• Published 17th Nov 2014
  • 665 Views, 4 Comments

Blood of Harmony - BloodHive1998



When friendships begin to shatter from secrets, it's best to stop keeping the secrets, less harmony fall.

  • ...
6
 4
 665

Good fillies and Evil mares

"Would you girls like something to eat?" Eternal asked as she entered her daughter's room.

"Yea. Do you happen to have pony flesh?" Lunar asked.

"Some condensed love would be alright." Night was still a little fearful of Eternal River.

"I'll just take some apples from Sweet Apple Acres." Shadow said with a smile.

Eternal nodded as she turned and left, thinking back to when she first found the little filly that was now her daughter.


I walked towards my vine web after sensing somepony getting captured in it. Probably another teenager thinking they're tough enough to face the Goddess of the Everfree I thought angrily, I didn't like ponies trying to harm me, or really entering my home at all. I soon rounded the corner and found, not a teenager acting tough, but a little filly. Oh dear. that thought was sparked from the last filly to enter my domain and how that turned out, I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

The filly was wrapped tightly by the black vines I used as a defense against intruders. She had a blue mane with a purple coat, she also had light-blue eyes. The filly was a Pegasus looking scared, her memories were likely already gone. I approached the filly and helped her out of the vines, once she was out, her coat and mane darkened with her eyes beginning to glow purple. Purple mist began leaking from her eyes as her teeth sharped, snake-like fangs formed against the roof of her mouth, and vines exploded out of her back. Her feathers had sharpened as well.

"H-hello?" the filly asked fearfully, her voice now having an eerie undertone, as she began backing away from me.

"Don't worry little one, mommy's hear. My little Shadow Vine." I said as I reached out with a vine and gentle wrapped the filly, Shadow Vine, up and brought her into a kind, motherly hug. Not many saw my kind side.


Eternal smiled a bit as the memory of that day replayed in her head. She had definitely made the right choice by taking Shadow in as her daughter, and both were happy because of it. Eternal proceeded to get the different foods her daughter and her friends wanted and bring them back to her daughter's room before heading back to her own room. While she was laying down in her room, a yellow mist entered and materialized into a scroll with a fiery sun emblem. Confused, Eternal grabbed the letter in her black colored magic and unrolled it.

Dear Eternal River, Spirit of Everfree

Me and my sister have been having unfortunate visions regarding the King of Shadows, he was defeated long ago, but it seams he's coming back. I urge you to prepare the Forest for any assault made by him, we must protect our dear sister's children at all costs. I've already sent letters to the Spirits of Chaos, Air, Magic, and Fire We must prepare, I foresee the Shadow King to be a far greater threat now then he was before. Do not tell others of this letter, this can not leave your home and must be destroyed.

Your sister

Solar Blaze, Spirit of Sun

P.S: I'm going to be sending Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, to a secluded location within your forest to practice the destructive power of Black Magic, so that she'll be stronger when the King of Shadow's returns, leave her a clearing with spell defenses to practice in.

Eternal looked the message over again to make sure she wasn't seeing things, Her and her sisters were isolated from each other, well, except those that were polar opposites. The message was definitely from Solar Blaze, and that meant this was no joke. Eternal silently put her forest on high alert and told it to warn her should the Shadow King enter. She also set up a safe clearing for Twilight to practice Black Magic in.


Crystal Empire

A dark, shadowy mist moved silently around the crystal castle, searching for it's prey. Four years, it had been four years since the demon that made up the shadow had been able to enter the empire. It had been two years since the demon had learned of the newest princess. The demon wanted its vengeance and to do that, it had to be able to get close to the newest princess. It entered the throne room quietly, it would need to wait for a vulnerability before striking.

A few minutes passed before Princess Cadence entered the throne room, followed by her husband. The demon waited until they weren't paying attention and struck, taking over Cadence with ease.

Sombra looked evilly at Shinning Armor's fearful look.

"What happened to you Cadence?" Shinning asked with a strong terror in his voice.

"Cadence isn't here anymore." Sombra said as he, or rather she, ignited her horn in black magic and put Shinning into a coma before checking herself over in a mirror.

Sombra's influence was clear. Her eyes had become red and slitted with the whites being green and with black mist escaping her eyes. Her body had several dark and evil runes of the ancient Alicorn language on it, all glowing with Demon Magic. Her teeth were sharp as well, finishing off the indications. Sombra thought things over for a moment and then used Black Magic to create a set of armor for herself, with a midnight black crystal heart in the center of the chest plate. Hmm, I need a new name, Sombra is too old... how about... Black Shard. Sombra, now Black Shard, thought as she reexamined her silver armor and headed off, she had an Alicorn to visit, one that was technically her sister-in-law.

Black Shard headed for the master bedroom, she was tired from the take over. As she walked, she cast an illusion spell that hid the indicators of her take over and then had a maid bring her a glass of coffee before getting to the room and laying down. Twilight could wait.


Canterlot Castle

Luna ran into the throne room, caring a pulsing sphere in her magic.

"Tia! I need to speak with you!" she yelled as she skidded to a stop right in front of her sister's throne. The white coated Alicorn looked down at her sister and asked what was wrong.

"I was dream surfing as always, several ponies in the Crystal Empire were dreaming of Cadence becoming a demon, that wouldn't be of note if one of the dreams wasn't an actual memory." Luna said as the sphere grew in size and played the dream.


In the dream, a crystal pony was walking through the castle before spotting a black shadow moving to the throne room, the pony was feeling kind of reckless, in part because of the strength the crystal heart granted at this range, so he followed it quietly until it entered the throne room, where he stopped and peaked in through the double doors. After a moment, Princess Cadence and Prince Shinning armor entered from a different door and sat down, it was only ten seconds later that the shadow struck and the stallion watched with terror as Princess Cadence became twisted by the evil shadow. It was then that the stallion ran.


Before either could speak, a letter with vines wrapped around it appeared in front of Luna, who grabbed and read it.

Dear Lunar rift, Spirit of Moon

I write to you in particular because, frankly, I don't really like Solar Blaze, actually, I hate her. I've prepared the forest, The King of Shadows won't be able to get far before I know. I've also increased defense around our sister's home. I write, however, to mention some things that I noticed during Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship's, visit that concern me.

The first is that some of the residents of Sunny Town have managed to pass their borders, this isn't good because I know my curse on them is still as strong as ever, I fear the the Shadow King's return seems to have given them strength.

The second mostly concerns you and Solar Blaze, I noticed during Twilight Sparkle's visit to the clearing to practice Black Magic that she seemed troubled by something. Whatever it is seemed to be important as she lost focus several times during her training, I know for sure that she doesn't usually lose focus without a distraction.

The last thing is that I will not be able to aid in the battle to come as I've taken on a daughter. I know you told me never to do anything that'd get me emotionally attached to a mortal, but she was corrupted by one of my traps and I didn't want her to go through what the last filly to get caught and corrupted had to. The last filly was chased by the entire town and they all tried to kill her. I couldn't bare knowing that'd happen to this new filly so I took her in as my daughter. I think the pain of losing her when she dies will be worth it in the end.

Your sister

Eternal River, Spirit of Everfree
P.S: You really should think about adopting a daughter/son, It'll help you unwind and not be so boring and strict. The pain of losing her/him would be worth it for all the fun you'd have and all the love you and her/him would share.


The Harmony Kingdom

Black Shard smiled evilly as she approached the kingdom, which actually looked a lot like a mini version of the Crystal Empire. Several of the ponies were gathering around to meet her, all under the impression that she was the same Princess Cadence as before, all except a group of six ponies that seemed ready to kill her, that is.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy, sorry for the lack of much that's interesting. I wrote this over three days and lost some of my original ideas during that time.
Eternal River

don't forget to comment on why you like/dislike this story