• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 5,741 Views, 138 Comments

My Little Pony Equestria Girls 4: Sunset Shimmer Returns - Hopeful Soul



Sunset Shimmer finally returns home to Equestria to right her old wrongs, unfortunately the sins of the Human World follow her back and put everypony in Equestria in danger.

  • ...
10
 138
 5,741

A New Power

Chapter 11

Despite being out numbered, Black Sunset did not look worried and quickly began using the bit of power she stole from Twilight and made herself even faster than she was before. To her it was like all of them were frozen in mid-air and because of that she easily knocked each of them away one by one before getting her other self and palm striking her. Everyone went flying after that while the other Sunset flew up and cackled maliciously.

“Time to see what else this thing can do!” Black Sunset smiled, evilly as the crystal glowed again.

Sunset’s eyes widen. “Oh no…” she muttered.

The gem glowed brighter and brighter until finally the other Sunset split into five copies of herself, similar to what the formerly evil Human Twilight did before. They all cackled.

“Now attack!” Black Sunset ordered as they dove in.

Before Sunset could react all of the Demonic Sunset’s took a shot at her, knocking her back, forth, side to side and all around until they finally flew up and zapped her together, making her drop to her knees.

“Sunset!” Everypony cried.

“Time to end this!” Dark Sunset Shimmer declared as she prepared to fire again.

“That’s quite enough!” Somepony said.

They all turned and much to their shock they saw the Princess’ of the Sun, the Moon and Love descend to the ground and land nearby them. They all looked ready for an intense battle and they would get one.

“Princess Celestia!” Fluttershy gasped.

“Princess Luna!” Rarity cried.

“Cadance!” Twilight added.

“Looks like we got here just in time.” Cadance remarked.

“But… how?” Sunset remarked.

“Princess’ of Equestria, remember?” Luna reminded with a raised brow.

“Oh… right.” Sunset remembered, blushing sheepishly.

“The point is… we’re here to fight by your side.” Cadance told her.

Sunset smiled. “Thank you.”

Princess Celestia returned and smile and nodded before turning to her old student’s corrupted self. “Sunset Shimmer… I would like to ask you to put an end to you plans now, before we are forced to strike you down.”

Dark Sunset then became even angrier, no doubt to them interfering and he palms glowed. “Just you try it!” she growled. “Your all a bunch of nuisances anyway!”

“Very well, then.” Luna nodded, she turned to her sister and niece. “Shall we?”

Celestia nodded again. “We shall.”

The three Princess’ then charged up their magic to the highest point before finally each of them fired a magical beam that went straight for the other Sunset, who put up a barrier around herself to block it. The Princess’ put everything they had into their attacks and judging from the groaning noises Dark Sunset was making, it seemed to be having an effect.

“Give it up, interloper!” Luna told Black Sunset Shimmer.

“She’s right, you cannot stop all of us.” Celestia added.

“Surrender!” Cadance pleased.

“N-N-NEVER!” Black Sunset screamed as she created a pulse wave that broke all their magic beams and sent the Princess’ flying before the demonic girl began to fly toward them with a vicious look. She then slowed down once she got to Luna and stopped once she was almost touching noses with her.

“Well, Princess Luna, guess you weren’t the only one with a bad side.” Black Sunset smirked.

She then delivered a walloping uppercut that lifted Luna far off his hooves. Princess Celestia and Cadance’s jaws dropped. The Princess of the Sun turned to Dark Sunset, angrily. A brief face-off gave way to a trade of savage blows and magical bolts, ending with the Princess being knocked well backward to skid out on her face. Cadance looked shocked by this also and put up a shield before something hit her at an obscenely high speed, knocking her backwards.

When she raised her head she saw Sunset’s counterpart looming over her with a malice soaked smile.

“Boo-yah,” she said.

She yanked her up; threw her to the ground; jumped high and stomped on her at full force; yanked him up again; tossed him into a rock to collapse it.

“Celestia! Luna! Cadance!” Twilight cried before she too was blasted away by Dark Sunset.

“Twilight!” The girls cried before Black Sunset pushed them all way with a dark magical pulse.

“Feeling a bit sore?” Black Sunset taunted the fallen Princess’. “Now to smash you all into a million pieces!”

She began to approach the four of them and presumably destroy them, but she was so focused on what was in front of her that she failed to notice what was behind her, namely her Equestria counterpart.

“Leave them alone!!!” Sunset hollered as she stomped her foot hard, causing her other self to turn and look at her angry face. She simply smirked.

“Don’t worry, I just want you anyway.” Black Sunset said, pointing at her.

“Well then good news; me is what you get!” Sunset stated as they faced each other and began to go around in a circle while doing so.

“No question about it me, this time I will have my revenge!” Black Sunset Shimmer declared. “But first… I’m gonna destroy everything you seem to care about. Maybe then you’ll know how I feel inside!”

“Not gonna happen!” Sunset snapped.

“And why’s that?” Her other self questioned.

“Because I have something worth living for; friends!” Sunset Shimmer exclaimed as she charged, leaped over and tackled her other self. They both rolled across the ground before Sunset kicked her other self back before leaping up and firing a beam that struck Black Sunset and kept her a float. Eventually Dark Sunset had enough.

“Go away!” she shouted as she charged toward Sunset and gave her an uppercut that knocked her away up into the air. Then, she stood up and head-butted her falling counterpart before roundhouse kicking her onto the ground. Finally, Black Sunset ran towards the reeling Sunset and kicked them up into the air before blasting them away into the ground with a magic blast, inflicting a massive amount of damage to Sunset Shimmer. Black Sunset cackled.

“Oh don’t think we’re done yet! I haven’t used my true power yet! Not even close!” Black Sunset declared as she flew towards Good Sunset again.

While the fight continued elsewhere, Princess Celestia finally managed to regain consciousness and raised her head slowly to see her sister, niece and prized pupil laying all around her looking bruised and unconscious as well.

“Is everypony… alright?” Celestia weakly asked. The others groaned in response as they began to wake up also.

“We’re ok Princess… but we’re too weak to move…” Twilight muttered.

Princess Luna sighed. “It’s no use…”

“She’s too powerful for all us to beat…” Princess Cadance expressed.

“What do we do now?” Princess Twilight wondered.

“It seems that we have no choice, in order to win we must give Sunset our magic, all our magic. Just this once.” Princess Celestia declared. “Just like we did to you Twilight when Tirek appeared.”

“I agree!” Princess Twilight nodded.

“Alright!” Princess Cadance added.

“Fine, let us do this.” Princess Luna relented. “But I do not intend to like it.”

They all nodded as they began to charge up their magic.

As they did so Sunset continued to suffer at the hands of her other self; he was quickly and brutally blown across the landscape by dark magic blasts, clotheslines, and very powerful punches. One of which slammed her into the side of the tower near the top, creating an impact crater, which grew bigger after Black Sunset hit here again, leaving Sunset on the brink of defeat.

“Huh, you lasted longer than I expected but your final hour has arrived!” Black Sunset smiled, evilly, as she prepared to deal the finishing blow and the Princess’ could sense it.

“Quick! Hurry! We don’t have much time!” Twilight said, anxiously.

“Alright… now!” Celestia declared as she and the other Princess each launched beams of magic into the air, which began to travel downward and into Sunset Shimmer. It was almost like slow motion but the Princess’ could feel the after effects of giving up their magic pretty quick and became weak.

“Don’t… let me down… Sunset Shimmer.” Princess Luna told Sunset, as the last of her magic left her causing her cutie mark to vanish right before she collapsed. The same thing happened to Princess Cadance as well.

“Defeat her… Sunset Shimmer…” Princess Celestia breathed before her own power and cutie mark disappeared and she fell unconscious.

“Take her out… my friend…” Princess Twilight muttered, softly then, like the other Princess’ she passed out once her magic and cutie mark were both gone.

All their magic then arrived in Sunset’s body, and once it did her eyes glowed pure white as the intense power of all four Princess’ made her body pulsate with energy and pushed back her evil self before she could land her attack.

“What!?” Evil Sunset Shimmer exclaimed, shocked as she back up. “Where is she getting all his magic?”

Sunset slowly removed herself from the wall and glared at her other self. “Your hour has arrived!” she said as she began to walk forward.

Black Sunset began to back away from her Equestria self, shaking in fear till she turned around and noticed the four unconscious Princess’ nearby. Then all the pieces feel into place for her.

“Oh! I see…” Black Sunset Shimmer hissed. “So… you did the same exact thing I was gonna do, you little copycat you…”

“No, you were going to use it for your own selfish goals. Me? I’m going to use it to stop you!” Good Sunset Shimmer declared, firmly.

Black Sunset Shimmer laughed. “Oh please, no matter how much magic you’ve gotten from those idiots, it won’t be enough to stop me!” she proclaimed, as she then powered up.

Good Sunset Shimmer gained a cocky smile on her face. “Heh, we’ll see about that. After all, we’ll never really know for sure until I try,” she pointed out.

“Well, come on then! Let’s have at it!” Black Sunset Shimmer declared, as she flew toward, screaming. Sunset readied herself as Black Sunset advanced threateningly. Once she was at least a few inches away from her, Sunset tried a punch only to get bashed away onto her back.

Sunset got up and then came up for a huge leap, but was caught in one enormous shadow hand and pinned down while the other one created a vicious weapon, which whistles down for a hit that will open Sunset up like a stubborn can of sardines. However, both of her hands lock around the shaft, stopping the blade just short of his head. It was pushed almost close enough to scratch her-but he throws his weight back, knocking down the slab he was pinned against and giving her the leverage she needs to heave her other self back.

But Black Sunset simply skidded backwards and quickly regained her footing before zipping back over and knocked Good Sunset back into the doors of the Dark Tower and bounced her to the ground.

“Time to die.” Black Sunset hissed.

Good Sunset groaned as she stood up again, giving her corrupted self a nasty death glare. “You first!”

She leaps up to perch on the door handles and pushed away as Black Sunset approached; the move carried her behind, and she nimbly dodged the attack that comes her way. Her counterattack, a flying kick, slammed into Black Sunset and left her staggering back toward the doors. Black Sunset now had a scratch mark under her left eye. Sunset dodged two vicious swings but was hit in the gut by a third and knocked back a bit and made her drop to her knees.

“Ha! There’s no way you can defeat pure evil!” Black Sunset scoffed.

“Yeah? Well, don’t forget, like you said; back then… I wasn’t really a nice person.” Sunset admitted with a smirk. “And while I have changed, I still specialize in… cheating.”

Sunset then extended her right leg forward and spun around, sweeping up some dirt that got in her counterpart’s eyes, blinding her before she stopped spinning and used her right leg again to side kick back a couple of feet. As she flew black she managed to zap Sunset’s leg and scrap it, causing her some pain and making her drop.

“Sunset!” Everypony cried.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine… Pinkie, Rarity, give me a lift!” Sunset told them.

“Like you have to ask?” The pink pony smirked.

“Let us do this, Pinkie!” Rarity declared, confidently as they raced over and together they both got Sunset up and sitting on both of their backs via standing very close to each other.

“Thanks… now charge!” Sunset cried. They all yelled as they began to dash towards Black Sunset Shimmer again.

As Pinkie and Rarity carried her forward, Sunset Shimmer then began to use Luna’s magic along with the rays of a moon above to create a ball of blinding white light. This forms an energy sphere with a white crescent moon with a star inside of it.

Black Sunset slowly got back up and raised her head toward them, where her eyes widen upon seeing her other self riding on both Pinkie and Rarity and screaming as they ran toward her with a power orb in her hand.

“Now… Power of the Moon!” Sunset Shimmer yelled, as she slammed the power orb into her other self, causing a giant sized explosion.

Then out of the smoke, Black Sunset rolled and guided backwards fast before landing on stone ledge far off. The rest of the smoke cleared and Sunset, along with the rest of her friends showed up, looking serious.

“Nice one, that attack actually knocked the breath out of me.” Evil Sunset Shimmer smirked. “Still not enough you know. I mean did you really think that would stop me?”

The demonic girl then looked very surprised when Sunset suddenly teleported over to her and grabbed her and then she saw what appeared to be a shining, mini sun in the palm of Sunset’s other hand.

“Think this might stop you? Power of the Sun!” she cried as she slammed the sphere into her other self which created an explosion that knocked her right into the air. She spun around and around as she flew until she finally stopped herself and looked toward the good Sunset angrily.

“Ugh! You shouldn’t be able to do that!” Bad Sunset Shimmer growled.

“Sorry to disappoint you.” Sunset said, with a cocky smile. “Now come and get me!”

“If you insist.” The dark version of Sunset Shimmer hissed before she began to move towards her other self, while pressing her hands together before expanding them and creating a crackling black sphere of dark magic. “Dark Ecliptor Blast!”

She then launched the sphere at Good Sunset who then channeled the power of the Princess through her arm which he raised up, then the golden colored magic inside her created a giant battle scythe, custom built with her cutie mark acting as both a counter-weight and a cutting edge.

“Sunset Demolition Slash!” Good Sunset cried as she pulled the scythe back then swung it hard, creating a red wave of energy that soon collided with Dark Sunset’s attack and created an explosion that kicked up a lot of smoke which the two Sunset’s dove into to fight after the Good Sunset’s weapon vanished.

The sounds of the two clashing and fighting over and over again were heard inside the smoke cloud before eventually the waves generated by them fighting managed to blow away the dust. The two were currently arm locked and struggling to overpower each other before they both jumped back and panted.

“Just give up! You can’t defeat us!” Sunset told herself.

“No Sunset, I will win this and I will save you from revenge, hatred and all the chaos that those two emotions bring.” Sunset told her other self.

“Hmph, how?” Black Sunset questioned.

“Simple, because I… forgive myself.” Sunset Shimmer declared.

The moment she said this a small bright light suddenly appeared and immediately expanded and lit up the area with rays of golden light that shined over all of them. Everypony’s jaw’s dropped upon seeing this, they couldn’t believe their eyes, the light was almost like the sun and it was just as welcoming.

“What!? What is that!?” Black Sunset exclaimed.

“Holy cow…” Rainbow muttered.

“Wowee!” Pinkie cheered.

“Oh, wow…!” Fluttershy gasped.

“What is that?” Rarity wondered.

“I-I was hoping one of you did…” Applejack admitted.

Sunset continued to stare up at the light wide-eyed before it slowly began to descend towards her before shrinking. Then once it got close to her head, it stopped, changed its shape in a flash then continue it’s decent. Once it stopped on her head the light faded, revealing a big shiny crown that looked similar to the one Sunset herself stole but with her red and yellow cutie mark instead of Twilight’s

“Whoa! What just happened!?” Rainbow exclaimed.

“I don’t know!” Rarity gasped.

“Is that… an Element of Harmony?” Fluttershy wondered.

“Yep! Looks like because Sunset Shimmer was able to forgive herself… she created a new Element!” Applejack realized.

“Yeah! The Element of… Forgiveness!” Pinkie cheered.

“The Element of Forgiveness… and it’s mine…” Sunset echoed, softly as she looked at the shining crown on her head and smiled. “I like it!”

“Well enjoy it while you can because I’m done with it… there will be nothing of it… or you… left.” Black Sunset hissed.

“That’s what you think.” Sunset countered.

Black Sunset just smirked. “Exactly!” she said.

“Everypony stay out this next one, she’s mine and I don’t want any of you getting hurt!” Good Sunset told them. “Go check on Twilight and the Princess’! Now!”

The others all exchanged reluctant and worried looks before they all nodded and began to trot off towards Twilight and the other weakened Princess’

“Better watch for this next one me, because this attack is fueled by the Love I have for my friends and their love for me, the true me!” Sunset Shimmer declared.

The Evil Sunset Shimmer chuckled a bit. “Love huh?” she remarked as she created another crackling sphere of red energy in her hand. “Well, let’s see which is stronger; Love… or Hate. Specifically my hate for you, you rotten monster! You will let me get my life back, and die in this miserable world!”

The two Sunset Shimmer’s then began to race towards each other like speeding trains once again, each with their own crackling energy orb in their hands.

“I… am not… a monster!” Sunset said, firmly as she grabbed a hand full of dirt and tossed it at Black Sunset Shimmer who, while blinded by the dirt now in her eyes, kept on running as they got closer and closer to each other. Her evil self grabbed her and smiled, believing she had just won, only for Sunset to use her blindness to hear advantage, teleport and disappear then reappear over her since she couldn’t see her doing so, during which she struck her in the back with the sphere of love. “I am… SUNSET SHIMMER!”

A massive explosion followed soon afterwards which sent both Sunset Shimmer’s fly and tumbling backwards till they were a good distance away from each other. They soon stood up again and yelled as they both charged up and prepared to fight again.