• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,872 Views, 17 Comments

Too many questions - Collins4112



It's just something I wrote while thinking of ideas for Gentle Red. It did not go through beta read

  • ...
2
 17
 2,872

Sweeite Belle

A/N: Well, I decided to write a fallow up from Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. I won't be going through the process of getting it beta read but I will try to fix mistakes. Please read and relax. I'm not sure what rating this should be so it is T for now

"I'll go ask Rarity right now!" Sweetie Belle yelled and ran off though the rows of apple trees that made up Sweet Apple Acers. The wind was blowing a gentle breeze of air through the orchard.

The white unicorn filly ignored the scenery to gallop at full speed (which wasn't fast) to her sister's place of business: The Carousel Boutique.

Sweetie Belle took a quick look around when she saw Scootaloo race past her with a helmet on her head, riding her favorite scooter using her wings as propulsion. Her orange friend quickly disappeared out of sight.

The unicorn filly kept on running finally reaching the edge of the orchard. She began to slow to a trot as her legs wore out. She began to think of so many questions to ask Rarity. She would start with the same question they had asked Big Macintosh: where do babies come from?

Sweetie Belle had absolutely no idea where babies came from but she had no particular interest before. She would have just asked her parents but they had left for the week to go to Manehattan.

Sweetie Belle just kept up the pace until she couldn't take it any longer, which happened to be about in market square. She slowed to a walk as she caught her breath.

She thought of what she knew about foals. A mom and a dad go into a hospital and after a day or two or three they usually come out with a foal. That was her vast knowledge on the subject. She tried to think of any other information that might help her solve where foals came from.

Sweetie Belle arrived at the Carousel Boutique. She walked through the entrance to her sister’s shop. Rarity was running around looking at materials. Fluttershy was standing on a pedestal a half-finished dress upon her graceful figure.

"Hey sis." Sweetie Belle said still trying to think of a way to steer the conversation to where babies come from.

"Hello Sweetie Belle, I thought you were out with your friends." Rarity said still looking at and pinning material to the dress. "Fluttershy stand still."

"Oh...sorry." Fluttershy responded quietly.

"Well, I was but we split up to ask somepony a question." Sweetie Belle said taking her customary seat in the corner of the room.

"And what question would that be?" Rarity asked with obvious disinterest.

"Rarity, where do babies come from?" Sweetie Belle asked and Rarity stopped, frozen in place next to Fluttershy whose face was bright red. Fluttershy quickly bolted out of the half-finished dress and through the door, not before placing the half-finished dress on a form.

"Why would you want to know that, Sweetums?" Rarity asked nervously.

"Well, Applebloom, Scootaloo, and I were talking then the subject ventured to the Cake's foals and we had no idea where they came from." Sweetie Belle explained the situation.

"Perhaps this is a better conversation to have with mom and dad?" Rarity suggested hopefully. Sweetie Belle gave her a look that said she didn't want to ask mom and dad. "Oh, alright."

"Great!" Sweetie Belle said with a hop, "Where do babies come from?"

Rarity thought for a moment to think of a way to put it with the least amount of conversation. "Well, Sweetie, they come from mares."

Sweetie Belle thought about this for a moment, "Then, what are stallions for?"

Rarity put her mind on overdrive looking for an easy way out. "They help... In a way."

Sweetie Belle looked confused, she opened her mouth but said nothing, and then she decided to say something. "But how does he help?"

Rarity's cheeks turned crimson. "He...uh... He..."

Then an idea struck Rarity. She had tons of romance novels around all she had to do just give Sweetie Belle one and that should do it. "Wait here, Sweetums."

Rarity ran into her bedroom. As she went along through her book shelf looking at the titles, she past a few of them that brought back memories of lonely nights of reading. She selected one and brought it back to Sweetie Belle.
"You read a book, Sweetie. If I recall right, you should read page 78-94." Rarity said satisfied with her solution to this awkward problem. What could go wrong?

Rarity went back to her work. She slid the dress Fluttershy had formally been wearing and slid it onto a form. She began to stich pieces of cloth to the dress sometimes shaking her head and selecting another piece of cloth.

Sweetie Belle read through the pages Rarity suggested. Occasionally she would let out a curious eeewww. It took Sweetie Belle about a half hour to read the few pages.

"Rarity I'm confused." Sweetie Belle groaned.

"About what?" Rarity asked not looking away from her work.

"Why did the stallion put his... what did they call it, Sweetie Belle looked in the book again. A pen...”

Rarity flushed red, "I know to what you are referring to dear..."

"Why did he put it into the mare?" Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity saw that it may have been a mistake to give a filly an explicit romantic novel. "He puts it in multiple places, why?"

Rarity felt her face on fire. She gave a nervous smile, "Because it... Uh..."

"And what does this have to do with where foals come from?" Sweetie Belle asked. She hadn't let Rarity answer her first question.

"Well, Sweetie Belle that's how foals are made..." Rarity trailed off.

"Ewww..." Sweetie Belle groaned. "That sounds disgusting!"

Rarity thought for a moment, and then she said absent mindedly. "Don't knock it till you try it."

"Wait, have you done some of this?" Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity's face turned beat red as she realized she made another tactless mistake. Rarity looked around the room nervously.

"Ewww...I can't imagine the taste of the stallion's p..." Sweetie Belle said before Rarity stuck her hoof in Sweetie's mouth.

"Okay Sweetie Belle." Rarity sighed. "I have done some of those things... But you can't go sharing this with your friends."

"Fine." Sweetie Belle agreed. Rarity took a moment to use her magic to close the curtains and lock the door.

"Alright, Sweetums, what do you want to know?" Rarity asked. Sweetie Belle thought on this a moment.

"Why would you want the stallion to...um....mount you?" Sweetie Belle asked timidly.

"The reason should let him mount you, deary, is because you love him." Rarity answered quickly.

"So...there is this colt at school that I have a crush on... Should I let him mount me?" Sweetie Belle asked innocently. Rarity just about exploded with embarrassment. Her face turning crimson red, at a loss for words. Sweetie Belle waited patiently.

"Sweetums, I....um..." Rarity sputtered out.

"So that's a yes then?" Sweetie Belle questioned her big sister.

"NO!" Rarity yelled, and Sweetie Belle sank back. "Sorry for rising my voice, but no you don't let any colt mount you or any variation of that. You only do that with a pony you love...well, almost always..."

Rarity put a hoof into her mouth as she made another tact mistake. Sweetie Belle caught the mistake: "Wait, almost always?"

"It's not important." Rarity defended. She knew that Sweetie Belle wasn't going to take this as an answer, but she might as well try.

"Tell me, please!" Sweetie Belle squeaked.

"A lady never kisses and tells." Rarity responded, her face still red from Sweetie's question.

"Come on! You have to tell me! You said almost always!" Sweetie Belle complained.

Rarity gave in to her sister's insistent whining. "Fine. I've had a few...one night stands... in my time."

"One night stands?" Sweetie Belle questioned.

"It's...um...mating with somepony you don't really want a relationship with. It's more for fun than anything else." Rarity said, her thoughts drifting to her one night stands.

"Is that what you were doing when Big Macintosh came over with Apple Bloom that one time?" Sweetie Belle recalled. Rarity's face turned back to its previous scarlet. She had never told anypony about that particular happening.

"Uhhh..." Rarity was at a loss for words...again.

"Ewww...we were just in the other room!" Sweetie Belle squealed. Rarity smiled sheepishly. Sweetie Belle thought about it more and more. "And...You came out...all sweaty...you had...white stuff on your tail...Ewww!"

"Okay, that's enough!" Rarity raised her voice. "Let's get back to your original question, Sweetie."

"Ummm...yeah." Sweetie Belle said. She didn't think she would ever look at her sister the same ever again.

"The stallion mounts the mare and sometimes the mare gets pregnant and then after a while they have a foal." Rarity said mater-of-factly. She was ready to get this awkward conversation over with.

"How does that happen?" Sweetie asked.

"The stallion puts his special area into the mare's special area." Rarity answered, her cheeks flaring red.

"Which one is the mare’s special area...In the book he put it....well everywhere?" Sweetie Belle asked. Rarity was about to set the book on fire, it had to be the worst idea she had in a long time.

"The...um..."Rarity used her magic to flip to the pages she had told Sweetie Belle to read. “The last place he put it."

"Is that this?" Sweetie Belle was about to flash her sister, but Rarity stopped her.

"Now you can't go flashing that around." Rarity tried to keep her voice down. "It’s unbecoming of a lady."

"Oh...." Sweetie Belle muttered. "So, why...um the other places?"

Rarity blushed, but she was getting used to it. "It gives the stallion pleasure..."

"Why doesn't the mare get any?" Sweetie asked.

"Good question..." Rarity smiled slyly. Sweetie Belle looked confused. "The mare does get some, but if he knows what he's doing...it's just amazing."

Rarity realized her mind was drifting. She refocused on her little sister, who was staring at her with wide eyes.

"Any other questions, Sweetums?" Rarity asked. She thought she might as well get all the questions out of Sweetie's head.

"I heard some of the older fillies talking about, that they grew up and started to bleed..." Sweetie Belle said timidly. Rarity's expression softened at the ear she saw in her sister's face. "I-I don't want that to happen to me."

"It happens to all of us mares when we grow up, it just natural. It just lets you know that you’re growing up. There is nothing wrong with you." Rarity recited the same message their mother had said to her, when she got curious. Rarity didn't have as many questions as Sweetie had. "Now, you run along, Sweetie, I have work to get back to."

Sweetie Belle started to walk away. "Thanks sis."

"You know you can talk to me anytime." Rarity responded as she got back to work.

Sweetie walked outside and began to trot back to Sweet Apple Acers, hoping to find Apple Bloom and Scootaloo to discuss what they had learned.

She saw Apple Bloom walking out of the rows of apple trees, and Sweetie Belle went over to greet her.

"Hi Apple Bloom!" Sweetie Belle greeted.

"Howdy, Sweetie Belle." Apple Bloom answered back.

"So how'd your talk with Macintosh go?" Sweetie asked.

"Ah learned a lot." Apple Bloom admitted.

"Me too. Have you seen Scootaloo? We should probably wait for her." Sweetie said. As if on cue, they heard the tiny buzz of wings powering a scooter coming. They looked to see Scootaloo sided eyed coming straight at them. She managed to stop right before she hit the two other fillies.

"Scootaloo what happened?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Rainbow Dash told me where foals come from..." She said with a crazed look in her eye.

A/N: I don't know if you wanted it but you got it. I may continue on with Scootaloo side of the story. But anyway I hope I entertained. Good day to you all. Maybe change the rating to M?