• Published 26th Dec 2014
  • 1,094 Views, 23 Comments

unWANTED : Walk with Acceptance - travelingbard



With only a number for a name, a human must find his place in this new world and answer one question; What would you do to save a world you don't belong in?

  • ...
10
 23
 1,094

Ch. 3- Welcome to Equestria, the land of talking... donkeys?

Dark...


Darkness...


Floating... in darkness...


Alone...


… So... alone...


Where...


Where am I...


WHO... am I...?


“Who are you?” a voice echoed in the darkness, shaking him to his core.


Who...


Who... am I?


“What is your name?” the voice shook him again.


… Who am I...

A low rumbling noise began to shake the darkness.

“WHAT IS YOUR NAME?” The voice shouted the question as the rumbling grew louder.

Cracks started to appear in the darkness.

My...

My name...

The cracks grow bigger and light started to shined through them as the rumbling became a deafening roar.

… My name...

… Is...

…........................... Zero.

**********

“AHHHHHH!”

Zero woke in a panic as he flailed his arms and legs around in the dark.

“He's awake! Get the doctor!”

The voice sounded like it came from the floor on his left

“Who... who are you?” Zero asked the darkness. “Why can't I see anything?” He waved his arm around and smacked something that made his hand hurt a lot.

“Whoa whoa WHOA there, fella. Don't go hurtin' yourself again.”

This voice was just like the first one, only this one came from his right.

“OW!”

“Dear, please calm down. You'll hurt yourself even more.”

“I... I can't see. Why can't I see?”

“It's OK. It's OK. There's nothing to worry about. You’re safe here.”

Zero felt something touch his arm and he drew back in fear.

“Oh. I'm sorry if I hurt you.” The voice sounded hurt.

“It's alright, my dear. You didn't hurt him. He's just scared”

“You can't see because we wrapped your head in bandages. You had some... things attached to and under your skin.”

“Don't forget the glass, or what every that stuff was.”

“I... What? What are you talking about? Who are you?”

He reached up and started to fumble at the wraps on his face.

“Wait no! Not so fast!”

“AHHHH!”

The light that bombarded his eyes blinded him.

“Take it easy there, pal! It's a guy, right?”

This question confused Zero so much he stopped.

“Yes. He is a male Homo Sapient.”

Zero's eyes were starting to stop hurting. He could now make out shapes and colors.

“What are you talking about?” he asked as the world slowly came into focus. “Of course I'm a human. What else would I...”

His question was lost in his throat as he gasped. He back away as far as he could in his small bed and smacked his head against the wall. He was too stunned to have noticed the pain.

He was surrounded by... Equidae.

Unnatural multi colored Equidae.

TALKING unnatural multi colored Equidae.

And a dragon. A well dressed dragon.

And a well dressed... whatever the tall, snake like thing with the lion and bird arms was.

“Are ya OK, sugar cube?”

He looked over to find a horse with a cowboy hat staring at him.

“No. Not really. I'm surrounded by a bunch of bubble gum colored talking donkeys. Where am I?”

The room fell into silence until the tall snake, lion thing burst out laughing.

The yellow donkey next to him smacked him with a hoof.

“Ah! Hahaha! I'm sorry, my dear!” he said, rubbing his lion's arm. (Zero assumed it was a HE. It sounded like it was a he.) “It was just too funny!”

“What? What I say?” Zero was very confused.

“We're not donkeys! We're ponies!” a lavender “pony” with a horn emphatically said to his right.

“OW!”

Zero jumped at the unexpected yell and turned to see the green and purple dragon rubbing his foot.

“OW. Oh come on, Rarity, what was that for? I was laughing at what he said.”

“Well, laugh it up, dragon boy,” the white pony with the horn said, “You can sleep outside tonight.”

“WHAT? WHY?”

“Because I said so,” the white horned pony “Rarity” said, humphing and sticking her nose up into the air.

“Back to what I was saying,” the lavender pony said, “We're ponies, not donkeys! Our ears are smaller, for one! Our manes are longer too! Ponies are part of the EQUIDAE family and... ”

“OK! I'm sorry!” Zero threw his hand up, “I'm sorry I said donkey!”

“Good,” the lavender pony seemed pleased to have gotten the point across.

“So... where am I?”

“You are in the hospital in Ponyville,” the lavender pony said.

“What? Where's Pony... AH!” Zero put a hand to his head as it threatened to burst open from the pain. It finally passed and he noticed his arms where bandaged up entirety, even his fingers. He lifted up the bed sheets to find his body was too. He also found out he was wearing a rainbow themed...thing around his midsection.

“Why am I wearing a rainbow colored...thing around my waist?”

“It’s not a “THING”! It’s a dress!” Rarity shouted. “One I worked very hard on, too! Now it’s ruined! All of my dresses I worked on are ruined!” She was seething and foaming at the mouth.

“Here, Rarity,” the yellow pony said in a small tentative voice. She handed her a glass of water.

“Oh. Thank you, Fluttershy.” Her horn glowed a pinkish color and the glass was engulfed in the same color. I floated through the air to the pony's mouth.

“How did you do that?” Zero asked in wonderment.

“Magic,” she said matter- of -factly. She still looked pretty steamed but she calmed down a bit at least. She walked to the far corner of the room and sat down.

“You’re wearing Rainbow Dashes dress because you’re...towel fell off.” Fluttershy asked, blushing from embarrassment.

“I thought it was his skin,” the blue rainbow haired pony chimed in.

“That’s weird, Rainbow Dash,” the pink one said.

Good grief, was she made from pink? Zero thought.

“Oh come on, Pinkie Pie! He came out of a glass box from the sky and was glowing! That's weird!”

“What? I fell out of the sky? I was glowing”

Twilight walked over to him and looked at him in the eyes. “Do you remember anything?”

“No. I don't.”

“Do you know your name?”

Zero paused for a moment and finally said, “Zero. My name is Zero.”

“Well Zero, it's nice to meet you,” she extended a hoof to him. “My name is Twilight Sparkle.”

He paused for again before taking her hoof. There was a pause when finally zero asked, “So…what happened to my towel, Miss Twilight Sparkle?”

Everyone in the room was suddenly interested in looking at anything else but Zero.

“Well, we were carrying you from the wreckage when... it fell off.” She suddenly blushed a bright red and averted her eyes.

Zero was blushing out of embarrassment “I think you should start from the beginning, Miss Twilight Sparkle. How I came to this Ponyville in a glass box thing?”

“Please, just Twilight is fine. And of course.”

She cleared her thought and sat down in the seat next to his bed.

“It happened right after the Changleings attached us.”

“Changelings?”

“Yes. The Changelings are insect-like ponies that can shape shift into...”

“Come on , Twi,” the orange pony with the hat interrupted her lecture, “He just woke up. I think the last thing he needs is a lesson on Changelings right now.”

“Your right, Applejack,” Twilight blushed a little.

“And anyway, Twi,” the orange cowgirl pony continued, “The light show happened during the attack.”

“Light show?”

“Yeah,” the rainbow hair colored pony said, “The golden light show circle thing in the sky that your box thing fell out of.”

“What?”

“You really don't remember any of it?” the pink one asked.

“What about that other human that was with you?” Rainbow Dash continued, “Do you remember him?”

“Other human?”

“The dead guy that...”

“RAINBOW DASH!” yelled Twilight.

Rainbow Dash looked down at the floor.

Nobody said anything for a minute until Zero decided to break the silence.

“OK. Would somebody please start from the beginning and tell me how I got here and where I am and who the other guy is and...”

Zero stopped and drew back a little as he finally noticed three pairs of eyes observing him intently from the end of his bed.

“Um...Hi,” he said, giving the three small things little wave.

The heads popped back out of sight and reappeared right next to the left side of the bed. This time Zero really did jump.

The little yellowish one with a big red bow in its hair raised a hoof and poked him in the arm and drew its hoof back just as quickly.

“Apple Bloom!” the cowgirl pony said, “Don't be rude!”

The little ponies just kept staring at him.

Zero leaned in a little and stared right back at them.

He turned his attention back to the rest of the group. “Would someone please just tell me what happened to me and how I got here?”

“I will, sugar cube,” Applejack said. She walked over to the other seat next to Zero's bed and made herself comfortable. Zero noticed her rear hoofs where bandaged up. “I can't help ya on where ya came from, but I can tell ya how we found ya.”

She cleared her voice and began to talk.

**********

2 Days Ago

“We need to get to Ponyville,” Twilight said.

“All right, my dears,” Discord said, “And Spike, Shining and fly colt, and you with the awesome hawhine t-shirt; come gather around Discord.”

Everypony started to walk towards Discord while Celestia and Luna hung back.

“This is going to be fun! OW!” Pinkie said as she clutched her side.

“Easy, Pinkie,” Cheese said supporting her, “Your hurt pretty badly.”

“Not to worry,” Discord announced and snapped his finger. Pinkie pie let go of Cheese and tested her wounds.

“Thanks, Discord!” she exclaimed as she bounced around the group.

“Come on, Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash said, “Let’s go!”

“I am joining you,” Luna said as she, walking up to the group.

“Princess Luna?” Twilight asked, “Why are you coming?”

“I would like to see what has happened in Ponyville as well.” She glanced at her sister for a moment. “My sister can handle things here.”

“All right,” Discord said, “Is everypony and dragon here? Good.” He hunkered over the group and stretched his arms around them. “Hang on!”

Applejack closed her eyes and felt Apple Bloom's grip tighten. She heard a POOF noise and felt the air stiffen as the group was teleported.

When she opened them again, she was in front of Town Hall in Ponyville. The town looked all right, but there was something not quite right either.

“Do you...feel that?”

“Yeah. I feel it in the air.”

“My hair's standing on end.”

“Residual magic,” Twilight announced.

“Powerful residual magic,” Luna corrected. “And there is an abundance of it.”

There was a pause as the group let this sink in.

“OK,” Twilight said, “Does anypony have eyes on the thing that fell around here?”

Everypony scanned the surrounding area until Cadence said, “There!” and pointed towards a ploom of smoke coming from the west.

“It’s coming from the farm!” Apple Bloom yelled.

“Come on, y'all!” Applejack yelled. She took of through the town. The buildings flashed by and she jumped the creek in a single bound and landed with a thud but that didn't stop her.

“APPLEJACK!” somepony yelled from way back,” SLOW DOWN!”

But Applejack wasn't listening. She was in her own little world, worried about her grandmother at home. The trees blurred by, the road felt life clouds. She was practically flying down the road to home.

She jumped the fence along the north of Sweet Apple Acres and made a bee-line straight to her house. She finally noticed the house was still standing and the barn was not on fire. She burst through the back door and called for Granny. There was no answer.

“GRANNY!” she called more franticly.

“What with all the yellin' about, youngin'?”

The voice came from the top of the stairs.

“GRANNY!” applejack flew up the stairs and embraced her grandmother. “Your alright!”

“Well of course I'm alright,” Granny Smith said confused, “Why wouldn't I be?”

Applejack started to tell Granny what had happened at Canterlot when Rarity's voice called from downstairs.

“Applejack! Come on, dear! The fire is this way!”

“Granny, stay here!” Applejack said as she let go of Granny and headed down the stairs.

“Whats goin' on, Applejack?” Granny Smith called after her.

“I don't know, Granny, but stay here!” Applejack called back. Right then Apple Bloom, Sweetie belle, and Scootaloo ran past the door.

“Oh no you don't!” She ran out and grabbed them. She dragged them inside the house and called out for Discord. He appeared with a pop and said, “You called?”

“Stay here with Granny and the fillies!” Applejack ordered, “Keep 'em safe!”

“What? NO!” yelled Apple Bloom, “I wanna come!”

“Yeah!” protested the other two youngsters, “Why can't we come?”

Applejack left the three filly's without a response as she ran out into the yard and towards the west orchard, where the smoke was coming from.

Applejack notice there was an assemble chain of the town's folk from her house to the source of the smoke. She ran to the front of the group to find her apple trees were engulfed in flames. She grabbed a bucket of water and throw it at the fire, but id didn't seem to help that much.

The rest of the gang finally showed up and started helping too.

“STAND BACK!”

Applejack was surprised to hear Luna using her royal canterlot voice. She hasn't used it in a long time, but it's effects on the ponies worked. The hurried back as Luna, and Twilight stepped forward. Their horns glowed as they readied their spells. The beams of magic released by the two Alicorns hit the blazing trees and froze them in ice. Cadence would then blast the frozen trees to instantly melt the ice. Soon the ground was covered in water.

The three Alicorns stood together and raised their horns to the nearest burnt tree.

“Ready?” asked Luna.

The other two nodded in unison.

Their horns glowed and the tree began to glow the same white color. The charred bark of the tree began to disappear. Leafs sprouted from the branches and apples grow once again. The princesses turned their attention to the rest of the trees and preformed the spell again and again until all the burnt trees were healed.

The rest of the group turned their attention to the foreign object protruding from the ground. It was at least half the size of a small house, maybe a large room. In the middle of the box looking thing was a golden light. Applejack walked towards the light and ran into something. She rubbed her nose and reached out a hoof and touched something. She tapped it and the sound of glass echoed her taps.

She looked inside the glass box and saw a…something in a doctors get up. It wasn't moving.

The light moved, catching Applejacks attention again. She took a step back, and the light came closer to where she was.

“Applejack!” somepony said, “Get away from that thing!”

The light looked liked it got smaller. It was now even with Applejack's eyes. She raised a hoof to the glass again. The light mimicked the action. A few moments passed until the light fell over. She watched as the light grew more and more dim until it was gone. What was in its place was a creature.

A tall creature with two legs and two arms.

“There's somethin' in here!” she called back to the group. They rushed forward and gasped.

“What is it?”

“I don't know.”

“My goodness!”

“Sweet Celestia.”

“Wow...”

Applejack recognized the last voice and looked down to see her younger sister, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo pressing there faces against the glass and staring at the thing.

“Apple Bloom!” she scolded, “What are you doin' here?”

“I wanted ta see!” the young filly said.

“Ya suppose to be at the house with Granny and Discord!”

“Sorry, Applejack! Its my fault!”

Applejack turned to see Discord and Granny Smith walking up to them.

“I turn my attention away for one second,” he continued, “And POOF! They were gone.”

“I told him those youngster's most likely went to the west orchard,” Granny said. “Kids these days, always runnin' towards somethin' destroyers.”

THUD.

Applejack jumped back, along with everypony else. The thing had gotten up and was pounding one thing attached to the arm against the glass. The other attached thing was clutching its neck.

“Whats it doin'?” asked Apple Bloom.

Twilight, Luna, and Cadance walked up and joined the group. The thing's pounding grow weaker.

Realizing what the thing was doing, Twilight yelled, “IT CAN'T BREATH!”

The other ponies stared at the thing as is collapsed over, gasping.

Applejack reared up to the glass and kicked. Her legs bounced right off of it.

“What the...?”

Everypony started to pound on the glass, but met with the same result.

“MOVE, EVERYPONY!” yelled Twilight.

Everypony moved just in time as the Alicorns blasted the glass with magic. But somehow, the glass still stood firm.

“I do not understand!” Luna said, “Why is it not breaking?”

Twilight rushed over and touched the glass. “I don't know! I've never seen this kind of glass before!”

The thing in the box fell over and convolest violently.

“Do something, Twilight!” Fluttershy pleaded.

Twilight thought frantically for a solution.

The thing stopped moving.

Twilight looked at the thing, the glass, and then the trees.

“Applejack! I need your help!”

Applejack rushed over and said, “What do ya need me to do, Twi?”

Twilight move away from the box a bit and blasted it with magic. “KICK IT!” she yelled.

Applejack reared up to the glass box again and kick for all she was worth. The glass shattered, splintering into small pieces that cut her hoofs.

The thing gasped and coughed for the sweetness of the air. Applejack rushed over to the thing and cradled its head.

“Easy, easy there,” she said. She raised its head up slightly to clear its windpipe. “Take it in slowly.” She wiped away the glass on its face, cutting it in the process.

The thing acted like it couldn't get enough air.

“......tha......thank......you......” the thing whispered.

“What?” Applejack asked.

The thing's body went limp and its eyes closed.

Applejack heard glass cracking behind her and turned to see the gang looking at her and the creature.

“Its a human,” Twilight finally said.

**********

“I said, “Thank you”?” Zero asked.

“Yeah,” Applejack said. “Why you were thankin' me for, I can't really say.”

“What happened after that?”

“Well,” Twilight said, interrupting what Applejack was going to say, “We removed the...things in your skin and lifted you out of your glass box. That’s when you’re... towel fell of off.”

“That’s when I pulled out the dress and tied it on you!” announced the pink pony with the crazy hair.

“And misused a perfectly good dress in the process!” Rarity yelled from her corner.

“Luna flew off to Canterlot,” continued Twilight, “And we brought you here, to the hospital.”

“Wait a minute. You two healed the trees,” Zero said, looking at Twilight and the other winged and horned pony, “Why didn't you just heal me then? Why bring me here?”

The two ponies exchanged a look that worried Zero a lot.

“What? What is it? Am I going to die?”

“No! No, it’s not that,” Cadence reassured him. “It’s just that... well...” she turned to Twilight for help.

“We tried to heal you right after we removed those wires and tubes from you,” Twilight began, “but your cuts wouldn't heal.”

“What?”

“Every time we tried to heal you, your cuts and holes would reopen.”

“Why? Why wouldn't they heal?”

“I was hoping you could tell us,” Twilight looked worried. “Is there magic from your world?”

Zero thought for a moment. His head was still processing what he had just learned. “I don't know,” he finally said. “I barely remember my own name. I keep trying, but that’s all I can remember.”

Twilight looked away, deep in thought.

Something finally clicked for Zero. He turned to the cowgirl pony and asked, “Applejack, right? You said there was someone else in the box with me.”

Applejack looked down sadly. “Yea, I did, but...”

“Great!” Zero said excitedly. “Where is he? Or did you say she? This person can tell me who I am and where we came from and...”

Applejack placed a hoof on Zero's shoulder. “I'm sorry, sugar cube. He's dead.”

It took a moment for this to sink in. Zero's excitement disappeared and he hung his head.

“I'm sorry, sweetie. Did ya know him?”

“I don't know. Maybe.”

The whole room filled with the sound of silence.

“I have a question,” a voice broke the silence.

Everyone turned in the duration of the voice; light blue pony standing next to, or rather underneath Rainbow Dash, was staring at Zero. “If your a human, then what are you doing here in Equestria?”

The door to the room flung opened and a tall, white pony came in. Everybody gasped and bowed their heads. Zero couldn't help but stare at her. Her hair was flowing and waving in non existing wind.

“That is a question I would like answer myself,” she said, looking straight at him.

“Princess Celestia, please!” a voice said behind her. “The decontamination process hasn't been completed yet! We don't know if...”

Princess Celestia's horn glowed a blinding yellow flash and filled the room with its light. Zero felt a slight burning sensation throughout his body.

“There,” the princess of the sun announced, “They are clean.” She walked right up to Zero and glared hard at him. “Now tell me, human. What are you doing in my Equestria?”