• Published 2nd May 2012
  • 1,536 Views, 10 Comments

The Fall of Celestia - Leon Declis



A great disaster is coming. The actions of Twilight, Princess Luna, and their allies will decide all

  • ...
1
 10
 1,536

"Sweet Luna, protect me!"

+++The Day Before+++ ???:

“So, it seemed that the little blue pony went straight to Celestia’s personal pupil. It sure was interesting when she came back. All high nose and haughty glares, I tell you.” Old Bayonet snorted in amusement.
“But before then, there was when that trouble with the border towns started. Of course, we didn’t know nothing about it, being the Civil Guard and all, but something was brewin’, even then.” Old Bayonet looked into the fire.

“Ummm…” One of the mares under his command raised her hoof.
Bayonet looked at her, chewing the straw in his mouth slowly. A small thing. Pink coat, delicate body, good posture. “Speak, young’un.”
“What do this have to do with tomorrow?” She looked around for support. Some of the ponies with her nodded, but remained silent.
Old Bayonet continued to look at her. Still had the spark of innocence in her eyes. “Because you don’t want to die for somethin’ you don’t understand, do you?”

He thought to himself that spark would be dead tomorrow, even if she lived.


+++5 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 3 days prior+++ Ponyville High Street:

“Trixie.” It was a statement, an acknowledgement of her existence, not a greeting. Applejack stared bluntly at Trixie.
“Farmer.” Trixie responded, her voice cool and aloof. She wasn’t going to get pushed around by this mere earth-pony, not today.
“Ummm…. Guys?” Spike stood between them, although he stood in such a way to throw his support with the yellow mare. Trixie felt a sneer on her features. These two were so below her it wasn’t even funny. And yet here she is, dealing with them.
“I hear you embarrassed yourself at the Gala, Farmer. But then, ponies like you had best stay here, in the rural areas, where there’s no-one to embarrass yourself to.” Trixie smiled coldly at Applejack, and turned to leave. She had to finish packing. And then that dragon came to fetch her. Fetch her!? Like a common dog, apparently. She wasn’t here to be abused by lesser minds.

“Don’t ya be going without finishin’ what ya started!” Applejack shouted, before running to cut off Trixie’s retreat.
“What is your problem? Get out of my way.” Trixie made to move around her, but Applejack moved in the way.
“My problem is that Twi got random phonies who be claimin’ all sorts ah rubbish.” Applejack stated. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at Trixie.
“I claim nothing! I have seen things before your wildest nightmares…” Trixie was outraged at the rudeness of this manure-smelling, apple picking…
“Yeah, like I ain’t heard that before!” Applejack shouted back. She reared and stomped with her front hooves.
“You don’t know anything, you low-born…” Trixie snarled.
“HEY!” Spike jumped between them again. Spike looked around, and Trixie tore her eyes away from Applejacks face to notice that ponies where staring at them.
“This was a mistake. I don’t have time to deal with you. I’m going back to Canterlott, with Twilight Sparkle, and you can’t stand in my way. Celestia knows this is taking enough time as it is.” Trixie shoved past the two of them, and left, holding her head high and refusing to make eye contact with anyone.

Applejack sighed. “I’m sorry, Spike, I jus’ get so angry when that mare is around. She tried to dupe us before, and nearly got ponies hurt, y’know?”
“Yeah, I know. But Twilight believes her, and says this is important.” Spike shrugged. He loked at Trixies retreating form. “And I was just sent to go and get her.”
“Yeah, she mentioned that, huh. What’cha both doin’?” Applejack followed Spike’s gaze and frowned.
“Apparently we’ve got to go back to Canterlott and talk to the Princess.” Spike sighed. He’d been planning to take the week off, they’d been a lot of parties. And Pinkie Pie wasn’t one for letting them sleep.
“So soon?” Applejack whipped her head back to Spike. “But ya just got ‘ere!”
“Uh-huh.” Spike agreed without thinking. There was supposed to be a lot of ice cream at those parties though. And Sweetie Bell was still there… That was an uncomfortable thought, thought Spike, who briefly shook it off.
“I suppose I’d best go say goodbye to Twi then.” Applejack trotted off, leaving Spike to his daydream.


+++5 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 2 days prior +++ Neighvana, Border Town of Equestria:

Starsparkle crept through the village. She’d just left two days ago to deliver the latest batch of brandy to Canterlott. But she’d come back, and it was so… quiet.
Now, Neighvana was hardly the loudest place in Equestria. And it wasn’t like she wasn’t used to the night. But this felt so different. Like the silence was oppressive. She didn’t even have a reason to be sneaking, but the idea of trotting home loudly made her chest tighten.

She gulped. The idea of staying made her chest tighten. She lowered down some more.
Currently, she was standing in the middle of a street. The dusty road had yet to be cemented, but there was a lighter patch from the hooves of many ponies walking over it. Normally. But the road was heavily dusted, and the only hoofprints were her own. A broken piece of wood was lying in the middle of the road.
She looked to the sides, wondering if she should do so and hide in the shadows. But when she looked in the shadows, she could feel them looking back. She couldn’t take her eyes from it. She could hear a scratching sound as her eyes were stuck into the gloomy darkness. The light from the moon seemed to dim around the focus of her vision as she backed up and hit a wall and could back up no further.

The scratching grew louder, and she began to breath heavily, tears building up at the corner of her eyes from terror and beginning to run unbidden down her cheeks, and her heart was pounding in her chest. Her lungs felt gripped by a massive giant, and she fell into the dirt sideways, pushing away from that darkness.

“Sweet Luna, protect me!” She covered her head and cowered in the sand.

The breathing grew so loud, she could almost feel it on the back of her neck…