• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 1,169 Views, 15 Comments

Great and Powerful No more - Foggy_Skie

  • ...
2
 15
 1,169

Chapter 4

Trixie had been waiting all throughout the afternoon, but nobody ever showed up. She gazed out her window. "I knew I shouldn't have took this to heart.."

Trixie scowled at herself, but she heard a yell in the distance. Her face brightened up as she saw the stallion from yesterday, known as S.S. She then lessened her smile as she greeted him with a wave.

"Ms. Trixie, it is a pleasure to finally meet you." the mysterious stallion said, "I'm sure.". She was nervous, it had been months since Trixie had met a pony willing to talk to her. The fact that a stallion was standing before her, not yelling, was a bit shocking. She then invited him in her wagon. He thanked her and started to talk.

"Why hello Miss Trixie! Nice to meet you. From what I understand your shows haven't been gaining very much money or 'good' attention from what I see. Now listen, I know this is a little sudden but I know how you can get your life back on track."

"Well, it's just not that. It's been so long since I've talked to anypony. I want to erase all the stuff I did in the past and want to ponies to remember me as kind-hearted. If all of that is remembered, then there is no point in helping me." Trixie said, ending her statement before her guest would hear her voice crack up.

"I see, well, do you remember the 'Flim Flam Brothers'?" He said with a sigh looking down at the wooden floor.

"Why yes, they were one of the top sales ponies of cider, until ponies found out about their competitiveness and cheating ways. It's been so long since the last time I heard them."

"Yes, I had helped them get famous, but they ruined it. Who knows where they are now! They also gave me a bad name." His voice changed to a bit of anger, but he calmed down.

It had been a few hours of Trixie and her guest talking to each other. It had only felt like minutes for Trixie as she was interested to every single word the stallion would say. Trixie found out that this stallion is well known all over Equestria. More importantly, he is known for giving other ponies better popularity. She thought if he could help her have a better reputation, all of her bad times would be over and her past erased from history by her soon to be fans, but the last ponies that he helped were Flim and Flam, and from his point of view, they must have caused his reputation to go a little bad which worried Trixie a little.

As the conversation was coming to an end, Trixie remembered a question she was going to ask the nice stallion.

"Why me?"

"Excuse me?" He looked at her with a face of confusion.

"Why would you help 'me'? I have a terrible reputation and I am always hated wherever I go. Surely, if you help me, no pony will ever associate with you either. Not a single pony has talked to me, well at least without threatening remarks and the same thing will happen to you.'

He just laughed as Trixie stayed silent. He quieted down knowing Trixie was being very serious.

"I love to help ponies. I was at your last show and I witnessed your anger towards the crowd...and you were serious by the tone of your voice and motions. I felt sorry for you, so I decided to help! Same for Flim and Flam, but they had lied. They never did change and look at their consequences. Most likely living in a gutter somewhere. You're not lying...are you?"

"Heh, I assure you I am not. Do you think I would waste this opportunity? Risking it, chance of being caught and resuming to my terrible life? Never!" She paused as she found out she was getting a bit loud as the stallion looked at her with wide eyes. "Oh...I apologize for raising my voice. Oh! And one more thing, how did you even find me? My wagon is far from town near the forests. Did someone tell you?" She said with a puzzled look.

"You bumped in to me. You left before I had the chance to tell you about my offer. It was quite funny as I saw you walk off running in to more ponies." He chuckled.

Trixie blushed and turned away, causing her to giggle remembering how silly she must have looked.

Some more time passed as the two conversed with each other. Trixie spoke more about her life making her feel a little depressed as she spoke of the stuff she regretted doing. The boastful pony changed from being arrogant, in to being more kinder and aware of her actions. The stallion listened to her story as how she had changed completely.

It had been a long day of talking, and the helpful stallion had to go to attend some important stuff the next day. As he departed, waving goodbye to Trixie, he sighed. Meeting another pony with a sorrowful life. It was normal for him, meeting a pony with a awful life, but it still made him heartbroken.

As he disappeared in to the distance, Trixie had a rush of thoughts. She then wondered how he was going to help her. "Is he going to introduce me or put a show on where I am the main attraction?" Trixie went back in to her wagon. She tried to remember if there was any other ponies that rised out of nowhere, but none came to mind. She wondered all night, but every night is full of thoughts for Trixie. She had little excitement of the thought of being famous again, but with a better title instead of being selfish.

The sun rised as Trixie heard the rooster's call. She had barely any sleep and there was nothing she was planning to do that day, so she decided to sleep in for the day. When she woke it was already sunset. Her whole day wasted and Trixie was still tired. She ignored the fact that she was growing lazy for a few days, but it didn't effect her whatsoever.

Trixie was having a good sleep when it was interrupted by a knock on her rusty door. She jumped even though it was a soft knock. She couldn't believe no visitors for a while would make her this scared of guests. As she tumbled towards her door, the voice of the stallion was heard.

"Uh..Miss Trixie? It's me! Don't worry, I'm alone." He said trying to hide his little chuckle.

Trixie cleared her eyes and ran towards the door. Yawning before she opened it.

"Yes?" She said.

"Did I disturb you from sleep? It's very late. I apologize if I scared you, and for laughing."

"Oh no, it's fine. I apologize if I am a mess. What brings you here?" She said already knowing the answer.

"Well don't you want to get a start on restarting your reputation?"

"Yes!" Trixie said with content.

"Well then we better get going then."