• Published 12th Jan 2015
  • 485 Views, 5 Comments

Spike Shield:An Unusual Pegasus With An Unusual Friend - cssalpha



Spike Shield is an unusual pegesus with an unusual new friend.

  • ...
5
 5
 485

Chapter 2: Changeling

[P.O.V. Changeling]

I am a changeling. I am from the hive in the Canterlot Mountain Range. I have no name, but I will soon hopefully. My chitin is black. My eyes are orange, same as my carapace. I'm currently injured and I am in an alleyway. Other than that I have no idea where I am.

My injuries consist of my right wing being broken, my left wing has an extremely large tear in it, and my back left leg is broken. I also have several cracks in my chitin and a few sections are missing.

My body aches from the teleportation spell she cast on me. She even warned me that I'll probably pass out and I did. I don't if I was out longer than a day, but I know I was out the rest of the night because of the orange sky above the alley I'm in.

Still feeling sad and lonely, I thought about the mare that lied to me, She never really wanted to help me. She just wanted to make sure no one would ever find me. She lied saying she would help me, but she hid me in an alleyway. Now I'm going to die by bleeding out from my injuries or by starving to death, which ever comes first.

A stream of tears escape my eyes as I silently cry. Slowly my silent sobbing grew to quiet sobs, then to full out sobbing and wailing into the empty morning air.

Suddenly, a sound at the entrance to the dead end alley I'm in makes me stop crying and turn toward it. Standing in the entrance to the alleyway, was a pony standing underneath a street light.

From the pale glow of the street light, I made out the features of the pony standing at the alley entrance. He had a slight muscular build. He was an inch or two shorter than most stallions. He had a red mane and tail, he also had blue fur. Form the distance, I can't tell what his eye color was or his cutie mark.

"Hello? Anypony there," he asked uncertainly.

When I first heard his voice, a huge amount of relief filled me. As I thought on his voice, great fear replaced my relief. As fear replaced my relief, I thought about what is going to happen to me if he finds out I'm a changeling.

How will he react to me being a changeling? What is he going to do to me? Should I attempt to change my form?

The last thought came to me as he started to approach me. I might as well try to disguise myself to ensure my own safety. So I risk being caught and call out, "Look out,behind you!"

I saw him whirl around with lightning speed. In the few seconds he was turned, I transformed with an orange wave of flame.

When he turned back around and looked at me, he saw a black-furred pegasus mare, with an orange mane and tail. My cutie mark was an orange cloud would find at dusk. My eyes are a deep orange, close to being brown but still light enough to be orange.

"Miss, are you okay? Do you need any help," the stallion called down the alleyway to me.

"I-I think my back left l-leg is broken. I know my r-right wing is broken and my l-left wing has severe injuries to it. I-I don't know where I'm at. Please, please h-help m-me," I asked in a pleading voice.

Hearing my pleading voice he came closer to help me, or so I thought. Halfway between me and the end of the alley entrance, his horn light up and scanned me. After he scanned me, his compassionate smile turned to an angry frown.

Why did he go from compassionate to angry all of a sudden, I wondered. Wait, am I still disguised? I slowly turn my head around and froze, I now feared for my life. I looked at my body and see that my disguise has been striped away.

Horrified, I tried to crawl away but I'm immediately reminded that I have a broken leg. A second scream erupted from my throat from the pain I caused while I tried to crawl. After the scream dies, I remembered I had wings, but the thought of me escaping by flying dies moments later as I remembered my wings were badly damaged.

When the stallion's angry frown turned into a wicked smile, I knew that I was more than likely about to die. He turned back to the alley entrance and shouted, "Hey, boys! We got a live one." Seconds later, two more unicorn stallions came into view.

The first stallion was completely brown, from head to hoof, even his mane and tail were brown. His cutie mark was obscured by the second unicorn who was also a stallion. The other unicorn was taller and he had red fur. His mane and tail colors are black with a red streak through it.

"Well boys, what are we going to do with it," the stallion who first found me asked his companions. "There has not been any decree saying what to do with any changeling that was found."

The brown stallion looked at me with disgust. "I say we kill it and then leave the body here in the alley. It deserves it since it attacked our home."

A few moments pass by in complete silence before the red unicorn asked, "How about we turn it into the Royal Guard and let them deal with it? I know I can't actually kill the thing without it eating away at my conscience."

"Your right my friend, we can't kill it without it eating away at our consciences for the rest of our lives. Why don't we just throw it out ourselves? That way no one has to deal with it."

While they were busy trying to decide on what to do with me, I though about the three ponies in front of me, Why are they so unfriendly? I was told in the hive that ponies were very friendly and kind. The hive even told me they would not harm another creature without good reason. Was I lied to? NO! My hive would not lie to me, especially my queen.

So what do I do now? I can't run or fly, these three unicorns want to hurt or turn me into the guard, and I can't escape because of my hurt leg and wings and know little to no other magic than changing forms and levitation.

Before they can decide what to do to me I ask, "Why do you hate me and my kind?" I clamp my mouth shut after I had spoke.

The red and brown stallions look at me shocked but the blue stallion speaks with venom in his voice, "You don't know why we hate you?! I'll tell you why! Your kind kidnapped a princess, impersonated her, controlled he fiance, and invaded Canterlot all on the bride's wedding day! AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHY WE HATE YOU?!"

As he is yelling the final sentence, he picks me up in his magic and I scream as I am flung toward the bricked up end of the alley way. I impact the brick wall and I feel the carapace on my back crack and my left wing decides it is time to give up. I screech in pain and the unicorn stallions cover their ears.

The red one leans closer to the blue stallion and he nods before his horn glows again. A second later, I feel something hard collide with the top of my head.

SSSSSSNNNNNAAAAPPP! I hear a small object hit the ground and then a THUD as something else hits the ground as well.

I can see the unicorns eyes go wide and my eyes go wide then start to close as pain floods my body. My head hits the ground and my eyes close slowly. In front of my face is my broken off horn and a brick.

I start to black out and hear the red stallions voice, "You idiot I said knock it out not snap it's horn off!"

The blue one speaks, "I didn't mean to do that!"

I hear the brown stallions voice and it has a small amount of panic to it, "I think we better get out of here before any one shows up to check out what that screaming was." He turns around and bolts.

My eyes close fully as the other two follow suit and bolt as well. Before I am unconscious I have one last thought, So much for a second chance. I then pass out and lay still as the sun rises above the horizon

Author's Note:

Credit goes to SpiritoftheWolf on deviant art for the picture. The changeling on the right is the changeling in my story who will be getting a name soon.


Sorry for the long wait but I am a slow writer and spend more time reading other stories than writing my own.Thanks for understanding and waiting for this chapter.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment