• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 1,584 Views, 9 Comments

Ultra's Hot Shots - ultra1437



Ultra's collection of written (possibly with shipping) collab oneshots

  • ...
2
 9
 1,584

PreviousChapters Next
I Want In - Twilestia Lightning Round

A mare walked up to a table littered with various objects, a checklist floating in her purple magic. A lone light shone down over the table, casting the walls and corners into near darkness. She eyed the list briefly before looking down at the table.

The line ‘Customized, suppressed rifle’ was checked off, quickly followed by ‘Suppressed pistol’ as the two weapons floated over to her. Her rifle settled against her neck as it hung by a strap, while her pistol slid into a holster underneath a wing. The items ‘Multiple preloaded magazines’ and ‘Carryall bags’ were also checked off as the mentioned items floated over, sliding into pouches on her armored vest. Her wings fluttered as she eyed the last items.

“Map of Canterlot Palace, check. Medicinal kits and potions? Check Communications headset, check.” Three more ticks denoted her list finished as the little earpiece settled into place, the microphone sliding down to rest less than an inch from her mouth. A cloak settled down over her body, covering her armor and wings to finish off her outfit. She clicked the pen in her magic, sealing away the tip, before smiling softly. “All set.”

Suddenly, the room’s only door flung open and in strode a large pony. The pony was large enough it had to duck its head as it passed through, lest they bang their muzzle on the top of the doorframe.

The pony stepped into the light, revealing none other than Princess Celestia. She was armored up just like Twilight was.

Twilight regarded her warmly, striding over and nuzzling up to Celestia. “Hey.”

“Hello, Twilight, are you ready?” Celestia spoke softly, wrapping a hoof around Twilight’s neck and withers, hugging her gently.

“I am, Princess.”

They stepped apart and Celestia led them to the door. “Then let us be off. Caden– I mean ‘Crystal’ shall be checking in shortly over our headsets. I want to be ready to go at a moment’s notice.”

The two strode out of the room, into a long hallway. They made small talk until they reached the only open door at the far end. It ended into a chariot launchpad, a team already in the process of hitching up to a chariot waiting for them.

Twilight gasped as she saw the chariot waiting. The black vehicle would be nearly impossible to spot when it flew at night, just what the owner wanted. “I– Luna’s letting us use her chariot?”

Celestia nodded, stepping into it. “Indeed. She wants this operation to succeed just as much as we do. She shall be providing sniper cover and recon, as well.” Scanning the area, Celestia spied the volunteers hitching up to the chariot, as well as a second one to act as a backup or decoy.

Twilight stepped in, sidling up next to the sun princess. “Oh, I feel better already.” After a few seconds, Twilight looked about and asked, “Where is she? I thought she’d ride with us.”

Celestia smiled, wrapping a hoof around Twilight’s. “She’s already onsite and feeding intel to Crystal, probably.”

“Oh. Okay…” Twilight’s posture drooped a little, her ears pinning back, as she hoped to speak with the lunar princess.

Celestia nuzzled Twilight’s head. “Relax, Twilight. Whatever you wish to ask her you can do so after the mission.” Celestia felt, more than saw, Twilight’s nod in reply.

Both ponies’ ears perked as their earpieces fed them a voice. “Crystal to Canterlot. Everfree says there don’t appear to be any variations from previous guard rotations. Intel appears to be good. Over.”

Celestia responded, nodding once out of habit, “Canterlot acknowledges. That’s good to hear. Ponyville and I are ready to depart. Over.”

“Roger that. Get skyward as soon as you can. We don’t have all night. Crystal over and out.”

No sooner had that been said when the pegasi finished hitching up to the chariot. The closest looked over to them and asked, “Ready to fly?”

Celestia looked to Twilight questioningly. Twilight nodded as she shouted, “Let’s fly!”

The chariot lurched as the pegasi pulling it launched forward, gaining speed and taking off. It soared down the end of the ramp and into the night.

Celestia spoke into her earpiece’s microphone. “Canterlot to Everfree and Crystal. We’ve launched and are on our way. ETA one hour. Out.”

“Roger that Canterlot. Godspeed.”


As the hour’s flight neared its close, their destination was soon in sight. Canterlot Castle wasn’t the same before their draconic enemy’s occupation. Luna’s reports had shown where dozens of guards normally patrolled during a day were now nearly five times that. Diamond Dog, pony, and even zebra slaves littered the turrets and embattlements. Each was armed, from simple rifles down to bows, crossbows and even the odd manned ballista had the sky firmly locked down.

Where Royal Guards had flanked doors and hallways in pairs, these new guards stood in half-dozens. ‘This isn’t going to be an easy infiltration.

A white hoof bumped hers, jolting Twilight from her melancholy thoughts. “Hey. You remember the route, right?”

Twilight nodded. “This won’t be easy.”

Celestia’s ears instinctively started to pin back. “No it will not, but should we pull this off, then we should gain a major advantage to help free Canterlot from the dragons.”

That’s right. Nopony should be able to infiltrate this castle. But we’ve got knowledge on our side. They won’t know all the secret passages and nooks and crannies to hide in.

The chariot climbed, soaring straight over the castle. They came in from an angle such that the moon’s light didn’t give their position away, letting them retain the element of surprise.

A voice sounded in Twilight’s ears, then her earpiece, creating a weird echo that was hard to understand. “Canterlot to Everfree. Any changes since we left? Over.”

Luna’s reply was immediate. “Negative, Canterlot. The rotation is any time now. Over.”

Twilight’s heartbeat picked up, the mare anticipating the upcoming drop.

“Roger that Everfree. We will be dropping momentarily. Over and out.”

Celestia’s voice was soft, but clear, “It is almost time, Twilight, we should get into position.” The larger white mare offered a hoof to Twilight, “For luck.”

Twilight bumped the offered hoof, smiling. “We shouldn’t need it, but it never hurts to have it.”

As one, the two mares stood and turned, facing opposite sides of the chariot. Cadence’s voice sounded in their headsets. “Crystal checking in, are we ready? Over.”

Luna responded first. “Everfree checking in, ready. Over.”

Twilight beat Celestia to the punch. “Ponyville is ready. Over.” She looked back to Celestia, smiling softly.

Celestia returned Twilight’s smile, “Canterlot is ready. Over.”

“Crystal to all. On my count we begin. Three.”

All playfulness disappeared.

“Two.”

Celestia looked down, unknowingly mirroring Twilight’s actions. They spied their target, nothing more than a speck below them.

“One.”

It was showtime.

“Drop!”

Both ponies fell simultaneously.

Wind whistled in their ears, drowning out all other sound and making their eyes water as they picked up speed. As the seconds ticked by, they made sure never to be too far or too close from each other. An accidental collision could be fatal at any height.

The speck grew slowly until their target was visible easily. ‘There! Tia’s room.

As one, both ponies flared their wings, slowly pulling back and bleeding speed. As they slowed, the howling in their ears faded.

Celestia looked to Twilight, and they both shared a look, nodding once. “Canterlot to all. Breaking off to complete my objectives. Fall successful. Out.”

Celestia banked off to the left, diving down toward a secondary tower.

Twilight kept on course, dropping down on Celestia’s balcony. As soon as she touched down, her rifle came up, ready to fire.

She opened the door, sliding into Celestia’s room unseen.

“Ponyville to Crystal. I’m in.”

Author's Note:

Just finished this like a minute ago. Oh man, I could do a few continuations of this one!

For posterity: Written April 3rd, 2016, from 9:06pm to 10:06pm.

PreviousChapters Next