• Published 27th Apr 2012
  • 2,052 Views, 64 Comments

A Rarity to Behold - goldenmoonpony



Rarity is getting strange phone calls and is being stalked.

  • ...
1
 64
 2,052

Revenge by a Unicorn

It'd been two days since Rarity was expected to be home. Nopony was much worried. A letter had arrived the day before postmarked 'Canterlot.' Inside, the note had explained that some business opportunities had popped up, and she was taking an extra week off to handle them.

The letter was believable; the excuses realistic. However, Twilight was still suspicious. Some phrases from the letter weren't as... Rarity-like. In other words, not exactly how she would speak. For instance, when asking Fluttershy to watch her darling cat for her, instead of calling her 'Opal' it was 'Opalesence'. Rarity only called Opal by her full name occasionally.

Nopony believed Twilight's silly little theory, so she dropped it. Secretly though, with the help of Spike, had contacted the Princess, asking for the whereabouts of Rarity all day. According to the guards the Princess conferred with, she was still safe. She had either left for coffee or meetings.

Finally, Twilight stopped worrying.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Round, wet droplets surrounded Rarity on the concrete floor. Fancy Pants just watched, his grin growing larger as the amount of tears did.

She'd been through a lot. Fancy Pants had curled her hair into loose, 80's-like curls. Makeup was caked onto her face, turning her white cheeks pink, and lips rosy red. This, of course, angered Rarity, as she believed her style was hip, beautiful. Not this trailer trash of a makeover.

"Why would you do this?! Not only did you have to lock me up in this... this dungeon, but you had to destroy my wonderful looks!" At this point, her lip was trembling, making it harder to understand her.

He feigned a look of innocence. "Why, my dear, it was only orders! I thought you were beautiful the way you were. Alas," he sighed, "my employer wished for a different look."

"O-orders? Employer?! What type of pony are you, exactly?!" Shrieks echoed in the cold room.

"Oh, I'm nothing special. Just a hit-pony." He grinned raucously.

"A-a hitpony? Oh my word." Her upper body was swaying, as if she was beginning to pass out.

"You know, ponies pay me money, I kill the object of their desires? This client, however, was special. One of my highest paying customers! He offered me twice my usual rate if instead of killing you, I simply captured you, and did his orders."

Rarity started to whimper, muttering "Why me, why me..."

Fancy snapped at her. "Don't feel special. He's done this to multiple mares before you. You know that by now, though, don't you?"

"W-well, yes, but not their names! Pray tell, for if I escape, Equestria shall know the truth."

A loud, maniacal laugh was heard. "If you escape?" The laugh grew louder, crazier. "My dear, you will never escape. Who do you expect will come, your lover, that oaf Big Macintosh? Or perhaps your librarian friend, Miss Twilight Sparkle?"

She gulped. "Y-yes. How would you know all that?"

"Oh, my client's been stalking you for a long while. You never suspected a thing."

"Y-you mean that wasn't you? Then explain the blue tail!"

"That one time was me. Just to throw suspicion off of my client. He was growing sloppy. And besides, you'd never want to believe that it was me. When you were brought here, you didn't! It was perfect."

Being scared translated in boldness for Rarity. "Stop with all this 'client' talk. Who hired you?! Why does he want me so bad?"

The other unicorn began. "Well, it won't do you much to know. You'll be dead soon anyway. My client is-"

"Me." The new pony was still shrouded in shadows, but stepped forward readily. "Hello Rarity. I've missed you."

The second presence shocked Rarity. This 'client' was even more shocking then the thought of Fancy Pants. Her mouth was gaped in shocked.

"Blueblood?!"

______________________________________________________________________________________

Knock knock

A heavy hoof was banging on Twilight's door. Lifting herself off her bed, the unicorn went downstairs to open the door. The door was already open, though, and Spike was currently talking to the pony on the other side.

With a smile, Twilight shooed Spike away. "Oh, hello. Why, I haven't seen you for a bit! We were worried about you." This 'we' referred to Twilight and her friends. "Come in, come in. I'll prepare a pot of tea for us." While she was busy doing so, she chatted with her visitor from the kitchen. "It must be terrible, what you're going through. I couldn't imagine what I would do if this happened to me." Smiling with the teapot in her mouth, she entered the sitting room, depositing the pot on a table. "It's green tea. I hope you enjoy."

"Why, I thank ya kindly, Twilight. Ah've been under some pressure lately." Big Mac took a sip from his porcelain cup. "Mhmm. This yur own brew? It tastes homemade. Must be pretty popular." He continued on to down the whole cup.

"Oh, yes, it's very popular with new guests here. You'll never believe some of the characters in get in here! One was named Bayonet, I believe, and had a pet falcon. If I remember correctly, her name was Arma."

"You seem ta remember a lot about 'im. Was he special?" By now, the cowpony had three more cups of tea, and was on his fourth.

"Oh, yes. We had a relationship for a bit... It was nice."

"But, Ah thought you were with Pinkie?"

"This is while I was in Canterlot. I had completely forgotten about him until this conversation! It turns out Pinkie actually wasn't my first love." She laughed out loud, nearly spilling her tea. Soon after, she sobered up. "I'm sorry, I'm getting off topic. So, what advice do you need from me today?"

Finally settling down his tea cup, Big Mac fiddled with his hooves. "Just the usual. Ah need some more ring recommendations."

Twilight sucked in a breath. The stallion really was serious about proposing. "Well, you've considered the diamonds I pointed out?" He nodded in answer. "Well..." A book was levitated over, and the purple pony pondered over it, a hoof on her chin. After a few minutes of silence, the book slammed shut, startling all the occupants of the Library. "I have it! Sapphires."
She sat there, a smug grin on her face.

"Sapphires..." A dreamy quality entered his voice. "To match her eyes. Perfect. Thank ya kindly, Twilight." Opened the door with a large red hoof, he paused just inside the doorway. "Speaking of Rarity, have ya seen her? The letter she sent said she'd be back by now. Ah'm startin' to worry."

A paralyzing feeling gripped Twilight's chest. Where was Rarity? Big Mac was back, she should be back by now. What if... Her pupils dilated in fear.

Her stalker must have gotten a hold of her.
______________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, Rarity, surprised to see me? You really shouldn't be. It was only a matter of time before it happened." The white unicorn examined a manicured hoof coolly. "I was removed from my family tree after the giant mess you created with the cake. I believe some... revenge is in order?" Blueblood zoomed up to Rarity, a maniac expression on his face.

Iron chains, rusted with age, were locked around her hooves. They pinned in a standing position, her only movements to sit or lay down.

"Fancy Pants, this is your client?! What the buck is going on! Blueblood, you brought that shameful press upon yourself. No part of it was my fault. In fact, you ruined my dress! I believe you should be the one in the center of this revenge!"

While Fancy Pants watched, Blueblood rubbed his hoof along her chin. "Darling, don't do this. There's one thing I want from you. It really isn't too much to ask for."

"What? What do you want, you miserable bastard? Money? Jewelry? I got plenty of it." Blueblood just shook his head 'no'. "Well, well, then. How about better attire? I've seen tramps dress better then you."

At that remark, a swift punch was delivered to Rarity's cheek. Within seconds, a large, angry purple bruise began welling where the strike had hit it's target.

"Listen, Lil' Miss Rarity." This was said very sarcastically. "Just gimme a date. One date. And if you behave well," he grinned evilly, "I won't kill you."

"Hmph. Not likely. Besides, me friends will be looking for me! The palace guards, too. They'll notice I haven't returned to my suite in a week!"

The two stallions present exchanged grins, and burst in insane laughter. Fancy was the first to speak. "They'll find you? No, no, my dear, nopony's going to be looking for you. We sent a letter to your Ponyville chums, and they believe you're still here, handling work troubles. And the guards? They won't notice a unicorn like you, no matter how shapely you're flanks are." Rarity's face drooped a little at this. "Oh, and the fifty thousand bits we paid them won't hurt either." Laughter once again echoed around.

Not able to put her hooves over her ears, Rarity winced. "Stop it! Stop your raucous laughter, both of you!"

Both of them crowded around. "Awww, look at little perfect, thinking she's the boss."

"Just shush up! Fancy, I demand you tell me what happened to Fleur de Lis. She couldn't have been a part of this plot, could she?" Once again, curiosity overwhelmed Rarity. "Was she just a plaything for you, Fancy? A new toy to play with?" Anger crept into her cultured voice.

The blue-maned unicorn grinned. "I guess you could say that. I just picked her up along the way. She did make a nice little wife, though. Cooked well." Fancy Pants licked his lips. Suddenly, his face set into an angry mask. "That was before she started interfering. Calling you, warning you. I finally strangled her just to shut her up. I do miss her daisy sandwiches though."

"Enough! Your work is done now, Fancy. I've paid you in full. It's time for me to be alone with Rarity."

"But-"

"Bye."

Head held high, Fancy left the dungeon with only the slightest look back, and the tiniest hint of remorse. "Bye Rarity."

"Well, we're finally alone now." Blueblood nuzzled Rarity's cheek, but she turned her head away. He became angry. "Alright you little snob, let's see how well you fare without food." Turning tail, he left the room, pausing in the doorway, and looking over his shoulder. "Holler when you're ready to rethink everything."

The cast iron door began to shut. Slowly, it came to a halt, sealing Rarity inside.

She was all alone in the dark.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Princess Celestia,

Please check on Rarity. No one's heard from her in days, and she said she'd be back by now. My friends and I are starting to get worried, along with her coltfriend, Big Macintosh.

Please, search everywhere. We need her back. I'm dreadfully worried that her stalker's gotten her who knows what he'll do! This is urgent, hurry, send the rescue crews, the police.

She just might be dead.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle