• Published 25th Nov 2014
  • 1,193 Views, 42 Comments

Not Alone - FluffyDoom



Spike finds a female dragon after she crashes near Ponyville. Dragging her back she stays there for a week in a magical induced coma, giving many ponies the chance to study the dragon species. When she awakes though, she lashes out and wont stay.

  • ...
5
 42
 1,193

5: In Between

Chapter Five: In Between.

Blazer sighed as she took the towel and dried off, not liking the cold after effects of stepping out of the nice warm water. She couldn’t deny the fact that soaking in a tub was nice, and being clean, not just dirt off the top of her scales clean, but everything clean, was amazing; yet she still disliked the the way she felt this stuff was being forced on her.

However, she could bare it for her newest idea that not even Sparkle Arse would figure out. Blazer was going to be a spy, her job, get information for dragon kind. She would be remembered in history and by all dragon kind as the dragoness who got the information to bring down their very civilization if they so pleased! She was going to brave their treatments, suffer through the agonizing society shift, and give up a chunk of her future as she was forced to learn about them.

Oh who was she kidding? Ponies hardly posed a threat and made amazing snacks if they so happened to wander just a bit too close to a hungry dragon. She was no great spy, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t act like one to make this whole thing bearable. Deep down though, she despaired at the thought of spending one more day with them.

So far they valued friendship, preferred peace, were sadly smart, and just like all prey animals, too nice. Ok, but dragons already knew that. Maybe she could introduce the idea of more privacy though? Dragons would love that idea, especially when they would be forced to travel in groups.

Good start, one useful piece of information. These prey animals valued privacy when doing their business and bathing.

“She probably fire proofed this room.” She spoke aloud suddenly, a whole new train of thought coming to mind.

Why should she have to air dry when she could trump water with fire, and heat up the place? Cracking a happy grin, she breathed fire all over the room, allowing the crystals to heat up and warm her freezing scales. Only for a few short moments did it feel like a sauna, until she evaporated that water too.

Pausing to suck in some air, she looked at her body. Not a single water droplet on it, and shining like a Snowy Sapphire. Practically dripping confidence, she swaggered out of the bathroom and then out of her room. If that wuss of a dragon thought she was beautiful before, his jaw would be dropping to the ground now. Blazer wasn’t above playing with the emotions of others, it would give her some type of control after all.

“I’m hungry, what is for dinner?” She called as she walked towards the noise.

It sounded kind of like an argument, but what about? She would have to get closer to see, or more like hear.

Walking into a large room with a fabulous purple rug on the ground, she let two incredibly large doors slam shut behind her. On the sides of the grand room were pictures of Twilight and other ponies that Blazer could only guess were her friends. There was also some statues of them too, all made out of the irritating material that was making her hungrier by the second. How did Spike stand living in an edible, yet not edible, castle?

The room was longer than it was wider, but that being said it was still had a good distance from the left to right side. At the end of the room was Twilight, and a brownish mare with silver hair.

“Oh, Blazer, I see you found my throne room.” Twilight said casually. though looking slightly nervous. “Maybe go look for Spike instead?”

Blazer cocked her head to the side and raised an non-existent eyebrow ni questioning. “Why, ya busy?”

“Yes.” She stated flatly. “Mayor Mare, meet Blazer. Blazer, Mayor Mare.” She swished her hooves back and forth.

“Actually, no Twilight.” The mayor interrupted rudely. “I wish to see your new dragon friend.”

“I am not her friend.” Blazer growled in warning.

To her credit, the mayor of Ponyville kept her cool quite well. Possibly because she had seen so many strange and dangerous threats in her days. If anyone could now keep a cool head around dangers, it was the mayor of weird town herself.

“Mmhmm.” She hummed, slightly disinterested.

Mayor Mare got closer and began to circle Blazer like she was just some sack of meat. Blazer began to fidget from both discomfort and anger. What was this pony doing, inspecting her? The dragoness did not like it one bit and was about to voice her opinion-

“I suppose she can stay, however, are you sure she is intelligent unlike those wild dragons?” The mayor turned her head to Twilight, now ignoring Blazer without care.

Twilight gulped. “Please do not speak to her like that… Or about her. Or her kind. Maybe nothing negative? She has just made a large jump from her usual standard of living.”

“Yes, I suppose our amazing pony technology could overwhelm such an uneducated beast.” The mayor agreed.

Blazer’s eye twitched as her spines shot up in anger. Growling, she eyed the neck of the mare before her, pondering if she should jump on this prey or not. How superior she was acting! How out of her league she assumed to be! Snarl on her face, she wisely choose to battle this mare verbally, as ponies were more accustomed too.

“You think I am an idiot? Well talk about your self, imbecile! You speak negatively about a dragon who probably weighs twice your weight in scales alone, can breath fire on your sorry excuse for a body, and has the born instincts of a killer! What sane creature walks up in front of a hunter, insults it, then ignores it? Only a real idiot does that, miss Mayor Mare.”

Mayor Mare stood wide-eyed for a few seconds before regaining her composure. “Well then! Twilight if your new dragon is going to act like that, she is not welcomed in Ponyville! Take her away at once!”

Before Balzer could snap again, Twilight beat her too it, a furious look now on her face too. “Mayor Mare, in all honesty, you had that coming.” She stated in her usual blunt way. “She was right when she said you marched up to her and insulted her. Also, she isn’t my dragon, and neither is Spike. I don’t own dragons, Spike is his own pony- er, dragon. Blazer is a special case and just happens to be in our custody for a while. One last thing, I technically own Ponyville now, and while I am mostly a head figure until I figure out how to rule, I can make the final decision on anything I please. Blazer is staying, now please get out of my castle.”

The mayor was fuming, but kept her mouth shut as she stormed from the crystal tree, steam coming from her ears. While Twilight sat on her throne appearing tired, Blazer was ecstatic.

“That was amazing! I didn’t know you creatures had a temper.” The dragoness laughed. “Ah come on, don’t look down, I mean yeah, dragons deal out worse verbal beat downs when things don’t get physical, but I can make an exception for you new timers when it comes to verbal fighting.”

Twilight eyed her, clearly annoyed with the little speech she just gave. “Thing is, we ponies don’t do it like that. What I did was very very bad, and now I will be getting negative public whiplash from it. Top it off, I was pretty rude too, that isn’t ok. I am a leader, I am not allowed to blow up, Blazer. Verbal beat downs are a no-no.”

“Verbal beat downs are a no-no.” She mimicked with creepy likeness to Twilight's voice. “Listen to yourself Twilight, better yet, listen to me. Sometimes to get a point across you gotta be tough, and rude. That was both, and didn’t it work?”

“Blazer, pony society, different things.” She chimed. “Please, lets get off this subject. Mayor Mare usually is more polite, but she has been under a lot of stress now that I am princess. Who truly runs this town? As I said, I am a mere figurehead… For now. Anyway, what’s up?”

Blazer begrudgingly left the subject. Her stomach was persuasive in its growling however. “Food, dinner. Do I get to eat meat, or just gems?”

“Gems. I don’t think many ponies would be happy with you eating meat, considering you are already a dragon. Sorry to get off topic, but do you really weigh twice that of the mayor?”

“Meat diet makes you bigger and has more protein.” She explained. “I suppose you veggie ponies wouldn’t know much on meat and its effects though.. Also, my scales aren’t here to look pretty. Protection weighs.”

“Fascinating…” Twilight murmured. “Spike! Get dinner set please!” She shouted at the top of her lungs. Continuing in a normal voice. “Please step into that room on the right.” She pointed to a nearby room with a large wooden red cross over it.

Blazer nodded, vaguely wondering what this pony was about to do. Should she be frightened that one of the few ponies in this world who could bring a dragon down single-hoofed was making her go to a room with a strange symbol after revealing her weight? Possibly. Maybe she just wanted a scale though, and those were easy enough to pick off, though a bit painful.

Slowly walking into the room, Twilight followed her. So far her encounters with Twilight mainly involved arguments, but at that moment Twilight had the air of tiredness after Mayor Mare. Blazer did her best hid a nasty grin as a mean idea formed in her mind.

“Why are you smiling, Blazer?”

The question from Twilight slightly surprised her as she went deep into thought about the idea. “Oh, uh, just thinking about dinner. Snowy Sapphires are my favorite gems.” She covered.

“Uh huh. Step on the scale please.” Twilight asked as she summoned a notepad and pencil from mother Fire knows where.

“Scale? Those are on my back, Sparkle.”

Twilight gave a rather loud sigh, and pointed to a tiny metal box. “That is also called a scale, it measures your weight.”

“Oh.” Blazer complied, her movements slightly reluctant.

Why did she need to know her weight? Was Blazer fat? Fat was good, it meant she was healthy and had a large food supply. It also meant that she probably had a lot of muscle, as muscle weighed more than fat. Even dragons knew that!

“Wow, that is a lot more than Spike.” Twilight said in a surprised voice.

“How much does prissy little Spike weigh?” She inquired.

“About 65 pounds, which is nearly 15 more pounds than the average pony, and he is the size of an adult pony. You on the other hoof, weigh a hefty 92. How did you get so much weight? You definitely don’t look like you weigh that much.” Twilight explained.

Blazer gave an eyeroll. “Aren’t you supposed to be the smart pony? I already told you, muscle and scale! Little baby Spike however, doesn’t eat meat like me.”

“Well, even with your bigger muscles, what about the scales?”

“The more you use these wonderful things the denser they get. I don’t have them to look pretty, though they do help with that.” She chuckled.

Twilight did not laugh, and instead began to scribble on her notepad. It took a few minutes before speaking.

“Lets go eat, this will be a great chance to see how you react on a pure-gem diet.”

Blazer let out a tiny growl. “You wanna make that happen, huh? Why can’t I eat meat while here!”

“Pony soc-”

“Well screw pony society!” Blazer screeched, hitting another mood swing. The once calm dragoness was suddenly filled with fury. “I want meat, not just gems! I am a growing dragoness! I don’t care if Spike does this, or if Spike does that, or if he can survive like this, or like that! I AM DIFFERENT, FIRE DAMNIT.”

As if to prove her point, she blew out a large flame, letting it consume the whole room. Sadly, Twilight Sparkle had neglected to fire-proof everything in her castle, and Spike was generally well behaved so there was no need to before.

In her anger, she added a bit of magic to her fire, and that was when things got truly interesting. What machines that weren’t melted into ooze, crackled and exploded. The fire took on a sparkling look and Twilight felt herself grow a headache. The rest of the items didn’t smoke like normal, but emitted a foul, egg like, odor that nearly made the princess throw up.

Twilight quickly put a stop to it, but the damage had been done and she now had a headache, while Blazer, who had exaggerated a lot of energy recently, collapsed. Dousing everything in water, she also filled the room with a magical sensing spell. it wouldn’t react to her magic, but other magic would make it would go crazy.

It did go insane as it sensed Blazers magical fire breath, or what remained of it. Twilight knew it would take time and energy, but she wanted to go through every leftover trace from Blazers fire.

With the biggest threats out of the way, and new goals in mind, Twilight picked up the still angry, but now tired, dragoness in her magic.

“I am getting you checked out for mental diseases and parasites.” She mumbled to herself so Blazer wouldn’t hear. Speaking louder, “I will let you off the hook for now. Switching from everything you have known since hatching must be causing a psychological strain on your mental stability. Don’t deny it, because if you do, I will have to deal out a punishment.”

Blazer huffed out normal smoke in response.

“Amazing, lets eat, shall we?”

Author's Note:

Pretty much a filler as I work on not be so lazy. Enjoy the rest of her day.

Comments ( 9 )

I don't really get this story first she was forced to stay there and now she's mostly complying with being treated like an pet/experiment then just flips out for no reason. Its starting to feel like a chore to read this.

Man Spike is disrespected in this story. :unsuresweetie:

5530793 Yeah, I plan on hopefully smoothing things out x.x Sorry about the shitty reads so far. I promise it stabilizes after this.

5533008 alright don't get me wrong I'm definitely gonna keep reading this but I don't like how dragons are basically treated worse then pets and spike just goes along with it (mostly bias on my part because I like a badass stands up for himself instead of a pushover spike) I'll definitely keep reading but hate the personality of my fav character :moustache:

5533046 At the moment he is being doepy for his second, "one true love". You can bet he is gonna snap sooner or later :raritywink:

5555654 Twilight doesn't have much experience with dragons. :twilightsheepish:

Also in my story, the outlook for dragons is, they are extremely rude to those outside there species, not very hygienic, and... Ah, lemme just type further into the chapters. Things shall be explained.

I like what you have done so far and I look forward to seeing where you go with it there there is not enough good stories That are spike central with other dragon's

:applecry:Rest in peace :fluttercry::raritydespair::raritycry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=27&v=WChTqYlDjtI
Login or register to comment