• Published 18th Nov 2014
  • 526 Views, 7 Comments

Pegasi Of A Feather - Love At First Flight - Skatter



When a Pegasus named Snowy Daze meets another Pegasus named Thunder Lily at flight camp, she ends up having unexplainable feelings for her. As Daze tries to sort out and make sense of these feelings, she notices how they become stronger as time goes

  • ...
 7
 526

Chapter One: Camp Feather Wing

I wake up to the sounds of birds and the morning sun that kisses my muzzle as it floods through my window. As I begin to stretch I hear my grandmother calling my from downstairs.

"Snowflake! Get up er yer gonna be late fer yer campy thingy," She yells.

"Coming, granny!"

I get out of bed and trot over to my bathroom and brush my teeth. As I finish, I quickly brush my mane, grab my bag for camp that I had packed last night, and gallop down the steps.

"Hold yer horses there. You sound like a stampede comin down them there steps. Now come on over here and eat some breakfast."

I walk over to the table, pour a bowl of oats, and soak them in milk. I begin shoveling the oats into my mouth, barely remembering to chew.

"Slow down Missy. You ain't due to be at the camp till three o'clock. Its only twelve," She mutters, shaking her hoof at me.

"Sorry gran. I'm just excited for being accepted to the camp."

"Finish up yer oats and then yer free ta go."

I watch as granny cracks a smile that hides beneath her wrinkles. I finish up my oats and give granny a kiss goodbye before i fly out the door, literally. Soaring through the skies, I do a few tricks and land near a fruit stand.

"That's some fancy flying Daze," A squeaky voice behind me says.

I turn around to see Daisy Dew, a little unicorn. She looks up to me as a big sister.

"Hey, Daisy! What are you up to?" I ask cheerfully.

"I'm on my way to Star Spinner's house. Wanna come?"

"Aww, Daisy, I cant. I'm on my way to see Pin Cushion. He was fixing a hole on my flight outfit."

"Oh...OK. But we will hang out next week after camp right?"

"Of course! Seya later Daisy!"

I trot off down Saddle way, waiving to everypony that I see. In just a few minutes I arrive at Pin Cushion's 'Hem,Stitch, And Sew' shop. As I open the door a little bell chimes, and Pin pops his head out from behind a wall of saddles, dresses, and other clothing.

"Miss Daze! How delightful it is to see you," He chirps.

"Hey Pin! I am here to pick up my flight suit."

"Ah, Perfect timing. I actually just finished hoof-stitching an amazing flight suit. Would you like to see it?"

Knowing that Pin Cushion is the premiere fashion designer in all of Ferusia, I agree excitedly to see his work of art.

"Here it is! The créme de la créme of flight suits."

I look at the astonishing cobalt blue suit, decorated with a silver dragon scale pattern. It shimmered as if it had an aurora around it.

"I-Its beautiful. I doubt I have the bits for it though."

"Ah, but that's the best part. I made this suit for you. It is my going away gift to you. After all your hard work, you deserve it. Here, take it."

As Pin walks over to me, I tear up.

"Thank you so much, Pin!"

"Be sure to do well out there."

"I will. I promise."

I walk out of the store and check the time on the clock tower.

"Hmmm....Two thirty...Wait...Two thirty!? I gotta hurry to camp! Its a twenty minute flight!"

I begin to gallop and jump into the air. Feeling the wind beneath my wings and the rush of air that flows through my mane...Its probably the most amazing feeling ever. As i glide with ease through the baby blue sky, I twist and turn, looping around, and flipping through the sky until the sight of the camp catches my eye. I zoom towards the dot in the clouds, watching it grow as I get closer. Just as it comes into clear view, I see Pegasi from all directions, landing on the huge cluster of clouds. I come in for a landing and drop onto the cloud.

"This place is amazing," I mutter as I admire the cloudscape, watching the many Pegasi land on it.

Walking around I see Pegasi from all over the world. All their different coat colors and mane styles are amazing...Especially a specific Pegasus. She has a magnificent Golden-Orange coat, and a long black mane with Fiery-Red highlights. She was beautiful.

"Attention, cadets!" A gruff voice says.

Everypony looks around for the source of the voice to find a muscular grey Pegasus dressed in a green outfit, and brown boots. His blonde mane was neatly combed. He also had a pair of black sunglasses on and a whistle around his neck.

"Now yall listen up! I am your camp director! My name is Steel Wing! You were chosen as amazing flyers to take part in this here extra curricular flight camp that will prepare you for any flight academy! Do you think you have what it takes to be an amazing flier!? Do not say yes! Because if you did, you would be in a flight academy right now! You will be tested! Those who fail will be kicked out! Those who are kicked out can only apply to second rate academies! Your testing begins tomorrow at oh eight hundred! Now go get situated in your cabins! Mares to my left and colts to my right!"

As we start to divide into the two groups, I see the beautiful Pegasus again. This time I can see her cutie mark which is a lily being struck by lightning. Once we were divide into the groups, we trotted off to our respective cabins. As we walk inside, we see twelve bunk beds. Everypony begins to talk among themselves, deciding who will bunk together. Lost in the crowd, I walk over to the bed in the back that seemed to be cut off from the rest of the world. I sit down on the bottom bunk, and start to unpack my suit and other items when I feel a tap on my flank. I turn around to see the beautiful Pegasus.

"Hi. I'm Thunder Lily. Mind if I bunk with you?" She says, with a voice so soothing.

"Ugh...Y-Yeah, go ahead. My name is Snowy Daze by the way."

"What a pretty name," She says as she smiles.

I watch as she jumps up to the top bunk. I suddenly feel as if I'm blushing. For some reason...When ever I see Thunder Lily...I get the urge to smile...I cant explain these feelings...Is it normal? I guess only time will reveal what it means.

Author's Note:

Out of the three stories I am working on, this one seems to speak to me the most and flows pretty easily. Please give me feed back on it. I would love to know what you guys think.