• Published 25th May 2015
  • 469 Views, 10 Comments

The Mystery Of Pinkie Fazpie's Cupcakes - Foxy Fox



Mike is suspicious of the strange activity that goes on at the "foal-friendly" restaurant, and wants to dig deeper into the murders that took place there. Can he unravel the mystery before it's too late?

  • ...
8
 10
 469

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Thwap! It was the newspaper colt dropping off the daily paper. Mike Schmidt trotted over to the door and opened it. grabbing the paper in his teeth. He sat in his lounge chair and started scanning it for any job opportunities as a night watchpony somewhere, when he noticed a peculiar looking ad. He leaned in closer to read it. "Help Wanted! Pinkie Fazpie's Cupcakes. New security guard needed to work the nightshift at Pinkie Fazpie's Cupcakes from 12 am to 6 am to ensure safety of the restaurant and the ponymatronics. Come be a part of the Fazpie family today!! 150 bits a week. For more info contact: 1-800-FAZ-FAZPIE. Hmmph." That wasn't a lot of pay. But he had to take what he could get. Nopony wanted any night guards these days, there was hardly ever any crime.

Mike used to go there as a colt, until his mother had stopped taking him there for some weird reason. Maybe working there would stir up some good memories. He recognized the face of Pinkie Fazpie on the ad, her eyes open in a wide, slightly unnerving stare. Mike could've sworn the pink party pony was looking at him. It gave him the shivers. He circled the ad with a red marker, tucked it in his saddlebag, and started to walk over to Pinkie Fazpie's Cupcakes.

Upon arriving to the restaurant he noticed it wasn't as....high-quality as he had remembered it. The sign was missing a few letters and it spelled 'P nkie azpie up akes'. Mike pushed open the double-doors and walked in. The place was vacant except for a couple employees closing up for the day. Mike cleared his throat, walked up to one of the workers, who was sweeping the floor,and asked," Hey, where is the manager around here?" The worker pony stopped what she was doing and stared for a moment before answering.

"Oh, the boss? He's not here, but his assistant is. Just go straight and you'll see a sign on the wall. Follow it." Mike walked in the direction he was told when he heard the mare say something to him.

"You really shouldn't have come here dude."

Mike gulped. Those words sent chills through his spine. What was that supposed to mean? Was it a threat? A warning? She didn't sound hostile. He turned around only to find the mare exiting the building. He started to have second thoughts about working at the restaurant when he saw what he believed to be the assistant manager.

"Excuse me sir? You wouldn't happen to be the assistant manager would you?" The stallion looked at Mike and nodded. "Good. I would like to sign up to be the new security guard working the night shift."

The stallion's eyes opened wide in what looked like pure horror and pity."Um, are you sure you don't want a different shift? The night shift can be quite dangerous." The stallion seemed to be pleading with him.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's kind of my thing," Mike pointed at his cutiemark, a crescent moon that seemed to be cradling a watch. The assistant manager looked defeated.

"Very well. You've got the job. Sign here." The assistant manger pulled out a clipboard and pen from his saddlebag using his magic, and hovered it in front of Mike. Mike took the pen and signed the paper. "Come back at 11:30 pm," said the assistant with a hint of sadness and regret in his voice,"I'll be here with your keys and uniform."

Hours later, after Princess Celestia had set the sun and Luna's full moon hung in the sky, Mike reluctantly traveled back to Pinkie Fazpie's Cupcakes where the assistant manager was waiting. Mike shivered at the sight of the run-down restaurant and quietly scolded himself. He wasn't scared. He never was. He didn't get his cutiemark for nothing. Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

Author's Note:

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow for the latest updates on great new reading material! if you find any spelling errors or think something should be changed, leave it in the comments or PM me.:twilightsmile: