• Published 25th May 2015
  • 469 Views, 10 Comments

The Mystery Of Pinkie Fazpie's Cupcakes - Foxy Fox



Mike is suspicious of the strange activity that goes on at the "foal-friendly" restaurant, and wants to dig deeper into the murders that took place there. Can he unravel the mystery before it's too late?

  • ...
8
 10
 469

What Is Happening?

Multiple questions were swimming through Mike's head. What should I do? What if they get into my office? What if I run out of power? Should I try to make a run for it? What's going to happen to me? Could I be...... killed! This was too much for Mike to handle all at once, and it was only 1AM! He felt like he was going to have some sort of nervous break-down right then and there. Mike recollected his mind and assured himself he'd be alright. "Stay calm Mike. You can do this. Just pull up the camera." Mike checked to see if anyone had left the stage. Twilight was still in the dining area, giving her aloof stare, to Mike's relief. He still checked his door lights just to be on the safe side.

Two hours and three bags of hay-flavored potato chips later, nothing much had changed. Twilight had moved to the backstage area, and Mike swore she was looking straight at him. It was like she knew he was there. Talk about creepy. When he switched to the Pegasus Cove camera he was surprised to find Rainbow Dash peeking out of the curtains. Her eyes were glowing softly and they looked sort of..... dead and alive at the same time. Not that they were really alive in the first place so they couldn't actually be dead. Wait a minute. How was she even moving? She was just a pile of scraps. Nopony had probably even recharged her batteries in ages.

Was she possessed? Pfft. That was the most ridiculous thought Mike had ever even thunk up. Possessed robots? Ha! That was even crazier than robots moving around during the night. Even though that turned out to be true. Ponyville did have a reputation for crazy incidents. For example, Discord turning buildings upside-down, while cotton candy clouds poured chocolate rain everywhere, or that one time giant cerberus had escaped from Tartarus and ran rampant in the streets of Ponyville, crushing several, fortunately vacant, houses, which was pretty minor damage in Ponyville standards. The last parasprite infestation had done much worse. At least, that was what Mike had heard from the elders. Most ponies from that period in time were dead and gone.

Mike switched back to Twilight and jumped when he saw her face right in front of the camera, her eyes blacker than midnight, and her pupils, tiny, white dots. He felt like they were burning wholes in his eyeballs as he stared, feeling paralyzed. He returned to his senses when the screen filled with static again, and he was released from Twilight's 'spell'. He put down the camera not terribly concerned about where Twilight had gone. All she had been traveling between the dining area, backstage, and the storage closet for the longest. Mike lazily pressed his hoof against the right door light and then the left door light, only to fall out of his chair and put his hooves over his mouth to stifle his screams. Mike was literally frozen, (insert 'Let it Go' joke here), and he didn't remember ever being this terrified in his entire life.

There was Twilight in the flesh, (or in the the synthetic fur, I guess), right outside of his door, facing him with her slightly detached stare. It was much scarier than when she was looking at him through the cameras. The weak light bulb was still flashing, casting shadows on the unicorn , and giving the robot an even more eerie look. Without thinking, Mike jumped up and pressed the red emergency door button. Slam! Then everything was silent. The light was still on and buzzing, and he could see its shadow on the wall through his window. Mike was petrified, praying to Celestia that the three hours he had left until his shift was over, would pass quickly.

The next day, Mike felt like he would be scarred for life. He still remembered Twilight's When the assistant manager had come to unlock the doors, Mike literally ran over Farley to escape the almost certain death trap. He ran, and ran, and ran, stopping for nopony as he raced home without taking a single break. When he arrived Mike slammed open his door, nearly ripping it off of its hinges. He plopped himself down on his lounge chair, and went over the events of last night. During the last two hours he had been much to afraid to open the left door and barely worked up enough courage to turn off the door light, despite Twilight's shadow having dissapeared from view. Rainbow Dash looked like she was ready to run out of the range of the Pegasus Cove camera, her dead eyes emanating white light, and her mouth hanging open, revealing a row of..... sharp teeth?! It scared Mike half to death when he imagined her, appearing suddenly in his office and biting his face off. Luckily, right as the clock turned to 6 AM, the robots seemed to return to their regular positions. He guessed they were equipped with a timer of sorts.

Mike suddenly got angry. "Why would they let me work there?! Heck, why would they let anyone work there?! How come nopony has told the authorities?! Well you know what?! I quit! I'm never going back there ever again!" That restaurant can kiss my flank!" Mike started to pick up his phone and dial the police. But he stopped. Something was nagging at a corner of his brain. Why? Why are they letting this happen? Why are the robots really doing it? Mike knew that stallion on the phone was trying to trick him about why the ponymatronics acted so strangely. Or maybe that phone guy was actually tricking himself.

Author's Note:

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow for the latest updates on great new reading material! if you find any spelling errors or think something should be changed, leave it in the comments or PM me.:twilightsmile: