new form. Although it was light and Aerodynamic, as well as incredibly skinny, the wings still needed extra help, as Fluttershy could hardly fly before.

Fluttershy woke the following morning to a muffin on a silver platter, joined by a small cup of water and a note. She tried to stand to reach the food, but found she was like a baby. She finally realized her new body, her added height, slight color change by the feet, and her horn. She thought. She began to focus on the glass of water, imagining a pair of hooves grabbing it and bringing it over to her. And with relative ease, it began to float. The sides of the glass cracked a few times, and Fluttershy lightened up on the pressure. ‘Magic is easy. Why does Twilight make it seem so hard?’ She thought, bringing the glass up to her face, and sipped out of it, still using her magic. ‘I could get used to this.’


Fluttershy wandered the castle, hiding from every window that would cast her shadow, and trying to make her way to the Courtroom, where Celestia was probably dealing with somepony. It probably wasn’t hard to hide as an Alicorn, just imagine yourself as completely invisible, almost nonexistent and you’re done.

Fluttershy wandered into the courtroom, still pretending she was invisible so she wouldn’t cast a shadow. Shadows were scary stuff.

Princess Celestia was undisturbed, calmly waiting for somepony to walk in to begin court. ‘Poor Celestia. She must have to go through this a lot.’ Fluttershy thought, still invisible, but slowly wandering up the steps towards the princess. Fluttershy wanders. It’s her favorite past time, except for being the world champion at the quiet game.

Celestia heard the sound of hooves against stone, and figured Fluttershy had begun to use her magic. Slowly, as Celestia figured, her niece began to fade into view beside her, slinking into the shadows she cast against the walls.

“He-hello Celestia. Is it fine if I call you that? I don’t want to offend Royalty, even if you are my family and I’m your niece but still you’re Royalty and I guess I should treat you like a princess but -”

“It’s fine, Fluttershy. Here, come sit with me. I closed the Royal Court for today due to... Family matters. So I could introduce you to a little spice of life living in the Royal Family. I should also mention your Blood Sister is going to be coming by later, she’s a little older than you but you should recognize her. Princess Cadence?” Celestia asked. Fluttershy let a small bit of recognition cross her face, then continued to slink away from the sunlight, to avoid casting any scary shadows.

They sat there in silence for a while, Celestia’s multi colored mane flowing in the imaginary wind. They continued to sit there until a few muffled voices began to reach their ears, bringing a small smile to Celestia’s face.

“Fluttershy... Meet your Family.” Celestia said, as Cadence, and two other Alicorns Fluttershy had not seen before came through the entrance to the Royal Court. The taller, obviously Mommy Alicorn was very similar to Cadence, flowing pink hair that kept a strict style to the form of her body, with a blonde highlight coursing through it. The father Alicorn looked more similar to Fluttershy, but instead of Fluttershy’s loops, his were kept shorter up top and scruffier.

Fluttershy felt a wave of fear wash over her, and she quickly used her newfound magical abilities to go invisible as the 3 Alicorns got closer.

“Hello, Cadence, Liberta, and Lues. It’s a pleasure to see you!” Celestia greeted, sitting up and casting light onto Fluttershy’s now transparent figure.

“Hello, Celestia. It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? I’d love to be formal, but I heard you have... My daughter with you?” Liberta spoke up, her blonde highlight almost seeming to writhe in her flowing mane.

Fluttershy squeaked, and it wouldn’t have been heard if Liberta had continued speaking for just a few more smidge-a-seconds.

“Honey? Is that you? Come on out, Venus. We just want to see you.” Lues spoke up, stepping out from behind his wife and looking around the Court Room.

“She’s a little shy, just so you know. Twilight told me a little about her. Great Mare.” Cadence spoke up, taking a few steps in a circle. “Probably using magic to turn herself invisible.”

Fluttershy gave up the charade, and slowly began to fade into view in front of the three ponies. Liberta slowly gave off a familiar -SQUEEE- sound, probably hereditary. Fluttershy flipped her pink mane a few times before settling, still unbalanced in her new form. Liberta and Lues quickly galloped up to her, and nuzzled the Alicorn.

No matter how friendly the ponies were, Fluttershy couldn’t help feel that they weren’t her family. They weren’t her friends. They were complete strangers, who had disbanded her as a child.

“Venus? Is something wrong?” Liberta asked the slinking pony.

“Venus? My name is Fluttershy.” She responded, in a semi annoyed, semi scared tone.

“Um, okay. Fluttershy, is something wrong?” Liberta then asked again, stepping away from the Alicorn and giving her a look of concern.

“Well, um, I know you’re like, um, my parents and all. But, I wasn’t raised by you and, um, It’s just... I feel awkward around you. Like Cadence, you’re my sister. But I feel like you’re just an acquaintance. I just...” Fluttershy’s newfound Alicorn confidence finally gave out, and she ran back to her room, sobbing and fading into invisibility while running.







Fluttershy sat in a corner of her bedroom, of her fancy suite. She didn’t like this. She didn’t want to be an Alicorn. She wanted it to all be undone. She wanted her normal body back, her flightless wings, her animal farm, her friends. She wanted her old life back.

Fluttershy became enraged. The main cause was probably her Alicorn Puberty Hormones, but she managed to gather the strength to grab a stool and whip it out the window. She leapt out the window, hoping she could actually fly, and began to plummet towards the ground.

Fluttershy slowly flapped her wings, trying to slow down her plummet. She now realized how high she was in the castle, pretty much the top floor of the castle. She fell for a while. She was slowly decreasing in speed, she admitted, but she had to flap harder to be able to fly. Her hooves grazed the ground, and she propelled herself into the sky.

Fluttershy flew faster and faster, gaining speed who could rival RainbowDash. She headed in the general direction of Ponyville, off to the side where her Farm was. She could hear faint voices crying her name, and Venus, but she didn’t turn back. She didn’t want to. She wanted to find Twilight, and see if there was a spell to transform her into a Pegasus again.

She didn’t want to be an Alicorn. She longed for her normal Pegasus body, not even caring for her now sexy, sleek, aerodynamically light form. She wanted to be her normal, average, Fluttershy. She wanted her old wings back, the ones that could barely carry her average weight.

Fluttershy wanted to be Fluttershy again. Not Venus the Alicorn Niece of Celestia.





Fluttershy finally arrived at the Library where Twilight was living. She was deciding on turning invisible and sneaking in, but her Alicorn Royalty confidence had forced her to simply knock on the door with her horn.

“Hello? Who is it?” Twilight’s voice cried out from inside. “Spike, I think it’s Fluttershy. Get the door!”

The door quickly opened, and the first thing Fluttershy recognized was the startled faces of Spike and Twilight in the doorway.

“He... Hello Twilight. It’s... Fluttershy.” She managed, almost choking on her tears.

“Fluttershy! You’re.. An Alicorn! Come in, quick!”

Fluttershy floated into the library, admittedly beginning to like the new wings. Twilight, still dazed at her old friend’s new look, slowly closed the door. Spike still hadn’t moved.

“Twilight!” He whispered in her ear, “She’s... She’s better looking than Rarity now!”

Fluttershy turned a bright pink and let out a small chuckle, and Twilight smacked the baby dragon across the face. Shoving the drooling dragon into a closet.

“Fluttershy... What happened!” Twilight asked, turning to the Alicorn who was towering above her, and then scanning her bookshelves for a book on Alicorns.

“Well, it started with those migraines, you know, the ones you sent me to the doctor for? He figured I was hitting a massive growth spurt, and there was a tumor-like object growing out of my forehead. Celestia asked for that personal audience with me, and told me I was her niece, or Cadence’s sister. So I’m your half-sister-in-law, or something similar. But I don’t want to be!” Fluttershy sunk onto the ground and began to sob. “I want to be a pegasus again, the wimpy doormat pegasus who can’t fly, who loves to take care of animals, not an Alicorn of the Royal Court! Do you have ANY magic that could fix me? Turn be back into my normal self?”

Twilight comforted the sobbing Alicorn, who, even sitting, was still taller than her.

“I do, but it’ll be a little risky. It’ll take some time to prepare, but I can do it. Feel free to wait here.”

An hour later, Twilight came back with a book labeled “Alicorn Magic” and set it in front of Fluttershy.

“I need you to focus on your old self for me. While I work on making it real.”

“Twilight, my magic is as strong as yours.”

“Which will work better. You might be able to go invisible” She said, nudging towards Fluttershy’s unknown invisible hoof, “But we need an extreme amount of power to completely transform a pony.”

They began the process, both focusing on Fluttershy’s Pegasus form.

“That’s good, keep going!” Twilight yelled over the turbulent magic flowing around the room, sending books flying.

But Twilight’s voice had distracted Fluttershy’s mind, and she began to imagine Twilight as an Alicorn.

And so it happened.