• Published 25th Nov 2014
  • 12,079 Views, 601 Comments

My Little Girl - CrackedInkWell



One night in 1986, the twelve year old Lauren Faust wakes up finding a talking pony under her bed. She follows the pegasus though a tunnel into a place called Equestria.

  • ...
73
 601
 12,079

15: Once Upon a Time...


Lauren returned to the castle along with Twilight, Applejack and the rest of the guards. She asked to speak to Celestia, who at the time was still in Day Court. When word got to Celestia that Lauren wanted to see her, she called out for the court to a take a break that despite the murmurs of the Lord's, representatives and ambassadors, they obeyed.

“You wished to see me, Lauren?” Celestia asked stepping out of the throne room.

“Celestia, I wanna go back home,” Lauren told her, for a moment, Celestia paused to register what she just heard.

“Are… Are you sure?”

“Yeah,” Lauren nodded. “I've been gone for a whole day and my parents are probably freaking out where I am. So can I go home?”

Celestia thought for a moment, “Twilight, may I have a word with you?” Her student nodded and walked away out of an earshot from Lauren. Not too long, the other elements, including Spike showed up.

“Ah just told them yer leavin’,” Applejack explained.

“Are you really gonna go?” Pinkie whined. “Couldn't you just stay a little bit longer? We still haven’t played any good games or pulled a prank on anypony.” Lauren told her that she’s sorry, but she had to leave.

“Well that’s a little disappointing,” Rainbow commented. “But then again, I can clearly see why.”

“You do?” Lauren asked.

“Yeah, you’re still loyal to your family even after being here for a day. I totally get it; they’re probably worried sick about ya as you are with them.”

“Nopony is stopping you,” Fluttershy quietly said. “Although, we would like to get to know you more.”

“And as much as I would like to have you around to experiment styles of dresses on,” Rarity said, levitating a brush to sweep the dust off of Lauren’s clothes. “I do understand where your priorities lie. But dear, do try to come back when you can. It’s been a pleasure having you around.”

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Spike nodded. “You’re actually fun to talk to. Sorry about getting you into trouble. Oh and here are your pajamas by-the-way.”

“It’s alright, and thanks,” she told Spike after she took her clothes back. Lauren heard the approaching hoofsteps of the Princess and the student.

“Alright, please follow me, Lauren,” Celestia said. “We’ll show you the way home.” The Solar Princess led the way through hallways and staircases until they got to the hole in the wall where Lauren emerged from.

“So…” Celestia started, “I hope this isn't exactly goodbye.”

“I don’t think so,” Lauren said. “I really want to come back here. You know what? With all of you here, why wouldn't I come back? So, see ya.”

“Lauren, wait!”

“What is-” Celestia was hugging her, not to say that Lauren was taken by surprise at this sudden action. But the hug didn't last long after Celestia let go, she told her, “Just… Try come back to visit as often as you can if you please.”

“Um, sure.”

“Lauren, if you don’t mind,” Twilight stated. “I would like to escort you back home.”

“Can I go too?” Spike asked, in which Twilight granted the request. Lauren and the ponies said their farewells before she, Twilight and Spike started to crawl back into the tunnel. Twilight led the way with her horn that glowed in the darkness of the twisting and winding path. The stone tunnel gave way to the ancient Knick-Knacks, tools, and toys until they saw the wooden beams and the painted stucco in which they found themselves under a bed. They crawled out to find themselves in Lauren’s bedroom with the lamp on the nightstand still on, and the clock on the nightstand read three forty-six. A quick look out the window showed that it was still dark outside.

“So, this is your room?” Twilight asked, picking up one of the plastic ponies that lay around. “I’m sorry to say this, but that is got to be the ugliest looking pony that I’ve ever seen.”

Lauren laughed, “I know, they don’t even look like you.”

“So… What are ya gonna tell your parents?” Spike asked.

“I… I don’t really know. They probably would be mad at me for disappearing like that.” Lauren sighed, “Do you know what I should tell them since I’ve been to your world and all that?”

Twilight paused, took a deep breath, looked at Lauren in the eye and said, “Actually, I do.”

“And what’s that?”

“Lauren, I am so, so sorry for this.”

“Sorry for what?” the answer came as Twilight’s horn lit up, a beam of light lit Lauren’s head and like that, she was out cold.

“Twilight! What was that for!?” Spike asked running over to the unconscious human.

“Don’t worry Spike, she’ll be alright. Princess Celestia had given me an order to put a spell on her.”

“What did you do?”

“Don’t worry; I didn't erase her memory of what happened in the past twenty-four hours. I actually changed it a little.” Twilight explained while she set to work in changing Lauren’s clothes from what Rarity had made back into her pajamas.

“Changed? How?”

“She will still remember her time in Equestria, with all of those ponies she’s met, but to her now she’ll remember it only as a dream.”

“But why?”

“It’s… It’s hard to explain Spike. But Celestia had told me to do this to prevent a paradox.”

“Paradox? What are you talking about?”

“If I told you that this is the very creator of Equestria, only that she’d haven't created yet, would you believe me?”

Spike blinked, “What?”

“Exactly,” Twilight had finished changing Lauren and put her into the bed. “But remember what we've learned when me from the future came to me and tried to warn of certain destruction? I've learned something else that day.”

“And what’s that?”

“Time would always find a way to mend itself. Now come on Spike, let’s go home,” and with that, after switching off the light, Twilight and Spike crawled under the bed; headed back for Equestria.

_*_

“Lauren, get up, it’s time for breakfast!” her older brother shouted from another part of the house. She didn't feel like waking up even though her mind was starting to. Bit by bit, the dream from last night came back to her. It was about ponies, a place called Canterlot in Equestria, and meeting two Princesses called-

“Lauren, come on, breakfast is getting cold,” her mom called out. She opened her eyes to the now brightly lit room from the morning sun. After a minute, she slumped out of bed.

“What a dream,” she muttered. “It kinda seemed real though.” Before she got even halfway across the room, she remembered that in the dream, there was a tunnel underneath her bed. She went over to the bed near the headboard, knelt down to take a look from under the blankets.

She only saw a solid wall there, even touching it confirmed this.

“Lauren!” her mother called out.

“Coming!” She replied as she headed towards the kitchen.

_*_

California, 2008

Lauren got into her car and, before driving away; she decided to call up Craig to tell him the news.

“Hello?”

“Hey Craig, it’s me.”

“Lauren! Hey, what’s going on?”

“Well, I got some news over here, Hasbro has just hired me.”

“Hasbro? For what?”

“They want me to develop a T.V. show for them to update a franchise.”

“Which one?”

“Remember how I always wanted to push for a show for girls but the pitch is always shot down?”

“Yeah?”

“They want me to make a pitch bible for… get this, My Little Pony.”

“Oh, you poor miserable soul! Are you serious?”

“Oh yeah, they want me to do it. They said that I’ll get some help with this, but… I don’t know. I’m very skeptical about this.”

“I can see why, I mean, aren't the other shows-”

“Dull?”

“Yeah, Lauren I’m starting to get worried, this sounds like a bomb waiting to happen.”

“Well… Who knows, maybe something good could come out it for all I know. After all, we helped make something like Power Puff Girls work and your Fosters-”

“Yeah, but as I recall, you really helped me out with that show. But those shows were original; this is My Little Pony we’re talking about here. Lauren, do you even have any ideas on how to make it work?”

“Well, I guess I might do some bit of research, look back at the show over the years to see what worked and what didn't.”

“Maybe you could throw that dream in there.”

“What dream?”

“Remember that dream you told me about, the one when you were like, twelve, thirteen years old about being in a land of talking ponies?”

“Oh, that dream, Craig I barely remember it other than a few bits and pieces.”

“In your position, trust me, you’re gonna need all the help you can get. You know, maybe we can spend some time together to pitch a few ideas. I’ll try to help you and see where this’ll go.”

“Thanks, Craig. Just give me some time to think, I may come up with something.”

“I’ll see you later tonight. Bye.”

“’Kay, bye,” Lauren hung up. She drove a little until she came to a stoplight. My Little Pony, a show that was nothing but tea parties, useless giggles and villains so badly written that they’re easily defeated by sharing. Perhaps, the whole thing needs to be scrapped and needs to be done over again. Maybe the show could have an actual storyline that isn't just for little girls. After all, if there was anything that Power Puff Girls or even Fosters have taught her, is that kids expect quality from their shows too. But what to do with My Little Pony?

The light turned green and she drove another block or so until she reached another stop light. She wondered if the story needs to be redone, or maybe she could pitch for a new kind of story, one that would use only the good things from the show’s past but makes it timeless. Perhaps, give the show a world of its very own.

And it was there, that unbeknownst to Lauren when she muttered those four famous words of any fairy tale, which she began to dream up a world. That she shaped a kingdom; characters that would be interesting, funny and kind; she began to imagine a town full of ponies of every color, that they would have rules, food, culture and a history of their own. A place where magic exists and mythical creatures explore dark forests and deadly mountains.

As the light turned green, those words that Lauren muttered were, “Once upon a time…”

_*_

This was the happiest day of Twilight Sparkle’s life; today she had become the envy of Equestria. Today, she has been crowned a Princess of Friendship and ascended into Alicornhood alongside with the other three Princesses.

The celebration of the big coronation, parade and feast were over now Princess Twilight, Celestia and Luna were walking away from the ballroom from Twilight’s ball. Celestia nuzzled her student, “I am so proud of you,” she said.

“I know I just can’t believe that this is really happening to me.” Twilight yawned, “But it has been a long day.”

“I hope you’re not too tired are you?” the three princesses stopped when they heard that question. They turned around to find, to Twilight’s surprise, a cream coated mare with a red mane alicorn that was as tall as Celestia standing behind them.

Celestia and Luna froze when they saw her, “Of course, you did have a long day, that I understand,” the alicorn said. “So I hope me saying ‘Congratulations Twilight’ isn't too much as well as saying hello.”

“Mother!” Both Celestia and Luna cried out as they went over to embrace their mother. “It’s so good to see you again,” Luna said.

“M-Mother?” Twilight asked. Her mind reeled back to the day of the young human who came to Equestria. The one who her mentor said was her mother, a mother who goes by the name of-

“Oh, that’s right,” the Princesses’ mother realized. “I don’t think we've quite met yet. You may not know about me, but I do know quite a bit about you.” She went over to Twilight and offered a hoof to her. “My name’s Lauren Faust, but you can just call me Lauren.”

Twilight fainted. Lauren blinked a few times, she turned to her daughters, “Was it something I said?” she asked.

Author's Note:

The end.

I'm so glad that I'm actually done writing this. So what did you all think of it?

That is, if you don't mind of me asking.:fluttershyouch: