• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 2,933 Views, 26 Comments

Friendship is Mystic: A Power Rangers and MLP Crossover - CheesewedgeFTW



It's the crossover episode Mystic Force was never graced with. The Mane Six and Mystic Power Rangers team up to fight off their old foes in the match up of the century. It's the ultimate battle of good magic vs bad magic.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,933

Evils Reawakened

Morticon stepped out of the swirling portal that led back to the Underworld and out into the air of his newly-discovered lands to conquer. Already, he was feeling the copious amounts of magical energy pour into his body from the air alone. It was, to say the very least, empowering.

He wanted more of it.

From where he stood, there was nothing but wilderness and forest surrounding him. The setting was more than its fair share of chilling and ominous. It was Morticon’s kind of place.

“Incredible,” he said to himself, “The magic I’m feeling from this world is already enough to power me up. If I can get even more of this power, I’ll be able to take over the human world!” A sly smile spread across his face. “And, I’ll be able to put those pesky Power Rangers in their place once and for all.”

“My, my, my… what do we have here?”

Morticon looked around, startled by the voice that had come out of nowhere, but saw nobody present.

“Who’s there!?” he shouted, “Where are you!?”

“Now now, no need to get testy,” the voice continued, “Didn’t your mother ever tell you how rude it was to speak to others that way?”

“Come out where I can see you, or help me if I won’t destroy…” Morticon trailed off as a sudden dark apparition appeared before. It wasn’t like any being he had ever encountered, largely because it had no shape. It was just a mass of darkness lingering before him, yet behind that darkness he sensed a power beyond his wildest imagination, although the power was faint and he could barely sense it.

“Wha-what are you?”

“I’ve gone by many names over the years,” the voice echoed, “But the most prominent would be… Nightmare.”

“And I am Morticon.”

“Morticon… what an interesting name for an interesting creature. I know many of the beings locked up in Tartarus, but I don’t recall ever seeing something as hideous as you.”
“Thank you,” Morticon said, grateful for the compliment, “And the reason for this would be because I am not from this realm.”

“Really?” the Nightmare seemed intrigued now, “I’ve not encountered many instances of inter-dimensional travel. You must have an important reason to be here, my other-worldly friend.”

“...You can say that.” Morticon was not yet sure he could trust this Nightmare enough to reveal his plans. Unfortunately, the Nightmare had other plans.

“The power that you seek from these ponies is awesome, weird one.”

The murlock staggered back in surprise. “H-how did you…?”

“Don’t be so surprised, General Morticon. I know of your conquests against the humans of your world, and your plans to take over the ponies of this world as well. I am, after all, a Nightmare, able to haunt the darkest recesses of a pony’s mind.” The Nightmare let out a small chuckle. “And your mind is nothing but darkness and evil.”

Morticon could only growl as he clenched his fist anger, using his other to grasp his sword attached to his waist. “Why, I oughta…”

“Allow me to help, is what you oughta do.”

“Huh?”

“You see, Morticon, although my power is much greater than yours and your minions, I am weak in my current state. The powers of the Elements of Harmony have greatly weakened me and cast me from my almighty host. Now, I am forever forced to roam the land of Equestria in this blanket form.”

“Let’s put it this way, my dear Morticon,” the Nightmare spoke as the darkness circled about him, surrounding him in potential power, “You have some pesky goody-two-shoes to deal with, and I have some more goody-two-shoes to deal with. If we combine our power and wits, we can overcome both of our adversaries and rule the two worlds together.” The darkness had almost fully engulfed him by now, only his face now open to the air. The Nightmare spoke once more.

“So, what do you say… friend?”

Morticon smiled deviously and said, “Sounds like a deal,” and the rush of magic filled his world.

Back in the human world, the eight reunited friends were walking through the woods, on their way to visit the Gatekeeper Claire, whom they hadn’t seen in quite a while. After the battle of Briarwood, she had become a master sorceress and watched over the Root Core, which was the Ranger’s old base of operations that resided in a giant tree.

On their way over there, they passed a local village in the forest that resided quite close to the tree. Before, it had comprised only of denizens of the magical realm. Now, there was an abundance of humans walking around as well.

“Man, isn’t it crazy to see humans and mythics living together so peacefully?” asked Vida.

“A lot has changed since we left on vacation,” observed Udonna, remembering a time when humans and mythics despised each other.

“You can thank Leelee and Phineas for that,” said Chip, “Those two have done a lot to help folks get acquainted with each other, with them being in a relationship and all.”

Nick was about to reply when all of a sudden, a scream cut through the air. All the villagers and the traveling group all stopped and watched as an elven man ran through the path past them, stumbling in his hasty run. He turned back once and shouted, “Morlocks! Morlocks!” before dashing away once again. Then, more screams rang out as several humanoid creatures appeared from the ground, which the group recognized as Hidiacs and Styxoids, foot soldiers from The Forces of Darkness.

The villagers began to run away in fear, leaving Nick and his group alone with the creatures staring them down. They all got into battle stances, having faced these creatures many times before.

“I thought we got rid of all these guys beforehand,” said Xander, readying his fists for a fight.

“You should think twice before acting on false assumptions,” shouted a voice from behind the Hidiacs, and two beams of highly-powered energy shot out at the Rangers, knocking them all off their feet in a frightful explosion. Nick spat the dirt and grass from his mouth before looking up, only to see a figure he thought he would never have to see again.

It was Morticon, as evil and ugly as ever, wielding his ragged blade against the Rangers as he had done a year ago.

“Morticon!” Nick shouted as he hurriedly stood back up. The others, surprised by their old foe’s sudden appearance, got back on their feet as well.

“Oh, so you still remember me, Red Ranger. I feel so flattered,” Morticon glowered.

“This isn’t possible,” said Madison, “We destroyed you when we closed the gate to the underworld.”

“Well, you shouldn’t expect a silly thing like death to keep the general of the Undead Army from returning with a vengeance.” Morticon suddenly noticed a pair he hadn’t seen in quite a while, “Daggeron, what a surprise to see you here. You haven’t aged a bit since you were trapped in that useless body of a frog for all those years.” Daggeron only scowled back.

“And Koragg,” Morticon turned his attention to Leanbow, calling him by his warrior name,“I see you’ve broken your bond to the Master since I’ve last seen you. Seems like all that talk about honor was a mere facade.”

“Quiet, murlock!” Leanbow commanded angrily, “I am no longer held to Octumus’ hypnotic spell, and my name is not Koragg! It’s Leanbow. Would you care to enlighten us on your intentions here?”

“Yeah, you hot-air pump!” shouted Vida, “Tell us why you’re here before we have to beat it out of you!”

“Isn’t it obvious? Murlocks, attack!” With that, the Hidiacs ran towards the group, who let out a cry and ran forward as well, meeting the foot soldiers straight on and performing expert fighting moves. The Power Rangers were back in action.

Morticon stood back, watching in interest. “So these are the Rangers that took down Master Octumus,” he thought quietly to himself, “All the more pleasure to destroy them.”

Nick observed Morticon in the background of the fight and thought, “Coward,” then ducked under a swing from a nearby Hidiac and retaliating with a quick jab. Then, he ran towards the soldiers right in front of him, flipping over them and kicking off one of their backs for an extra boost. He sprinted towards Morticon, intent on bashing his head in, but was only knocked back from another dark magic blast.

“Nick!” Chip, Vida, Xander, and Madison all shouted as they ran to his side, hoisting him back up. Morticon only laughed at the spectacle.

“What’s wrong, Rangers?” he laughed aloud, “I thought you would put up more of a fight than this.”

“If it’s a fight you want, then it’s a fight you’ll get!” Nick shouted as he pulled out his Mystic Morpher, the others around him doing the same. Udonna, Leanbow and Daggeron appeared right behind, with Udonna brandishing her Snow Staff and the two men summoning their respective Solar Cell Morpher and Wolf Morpher.

“Ready?” Nick shouted.

“Ready!” the rest of them answered.

Magical source, Mystic force!” the Rangers shouted, and the familiar surge of magical energy began to flow into their bodies.

“I don’t think so,” Morticon wasted no time in dispelling a holding spell, stopping their morph and halting them in their place. Dark magic grasped at their bodies, and they fell to the ground in pain, dropping their morphers and wands, which were grabbed by the Hidiacs and brought to Morticon’s side.

HAHAHAHA,” he manically laughed, “I can’t believe how easy that was! I just took down the Power Rangers in one fell swoop. These new powers are incredible.” He turned back to the fallen rangers, who were still under his paralyzing magic. “Well, no point in keeping them alive any longer.”

Before he could cast another spell, he was blasted to the side by a force of white light. He fell to the side, his concentration breaking and his hold over the Rangers failing. Groaning in pain, Nick and the others looked up to see a figure clad in purple and blue robes, holding a wand that had dispelled the energy and with only her face open to see. The Rangers instantly recognized the bright-blue irises they saw in the face.

“Claire!” they shouted, and the figure turned and smiled.

“Hey, guys. It’s great to see you again!” she yelled, oblivious to the Hidiacs currenty sneaking up on her.

“Watch out!” the group shouted as the Hidiacs pounced, but were cut off by a few kicks from… a giant, bipedal cat clad in genie clothes?

“Don’t forget about Jenji!” the cat shouted, and kicked off a few more foot soldiers for good measure.

Morticon, meanwhile, staggered back to his feet with his Hidiacs forming a protective barrier between him and the newcomers. He too recognized the spellcaster, former assistant of Udonna and now the master sorceress of Briarwood, and the cat, Daggeron’s magical friend and partner-in-crime-fighting.

“Curses, you insolent fools!” he shouted, “You may have won today, but do not forget, I still have your morphers!” He held up the items for all to see. “I’ll be back in time, and when I do, I will be even more powerful!”

“Stop!” Nick yelled, but it was too late. A flash of darkness appeared behind Morticon, revealing a swirling pool of energy. The general calmly stepped through, and the swirl closed up, leaving the Rangers and the newcomers alone.

Things were about to get very interesting indeed.

All the ponies of Ponyville were going about their days in typical fashion, unaware of the danger that loomed in the near future. Not surprisingly, having lived near a chaos-ridden and untamable forest their entire lives, they were all used to impending danger and threats to the town, much like the citizens of Briarwood. They knew, especially now, that they could depend of six local mares to wield the most powerful weapons in Equestria to protect them on such occasions.

The six local mares in question were gathered on a small heath not too far from Ponyville itself, enjoying a quiet picnic. The leader of the group, Twilight Sparkle, was demonstrating some new spells she had perfected. The others were in awe, amazed at the spectacle. As Twilight reverted Rarity’s mane back to its natural shade of purple, she turned once again to each of her friends and smiled.

“So, what do you girls think?” she asked, eager to hear her friends’ responses.

“That… was… AWESOME!!!” shouted an excited Pinkie Pie, eliciting nods from all the other mares.

“I’d have to agreed with Pinkie there, Twi,” Applejack stated.

“Yes, it was a most spectacular performance,” said Rarity, nervously inspecting her mane with a mirror for any signs of discoloration, while Fluttershy quietly nodded.

“Thanks,” she said, as she made her way back to the cloth and sat down, “You have no idea how long I’ve been working on those spells.”

“I have no idea how you managed to learn spells like those in the first place,” Rainbow said jokingly.

“Two words: practice and patience,” said Twilight, levitating a hay sandwich out of the available plate.

“You bet,” said a small dragon walking up to the group, with a new pitcher of lemonade in his grasp, “Twilight’s been moving through Princess Celestia’s magic tiers like crazy ever since she became an alicorn. Pretty soon, she’ll be doing stuff like blowing up boulders and summoning weapons and pinning ponies to the ground without lifting a hoof and…” Spike trailed off as he received a scowl from Twilight and hurriedly put down the pitcher and ran off to avoid the wrath of his mentor. Twilight sighed as she looked back to her friends, who wore very confused expressions on their faces.

“Sorry about that,” she said apologetically, “Ever since I accidentally brought up the concept of offensive magic with him, that’s all he ever talks about.”

“Why would anypony get offended by magic?” Pinkie Pie asked innocently, “Is it really that inappropriate?”

“No, darling, I think Twilight means attack magic,” Rarity corrected, “But why are you against the idea of such a branch of magic?”

“I don’t know,” Twilight admitted, “I just find it… unneeded. There are other ways to deal with a solution other than just straight-up attack.”

Although the rest of the ponies were still a tad confused, the topic was dropped and the six continued on with their meal… that is, until Pinkie Pie, just about to take a bite of her hay sandwich, stopped mid-way with her eyes bulging out of her sockets.

“Uh oh,” she spoke quietly before suddenly going into a fit of shaking, her whole body vibrating uncontrollably.

“Pinkie, what’s happening!?” inquired Fluttershy, even though she knew the answer. They had all become acquainted with Pinkie’s unnatural sixth sense. It just wasn’t something that she wanted to hear.

Pinkie Pie stopped shaking long enough to look at Fluttershy and, in a grim voice, say, “It’s a doozy.”

Then, the screams arose in town.

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger...he said in a sing-songy voice.

Hope you all enjoy this. Next update will be soon.