• Published 24th Nov 2014
  • 568 Views, 3 Comments

My Dear Fluttershy - Junster00741



A young mare is thrown into a world and meets a man who they don't know, is the start of the adventures to come

  • ...
12
 3
 568

Part 2: New Bonds Form

During the first week of staying Fluttershy and I we didn't really say much to each other. I know at first we said a few things and had a simple talk but after that was just awkward silence. Part of the reason is that I don’t really talk much, i’m sure the other reason is I’ve gone insane and hallucinated this creature so my mind could fill in that once empty void I had long ago. Though there was this one time however, where she did try to get to talk about myself but I just brushed it off and told her I wanted to nap. She did sound upset as she left my side but I was different back then and glad I am who I am now.

It was early in the morning, I was in bed at the time just waking up from my sleep. I was a bit groggy and stiff but a simple stretch can do wonders. I got up and went downstairs to find Fluttershy cleaning a few things up, it was a nice thing to see this since my house is a complete and utter dump but at the same time I felt bad cause she was doing something I should be doing. She was humming some lullaby as she did her work, wasn’t much really but enough to put me in a trance as I watched.

She was flying about from one side to the other, doing a few spins and loops and such in the process. It was absolutely amazing how her voice was, so light, gentle, kind, and soft. The voice of an angel, to put it simply...

By the time she noticed me she actually ran into the wall and fell back a bit dazed. I was still in a trance but snapped out of it when I heard her hit the floor. I rushed over to her side and checked to see if anything was broken, I only found a minor bruise on her head but nothing serious. Her moans of pain were rather adorable to be honest but it doesn’t mean I liked seeing her in pain. Once she settled she stood up and rubbed the bump that formed on her head.

“Well...That was some song you were humming...” I muttered quietly as I watched her carefully, “Can you tell me what that song was?” I asked.

Fluttershy at first was too busy with her bump but she responded not too long after , “I-it was a song my mother used to sing to me when I was scared. I was a pretty shy filly so she sang it enough times I remember it to this day and as you heard...Sing it here and there.” her face began to blush as she continued, “My mother also knew when to sing it too, sometimes she would catch me off guard when she sings but it always calms me down...I actually still hear her voice when I feel sad, just her singing that gentle lullaby while either holding or looking for me...” Fluttershy shook her head and put on a not so convincing smile, “Sorry, i’m sure that might’ve sounded weird.”

I shook my head, “Not at all,” I said with a light smile, “it’s actually rather cute...” I of course was blushing now, “What about your father?” I asked, “How was he? Was he caring like your mother...Did he sing you lullabies?”

Fluttershy was somewhat hesitant in answering my question for some reason, “He...Well my father was like any father.” she said with a seemingly gentle smile now, “Hard working and a little rough at times...Just a little.” she went silent afterwards and stared at the wall for a good minute or two. It was like she was out in a trance herself but almost like she was reliving something...

I wasn’t sure how to approach this considering I haven’t talked to a living being in who knows how long, “Well...Your father sounds like a good man I guess.” Fluttershy nodded once and continued to stare at the wall, her eyes quickly shifting left and right and pupils getting smaller and smaller. I placed my hand over her shoulder and gave her a gentle nudge, “You alright?” I ask with slight concern in my voice, “You all there?”

She snapped out of it and for a moment forgot where was at but when she saw me she settled, “S-sorry...” she mumbled quietly, “I uh...Just remembered something long ago.” she shifted her gaze back to the ground, “Its not important so don’t worry...” she whispered lightly.

I raised a brow obviously seeing something was wrong but I didn’t ask since we don’t know each other that well. I simply nodded and helped her up, along the way I whispered back, “Don’t be a afraid to tell me.” I then walked over to the kitchen and pulled out some carrots and apples. If I had some lettuce I’d be able to make us a simple salad but sadly the ones I had gone bad so I threw them out.

I cut the food I had into little pieces and divided them into two bowls for Fluttershy and I. I gave Fluttershy a little extra since I wasn’t the biggest on eating but I don’t hesitate on eating what is offered to me...Unless I know it’s bad which comes in handy when you've lived on the street for your whole life.

Once I handed her bowl and sat down with mine we ate while staring out the window and watched the clouds pass by. It was a pretty calm day so we decided to go for a little walk. This would be the first time I ever had someone join me in a walk and in all honesty, I was pretty damn nervous. The moment we stepped out my anxiety shot up and I needed a moment to gather my strength before stepping off my house. Afterwards it was just one step at a time, Fluttershy fared far better than I did but i’m sure she was getting a kick out of me with my awkwardness. At least it provided some type of entertainment for her, for all I know I could’ve gone big in the clown industry.

I settled after the first hour thankfully and it was smooth sailing along the way, funny thing was I forgot where we were walking and it ended with us searching for my house for two hours. By the time we found my house it was night time and the nightly critters were just starting to come out. Fluttershy wanted to see them since the way I talked about them seemed to interest her but I'm sure it's a bad idea to be out in the dark in the woods where anything can happen.

Once inside we were back in the kitchen again and I was making whatever I could for dinner. It was veggie stew and randomly enough, Fluttershy seemed to enjoy it more than me since I could barely scarf it down myself. She ended up having extra for the night but I had a few apples for myself to excuse the stew, funny enough she ate the whole thing and left the bowl clean dry. Strange for a mare of her stature.

“Do you want desserts?” I questioned sarcastically, “Cause if you do...Well we’re out.” Fluttershy was about to respond but out of nowhere she let out the loudest belch I ever heard, it nearly shook the whole house and nearly made me roll over with laughter.

“Ugh..N-no thanks.” she groaned, laughing along though from the looks of it she might’ve eaten too much. As for me I could barely keep my chuckling at a minimal.

“Talk about manners.” I utter before bursting into laughter, “Oh god my stomach!” I cried as I clutched it and rolled on the ground for a good few minutes. The entire time I gave Fluttershy a mild scare but after she realized I was just laughing she joined along.

Once that was settled we sat back down and just sat there with happy smiles.

“So...How did you like the walk?” I asked out of the blue, “Was it um...Alright?” my body began to tremble for some strange reason from my question, my throat was nearly dry also. It actually scared me a little with how my body was acting.

Fluttershy didn’t seem to notice it but she responded in a lighter and more peaceful tone, “It was pretty fun, the forest isn’t so scary when you have a friend with you.” she explained happily, “I’m almost jealous with how your forest is compared to my forest back home. yours is so much more...Natural and going with the flow while mine is...Well the same but...” she began to fumbling a few words around, trying to find a good way to explain her experience. “I really can’t explain it but it was just nice. No not nice, wonderful!” her face began to brighten up, along with a light blush, “Thank you for showing me though, I really appreciated it.”

“Friend...” I repeated to myself, “I’ve never been called friend before.” I shook my head and focused on Fluttershy, “Well I'm glad you enjoyed it and I’m sure we’ll have many more walks to come...At least I hope.” Once more my face began to burn up, “U-um...You wouldn’t mind going on another walk tomorrow, would you?” What’s wrong with me, I screamed in my mind, why are you acting like this!?

“I’d love to go.” she replied kindly, “I’m sure it’ll be more fun next time!”

My face lit up with excitement but moments later I yawned and realized it was past midnight, “Heh...Maybe we should go to bed.” I suggested, “You sure don’t want to sleep in one of the rooms I got? It’s really no problem and it’s far better than a conch.” I smiled somewhat nervously, hoping she would say yes since she’s been complaining a bit about her back and how the couch is a little lumpy.

Her familiar shy face returned when I asked, “Well...If you’re really sure about it then ok,” she agreed, “I’ll take one of your rooms.”

I gladly nodded and took her upstairs then gave her the room closest to mine, luckily for her it was the second largest and the most clean out of the other rooms. It’s not that I didn’t have a reason to clear, I just never had anyone over until Fluttershy came haha.

“So what do you think?” I ask, opening the door and letting her walk in, “Do you like it?”

Fluttershy looked around and seemed more at home with this room, probably with its faded forest colors, kind of ironic when you think about it. Fluttershy is some type of hippie and the room I so happen to have for her is a forest themed room. Almost like it was meant to be actually...

“Wow...This all looks amazing!” she gasped in awe from the little butterflies and deer hiding in the background, “It's so beautiful, I can’t believe you’re letting me stay in this room!”

As she spoke I pulled out some clean pillows and blankets and set the bed while she studied the theme and giggled when she would see the deer and butterflies, “Well it was by far the cleanest so consider yourself lucky.” I laughed happily before getting her settled in bed, was a little awkward since I had to tuck her in and such, “You all good now?” I ask calmly with a peaceful expression, “Anything I can get you?”

Fluttershy shook her head, “I think that’s enough for today and my back is already feeling better. Thank you.” she yawned tiredly as she snuggled into her blanket, “Goodnight Mister...”

“Goodnight Fluttershy...” I walked out quietly and opened the door to the my room. I then stripped into my shorts and shirt and plopped face first into my bed and rolled around before finding my comfy spot. I then stared out the window to my left and looked at the moon, it's funny I would do this from time to time. At first I did it every night since the moon was so bright in the sky, I did not however enjoy the sun since it was too bright and at warm days, too hot. I prefer cold since I have a warm body but luckily the area I live in is pretty cold and even more luckily, I have Fluttershy with me now and well...I can’t imagine it getting any better.