• Published 21st Nov 2014
  • 469 Views, 3 Comments

Only one left - HighclassDragon



A young man finds himself in a world he'd never been and must now learn to live in Equestria.

  • ...
1
 3
 469

Moving in

As the pegasi come to a halt Anthony hopped off the chariot and began hugging the ground swearing 'never again' which was a common first reaction for non-winged passengers.After regaining himself the pesasi began to escort AJ to his new home just within the town. Needless to say the royal escort and odd passer-by brought more than their fair share of attention. It wasn't long before he found himself outside a pink two story house. The guards explain that the princess made sure the house had everything he'd need, including a map of the town before leaving.

Anthony took a look inside. The kitchen was in view of the living room and up stairs had a bed and guest room. Despite the height difference, considering that he was almost three whole feet taller than the common pony, the house was fairly roomy. The bed and guest rooms were quite simple only having a single dresser closet and of course twin sized bed. The kitchen was quite predictable as well as the living room. There was: an oven, sink, cabinets, refrigerator, a green sofa and arm chair, and a pine coffee-table, respectively.

After sliding his things into the shelf in the closet Anthony decided to go to the town hall to see for any jobs. Even if the house was rent and mortgage free he'd still need whatever this land called money to survive.he reasoned to himself.

Using the map of town the princess provided Aj was able to find the town hall with a fair amount of ease. Inside was a bit awkward, what with his being an absolutely unknown thing to the rest of the world, but considering the staff was at lest trying to be professional thing went quite smoothly. He was seated and then sent into the mayor's office shortly after.

Things where no less awkward than the main room. Mayor Mare was couscous, however very polite, despite her confusion. Once however she learned that Aj was a new citizen she became much more accommodating, showing him the listing available. The offered jobs were quite basic, not really anything to look twice at.

"Are these all of the jobs in town?" Aj inquired

"Yes." the mayor started "At lest the ones that have come through city hall recently. Most jobs become filled fairly quickly if open." she explained. Anthony took a random listing and gave Mayor Mare his thank before leaving.

He glaces down at the listing "Okay let's see here... Someone called... Rarity?" he questioned as he read the job post "Right ... so, Rarity needs a... a mannequin for a week?" he deadpanned

"... Whatever." Anthony blurted surrendering to the abnormality of the request, going to the map to find the boutique in question.

He arrived at the fashion spot and knocked audibly on the door. A woman's voice called out in reply " Who is it?"

"I'm here about the job... You needed a mannequin, Right?" Anthony called in response.

"Yes. Yes. Come in darling, it isn't locked." She continued as he went in "I wasn't expecting any pony to come quite so quickly. I'd only posted the request... this morning..." Her words began to slow as she caught sight of the person that entered her shop, changing from pleasant surprise to wide eyed shock.

"Yeah I seem to be getting that a lot lately." Anthony joked to calm the tension "I haven't even been here a whole day and I've already become the most popular guy in town... he-he." The mare chuckled along awkwardly at the bad joke, before steadying her tone a bit.

"I... um... uh, I'm sorry if I come off a bit rude but, er... well I was sort of expecting a pony." As Rarity thought on the situation a bit she started to cool off completely before a revelation lit her eyes bright and brought with it a massive grin "IIIDEEAAAAA!" She sung pulling the man in with her magic throwing him off-guard "This will be magnificent, absolutely wonderful mister... "

"J-James." he replied almost on instinct "Anthony James."

"Well Mr. James it's time for Rarity to make HISTORY!" she exclaimed dramaticly, as she set up to do, at the lest, her most unique line ever, pushing AJ behind the changing shade. "But first I must get you out of these hideous rags." Rarity stated giving her new employee no time to object as she stripped him to the bone with her magic.

"Whoa! Hey, wait what is this stuff?! what are you doing?!" Anthony questioned as the blueish aura draped his clothes over the shade top.

"It's my magic." She said as she pulled him toward her work area, unaware of his discomfort.
"when I'm done with you you'll be the envy of Equestria."

It took less than an hour for Rarity to be well on her way to completing the first outfit. And now at lest partly clothed Anthony was starting to get comfortably with the things flying around him. "Hey, Rarity." he started wearing little more than an incomplete pair of pants and dress shirt "Why did you need a human mannequin, this place looks pretty well off from where I stand."

"Yes, well most of my normal mannequins are getting refurbished." the fashion mare said "They need to be repaired or replaced every now and then, due to ware. Or if there's an accident ." She said with gritted teeth, before taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. After completing the tux she took a moment to sketch him for reference before allowing him to get his cloths back. "I hope to see you again tomorrow Mr.James."

"You can call me Anthony if you want. I don't mind." He stated tying his shoe lases.

"Well if you need anything do fell free to come to me. I'm always happy to help a friend." She smiled

"If you could find a way to get people to stop staring at me I wouldn't say no to that." AJ joked

Author's Note:

I do hope you enjoyed. I can't wait for the next chapter. :raritywink: