• Published 19th Dec 2014
  • 925 Views, 3 Comments

A Reined in Mannequin - Ponyess



A Manequine had just been delivered. For some reason of which I had never been told, the mare wears a black rein. It looked like leather at first, but the rubber was holding a curse in. This is certain to affect me and my business, but how?

  • ...
5
 3
 925

A New Morning: 1

Author's Note:

Rarity's POV

I had woken up to a particularly bright morning. The sun slowly breached the curtains of the room I slept in, thus pulling me back to the here and now.

Carefully folding the quilt before I slip my legs to the edge of the bed before I slip my hooves to the floor quietly in a ladylike manner, befitting a sophisticated Unicorn like myself.

After a moment I rose to my hooves, standing up as I looked out the window. I slip my panties off of me, kicking them up, catching them, before I walk to my wardrobe between the door and my desk, picking a pair of fresh once I step into. Yesterday’s panties now safely resting in the wash bin in my basement. I pick up a shimmering, light blue top, holding it over my head and pull it on, only giving the tight garment a tentative tug in order to ensuring myself it did sit on just right. Pinking the matching skirt, stepping into it right and left, just giving it a single tug to see it is on. With that I am dressed and close the door to the wardrobe behind me.

I pull out the chair and sit down, uncapping the vial of semi clear nail polish and place it before me, momentarily looking at it. After a glance at my hands, I pick up a file and soften the corners slightly, before I polish my nails with a special piece of cloth. Lifting the brush out of the vial, putting it to the centre of my nail and draw it all the way down, then repeating right and left, right and left, top and under the nail before I finish by sealing it in place by painting the edge from the right to the left. Now I just repeat the process for each of my nails, one by one. As I had finished the nails of my right hand I repeated the process with the nails of my left hand, only to hold my hand in place under the UV light that cures the inch long semi square nails in sixty seconds.

As I hear the discreet chime I pull my hands out and examine them once more. As I see the high gloss I decide I am done here.

Before I leave my room, I apply the light blue to cerise eye shadow on my eyelids and a glossy black to my eyelashes. Now I merely apply a lip gloss to my lips.


“Good morning, Sweetie Belle. Time for breakfast!” I announced as I knocked on her door.

“Good morning, Rarity. I will be down in a moment!” she responded.

“Good. We seem to have a particularly fine day ahead of us!” I responded, before I walked to the staircase and down the flight of stairs to the ground level where our kitchen is located.

“Yes, it seems like it!” she responded, before I was out of earshot.

Once I had reached the kitchen behind the Boutique, I poured up fresh water in the boiler and waited for it to heat up. While waiting I picked up a pair of cups, levitating them to the table. I found a bottle of juice and a bowl of salad in the fridge I placed on the table. A pair of glasses soon found themselves by the respective cups, before two smaller bowls and forks.

I find it very convenient to be a Unicorn at times like this. Levitation is more than merely a pair of extra hands, I can move things well out of reach conveniently. Even out of sight, even if that is more complicated.

A moment after I had finished serving us our breakfast, I hear the sound of boiling water and lift the boiler to the table and place it onto the thick profiled black silicon mat in the middle of the table, once I had filled up the cups for both of us, watching the water taking on the colour indicating that the tea was ready, before lifting the leaves out of the cups and placing them on the stand on the left of the cups.

I had chosen a blend of early grey, one of my favourites, by the way. Sweetie Belle had learned to enjoy this blend in particular with me for breakfast.

Now I fill up both our bowls, before I pick up my fork in my right hand, carefully stabbing a few of the green vegetables. Levitating the cup to my lips, sipping slowly at first as it is very hot, yet never to make a single noise in the lady like fashion. I am too sophisticated to make noises as I enjoy my tea any time of the day.

“Thanks, you fixed breakfast. Juice, I love you, Rarity!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

“You are quite welcome. Yes, I did. I know how much you enjoy your juice in the morning!” I responded.


There was a knock on the outer door, just as I had finished my breakfast and levitated my cup, glass, bowl and fork off of the table.

“Just a moment and I will be right with you!” I answered and walked out of the kitchen.

“Greetings!” I said as I had opened the door.

“Greetings, Rarity. I have your latest delivery!” he answered.

“Thank you. Right on time!” I responded.

“Sign here!” he continued and pointed at a line on the form on a clipboard he presented.

“Certainly!” I offered as I lifted the pen and signed for the delivery, before I levitated it into the Boutique.

“Have a nice day!” he responded as he turned and walked along the street on his way back.

As I had carried the package into the back of the store and into the small store room, where I keep fabrics, threads and any other supplies I don’t need at the time. Naturally I store the more expensive fabrics and thread in here too. I am not one of these Satyrs who love showing off, even if I enjoy to be in the spotlight.

Once I closed the door behind me, I break the seal of the off brown beige cardboard box. The mannequin is exactly the way I had ordered it, just a week ago. I need a new mannequin.


This is an athletic teenage Mare. An off white with the general facial expression. From what I could see, she is exactly the measurements I had requested.

As I was pulling the cardboard out from under her, I touched her, place my right hand on her shoulder. Nothing special about it, I do touch my mannequins in this fashion on a daily basis as I work with them. Nothing any Satyr would complain about any time soon.

I had noticed the one off detail, she is wearing a black, shiny rein. An item one may use for a horse, or in a closed room for sensual bed room play, something I had gotten wind of in my capacity as Fashionista. I just had no opportunity to explore it with my sister living with me, aside from the small detail, I have none to share and explore it with.

Then I realized, the mannequin had more soulful eyes, not the standard painted on eyes commonly used for a mannequin. Just did not pay. The expense could not be excused.

Her bright blue eyes felt as if she was actually looking back at me, observing me. I can’t quite put a finger on the sensation, but it was a bit on the creepy side since it is an inanimate object, a mannequin, not a living Satyr.

As much as her eyes had made me want to look away from her face, I noticed that the design of this rein is so tight it keeps he muzzle sealed tight, but apparently without being painful, mainly due to the elastic material and the exact fit applied in this case, only working towards creeping me out further.

At first the surface had merely been white plastic, neither shiny and slippery not mate and coarse.

At this point, her hide looks and feels like that of my own. The colour had not changed all that much, just enough for me to pick up on the change. She still has no mane, but the tail had taken on a colour, quality and style of my very own, as if she had been made to my measures. I certainly had not asked for it, I never would have paid for this level of detail either. Good thing I had paid for this already, unless I had intended to return her in hope to have her replaced by a standard version.

As my eyes moved over her, down along the body I soon stop at her jigglies, orb-like B-Cups, fit for an athletic teen Mare, for all I could see. Only now her large nibbles did look a while lot more sensitive and sensual, as I examined them. Almost as if the mannequin had been my lover. That though gave me a strange feeling all over.

Her slender arms ending in sensitive and sensual hands, not too unlike my very own. Then it hit me, these were my hands. She even had my manicure, the same style to her nails and the same shimmer and hue.

Her waist is narrow and her hips wide with a large mound and overly detailed orchid, as if she truly had been intended as a lover, for me or some other Satyr. Maybe it was good my little sister Sweetie Belle is too young for these things, after all.

She stands on powerful legs in the typical Satyr pose. The muscles large and well defined in a beautiful look any mare could have been proud of. Then my eyes landed on her hooves, once again, my hooves, even down to the hooficure. Apparently, they have the same sheen and hue as my very own hooves.

I looked up, not comfortable to see more. I may have seen all I need to see, but still. Only to look into her eyes once more. The eyes are not mine, but for some reason, they kind of looks as if they had belonged to Pinkie Pie.

As I look at her face and avoid the eyes, I notice a pair of more ordinary perking equine ears. Just a pair of ordinary ears, thankfully. Her mare’s muzzle is short, standard, nothing special about that either.

This is when I finally did look closer at the rein. I had initially taken it for one crafter out of leather. Now I realised it couldn’t have been leather, as much as I may have preferred it right now.

This is a rubber rein. It had been molded out of a single strap, no seams or any other common features for a leather rein.


Slipping my right index finger along the shiny material, I realised, this certainly was not painted on, it is an item of fetish quality. Very well crafted as well. The craftsmareship required to make this was astonishing to me, considering the situation and what I saw it used for, as opposed to what it actually was. If only I had known.

--- --- ---